Alisa von LE McMurray

[Reviews - 5]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Earth.

It felt strange to be back, Rodney mused as he lay staring at the ceiling in the VIP room he’d slept in. He had a meeting with the new General in an hour and a half so was waiting half an hour before going to get Alisa for breakfast.

The past few days themselves had been surreal, he’d woken up in the infirmary after a full twelve hours of sleep to find Alisa had slipped away and was helping in the clean up. They’d held a memorial service for all the dead while Ford was officially noted as MIA then he, Alisa, Elizabeth, John and Carson had returned to Earth via the Stargate.



“Come in,” came the voice after Rodney knocked on the door to his daughter’s room.

He walked in and smiled slightly seeing that she’d fixed Ford’s dogtags around her belt instead of her neck where she had worn them since he’d left. He’d been worried that, after losing two of her friends so quickly in succession, she’d have nightmares again but she hadn’t.

“Ready for breakfast?” Rodney asked.

“It depends,” Alisa replied, she pulled her long blonde hair back quickly into a ponytail, “What are they serving.”

“Real food,” Rodney smiled slightly as they started walking through the grey corridors of the SGC.

“I remember that,” Alisa grinned, “Hope they have pancakes.”

Rodney slung his arm over her shoulders, “Let’s go see.”

Breakfast was quiet, Rodney was musing over what he was going to say at his briefing with Landry while Alisa brooded.

“Dad,” her voice cut into his thoughts, “You’re going to be late.”

“I’ll be as fast as I can,” Rodney promised, “Then we can head home.” He paused looking down at her concerned, “Will you be okay?”

Alisa nodded, “Don’t worry. I’m in one of the most secure installations in the world. I think I’ll survive an hour on my own.”

“Brat,” Rodney rolled his eyes at her before disappearing.



Alisa sat browsing through a magazine she’d procured from the infirmary during their medical the night before. It felt strange being back on Earth, or it would once they got out of the base.

“Mind if I join you?” a voice made her look up.

“Sure,” she said, looking bemused at the man standing there, “I know you.”

“Daniel Jackson,” he introduced himself as he sat across from her, “We didn’t get a chance to talk before you left.”

Alisa smiled in recognition, “You opened the Stargate.”

“Guilty,” he shrugged, he started attacking his own breakfast, “So, tell me what it’s like?”

“Atlantis?”

Daniel nodded rolling his eyes slightly, “I wasn't allowed to go with the expedition.”

“You weren’t allowed?” Alisa asked, a little confused, “Did you not clean up your room or something?”

Daniel grinned, “You’ve met Jack, he decided I was to stay and help here. But, since he’s no longer in the SGC I’m coming to Atlantis.”

“Cool,” Alisa smiled, closing her magazine, “Alright, let’s see…”



Rodney returned to the commissary after his meeting, relieved it was over. He heard Alisa laughing as he walked in the door, finding her sitting across from Daniel Jackson who was in the middle of a story. A year ago, he knew that she wouldn’t talk so openly to someone she didn’t actually know, but the time on Atlantis had changed Alisa a great deal, giving her the confidence she’d lacked.

“Dad,” Alisa grinned up at him, “Dr Jackson was telling me some stories from his missions.”

“In exchange for hearing a few stories from Atlantis,” Daniel added with a grin.

Rodney nodded slightly, personally he’d never really gotten along with Daniel that well, mostly due to the combative nature of Rodney’s relationship with Sam Carter.

“Lissa, I’m finished here,” Rodney told her, “We can go now.”

Alisa grinned and jumped up, “It was nice to meet you Daniel and I’ll see you on the Daedalus.”

“Bye, Alisa, Rodney,” Daniel grinned back as they walked away.

Rodney led the way out of the SGC and to the car that was taking them to the airport.

*********************************************

Alisa stepped inside their house and paused. It felt strange to be here, strange that it didn’t feel like home anymore. Even when she stayed with Kirsty and her family, this house had always been her home.

It had taken them a lot longer to get here than she thought it would. First the flight then they had to hire a car, which her father had been less than amused at the options available. Finally they’d stopped off to get some groceries, shopping as usual turned into a battle of wills that was played out as always.

“I miss it too,” Rodney said, standing behind her, “What do you want to eat?”

“What you making?” Alisa asked, with an innocent grin.

Rodney rolled his eyes, “Whatever the take-away has on its menu.”

“Pizza,” Alisa tossed over her shoulder as she headed up to her room to dump her bag. She got to the door and stopped, staring inside it.

“It helps if you go in,” her father came up behind her.

Alisa turned and shrugged, “It just feels…weird.”

“Weird?” Rodney shook his head before just ignoring her, “What do want on your pizza?”

Alisa grimaced that he was brushing away her thoughts, “Pepperoni, onion and cheese, lots of cheese,” she replied before calling after him, “And it is weird.”

“Dump your stuff,” Rodney shouted back up at her.

Stepping into her room, Alisa glanced around thinking to her room in Atlantis. She missed the place already.

They both pottered around the house as they waited for dinner to arrive, going through mail, email and checking messages. Finally food arrived, Alisa grinned as they sat on the couch watching a movie they’d both seen a dozen times, eating their pizza.

“Still feel weird?” Rodney asked, grabbed one more slice.

Alisa shrugged and stealing the final slice; “Not anymore.”



Alisa stared at the ceiling as she tried to sleep, she’d slept fine the night before in the SGC, but that could have been due to excess exhaustion. She smiled as she heard her Dad moving around the house, trying to be quiet and not doing a very good job of it. Finally she threw off her covers and staggered downstairs, Rodney was already there watching reruns of The Twilight Zone.

He saw her standing in the doorway and motioned her to join him. Alisa curled up on the couch beside him, smiling as her father pulled the blanket over the both of them. They watched old TV shows until they fell asleep.

*********************************************

“You’re quiet for a change,” Rodney noted as he drove them through the streets.

Alisa shrugged.

“What’s wrong?” he demanded.

Alisa let out a long sigh, “I’m just wondering what I’ll say when they keep asking where we’ve been.”

“That I’m working on a classified project,” Rodney reminded her, “And you can’t talk about it.”

Alisa rolled her eyes, “And that’ll mean I won’t get asked anything else.”

Rodney frowned at her sarcasm, “Lissa, you can talk about the others but you can’t say where we were or what exactly we were doing.”

“I know, Dad,” she replied, turning to stare out the window, “It’s just not going to be easy.”

Rodney knew how she felt and the rest of the drive was in silence. Finally, they reached the house and Rodney parked.

“Here,” he handed her a cell-phone, “Keep this with you.”

“Dad, I’m sixteen,” Alisa took the phone and tucked it in her pocket, “When have you ever known me to not have my phone with me?”

“Remember we have a month so don’t go overboard with the shopping,” Rodney ignored her, “And don’t bankrupt me with any computer equipment.”

“Yes, Dad,” she smiled at him before taking a deep breath, “You called and said we were coming, right?”

“Alisa,” Rodney said annoyed, “Get out of the car.”



“Alisa,” Diane grinned as she opened the door to them, “I’m so glad you’re here,” she pulled Alisa into a tight hug, glancing up at the man standing there, “Hi, Rodney.”

“Hi,” he replied with a nod, “Lissa, I’ll call when I’m on my way.”

She turned to her father, “Okay. Have fun.”

“Rodney,” Diane held up her hand for him to wait, “Alisa, Kirsty’s upstairs. I want to talk to your Dad for a second.”

“Sure,” she looked a little worried but gave Rodney a quick wave before disappearing.

“Is something wrong?” Rodney asked, folding his arms across his chest.

Diane bit her lip slightly, “I know you’ll say this is none of my business but it’s been about a year since we’ve seen you and the only contact there’s been is a very strange video-message.”

“Your point?” Rodney demanded.

“This isn’t healthy for Alisa,” Diane told him, “Keeping her away from her friends and school while you do whatever you’re doing.”

“Alisa is quite happy,” Rodney replied sharply, “She was the one who made the choice that we should go.”

Diane let out an annoyed sigh, “And Alisa would do anything to make you happy. Look, I want you to think about this. Scott and I are more than happy for her to stay here again while you’re away.”

Rodney’s expression blanked slightly, glancing down at the ground, “Diane…I’ll think it over.”



“For the last time, Kirsty” Alisa snapped, her hands resting on her hips, “I can not tell you where we’ve been. It’s classified and if I tell anyone Dad’ll kill me.”

“Not even a tiny clue?” her best friend asked hopefully.

Alisa glared at her, “Knock it off.”

“For now,” Kirsty shrugged, “So, what do you want to do?”

Alisa grinned, “Let’s go shopping.”

“Yes,” Kirsty grinned at her, “Give me a minute and I’ll get my jacket together.”

Alisa moved to the window as her best friend buzzed around, they had no idea about what was out there, no idea the horror that lived out there. Unconsciously, Alisa reached to the tags hanging around her neck, she knew the enzyme had affected him but the loss of Ford had slammed it home to all of them that the Wraith could affect them in more ways than the life-sucking.

“What’s that?”

Kirsty’s question made Alisa jump and tighten her grip on the tags.

“Oh my God,” Kirsty cried, getting a good look as Alisa tucked them back under her top; “They’re dog-tags. Where did you get them?”

Alisa hesitated for a second before replying, “A friend. He’s gone now.”

“I’m sorry,” Kirsty whispered, seeing how upset her friend was.

Alisa shook her head, “Its okay. Let’s go, I haven’t had a chance to shop in ages.”

*********************************************

Alisa sat waiting to be called in to see the General, wondering why she was here. They’d been home for three weeks and in a few days were heading back to Colorado before returning to Atlantis by ship. Her father had arrived back from his meeting the day before, asking if she had something to do the next day.

“Kirsty has stuff to do,” Alisa replied with a shrug, “I plan on doing nothing but watch TV.”

“How about coming with me?” Rodney asked.

Alisa frowned at him, “Why?”

“You have a suspicious nature,” he gently squeezed the back of her neck.

Alisa laughed, “I wonder where that comes from? Come on, Dad. Why am I coming with you?”

“General O’Neill wants to talk to you,” Rodney told her.

Alisa let out a long sigh confused before shrugging, “Sure why not.”



“Hello, Alisa,” Jack O’Neill grinned at her, “It’s good to see you.”

Alisa couldn’t help but smile back, genuine pleasure at seeing him filling her, “You too, General.”

“Ah,” he raised a finger in warning.”

“Jack,” Alisa laughed, “It is great to see you again.”

He motioned her to sit down, “Well the stories I’ve heard about you, you’ve done pretty well on Atlantis.”

“It’s an incredible place,” Alisa told him, “And I’ve learned amazing things, including what I want to do with my life.”

“We’re going to have another Dr McKay on our hands at some point,” Jack grimaced.

Alisa laughed, “We are the best.”

“Do you know why I asked to see you?” Jack became serious suddenly.

Alisa shrugged, “No.”

He smiled slightly amused; she was very different from when he’d met her the first time. Not as shy, her confidence in herself had been built in Atlantis and Jack knew this was going to be perfect for her.

“The reason I wanted to talk to you,” Jack continued, “Was to discuss your position on Atlantis.”

“I’m not staying here,” Alisa snapped venomously, “I won’t let you do that to me. I won’t let you…”

“Alisa,” Jack spoke softly, as she trailed off, “I’m not going to make you stay on Earth but,” he held up his hand to stop her speaking, “Your status has to change.”

“I don’t understand.”

“Now that we have the Daedalus and Atlantis is no longer cut off from Earth, people are very interested in who is there,” Jack explained, “When asked who Alisa McKay is, the answer just the daughter of the Head Scientist isn’t going to be enough.”

“I still don’t get it.”

Jack laughed, “You are brilliant, Alisa and from what your father brought back, you’ve graduated High School early.”

“And?”

“And normally you’d go to college,” Jack was unable to stop his grin, “Since it’s a hell of a commute, your father and I have come up with another idea.”

Alisa frowned, confusion creasing her brow, “Which is what?”

“According to the records you’ve been working with Dr Zelenka,” Jack reminded her, “So, we’re just going to make it official. You’ll be noted as Zelenka’s assistant, given the salary to go with this. He will oversee your studies, since Dr Zelenka has privileges at several Colleges. This does mean you’ll have to wear the uniform so I hope you didn’t go overboard in your shopping.”

Alisa stared at him as everything sunk in, “Hold on. You’re letting me go back, giving me basically a college education and you’re going to pay me for this?”

Jack nodded.

“Dad must have been ecstatic,” she laughed, “Not having to pay for college.”

“I doubt he would have had to pay for your college education, Alisa,” Jack reminded her before frowning; “There is one more thing. Hold on while I get your Dad in here for this.”

When Jack disappeared, Alisa rubbed her hands over her face in disbelief; the joy that she was getting to go back to Atlantis was now tinged with worry.

“Lissa,” Rodney arrived and sat at his daughter’s side; taking her hand, he squeezed it gently, “What do you think?”

“It’s great,” Alisa smiled, “But what’s the one more thing?”

Rodney winced and turned to Jack wanting him to explain to her. Jack nodded and returned his attention to the teenager sitting waiting.

“Not everyone connected with the Stargate are good people,” Jack explained.

“Like the Gould,” Alisa stated.

Jack shook his head, “I’m talking Earth based. We had a lot of problems with a group called the NID. Not as much anymore but there are another group called The Trust.”

Alisa bit her lip, “What does this have to do with me?”

“You would be a valuable asset to them, Lissa,” Rodney squeezed her hand tighter, “You have knowledge of Atlantis, Ancient technology and more importantly you’re loved by the entire command crew.”

“If they got their hands on you,” Jack took over, “It could be disastrous.”

Alisa stared at them, “Why are you telling me this?”

“Lissa,” Rodney settled his arm around her shoulders, “We’re not trying to scare you but to make you understand what we need you to do.”

“And what’s that?” Alisa whispered.

Jack moved and sat at her other side, “We’re not going to advertise who you are, everyone knows you as simply Alisa anyway and we’re not asking you to stop calling him Dad.”

This earned him a slight smile of amusement from both McKay’s’.

“All we’re going to do,” Jack continued, “Is list you under a different surname here, pay your salary into an account under that name also. It’s just a precaution.”

“What name?” Alisa asked.

“Bonner,” Rodney answered her, “I thought using your mother’s name would be easiest.”

Alisa was struck speechless for a while before she nodded. As they stood to leave Jack caught her by the shoulder.

“We’re not trying to frighten you, Alisa,” he told her, “This is just to keep you safe. Come on, in two days you’ll be back in the SGC and then you’ll be on your way to Atlantis. There’s nothing to worry about.”

Alisa nodded warily, “Okay.”



“Lissa,” Rodney said as they walked through the corridors, heading for the car, “I hope we didn’t scare you. We just needed you to understand.”

Alisa smiled at him, “I’m okay, Dad. I’m guessing General O’Neill’s had someone watching me since we got back.”

Rodney laughed, “You’re sometimes too smart for your own good.”

“Family trait,” she shot back at him, stopping suddenly as a familiar man appeared in front of them, “John,” she cried, moving and hugging him tightly.

“Nice to see you too, kid,” John laughed, hugging her with a smile.

“I didn’t know you were here,” Alisa grinned.

John shrugged starting them walking again, “Well, I had some stuff to do. So your dad offered the spare room till we head back to Colorado.”

“That’s great,” Alisa grinned.

“Carson’s flight is due in soon,” Rodney told her, “We’ll pick him up then go have dinner.”

“Cool,” Alisa smiled.



Carson stepped into the arrivals lounge, smiling to see Rodney, John and Alisa standing waiting for him. He hugged the enthusiastic teenager before turning to the two men.

“Rodney, Major,” Carson smiled.

“Actually,” John grinned, “Its Lieutenant Colonel now.”

The other three stared at him in surprise.

“They promoted you?” Alisa demanded amused.

John gently cuffed her shoulder, “They gave you a job, kid. Let’s not question their sanity too much.”

“A job?” Carson asked.

“How about we get out of here and we can fill each other in on all our news,” Rodney suggested, throwing John a dark look.

The newly promoted Lt Colonel nodded and grabbing one of Carson’s bags, started out of the terminal and back to the car.



Rodney pulled up to Diane’s house a few days later and sat for a few seconds in the car. They were leaving for Colorado and had to be at the airport soon.

“Rodney,” John’s voice made his look to his side, “The trick is to open the door and get out.”

Rodney threw a dark look at him before getting out the car, hearing Carson and John laughing. Hitting the doorbell, he nodded hello to Diane when she opened the door.

“She’s upstairs, Rodney,” Diane told him, motioning him inside, “Have you thought over what we talked about?”

“Yes,” Rodney told her, folding his arms across his chest, “I’m taking her with me. I won’t leave her behind and Alisa would never forgive me if I did.”

Diane sighed, “Just tell me we will hear from you before this time next year?”

“I promise,” Rodney nodded, “Give her a yell, we have to leave soon.”

Diane smiled slightly, “Take care of yourself, Rodney.”

“Dad,” his daughter cried, making him turn, he stared as she appeared before him. “So,” she said hopefully, “What do you think?”

Her long blonde hair had been cut to just above her shoulders and she now had copper streaks through it.

Rodney felt sad, she’d never had her hair this short since she was a little girl and it hit him, his baby was now a grown up. He looked into her eyes, seeing worry that he’d be scornful of her new look, which melted away as he smiled.

“It suits you,” Rodney nodded, “And we have to go.”

“Oh yeah,” Alisa turned to her friend and quickly hugged her tightly before hugging Diane, “I’ll write.”

Rodney rested his hand on her shoulder as they walked out of the house.

“Dad,” she murmured softly, “Thanks for not leaving me. I know Diane wanted you to.”

“Lissa,” he squeezed her shoulder, “You know I could never do that. Come on, John and Carson will be getting restless.”

Alisa turned back for a second to where Kirsty and Diane stood; she gave them a slight wave before jumping in the backseat beside Carson.

*********************************************

“Adams, Arthurs, Brennan, Buchanan, Cadman, Cedar,” John listed, groaning with annoyance, “How the hell am I supposed to remember all of them?”

“Go back,” Rodney told him, “I recognised one of those names.”

“Which one?” John asked, looking back through the list, “Cadman?”

“No, further back,” Rodney replied, “Brennan. Any relation to Sergeant Brennan.”

“Stair surfer Brennan,” John grinned, laughing at the memory, “If only Elizabeth hadn’t banned it.”

“He dislocated his shoulder and nearly knocked Zelenka out,” Rodney rolled his eyes, “Is it a relation?”

John scanned the sheets in the folder before nodding, “Younger brother.”

“Great,” Rodney muttered, “Just what we need.”

John laughed, continuing to go over his list as Rodney worked on his own list of new recruits. They were due to board the Daedalus in five hours and were going over everything they needed before heading back to the Pegasus Galaxy.



Elizabeth Weir glanced over the new recruits coming with them to Atlantis. The mix of beige and dark blue uniforms made her smile. They’d survived a full year alone and now they were returning with so many more resources. Especially one she’d been very pleased to hear about. Her eyes focussed on Alisa McKay, noted in the personnel files as Bonner, who was standing talking with some of the new scientists. With her new hairstyle and wearing the uniform, she looked much older than her sixteen years and Elizabeth made a mental note to talk to John about making sure it was known she was just a teenager.

“All ready, Doctor?”

Elizabeth turned to General Landry, “Just waiting on Lieutenant Colonel Sheppard and Doctor McKay to join us and then we’ll start the dialling sequence.”

He nodded quickly, moving to one of the technicians before turning back to her, “I’m afraid Dr Jackson won’t be joining you.”

“I heard,” Elizabeth replied, “When he wakes up, tell him I’ll miss having him on Atlantis. And I’m sure he’ll be able to join us on the Daedalus’ next run.”

She heard the familiar sound of Rodney and John arguing, smiling as they arrived in the Control Room.

“Are we ready?” John grinned; he looked out across the people standing there, “Look at the new kids.”

He turned to Rodney, amazed the scientist hadn’t hit out with a sarcastic remark, finding the other man watching his daughter.

“What happened to the quiet kid you brought with you last year?” John asked, his own gaze falling on confident young woman talking away.

Rodney shook his head sadly, “I wish I knew.”



The Daedalus was no longer quiet, every bunk was filled and John, Elizabeth and Rodney found themselves extremely busy orientating the new members of the expedition, while Rodney also worked on the ships systems.

“Hey,” Alisa appeared at his side as he was heading to the engine room, “You wanted to see me?”

Rodney smiled down at her, “I want to show you something.”

Alisa gave him a suspicious look, “What?”

He laughed and pushed her forward, “You’ll love this, Lissa.”

They continued towards the engine room and as they entered, Alisa stopped dead, staring in astonishment.

“Lissa,” Rodney grinned at her expression, “This is Hermiod, the liaison of the Asgard.”

“Dad, that’s an alien,” Alisa gasped, stepping back slightly as the grey being turned and studied her.

“I am Asgard,” Hermiod told her, studying the young woman, “You are smaller than the other humans.”

Alisa folded her arms across her chest, “Because I’m only a teenager.”

Hermiod tilted his head, “You are a child?”

“This is my daughter,” Rodney interrupted.

The Asgard gave him a look before returning to his screens. Alisa rolled her eyes at her father moving over to have a look.

“I do not like being watched,” Hermiod told her as she peered over his shoulder.

“I was just seeing what you were doing,” Alisa replied, not backing down to Rodney’s amusement.

Hermiod gave her a brief glance, “You would not understand it.”

“Then what’s the harm in me looking?” the girl asked innocently.

The alien looked at her for a few moments before nodding. Rodney watched, unable to keep the smile from his face as Alisa asked a question making the Asgard realise she was much smarter than he believed.

With a smile, he turned back to his own work. There were only sixteen days until they reached Atlantis and a lot to do.



“I want everyone confined to their quarters,” Caldwell ordered after the death of Lindstrom, he turned to Rodney, “Especially your daughter.”

“Hermiod has requested she work with him,” Elizabeth spoke up, Rodney was still using the oxygen mask, “He seems to enjoy imparting knowledge to her.”

“It’s the whole…they can’t have kids thing,” Rodney gasped slightly, “They’re clones, so no new members of the species to mould.”

Caldwell didn’t look happy but nodded, “Very well. But keep her out of the way of the investigation.”

Rodney nodded, annoyed as Carson pushed the mask back onto his face. He shuddered as he thought that the only reason Lindstrom had been there was because of him. Another death he was responsible for.

“I don’t think Alisa made a very good impression on Caldwell,” Carson murmured as he checked Rodney again.

“I’m not exactly worried about that,” Rodney said, his voice still scratchy, “I need to check on her.”

Carson patted the other man’s shoulder, “I know, Rodney.”



“Isn’t a full system shutdown pretty dangerous?” Alisa asked, watching as her father move from console to console.

“Maybe,” Rodney replied, “But not doing it is even more dangerous.”

At the side of the console, John turned to Elizabeth, “This is what I do when I have problems with my laptop. I turn it off, and then I turn it on again.”

“I think this is a little bit more complicated than that,” Elizabeth told him, seeing Alisa smirk at her.

“I'm just saying,” John told them, “That if we're taking a page from the John Sheppard Book of Computer Repair, we're really desperate.”

“Alright,” Rodney finished what he was doing, “Colonel, we're ready.”

“Thank you,” Caldwell’s voice came over the radio before he started talking over the comm. system, “All personnel, this is Colonel Caldwell. Prepare for a full system shutdown.”

Alisa took a deep breath and returned to her spot beside Hermiod to watch what he was going to do.

“Alright, Doctor, go ahead,” Caldwell ordered.

Rodney took a deep breath, “And.”

He motioned to Hermiod, who activated the sequence on his console. Everything shut down and the ship was plunged into darkness.

*********************************************

“How long can they survive those radiation levels?” Elizabeth asked Hermiod anxiously as they watched the small ship on the screen.

“I believe it has already been too long,” the small grey alien noted.

Elizabeth turned to Alisa; she reached out and gently squeezed the teenager’s shoulder, seeing the fear in the girl’s eyes. She touched the button for the radio, “John, can you read me?” she waited for several seconds, “Rodney, come in?”

“Daedalus, this is Sheppard,” John’s voice came over the radio, making Alisa and Elizabeth sigh in relief, “Target is destroyed. I repeat, target is destroyed. If you try one more shutdown, I think it might just work.”

“Well done, both of you,” Elizabeth laughed slightly, “You had us a little worried there for a minute.”

“Sorry about that,” John said.

“You will be,” Alisa murmured slightly, shaking as she relaxed.

“This is Caldwell,” the Colonel interrupted, “We'll rendezvous as soon as we've eradicated the virus once and for all.”



Alisa ignored the rest of the chatter and sank into the nearest seat, rubbing her hand across her eyes.

“You are ill?”

She looked up to see the Asgard looking down at her, with what she assumed was either concern or curiosity.

“No,” she told the grey alien, “I’m not. We just haven’t even got to Atlantis yet and my father has managed to almost get killed…again.”

“And this upsets you?” Hermiod asked.

Alisa looked at him incredulously, “Of course it does. Look, I know the risks of Atlantis,” her hand crept to grip the dog tags that sat round her neck, “But we’re not even there yet.”

She was surprised as the alien patted her arm, “He did a very brave thing.”

“You think?” Alisa smiled slightly, “I didn’t think you liked him?”

“Your father is an annoying man,” Hermiod moved back to his console, “But it still was a very brave thing to do.”



Alisa grinned as she stepped out onto Atlantis. She walked with the rest of the command crew towards the Gateroom, it felt good to be home and as they reached the Control room.

“Radek,” she grinned, moving to hug the scientist while the others headed up the stairs to join Teyla.

“Ah, my young apprentice,” Radek smiled back at her, “Being on Earth agreed with you, Alisa. I like your hair”

The teenager flicked her hair back slightly with a grin, “You’re sure you don’t mind about becoming my tutor?”

“Alisa,” Radek wrapped his arm around her shoulders, leading her up to join the others, “I am very happy to teach you.”

“Good,” Alisa grinned, “Because, I intend to be Head of the Science contingent one day.”

Radek laughed, “I have no doubts that you shall be.”



Night had fallen on Atlantis, the new recruits were settled in and the command crew had caught up on everything. Rodney found his daughter standing on a balcony staring out at the stars.

“Glad to be back?” he asked, moving to stand at her side.

Alisa nodded, “It feels different though, without Aiden and Peter.”

“I know,” Rodney sighed; he placed his arm around her shoulders, pulling her to him, “We’ll find Ford. John won’t give up on him.”

“I know,” she leaned into her father.

“One more thing,” Rodney said, taking a deep breath, “Since technically you’re at college now, there’s no reason for you not to have your own room.”

Alisa turned and stared up at him, “This is part of making sure people don’t guess who I really am, right?”

“In a way,” Rodney shrugged, “But, as much as I’d prefer we keep the same arrangement, Elizabeth did point out, you aren’t a little girl anymore. If you want you can stay where you are.”

“I think a place of my own sounds good,” Alisa grinned, before adding, “But not too far away from you.”

Rodney smiled and leaning over he gently kissed the top of her head, “Your mother would be so proud of you, Lissa. I know I am.”

Alisa grinned at her father before they turned their attention to the stars laid out before them both lost in thought.