Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

She Loves Me Too

by Becca
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
She Loves Me Too

She Loves Me Too

by Becca

Title: She Loves Me Too
Author: Becca
Email: beccacurrie@msn.com
Category: Action/Adventure, Romance
Season: any Season
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: G
Warnings: character death
Summary: After Jack looses Sam maybe forever he realises just how much he really loves her, but does she feel the same?
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

She Loves Me Too

Sam was last through the gate and arrived with a bump, which was unusual. She looked around to find lumps of rock and stone surrounding her at the gate entrance. She stopped for a minute and wondered why anyone would put rocks there. Sam didn't to wait long for her answer. All of a sudden 6 or 7 men jumped out from behind boulders and huge stone pillars. In front of her Sam could see the colonel Teal'c and Daniel being knocked out with what looked like staff weapons...........then Sam herself felt a sharp pain spread across the back of her head and neck......she could herself falling. Sam then blacked out.

Sam was suddenly awakened with a nudge from the boot of Colonel O'Neill.

"Hey Carter, CARTER!!"

"Sir" Sam said in a very husky and dry voice.

"Carter you all right?"

"Yeah I think so OUCH!"

Sam had just realised how much her head hurt but knew she had to concentrate but her head felt as if it were about to explode.

"You sure about that"

"Yeah!"

"Well can you go and check on Daniel then. He hasn't moved much since I woke."

Sam stood up very slowly almost like a frail and fragile old woman. She stumbles over to Daniel and gives him a gentle shake

"Daniel. Daniel can you hear me."

"Whoa what."

"Good. Daniel you have to get up."

"Where are Teal'c and Jack?"

"pist Daniel over here come on snap out of it. Teal'c can you break the chains."

"I believe so colonel O'Neill."

It takes Teal'c about 2 minutes to break free from the chains and less to get the colonel free. All four were now standing by the door listening for any sign of movement. Nothing.
They devise a plan to escape. Sam will shout on the guard and then distract him while Jack, Teal'c and Daniel stood behind the door waiting to ambush him. Sam, as usual put up a struggle at being chosen to distract the guard but O'Neill had told her;

"Well if one of us (pointing to the boys) bats our eyelids at him I don't think he'll take to kindly to it do u?"

Sam knew he was right but she hated to give in to him. He gave her a gentle smile and that was enough for Sam and the same goes for Jack. While protesting Sam put on that beautiful smile that melted Jack's heart. He was always mesmerised by Sam's smile it took his breath away every time he saw it. But not this time.

"Right Carter you ready?"

"Oh all right then." Sam said in an exasperated voice. "Oh guard are you there. Could you come here please?"

The guard appeared at the tiny window in the door. He took a quick look around. Sam could hear his keys turning in the lock and gave O'Neill a small sideways glance O'Neill did the same in acknowledgement. The door swung open and the guard entered the cell. As soon as he had done this O'Neill, Teal'c and Daniel pounced on him knocking him out with some rocks they had found in their cell.

"OK come on, let's move people I think this mission's over."

They reached outside where they were being held with no resistance but on the way to the gate Teal'c stopped and looked up.

"What is it Teal'c" asked Jack in a calm but worried voice.

"Gliders O'Neill, coming this way."

"OK, we defiantly have to move faster. Come on lets go. Carter, Daniel lets move it."

All four of them scurried up the rough path ducking in and out of bushes and trees. Until finally they reached the gate.

"Daniel get dialling!"

"Sir over there, in the bushes!"

From the bushes came a rustling noise as if someone was there but was deafened out by the whooshing of the gates activation.

"Daniel Teal'c Carter let's get the hell out of here."

Daniel was first through the gate followed by Teal'c. Sam was running to the top of the rubble when........ BANG!!
Sam came flying towards Jack with a look of sheer fright and pain on her face. He grabbed her and ran as fast as he could through the gate. As soon as he was through he lay Carter on the ramp and waited for Dr Fraser.

"Carter you ok?" he asks with baited breath for an answer.

"Sir ....my back.....I've been shot.

O'Neill turns Sam over slowly to find her jacket, shirt and t-shirt ripped to shreds and blood pouring from her back.

"Samantha Carter don't you even think of dieing on me now!" his words filled with pain and sorrow.

"Jack"

Colonel O'Neill was stopped talking. He had never heard Sam calling him that before.

"I think I should tell you before I go Jack......"

"You're not going anywhere Carter that's an order!" silent tears were now running down Jack's face.

"Just listen. Remember that zar'tak thing?"

What about it?"

"Well when I said we should keep things quiet. I didn't mean what I said I wanted everyone to know how I felt. It killed me inside not to tell you that." As Sam said these words tears began to fall from her now dulling blue eyes.

Sam's face was paler now and Dr Fraser was now running up the ramp to Carter.

"Colonel you'll have to move sir."

But Jack didn't move. He didn't want to hide his feelings either. So before he was going to leave Dr Fraser to do her work he leaned over to Sam's face and kissed her. The kiss was fuelled with such passion the colonel was shaking all over. As the Dr rushed Sam to the OR there was nothing to do but wait and pray for a miracle.

During the debriefing while everyone was silent Dr Fraser came bursting in the door eyes blotchy and red. Jack didn't need to hear her words. He got up and ran to the OR he was followed by Dr Fraser.

"Colonel there was nothing I could do. I'm sorry I know how you felt about her."

On the base the only people who knew that Sam and Jack had feelings for each other were Dr Fraser and Teal'c but by now he was sure Daniel knew too.

"Can I just be alone with her, please?" Jack asked fighting back tears.

As Dr Fraser left the room she seen something she never thought she would. Colonel O'Neill broke down and began to cry. Holding Sam's cold and lifeless hand he leaned over kissed her cheek and whispered in her ear;

"I love you Samantha Carter."

Just then Daniel came bursting in the room panting and out of breath he gasped;

"Jack, Jack!"

"What is it Daniel?" Jack asked through his tears.

"Jack SG-1 has just brought a sarcophagus from their mission!" he gasped.

At this Jack spun round and picked up Sam's lifeless body. He wrapped her in the sheet that was covering her. Jack carried her to the gate room, running and without stopping, like a trogon bull. As he got to the gate room he shouted;

"Open it, NOW!"

An airman responded and opened the sarcophagus. Jack placed Sam's body inside and closed the lid. Jack could feel something happening but he didn't know what. Then it stopped and the lid slowly crept open by itself. Jack was praying silently that inside he would find Sam alive and awake for he desperately wanted to kiss her now. He placed his hand on hers and squeezed. He paused while waiting for a response. Nothing.
He squeezed again.

"Come on Sam squeeze my hand please!"

He jumped as Sam squeezed back.

"She's alive, she's back."

Jack pulled Sam out or the sarcophagus making sure that the sheet was wrapped tightly around her perfect body. He looked deep into her now bright blue eyes and then shouted;

"General I'm retiring. There's no way on Gods green Earth I can live without her!"

"Colonel are you saying you're quitting the air force?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying, sir"

At this Sam tried to stand up by herself but falls back into Jack's arms.

"Jack you can't I love you too but this is your career!"

"I nearly lost you today, but ironically I didn't have you to loose. I'd rather have you then the air force. I could never live without you."

Sam's eyes filled with emotion. No-one had ever loved her enough to say same something like that to her, so she let Jack continue.

"General I'm sorry but I love Sam more than anything I don't won't loose her."

"Don't be so hasty maybe I can work something out with the President."

But Jack wasn't listening at this moment he was involved in a passionate kiss with Sam and nothing was going to split them apart right now. When Sam and Jack finally split, due to lack of oxygen, the general repeated his words.

"Jack, at least wait until I've spoken with the President."

"Sir if you want to try go ahead but right now I'm taking Sam, getting her dressed then putting her to bed."

Jack suddenly noticed the look of love and admiration on Sam's face and smiled at her hoping she would smile back. Oh how Jack loved Sam's smile her hair the way her perfume always smelled. Today Jack realised how much he loved Sam and was pleased to find, that love returned by Sam. Jack picked up Sam in his arms and out of the gate room he stopped to give her a gentle kiss, and then disappeared down the corridor.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Becca