Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Danny Boy

by Atalya Shields
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Danny Boy Danny Boy by Atalya Shields

TITLE: Danny Boy
AUTHOR: Atalya Shields
EMAIL: Sailor_Nemesis@sailormoon.com
CATEGORY: S/J Romance.
SPOILERS: Not sure. Any with the Tollans, Nox and Tok'ra in.
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4.
RATING: PG-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: Character decrease in age?
SUMMARY: On a recent mission, Daniel is returned to the body of a five year old, and the discretion of a two year old.
STATUS: Completed
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors. We all know it doesn't belong to me.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: So it's another romance. Do I care?


"Danny. Get down from there!" I yell at Daniel as loud as I can, but I don't think that's going to make much of a difference. "Daniel Jackson. Get down from there this instant!"

I can hear Carter snorting besides me, and I'm sure that Teal'c is raising his eyebrow again. Fine. But I don't see them trying to help.

"Daniel, really." Carter walks forwards, and finally tries to help. "Listen to your father!" That just sends her off into a fit of giggles, and let's just say I am not too amused.

Danny just screams, and holds on tighter.

I guess I'd better explain what happened. We were on a routine mission to P4X-333, and we were struck by some kind of energy field. We were all OK. Daniel was kind of... changed. As soon as we returned through the Stargate, General Hammond ordered that destination out of bounds, and then Daniel was taken away. Daniel now posseses the body of a five year old, the personality of a five year old, all the memories of his life, and the discretion of a two year old. Let's just say that we've had to avoid a few top-secret pieces of information slipping out to the general public. Such as the existance of the stargate.

"Aw, for crying out loud." I stomp off, and let Carter and Teal'c deal with the mischevious thirty-turning-five year old in the tree.

I sigh, and wish there was something we could do, but Dr. Fraiser says that it is irreversible. We even went to the Tok'ra for help. They just shook their heads sadly, and said that it had happened to one of the Tok'ra, and that Daniel was lucky that he was not a host, he would have died. Next we tried the Tollans... They couldn't help either, and in desparation, they contacted Lya, of the Nox. She came, but... There was no cure that wouldn't kill Daniel, or erase his memories.

Why did it happen to Daniel? I mean he's always been there, my friend, my confidante, in all respects apart from the biological one, my brother.

General Hammond is upset too. We all are. But there's no way that Daniel can function as a member of SG-1 at that age, he's too vulnerable. Daniel understands, but right at the moment, with his no-discretion, I'm a kid, let's act like one attitude, he really is a pain in the neck. Just like most five year old kids.

All I can hear is squealing. I turn around, and Carter has got Daniel out of the tree, with Teal'c's help. Why did General Hammond release him to us? I think Doctor Fraiser could have been more suited to it. But I guess having Cassie and Daniel would be a bit of a handful.

Carter grins at me as Daniel sits on the chair. I sigh, and try talking to him.

"Hey, Danny Boy."

"Jack. This is so weird. I know everything that's happened, but I feel totally different."

"You look it too," I said, which rewarded me with a whack across the head by Carter.

"But why do you just keep on blurting out secrets like that?"

Daniel shrugged. It is extremely hilarious to watch a five-year old kid shrug philisophically. "Can't help it. Something to do with a kid's sense of trust. I just can't keep secrets like this."

"Like what secrets?" Carter grinned, and even Teal'c managed to look curious.

"Oh, this and that. Sam?"

"What?"

"Did you know Jack has a crush on you?" I feel my face redden as Daniel innocently says the one thing I dreaded him saying.

"What?" Carter flushes, and looks at me. I wince, and look away.

"Yup. It's true. But don't worry, Jack, she feels the same way too."

"What?!" Sam yells. Now it is my turn to be confused. Damn those aliens for doing this to Daniel. If only it'd been me... I look at Daniel, and then start to tickle him. Hard, fast, and in all the places I know he is ticklish. Soon young Daniel is laughing so hard that he can't stop, and soon... He's five. You know what five year old kids do when they get excited. Daniel made a face, and looked down on the ground, upset.

"You know, I've never wet my pants since I was um... Five years old," Daniel murmurs, looking as embarassed as I felt. To my surprise, Teal'c ushered Daniel in the direction of the house, so he could get changed and washed.

"Whew. He's a handful when he's young," I blurt out, trying to keep my brain busy.

"Jack..."

"It's really horrible to see him like that. Just imagine... He lost his wife, and now he's turned into a five-year old?"

"Jack?"

"He doesn't really seem to mind. I'll have a chat with him later today, see how he really feels about it."

"JACK!" Sam yells, and then flushes again. My mind did a double take. Since when had I thought of her as Sam?

"Uhhh..." I mumble, trying to avoid her gaze.

"Was it true, or was Daniel just mucking about?"

I jump, shocked, and lift my gaze to her beautiful, soul-deep, sapphire eyes. "Um, would you believe me if I said Daniel was mucking about?"

"No." Sam grinned. "And Danny said he'd never tell. He's in so much trouble."

"Maybe we should ground him," I say softly, now knowing she feels the same as me, and trying as hell to keep my hands off her. As usual, my best tries are not going to be good enough.

Her thoughts must have been running in the same direction, and she lifts her head and presses her lips onto mine, forcefully. I know I'm blushing, I just never thought this would happen.

I respond with an ardour of my own, opening my lips deeper, sighing in pleasure as her tongue darts between my teeth, as we slowly begin to explore the others mouths with our tongues. I can actually feel my knees buckle. Sam can feel this, and strokes one hand down my back, down beyond to my knees, and strokes them softly. That just makes my knees buckle harder.

Sam laughs as we disengage, her hands entangled in mine, as I stare into her crystal clear blue eyes. So what if it took a five-year old anthropologist to get us together? It was worth it.

Sam toys with my hair, and I bend down to kiss her neck. "I love you, Sam," I whisper, and her eyes widen slowly, then soften.

"I never knew you felt like this before... It's been four years of hell, not being able to tell you."

"Tell me what," I murmur, and kiss her neck, her shoulders, her cheek...

"I love you, Jack, I always have." Her voice is clear, and she stands there looking at me, the sunlight shining in her hair. "Well, what are you waiting for?"

"Nothing," I murmur, and bend down to kiss her again. She responds eagerly, and all my thoughts jumble madly, spinning into the distance. We were rudley stopped by a small cough, a little giggle, and a rather quiet 'hmmm' by Teal'c. I look up, pulling myself away quickly from Sam, and blush even redder than before. My jaw drops as I see who's standing there.

The five year old Daniel is standing there, laughing, and Teal'c is there next to him, but Daniel, I mean Daniel, the thirty year old Daniel is stood there with a huge grin on his face next to a very happy General Hammond. Seeing them there makes me blush all the more.

"What the hell is going on?" I demand. Daniel - the old Daniel - just laughs.

"This was all some incredible set up?" demands Sam from my side. My stomach lurches. From my side. She's mine now, just as much as I am hers.

Daniel nods, and grins. "Yep. Remember a week ago? SG-2 rescued some refugees from P4R-922?"

I nod in agreement, still confused. "And?"

"And little Danny here," Daniel ruffled the five year olds hair, "was very willing to help us."

"As were the Tollans, the Nox and the Tok'ra?"

General Hammond shuffled a bit. "It was partly Selmak's idea. He said he couldn't stand Jacob's eternal moaning that his Sam would never be happy unless she managed to tell the one person she loved her feelings. And I knew I wouldn't get my two best officers back fully unless you did either."

"Daniel," Sam growled behind me. "You almost gave us a heart attack. We thought you were going to stay forever as a little boy!"

Daniel blushed sheepishly, unable to hide his wide grin at the sight of his two friends squirming and flushing like mad. Suddenly my heart gave a lurch.

"Uh, what about the regs..." I whisper. Sam gives a start beside me.

"Oh my god...General Hammond? Why are you laughing?" General Hammond was indeed laughing.

He held up a large brown envelope, and smiled. "My wedding present to you two. A breach regulations certificate, for the two commanding officers of SG-1 to get married."

My stomach somersaults, and I swear I'm going to have a heart attack. Daniel is grinning madly, and to my surprise so is Teal'c. Little Danny is too, and he winks at me. I wink back, and General Hammond hands me the envelope. With shaking hands, I accept it, and turn to Sam.

"So... what do you think..." I breathlessly whisper. Sam grins.

"We wouldn't want to waste it, after all everybody's gone to a great deal of trouble."

"Ask her properly!" Comes a male voice from behind us. We whirl round to see Jacob Carter grinning. "That's my daughter, Colonel O'Neill. I'll permit you - only you, mind - to marry her, but only if you ask her properly!"

I flush, and Sam blushes also, and I bend down on one knee. I know I haven't got a ring, so Teal'c throws me a hula hoop.

"Thanks, Teal'c," I grin sheepishly, still shocked at what is going on. Sam looks down at me. Her heart is in her eyes.

"I love you, Jack. I always have, I always will," she says clearly, and I know it's true.

"I love you too, Sam. I'm no good at soppy speeches, but would you... I mean will you... would you consent to becoming my...uh... wife?"

I know I stuttered. So I'm nervous OK? This day has turned out to be the weirdest ever. Sam just grins, and instead of putting the hula-hoop on her finger eats it, then kneels down and kisses me.

"I'd love to." I grin wildly, and kiss her back. We are rudely disturbed by Daniel and Danny whooping and high fiving. General Hammond just smiles, but Jacob can't contain himself. We get up, and he hugs me so tight I can hardly breathe.

"Welcome to the family, son," he yells, and Sam grins beside me.

I guess I never thought this would never happen, but I'm eternal grateful to my friends for opening my eyes and giving me a sharp kick in the rear to get me going. And you know what? I don't at all regret it.


 


If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Atalya Shields