Alisa von LE McMurray

[Reviews - 5]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Kapitel Bemerkung: Thanks to Stonedtoad for betaing.
I’m working on the next chapter.
Enjoy
Elizabeth leaned back against the pillows with her eyes closed; hoping Carson would finally agree to let her out of the infirmary when she heard a noise beside her.

“Alisa?”

The young woman jumped guiltily, “I didn’t mean to wake you.”

“You didn’t,” Elizabeth smiled, she still found it amazing how grown up and confident Alisa was compared to the shy young girl she had met in the airport less than three years before, “Is there a reason you’re here?”

Alisa bit her lip slightly, “I...I just wanted to make sure you were alright.”

Elizabeth smiled at the concern in the young woman’s voice, “I’m fine, Alisa. Thank you for your concern.”

Alisa shrugged, “Well, you’re kinda needed around here to keep them all in line.”

Elizabeth laughed, “That’s true.”

“Can I ask you something?” Alisa suddenly became serious.

“Of course you can,” Elizabeth replied, concerned by the look in the young woman’s eyes.

“When you were stuck in...in...” she hesitated trying to find the word.

“My insane mind?” Elizabeth smiled with amusement in her voice.

“If that’s the way you want to put it,” Alisa noted, “I just wanted to know how real did it feel?”

Elizabeth took in a deep breath trying to think how to phrase this.

“You don’t need to tell me if you don’t feel comfortable,” Alisa said quickly, seeing the hesitation from Elizabeth.

“It’s alright,” Elizabeth assured her, “There was always something odd about it but I couldn’t really pinpoint what it was. Now I feel like I’m truly home and as soon as Carson agrees I’m out of here.”

Alisa smiled in understanding; she’d spent enough time in the infirmary herself over the past few years.

“I’ll go chase him for you,” she said before disappearing in the direction of Carson’s office.

Elizabeth sighed in relief once more at being back where she belonged.

*********************************************

“I think it’s a great idea,” Alisa grinned at the others over her piece of toast.

“You know Elizabeth isn’t exactly one for birthdays,” John noted.

“Well, considering she just had a really nasty experience with the nanites,” Alisa reminded them, “I think she’d appreciate it.”

Ronon and Teyla both shook their heads in amusement at the enthusiasm Alisa had for her subject.

“Come on, Dad,” Alisa turned to Rodney, “You have to be on my side.”

Rodney took a long drink of coffee to stall having to answer before sighing, “Elizabeth might appreciate a party. It’ll show her how much we appreciate her.”

John sniggered slightly, wincing as Teyla kicked him under the table.

“Well if you think you can plan it,” Carson spoke up for the first time, “Then I think we should do it.”

“Me?” Alisa looked a little shocked.

“It was your idea,” Rodney reminded her as everyone else at the table nodded in agreement.

“Fine,” she replied, “I’ll do it.”

-

Elizabeth was sure that her premier team, plus Carson, Zelenka and Alisa were up to something but as nothing had exploded and she hadn’t had any complaints recently then she was just going to ignore them.

She liked when they were plotting something together – assuming they didn’t blow the place up because it showed the bond they’d developed over the past few years and was looking forward to seeing what they were up to.

“Dr Weir,” Alisa appeared in her office suddenly.

“Alisa,” Elizabeth smiled at the teenager, happy for the distraction from reading reports, “What can I do for you?”

“I thought you might want to join me for dinner,” she replied with a shrug.

Elizabeth tilted her head a little suspiciously, “Really? What about the others.”

“Well, Dad and Radek are in the middle of a project that they deem too dangerous for me to help on, John’s in a meeting with one of his teams, Laura is playing poker with her friends and refuse to let me play,” Alisa gave an innocent shrug, “Just because I won the first time I played and cleaned them out. Teyla is getting things ready with Carson for a trip to the mainland and Ronon is beating the snot out of some marines.”

“So, I’m your last choice,” Elizabeth teased.

Alisa laughed nervously, “Not exactly. I was wandering through to get some stuff from the control room and I noticed you here. I thought you might want to join me. You’re not my last choice; I just thought you shouldn’t spend all your time up here alone.”

Elizabeth hit save and stood up, “Okay, let’s go get some dinner.”

Alisa beamed and stood waiting for the leader of Atlantis to join her.

-

Elizabeth smiled as she walked through the corridors towards the mess with the teenager. They were chatting about the projects Alisa was currently working on and the things Radek had up his sleeve for her in the next few months that would lead up to her ‘final exams’.

“Are you worried about them?” Elizabeth asked.

Alias shrugged, “Just a little, since Dad and Miko are helping put the paper together.”

Elizabeth laughed, “Don’t worry too much. I’m sure they’ll be fair.”

Alisa rolled her eyes, stopping inside the door of the mess as the lights were out, “This is odd.”

Suspicion filled Elizabeth, “Extremely.”

At her voice the lights in the room sprung to life and Elizabeth jumped as she saw the room filled and a banner proclaiming “Happy Birthday”.

Elizabeth turned to the teenager at her side who was beaming before she looked back at the crowd of people and laughed.

“Thank you,” she hugged Alisa, “Though I will get you back for this.”

Alisa beamed back before heading to join the crowd, “Just remember I’m eighteen this year,” she threw over her shoulder.

Elizabeth started to laugh and joined in her party.
Kapitel Abschlussbemerkung: I know Elizabeth’s birthday would probably fall later in the season but since I didn’t mention it in Before I Sleep, I thought I’d take a few liberties.