Alisa von LE McMurray

[Reviews - 5]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
“McKay!!!!!”

The incensed yell preceded John Sheppard marching through the corridors of the city, past the balcony where Alisa and Laura were standing, his right hand attached to his head.

Alisa tapped her radio, “Carson, Dad just got John back. I think they’re even for now.”

“What did he do?” Carson asked intrigued.

“From what we saw,” Alisa replied, “I’d say glue in the hair gel.”

“I think we’re about to find out,” Laura noted, tapping Alisa on the shoulder.

The teenager looked up to find John descending on them, rage in his eyes.

“What the hell is this?” he snapped at her, gesturing wildly with the one hand that was free.

“No idea,” Alisa told him with a perfectly straight face, something Laura was having trouble keeping as John kept trying to remove his right hand from his hair.

“Where is the degenerate you call Dad?” he demanded.

“I’m assuming he’s in his lab,” Alisa replied, smiling sweetly.

Muttering to himself, John turned on his heel and headed to the nearest transporter. He turned back as Alisa called his name.

“What?”

“You started this,” she reminded him, laughing as he marched away muttering angrily under his breath.

“Do you think we should warn Rodney?” Laura mused.

Alisa laughed, “Oh no, it’s more fun this way.”



It had started on April 1st. John, being bored because he was grounded due to an injured leg, had decided to teach Ronan about the tradition of April Fools Day. He had, somehow, managed to get a hold of joke sweets and slipped them into Rodney’s lab. Rodney ended up with a blue mouth and hands, he vowed vengeance on John and the tricks had been going on since.

Nothing was dangerous and if there was any crisis happening then all pranks were immediately stopped or reversed.

That was the one reason Elizabeth hadn’t put a stop to the prank war as it was referred to. Carson and Alisa had a scorecard going on while Radek was taking bets on what was coming next.



“McKay,” John stormed into the lab, “What the hell did you do?”

Rodney glanced up from the computer, “Something wrong, Colonel?”

John tried, unsuccessfully once again, to wrench his right hand free of his hair, “What the hell did you do to me?”

Rodney allowed a self satisfied smile to touch his lips, “It’s called revenge, Colonel. You know how to use a dictionary, look it up.”

“Rodney,” John growled, “I want this fixed. Now.”

Rodney shrugged, “As I’ve told my daughter many times, you can’t always get what you want.”

“McKay!!”

“Colonel Sheppard, Dr McKay, report to the briefing room,” the call came over the comm. for them.

The two men glanced at one another and started out the room.

Rodney tapped his radio, “Lissa, I need you to go and get the bottle I left on my bedside table and bring it to the briefing room.”

“No problem,” his daughter replied.

“Thanks,” Rodney told her and turned to John, “Let’s go.”

*********************************************

Alisa was on the balcony near his lab when Rodney found her. She was sitting with her knees pulled up to her chest as she stared up at the stars.

“I’ve been looking for you,” Rodney said, taking a seat at her side, “Want to tell me why you’re sitting out here.”

Alisa let out a long sigh, “Not really.”

“I know what happened today was…” Rodney started being cut off as Alisa turned and buried her face against his chest, “Hey, what’s going on?”

“You were almost in a nuclear explosion,” she reminded him, without looking up, “I’m just…”

Rodney dropped his chin onto her head and wrapped an arm around her shoulder, holding her tightly. It was times like these that he remembered the difficulties she faced in being here. It occurred to him that Caldwell was right in how allowing Alisa so much access to mission reports was a bad thing. However, he wasn’t sure he could turn around after two years and suddenly ban her from it.

“I don’t understand how people could do that,” Alisa said, looking up at her father, “How could the Genii do that to their own people? I don’t understand.”

Rodney stroked her cheek, “I know and I’m glad that you don’t.”

“Dad, that woman…Dahlia Radim, they were willing to sacrifice her despite the fact she worked hard to…” she trailed off, rubbing her hands over her eyes.

“Lissa,” Rodney soothed, “I know how you feel and I wish I could find a way to make us both understand this but I can’t.”

Alisa let out a long sigh, “Its okay, Dad. I’m just…I’ll be okay.”

“I know, however,” Rodney kissed the top of her head, “You may almost be eighteen but you’re still my little girl and I worry about you.”

Alisa smiled up at him, “Lunch?”

Rodney stood up and hauled her to her feet, “Great idea.



They walked through the corridors of the city, heading to the mess.

“What else is bothering you?” Rodney asked his sullen daughter.

“Laura’s leaving,” Alisa sighed, “For real this time.”

“Ah,” he murmured, “I didn’t know that.”

“And you’re happy about it.”

“Lissa,” Rodney frowned at her, “Cadman and I may have our differences but I know she’s your friend.”

“I was hoping she’d stay again,” Alisa sighed, “I mean, she did the last time.”

Rodney shrugged, “Well, the military have a habit of changing things when they shouldn’t and considering she was allowed to stay longer than the original tour, I’m not surprised she’s leaving.”

“It just sucks,” Alisa told him.

Rodney rolled his eyes, “At least your vocabulary may return to its pre-Atlantis days.”

“You’ll miss fighting with her too,” Alisa challenged.

Rodney shook his head in annoyance before he smiled slightly at her, “Probably.”

He wrapped his arm around his daughter’s shoulder and they headed up to the mess.