Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

With Or Without

by Annika
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
With or Without

With or Without

by Annika

TITLE: With or Without
AUTHOR: Annika
EMAIL: annika_rj@yahoo.com
CATEGORY: Drama, Action/Adventure
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS:
SEASON / SEQUEL: future
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: character death - sorry
SUMMARY: The SG1 get's stuck on a Goa'uld mothership bound to blow up and Jack has to choose between Sam and Daniel.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: SJ Relationship Archive & Heliopolis; all others please just lemme know, k?
DISCLAIMER: All characters on Stargate SG-1 that appear in this story isowned soley and exclusively by MGM, Double Secret Productions and WorldGekko Corp. The author is in no way appropriating these characters formonetary gains, and any infringement on the rights of the aforementionedcompanies is wholly unintended. References to place names and plot linesthat appeared on Stargate SG-1 is likewise the property of the above companies.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I admit this is a weird one. So send feedback if ya feel like it. I would love to get some.

The ship was going to blow and Jack O'Neill knew it all too well. He looked at Daniel, his bloody leg oddly twisted underneath him then at Carter, laying next to the wall behind him, her entire right half blasted off by a staff weapon. He himself was wounded, but still on his feet.He limped to the DHD stepping over the dead bodies of the Jaffa he and his team had killed while trying to get to the Stargate.

... I have to get Sam ... I have to take her off this ship ...

He thought.

... Danny ... I have to bring Danny back ... too ...

He turned.

... there's no time.. only minutes ... only two minutes ...

He glanced at Daniel lying unconscious in a pool of blood.

... two minutes ... they have to suffice ... there's no time to get them both off ... not enough time ... have to get Sam somehow ...

He looked back at her undecided, her back propped to the wall, her head slightly bent, eyes widely open.

... I got to get Sam ... she's still alive ... I know she is ... Danny is the one who died ... there's all that blood on him ...

He turned toward the DHD startig to dial out.

... I have to check ... check them both ... to be sure ... to make sure ... I have to get Sam outta here now ... but I have to check first ...

He stepped over to Daniel, and checked his pulse. It was slow ... but he was alive.

... I can't leave Daniel ... Daniel is the one alive ... Sam died ... have to take Daniel ... but can't leave Sam here ... gotta go back ...

He was staring at her big eyes, empty blue and nothing else. She made him promise. Promise he will stay alive, and take Daniel back. Promise he will not come back after her.

... I can't Sam ... Sam ... SAM ... can't ... gotta go back ... take you outta there ... somehow ...

He stepped over Daniel and started to move toward her, trying to keep his balance.

... one minute and thirty seconds to go ... to go home Sam ... go fishin' ... ya gotta come fishin' with me ...

One more step, one more, just one more.

... Danny boy, space monkey ... geek ... I'm not gonna make it, aren't I ... ? No way ... gotta ... Danny ... gotta get Danny out ... he's still alive there ... comming to get ya Danny ...

He turned back slowly limping toward Daniel's body. The gate opened as the chervons encoded.

... a little over a minute ... a little more time ... I am sorry Sam ... so sorry ... Sam so sorry ... God how sorry ... oh crap ... terribly sorry ...

He packed Daniel by the arms and started dragging him toward the open gate.

... no stairs ... no stairs that's good ... you are one heavy space monkey Danny boy ... I gotta get Sam ...

He looked at the timer on his hand. One more minute and then ... nothing ... One more minute. He looked back at Sam, still not moving.

'Okay Danny ... Ya gotta listen to me ... You gotta wake up now ... '

He propped Daniel up the best he could, and pushed him through the Gate right after sending the code.

... gotta get Sam somehow ...

He tripped over the bodies to the wall where Sam was laying, then slumpped next to her.

... well I guess not after all ... forty five seconds to go ...

He took her hand into his.

'You know that old saying ... can't live with her ... '

The timer was counting down slowly, steadily.

' ... can't live without her. I'm a selfish son of a bitch, aren't I ... ? but hey ... it's all worth it, all for the best ... '

15 more seconds to live, to breath, to see ...

'Better dead than without ya kid. Selfish ... I know ... '

... her face, her wide open eyes ...

'Till death brings us together ... Sam'

THE END

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Annika