Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

As A Couple

by Becca
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
As A Couple

As A Couple

by Becca

Title: As A Couple
Author: Becca
Email: beccacurrie@msn.com
Category: Romance
Season: any Season
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Summary: will jack ever get to retire and will sam and jacks relationship ever work out??
Sequel to: She Loves Me Too
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

As A Couple

After Sam was revived in the sarcophagus after Jack had taken care of her that night, she was sent home for at least a weeks rest. This meant SG-1 had a week down time too!

Jack drove Sam home that morning and made sure she had everything she needed before he left. Before he left! Where was he going? Why was he going? All Sam wanted to do was too curl up in Jacks arms and hibernate for a week. But she let him go without any of her questions being answered, she was too tiered to push for them.

Sam was suddenly awoken with the sound of her doorbell. Who could this be she wasn't expecting anyone? She thought to herself. Sam put on her dressing gown and went to answer the door; she gave a quick glance at her watch. 12:00, Sam had slept past 08:00which was unusual; she was obviously more tiered than she thought. The door bell rang again.

"All right all right I'm coming!"

Sam opened the door to find the whole of SG-1 there, Janet and Cassie was there too. Sam's heart sank when she realised Jack wasn't there though but was pleased to see the rest of them.

"Hi" Sam mumbled

"Sorry we thought you'd be up" said Daniel

"Yeah I overslept............oh sorry come in"

Sam motioned everyone through to the living room.

"Just give me a minute and I'll go get ready"

Janet seeing the disappointment in her friends face shouted:

"Don't worry he's on his on his way. He had something to do first."

Sam gave Janet a thankful smile and carried on to her bedroom. While getting changed she could hear everyone talking and the sound of her fridge raided by Cassie. `She won't find anything' Sam thought to herself `I've too busy to go grocery shopping. Sam emerged from her bedroom to making themselves comfy. But still no sign of Jack.

"I'm sure he won't be much longer Sam. This was this was his idea." Said Janet catching Sam's look of disappointment AGAIN!

"What was his idea?" asked Sam.

"This was! We all had to meet at your house and he'd meet us here. That was all he said."

Sam's expression changed. Now she was wearing a puzzled look. Janet just shrugged and turned to talk to Cassie. Cassie hadn't been told of the other days events Sam and Janet had agreed on this.

"It might be to painful to know she almost lost you." She can remember Janet saying.

"Yeah you're probably right." Sam agreed.

Just then, when Sam had given up hope `he' burst through the door, his arms full

"Helooooo, a little help people!"

"Sorry Jack." Sam said running towards the falling grocery bags.

"Thanks Sam but you're supposed to be resting. Hint, hint you guys.

"Its al right Jack I'm not an invalid."

"I know......it's just.........well I worry."

"There's no need to." Sam said with a cheery voice.

"I take it that's you happy, now that Jacks here Sam." Yelled Janet from the sofa.

"What?" Jack asked confused.

"Well she's done nothing but mope around the house with a face like thunder until you got here."

"Really!" Jack asked smiling.

"Yeah she didn't even offer us a drink you know."

"I'll just get you one now then will I?"

"Great. I'll have one too thanks Sam." Daniel chimed in.

"Do I look like your slave?"

"Come on I'll help you." Jack laughed as he followed Sam into the kitchen.

A couple of minutes later and they were still not back with the drinks.

"What do you thinks keeping them?" Daniel asked.

"I don't know" Janet shrugged.

As Janet turned into the kitchen she saw exactly what was keeping them. EACH OTHER!!
Both had their hands entwined round each other and they looked as though a crow bar wouldn't separate them. But just then Sam broke away realising that Janet was standing there.

"We were just wondering what was keeping you." Janet said trying desperately and failing to hold in her laugh.

"Erm.........we were just coming." Sam said also trying and failing to hold in her laugh.

Janet wandered back into the living room leaving Sam and Jack alone.

"So where were we?" Jack sighed seductively.

"Getting everyone drinks............remember?"

Oh yes."

Sam walked round the dinner table towards a cupboard; she pulled out 5 wine glasses and a large tumbler for Cassie.

"Red or white?"

"What?" asked Sam.

"The wine red or white?"

"Erm just put them both out thanks."

Jack carefully opened both wine bottles and carried them both through to the living room. Sam then followed with the wine glasses and a glass of milk, Cassie's favourite drink.

"So what's the plan then?" Sam enquired.

"Well I thought we could hang here for an hour or so then maybe catch a movie."

"OK, but before that you'll have to move."

"What? Why?" Jack asked.

"Well that's my seat you're sitting on."

"Oh really. Well I'm sure we can both fit on it."

So Jack sat back on and opened his legs, Sam sat in-between them and leaned back. Jack folded his arms around Sam's waist and Sam laid her head to rest on Jack's shoulder.

"Mmm very cosy." Daniel sniggered.

"Yes it is actually." Said Jack loving every minute if Daniels embarrassment.

For the next hour or so they watched TV ate some food and drank the wine. During this time Sam had been falling in and out of sleep. She had been trying desperately to stay awake but...............

"Jack." Janet nodded to Sam.

Jack looked down to find Sam sleeping at last. Her head was resting on his chest, her arms around his waist and her legs curled round his. He slid his arms under Sam's legs and neck then stood up. Jack carried Sam into her bedroom and laid her down. She turned over and Jack started to leave.

"Thanks." Sam whispered.

It's ok your bed's probably comfier anyway."

"I don't mean for that."

"What do you mean then?" with a puzzled look on his face.

Sam sat up, leaning on the headboard of her bed. She let out a huge yawn. Jack began to move from the door and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"I mean about the other day. Thanks for bringing me back. I don't think I was quote ready to leave then."

Jack gave Sam a `your welcome' smile and squeezed her hand gently, she squeezed back and smiled warm and lovingly into his eyes.

"Hold that thought" Jack whispered as he ran into the living room.

"Sam's really tired you guys, could we take a rain check on the movie. I think she just wants to sleep."

"Yeah right!" Janet whispered to those in earshot. Daniel giggled and Teal'c raised on eyebrow as usual.

"I do not follow you Doctor Fraser."

"It's ok Teal'c it doesn't matter." Janet laughed.

As soon as everyone had left Jack walked into the bedroom casually. Trying not to look to enthusiastic.

"Hi." He whispered

But his words were meet with no answer. He walked slowly to Sam's side. She had fallen asleep. She looked so peaceful Jack didn't have the heart to wake her. So he cleaned up the living room and the kitchen. After all his hard work he decided he needed a rest so he crept into the bedroom and slowly lowered himself slowly onto the bed. He placed one arm on Sam's waist and his other hand was stroking her hair. That's just one thing Jack loved about Sam her hair. Jack slowly fell into a deep sleep with Sam cradled in his arms. He had never felt so `at home' before than he did with Sam in his arms.

Jack awoke the next morning to the sound of sizzling frying pans and the whistling of an antique kettle that Sam `just had to buy'. He could smell the sweet aroma of breakfast being made, so he got up out of bed and walked through to the kitchen. Here he found Sam over the stove, the dinning table set out and the kettle still whistling. Jack walked to the kettle and took it off the ring.

"What'd you think you're doing . I'm making breakfast. Go on go away. GO ON!" she let out a small giggle.

"OK if you insist I'll just go and sit down will I?"

"Good idea" Sam smiled.

So Jack went into the living room and did as he was told (for once!) and Sam finished making breakfast.

"Right it's ready."

Jack wasn't really looking forward to this taste bud experience as he knew Sam rarely cooked. She was always at the base, but he wasn't going to spoil it for her as this was their first home cooked meal together, as a couple. They both sat down sitting across from one another. Jack took his first bite. His expression changed from ` oh my god what I am I about to eat ` to `mmm this is really quite good'.

"Don't look so surprised I do know how to cook."

"Sorry. I just didn't expect be a `cooky' sort of woman more of a `take away' woman."

Jack gave a weak smile expecting to be shouted at for bringing how much she works into the conversation, but a laugh followed his words. He was confused.

"Well now you know I'm not a `take away' woman, I hope we'll be having a few home cooked dinners next."

Sam smiled as did Jack.

Just before Jack had taken his last mouthful the telephone rang. He jumped up to answer it but suddenly remembered this wasn't his house. He made a gesture as if to say ` it's your house you answer it'. So Sam got up and answered it.

"Hell"

"Yes General"

"You want me in now, sir , but what about......"

"OK General"

"Jack? Sir?"

"Alright sir bye"

"What was that all about Sam? Jack asked.

"The General wants us in right now!"

"Me as well but......"

"He said BOTH of us Jack." Sam said softly with a tinge of worry in her voice.

Jack noticed this and threw his arms round her, his hands resting on the small of her back.

"Not even Teal'c and his super strength could part me from you............ever ok ?"

"I hope so I don't think I could cope being without you again.

"Don't worry" he gave her a gentle kiss "there is no way......" another kiss "I'm ever leaving you......" another kiss "so please don't worrrr......."

Before Jack could even finish his sentence Sam's lips were on his and they were now involved in an extremely romantic kiss.

"I love you Jack O'Neill" Sam whispered.

"I love you too Samantha Carter" Jack whispered back.

After another kiss they left for the SGC.

They arrived at the elevator doors, they got in and the lift started to descend. They walked slowly to the General's office. Just before entering Sam grabbed hold of Jack's hand. He could feel her shaking.

"Look I'm not going back to the air force unless I'm allowed to be with you. OK. There's nothing the General or the President can say that will change my mind."

Sam smiled not one of her great smiles that would make even the coldest of hearts break but one to tell Jack silently that she loved him and everything would be ok. She hoped.

"I know you won't but I'm worried what the General wants us for.

They knocked on the General's door and heard the familiar voice from inside.

"Enter"

They opened the door and walked in to find the General sitting at his desk, his hands clasped in front of him, his face had a strange look on it. Like he was shocked about something but happy at the same time.

"Come in and sit down will you."

Sam and Jack practically crept in to the office and both lowered themselves into a chair as slowly and as quietly as possible.

"General what is it?" Jack asked worryingly.

"Well do you want the good or the bad news first?"

Sam and Jack looked at each other. Their faces full of fear.

"The bad." They both replied at the same time."

"Well the President feels that if he lets you two get together then every IC and 2IC that fall in love will demand the same rights."

"Well that's it then I'm staying retired. I told you I'm not leav......"

"Colonel Do you want to hear the good news or not?"

"Sorry sir, go on." Jack said sheepishly.

"I told the President of all the good work you do , you both do, and of all the good times and bad times you've all went through. He decided that we couldn't loose you or Major Carter, soooooo you better ell everyone to start calling you Colonel Carter.

"Whoa............what I'm getting promoted sir"

"Yes. The President feels you've given the SGC first place in your life for too long and it's time to put Jack there."

"Sir, I'm not just getting promoted to keep Jack here am I sir?"

"No! No Colonel Carter this promotion was just round the corner so the President just used his powers to push it along a bit that's all."

"General do we have your permission to see each other on base."

"Of course you do I would love to see you two get together at last."

At the General's last words both Colonel O'Neill and, now, Colonel Carter looked at each other with the biggest look of surprise the General had ever seen.

"What," he laughed "you think I didn't know you two were in love, I know I'm old but I'm not stupid. It was obvious you two were in love but you never admitted you true feelings for each other that must have been very difficult, and I respect that."

"Yes sir it was especially if one of us was dying in each others arms, but we kept our relationship professional, because we knew you would have to transfer one of us if it wasn't and we didn't want that."

"Oh sir........."

"Don't worry I didn't send your retirement papers away Colonel I knew you'd be back." Said the General with a smirk.

"Thanks sir.

Sam and Jack got up and walked out of the office and to the elevator. They knew each other too well. They both knew they didn't want to tell anyone right now they wanted to keep it a secret until their first mission when they came back.

Daniel and Teal'c were already in the briefing room when Sam entered.

"Hey Sam. How's Jack?"

"Ask him yourself Daniel!"

Just as Sam had finished her sentence, on cue Jack walked in."

"Whoa I thought you........."

"Look on Sam's uniform"

Both Daniel and Teal'c did as they were told and looked at Sam's uniform.

"Sam...............I mean Colonel Carter. You got promoted well done. But I still don't understand.

"Well if Sam and I are both the same rank then it's all right to see each other, and I couldn't leave Sam with you two could I.

Daniel was pretending to look upset at Jack's remarks but knew he was only kidding. After the briefing and when everyone was kitted up they all walked to the gate room together. Daniel and Teal'c were the first ones through then Sam and Jack but before they stepped through Jack grabbed hold if Sam's hand. They looked into each others eyes and before Sam knew it they were involved in a passion filled kiss. When they broke apart Sam gave Jack that beautiful, wonderful smile and he knew everything would be alright.

It was their first mission back,
Their first mission with Sam as a Colonel, And more importantly,
Their first mission as a couple.

Comments welcome but go easy on the criticism please thanks. Hope you all enjoy reading it and there's another on the way so watch this space.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Becca