Jennifer Has Big News von sadiekate

[Reviews - 2]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Story Bemerkung:

No major spoilers. Might have some minor if you haven't seen the fifth season.
Rodney sat down on the bed, stunned. He was going to be a father. He couldn't believe it.
"Rodney?" Jennifer asked. He looked up, dazed and unfocusing. "Rodney, are you okay?"
"I'm fine. I think. A baby? Seriously, a baby? Me?" He got up and began to pace their quarters, talking rapidly. "I don't know. A baby? Are you sure?"
"Yeah. Three blood tests and I talked to Teyla, just in case all my years in medical school taught me nothing." she replied. "I kind of thought you'd be happy."
"Happy? Oh, I am happy. Ecstatic in fact. But a baby? I don't know what to do with babies."
"And I do?" Jennifer got up to join him. "We'll just have to learn together." She leaned against him.
"We'll do that." They sat back down together on the bed. "So Teyla knows? Was she as shocked as me?"
"Not quite. She was very happy for us actually."
"Oh. Did she tell anyone else?"
"No, of course not."
"Okay."
"Rodney, people have babies all the time."
"I don't."
"I hope not. Because then I'd have to divorce you, if you're off having babies with other women."
"Jennifer, we've only been married four months. Don't most people wait at least a year before having a baby?" Rodney sounded panicked.
"You have seven months to get ready."
"Seven? I thought it was nine?"
"It is. I'm two months pregnant."
"Oh."
"Aren't you, just the slightest bit, happy? Because you don't seem happy." Jennifer was disappointed in Rodney's reaction.
"I am happy. Very happy. And nervous. Very nervous." Suddenly the news seemed to hit him. "A baby! We're going to have a baby!" He rushed to the door, fumbling with the crystals to get it open. "We're going to have a baby!" he shouted into the hall.
"Rodney!" Jennifer had been hoping for a better reaction but not quite this. "That's not how you announce it!"
"Well, maybe not in Wisconsin, but here? Why not?" He ran back to kiss her and then headed into the hall to find Sheppard, Beckett and anyone else who'd listen to tell them the good news.
Jennifer sat alone on the bed, smiling. She flipped her radio on. "Teyla?"
"I hear him. He accepted the news well."
"Not at first, but now, I have a feeling it is going to be a long seven months."
Kapitel Abschlussbemerkung: please read and review! thanks!