Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

An Experimental Endeavor

by Beautifulcow
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
An Experimental Endeavor

An Experimental Endeavor

by beautifulcow

Title: An Experimental Endeavor
Author: beautifulcow
Email: jemstone34@yahoo.com
Category: Action/Adventure, Humor, POV, Romance, Thoughts
Episode related: 419 Prodigy
Season: Season 4
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Summary: Lieutenent Colonels Elliot, Hailey, Grogan, and Satterfield's first unaccompanied mission through the Stargate has some complications.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Looking through a US Air Force Academy portfolio, Major Carter strides purposefully through the bustling halls of the Stargate Command Center in Colorado Springs. Reaching General Hammond's office, the petite blonde raps three times on the sturdy oak door. "Hammond, sir?" "Come in, Carter." Samantha Carter slides into the lushly carpeted office of the general, brushes back a short lock of hair, and clears her throat. Hammond turns from the window and asks brusquely, "What is it now?" "Sir, as you know, for the past six weeks Lieutenant Colonels Hailey, Elliot, Satterfield, and Grogan have been training under me for possible future work here at the Command Center. These four were selected from the Academy specifically because of their knowledge of physical and astronomical sciences, as well as their leadership and teamwork abilities. At the beginning of this assignment, I was told to observe each of them, both in and out of training, and determine whether, in my opinion, they would be fit for careers with the Stargate." Hammond nods in concurrence. "And is there a problem, Major?" "Yes, actually there is. There's six more weeks until I have to submit my final evaluation of the team. But I don't know any more about them from training sessions than what I already knew from their Academy reports and evaluations. And from that, I believe that they can all handle something more than physics lessons and alien adaptation techniques. General, let me be perfectly honest. The lieutenants just aren't doing too well. They're just not being challenged. I think that they'd flourish with more challenging, less boring work, and I'd also be able to better gauge their potential." "And just what exactly are you suggesting as more challenging work for the trainees?" asks Hammond, leaning forward and gazing dauntingly at Sam. Her steely gray eyes stare back, equally resolute. "I'm suggesting a mission through the Stargate."

Two weeks later... Lieutenant Colonel James Elliot peeks into the dorm room, where Jennifer Hailey sits at her brimming desk reading a dense physics textbook. Her long blonde hair, usually pinned back in a severe bun, falls loosely to her shoulders. She frowns in concentration and a deep wrinkle creases her forehead as she anxiously compares notes from the physics textbook to an equation to calculate the rate of travel of extraterrestrial species through the Stargate that Major Carter's given her. "Anything I can help you with?" Startled, Jennifer lets out a shriek, knocking her textbook to the floor. She snaps up from her reading to see the Jim Elliot standing in the middle of her dormitory. "Lieutenant Colonel Elliot?" she sputters. Recovering, "Uh, sorry, Elliot. I was just, uh a little surprised to see you here. And uh, just curious, why are you in my bedroom at ten thirty at night anyway?"

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to beautifulcow