How Rodney Proposed von sadiekate

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
When Rodney decided to ask Jennifer to marry him, he went to Teyla for advice. The last time he'd tried to propose he'd ruined it. But Jennifer wasn't Katie and she'd probably just laugh."How should I ask her?" he asked Teyla. She was quiet for a moment and then answered, "Take her down to the pier and have a picnic." He nodded eagerly and ran off to set it up.
 Rodney had brought candles (women liked candles according to John. Ditto on flowers.) and what he was hoping was a decent meal complete with fruit cups. The one thing he was sure of that Jennifer loved the fruit cups from the mess.
 Jennifer smiled and gave him a big kiss when she saw all he'd done. "And what is the big occasion?" she asked.
 "Oh, uh, you know, nothing special." he stammered. "Just thought it would be nice to eat out here under the stars. You know."
 She raised an eyebrow and nodded. "Looks good. What are we eating?"
 "Well, I had to take just whatever the mess had. So, um, turkey sandwiches, chips, and I managed to convince Lorne to give me some of his soda stash. Let's not forget the dessert either. Fruit cups!" he held one high.
 Jennifer laughed. He liked to make her laugh. Somehow, she seemed even prettier when she laughed.
 When dinner was winding down and they were moving into dessert, Rodney made his move. "Jennifer," he started.
 "Yes?" she looked up from peeling the plastic wrapper off her fruit cup.
 "I've been thinking.."
 "Big surprise there. What have you been thinking about?" Jennifer put the fruit cup down.
 "Us mostly. There is an us, right?"
 "Yes, Rodney. Of course, there is an us." she was patient with him as always and that just made him even more nervous.
 "Okay, well, I was thinking, um," he remembered watching some movie once where the guy got down on one knee to propose. He'd thought it stupid at the time but maybe it was one of those romantic things women liked. So he tried to do that and promptly fell over.
 "Rodney!" Jennifer was at his side. "Are you all right?"
 "Jennifer Ellen Keller, will you marry me?" he suddenly said, lying on the pier, staring up at her.
 "Yes."
 "Really?"
 "Yes, really."
 "Really!"
 "Really!"
 "Oh, wow. Oh, man. Really?"
 "Rodney, I already said yes."
 He reached up and pulled her down next to him. "This is the part where I kiss you, right?"
 "Yeah, I think so." They did and never even noticed the fruit cups he'd so carefully picked out, had fallen over with Rodney, right into the water.
Kapitel Abschlussbemerkung:
my first stargate fic!! okay, really short but i wanted it that way because i didn't want a long drawn out story, i'm already doing that with a flashpoint story! hope you like it!