Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Incursion of the Mind: Part 2- Conundrum and Impossibilty

by Arriahne
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Incursion of the Mind: Part 2- Conundrum and Impossibilty Incursion of the Mind: Part 2- Conundrum and Impossibilty by Arriahne

Title: Incursion of the Mind: Part 2- Conundrum and Impossibilty
Author: Arriahne
Email: snailsg1@hotmail.com
Category: Action/Adventure, Challenge, Drama, Hurt/Comfort, Mystery, Series
Episode related: 117 Solitudes, 211 TokRa 1, 212 TokRa 2
Season: Season 2
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: minor language
Summary: The team has been split up and Jack and Sam find themselves in a difficult situation.
Sequel to: Incursion of the Mind:Part 1
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).


"Alright. That was weird."
"Sir! He's a hologram!"
"Really? I'd never guessed!"
"Sir, do you think Teal'c and Daniel are really dead?" "Well, I wouldn't take their word for it. Argh!" "Sir, are you okay?"
"Like I said before, it's a deep bleeding gash, does it look like I'm ok?" Jack tried to pick himself up off the floor, but the arrow head embedded in his upper arm would not let him push himself up. "Carter? A hand here please?"
"Oh, yes sir, sorry."
"Do you mind? I'm in a little pain here!" "You've had worse. Remember Antarctica? Or has the whole incident just slipped you're mind?" "Pain is never as intense in your memory as the pain you're experiencing at the time." "Pain is subjective to your state of mind." The voice echoed eerily around the bare clinical room. "For example, the madman may slice his wrist to rid himself of the evils he fears inside himself, but not notice the pain he is being subjected to. The whole art of procreation may involve pain, and in fact, if the same ripping and tearing of flesh that occurs during those moments were to happen at some other time, when not in that state of delirium, great pain can ensue." "Thanks for the sex ed. course, come out here so I can congratulate you on giving us your terrific insight into sado-masochistic intercourse!" "In other examples, the practices of ancient types of self-defense, often practised amongst your people, included some mind exercises that allowed for those using the techniques to feel no pain as the mind allowed for transference to another place." "Do you think it's some sort of recording that reacts to certain keywords?" "Carter! How the hell should I know? You're the technology person!" "I was just saying!"
Suddenly the door to the room slid open, and two robed figures came in. "Hello. Who are you?"
"You are the one called O'Neill are you not?" "Umm, yes. Who's asking?"
"And you are his partner, the one called Carter?" "What do you mean by partner, if you don't mind me asking?" "You are Samantha Carter?"
"Yes. Why do you want to know? Who are you? And where did you get the hologram technology?" "Whoa there Bessie. Slow down with the questioning. They don't appear to be too responsive." "You are partnered? Together? To fulfil requirements?" "Along with Daniel Jackson and Teal'c. We're part of the same team." "You share with others?" Their blank faces seeming to stare quizzically at Jack, though they had no features. "Share? Carter? I suppose you could say that. A lot of the time other teams need her help. We oblige. There's nothing wrong with it, and we always get her back." "You are not lifed?"
"Lifed?"
"Joined to one for eternity."
"You think that Carter and I are..."
"No. We are not partnered! We're team-mates. We work together. There is nothing between us!" "But you both have deep longing for each other. Both feel protective towards the other. Both share deep feelings and devotion. Why are you not then partnered?" "We shouldn't have to explain ourselves to you!" "But we do not understand. If love is shared between you why should you not fulfil that love and partner?" "Omigod! Carter that hurt!!"
The blood suddenly rushed from the arrow wound and down Jack's arm, onto Carter's clothes, and onto the floor. "Jack, I'm sorry! I just was listening to them and thinking of what to say..." "Medical supplies?"
One of the robed figures handed Carter a small box. "Place the box on the wound. The nanocites will do the rest." Carter did as she was bid, and the gash seemed to disappear. "There will be discomfort for a day, as the nanocites do their task. We shall get you clothes and new accomodations. You can stay here. If you cannot partner in your home, then you will here." "But we don't..."
It was too late. The door had closed behind them. "Sir, this doesn't feel right. Why do they want us here? Why do they want us to..." "Carter, it'll be fine. We'll come up with something. We'll find Daniel and Teal'c, and we'll go back to the SGC and everything will turn out ok. No-one will know about any of this." He said, running his fingers through her hair, putting it back into place and removing the twigs, his hand lightly caressing her cheek, leaving a lingering sensation on the skin. "Everything will be fine. I promise. I won't let anyone hurt you."


"Colonel O'Neill! Daniel Jackson! Samantha Carter!! Respond! This is Teal'c! Please respond." The radio crackled and hissed as Teal'c's voice came from the receiver still atached to Daniel's vest. "Teal'c? This is Daniel. Where are you?" "I am standing at the gate. Do not move I will come find you." "Ah, no, stay there. I'll come to you, I don't' want you to get lost, and I know what direction the gate's in." "I will hide in the shrubbery near to the gate. I will wait for you there." "Alright. Meet you there."

Daniel walked slowly, carefully, in the direction of the gate, careful to remain low and unseen. Thoughts running a mile a minute through his mind. "Well, I think Teal'c is ok, but where are Jack and Sam?"


If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Arriahne