Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Lonely Thoughts

by Anna
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Lonely Thoughts

Lonely Thoughts

by Anna.

TITLE: Lonely Thoughts
AUTHOR: Anna.
EMAIL: stargategirl86@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Sam/Jack romance
SPOILERS: Show And Tell
SEASON / SEQUEL: Season 3
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: Male/Female Relationship, character death
SUMMARY: Sam sitting alone and thinking of Jack
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Stargate Productions, Showtime / Viacom, MGM / UA, Double Secret Productions and Gekko Productions. This story is for entertainment purposes only and no money exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations and story are the property of the author. This story may not be posted elsewhere without the consent of the author.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: At school, we had to write a story (80 - 100 words) and the theme was "When friendship ends". This is what I wrote, as a real Stargate freak... The ending was actually a bit different...This time greetings and thanks go to John who keeps sending me lots of nice feedback...

Samantha Carter was sitting all alone in her room in the base. It was dark, for the lights were off. But Sam didn't care. Her life was full of darkness, so why couldn't the room be dark as well. Sam's eyes were full of tears, and tears were running down her cheeks. Sam didn't try to stop crying. In fact, she didn't probably even know she was crying. She just didn't care. Her only thought was that Jack was gone. He was not her friend anymore. He had asked her to do something important, and she had failed. And it was all her fault. Sam damned herself and raised her hand to dry her tears. She had finally figured out that she was crying. Then she closed her eyes. Darkness was actually helping. Sam had known that for a long time. Everytime she had felt sad or near crying, she had went to some quiet room and switched the lights off. And it usually helped.

Sam hoped she could turn back time. Everything would work out, everything would be just as it used to be. They would never go to that stupid god damn planet, they wouldn't meet the tok'ra, Charlie wouldn't be there, Charlie wouldn't get shot.

But Sam could not turn the time back. She remembered what had happened earlier that day, and they were sad and painful memories.

SG-1 had gone to that planet to meet the tok'ra. Charlie was there too. Sam noticed how lucky Jack seemed to be as he saw Charlie. And now as Sam remembered it, her eyes filled with tears again. She tried to drive those sad memories back and started to think about what else happened there.

They all suddenly saw someone coming through the stargate. Lots and lots of goa'uld soldiers, leaded by an unknown system lord. Lots of shooting, lots of dead or dying bodies around, and then it was suddenly over. Jack asked if everyone was okay, and he already knew the answer. The tok'ras were gonna be okay thanks to their symbiots, and none of SG-1 were injured badly. Then Jack noticed someone on the ground. It was Charlie. Sam checked him and understood he was in critical condition. She had wasted her time telling Jack that they should take Charlie to the base and Janet could save his life there. Jack yelled at Sam that they had no time. Sam yelled back that Jack was the one who wanted to meet Charlie there. Then she went to take a look at Charlie again. She understood right away that he wasn't going to make it. Sam turned to tell Jack the news, but she decided not to as she saw how tired and hopeless he seemed. Daniel came to sit next to Sam. He understood what was going on.

Charlie died. Sam started to cry, and Daniel took his glasses off. Jack looked at them and then at Charlie and then back at Sam and Daniel again. Jack shook his head and walked slowly towards Charlie. Sam raised her head to face Jack. She saw his eyes full of tears, although he treid not to cry. Jack looked at Sam.

"All I asked you was to save him," he said. Sam stared at her hands.

"I'm sorry, sir," she whispered.

"You should have taken him to the base," Jack said.

"Sir, you're the one who told me not to !"

"Yeah, right," Jack grinned. Sam understood that Jack didn't want Charlie's death to be his fault.

Back in the base, Sam had asked Jack if he was okay.

"Never been better," Jack had answered his every word full of sarcasm. Then Jack and Daniel had left.

Now, sitting there in the dark, Sam thought if she had had any choice to sace Charlie's life. She guessed that she had not.

It felt so bad that Jack had walked away just like that. Sam guessed he didn't think about her feelings at all. He had gone, leaving her alone with her thoughts. God, she was depressed enough to kill herself, and he had just walked away.

Sam heard the door of her room opening. She dried her tears and raised her head slowly. She tried to guess who was the comer. Probably it was General Hammond, coming to tell Sam that it was late and she should go home and get some rest. Sam stood up to greet General. But the man who entered the room wasn't General Hammond.

Jack entered the room, looking so guilty and sad, that Sam was ready to forgive his departure. She stepped forwards.

"Sir," she said quietly to greet him. She didn't know if he was still angry and decided to be careful.

"Danny said I could find you in here," Jack said. Sam noticed he was drunk. She took another step towards him. She was suddenly feeling how much she wanted him.

"What else did Daniel say ?" Sam asked and came closer.

"That I should stay home this evening," Jack whispered into Sam's lips. She came to hold him, to make sure he was okay. Then she raised her head and kissed him. She knew it was the right thing to do.

"Sam, I'm..." Jack tried to say. It wasn't possible because of feeling of Sam's lips everywhere on his face.

"Sam, listen to me..." Jack tried once again. It wasn't that he didn't like Sam or didn't want her, no, he wanted her as much as she wanted him, but he had a very important thing to tell her. He knew that if he wouldn't say it at that moment, he would never get a second chance.

"Listen to me for god sake !" Jack shouted and pushed her away. She stood there infront of him staring at him with fear and surprise in her eyes.

"Sorry," Jack said quietly. Sam noted the same sadness in his eyes as she saw as he first came. "Listen Sam, I'm very sorry 'bout what I said earlier today."

Sam didn't answer.

"Sam, can you ever forgive me ?" he asked.

Sam loved that look in his eyes. She wanted to hold him close, to feel his body next to hers, but she wasn't going to hurry. First she wanted to hear what he had to say.

"Ever ?" Jack asked desperately. He was afraid that he was losing her. "Please ?"

Sam was still quiet. Jack came closer.

"Sam, I was so scared," he said. "I didn't want to lose another Charlie... I..." Jack didn't know what else to say. And he didn't have to. He saw from Sam's eyes that he was forgiven.

Jack came closer and closer to Sam, and as he had finally reached her, he put his arms around her and held her close and tight, never wanting to let her go.

The end.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Anna.