Oops! von Billy-B-Killa

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
"Elizabeth!" Rodney yelled as the woman fell to the ground in a slump. He rushed forward and knelt by her side, feeling at her neck for a pulse. A large red stain was forming at her left hip, blood dripping onto the floor.

He looked up at the familiar 'whooshing' sound of the stargate shutting down. Lieutenant Ford was holding an unconscious Teyla, and behind them Sergeant Bates was being leaned on by Stackhouse and a soldier Rodney didn't know by name.

"Medical team to the 'gate room!" Sheppard shouted as he helped Ford gently lower the Athosian woman to the ground. "What happened, Lieutenant?" he directed at Ford.

"We were attacked, sir," Ford answered, sounding out of breath, "By unknown hostiles."

"The people you were..."

"No, sir," Ford interrupted immediately, "They, were, as I said, unknown. We were negotiating a trade deal with the Minorans, when the entire village was nearly burned to the ground. We barely escaped, sir. Teyla was the first to be hit, before we realized what was going on, in her right shoulder and hip."

Sheppard nodded and glanced around the gate room, noting as he did that Dr. Weir and Ford's team weren't the only injured. Peter Grodin was holding his right arm, but still upright and manning the controls. Technician Wong was sitting on the ground, clutching his head as blood seeped through his fingers. The others were shaken, but didn't seem to be hurt.

John sighed. This was not good. It was bad on any day, but the fact that Dr. Beckett and nearly eighty percent of his medical team were on the mainland trying to stem off an epidemic among the Athosians. He had imposed a quarantine, and travel to and from the mainland was not viable.

Dr. Janice Greenwood walked briskly into the gate room at that moment, took stock of the situation and immediately had the other four medical personnel left on the base take Dr. Weir and Teyla to the infirmary before assigning McKay, Ford and Bates the task of getting Stackhouse and Jones looked after.

Sheppard took the first aid supplies she handed him and knelt by Wong, cleaning the head wound. It was, thankfully, only superficial, but as it was a head wound, it still bled profusely at first.