Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Driving

by Breniah
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Driving

Driving

by Breniah

TITLE: Driving
AUTHOR: Breniah
EMAIL: breniah@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Thoughts, Angst
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL: any
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: Jack's thoughts while driving aimlessly
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I wrote this in 15 minutes while bored at work so I'd really like to know what y'all thought. All feedback and constructive criticism will be greatly appreciated.
DEDICATION: For Sare, who helped me around the SGC, and for JEZ, for helping me with other bastard of a story I am trying to write.

//Well here I go again, I promised myself,

I wouldn't think of you today.//

Driving, it makes so much sense sometimes. I mean just getting in the car and going. I have no where I am going, I just found a highway and started to follow it.

I nearly couldn't get out of bed this morning. The idea of doing the mundane left me cold and empty. I was supposed to get snacks from the supermarket. Instead I ended up on some highway, going somewhere else. Somewhere you are not.

That sounds cold doesn't it? I don't mean it that way. I just can't be around you at the moment. How anyone can be as clueless as you astounds me but that's the way it is apparently.

You and Daniel will probably be pulling up at my place soon, wondering where I have gone. I know we were supposed to spend our weekend together, but I honestly couldn't face you, feeling as I do. I can't keep denying it Sam, it's inside me and it won't go away. I don't want it to go away. I love you, and I love that I love you.

That's why I am driving. It's easy, and it helps me put distance between us. You don't see it, and I'm beginning to think you never will. Don't you get it though? I can't say anything to you about it. I need you to tell me what you are feeling. I couldn't just dump this on you, when you have so much to lose. Hence the driving down an almost forgotten highway.

I just want to hear your voice. I need to hear it. Gotta keep driving though, gotta keep putting that distance between us. As if on cue, my mobile starts ringing. I know its you. Should I give into the temptation? My hand is already moving to the phone, I have no say in the matter.

"Hello?"

"Sir?" Your voice is hesitant. You never call me 'Jack'. Why is that?

"Yeh."

"Where are you?" I can sense her unease. I am sorry to be the cause of it.

"I'm on a highway Sam, just driving."

"So I guess tonight is off then?" She sounds annoyed now. I would be, I should've let them know not to come over. I just couldn't call her.

"Yeh, sorry, I just needed to drive."

I can hear Daniel in the background asking what is going on. She mutters something at him. I miss what she said but before I can even try to figure it out her voice is in my ear again. "Are you ok, Jack?" I hear the concern in her halting words. 'Jack', she called me 'Jack'! I feel an upsurge of hope and exhilaration course through me.

"Hang on Sam, I'll be home soon." I have already swerved the car around causing numerous beeps from other drivers. But I don't care. Throwing the phone onto the passenger seat, I start smiling. And as I drive home, the smile stays with me. I have a destination, I have a purpose and above all else, she called me Jack.

//Well here I go again, I promised myself,

I wouldn't think of you today.//

The End

Let me know if you liked!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Breniah