Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

I Just Called to Say I Love You

by Anna
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
I Just Called To Say I Love You

I Just Called To Say I Love You

by Anna.

TITLE: I Just Called To Say I Love You
AUTHOR: Anna.
EMAIL: stargategirl86@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: m/f
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL: Any
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: minor m/f
SUMMARY: Sam hears a song on the radio
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author. Not to be archived without permission of the author. 'I Just Called To Say I Love You' is sung by Stevie Wonder and once again I have to say that I own nothing except my crazy imagination.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Yeah, well, read the story and let me know what you think...

Sam switched the radio on. It was already late in the evening, but Sam didn't want to sleep yet.

"This song is dedicated to Suzy, with love from Lee," the woman on the radio said.

Sam sat down and started to listen. It was a nice song, Sam didn't know who sang it, but it felt good.

Sam was almost asleep as she heard the woman on the radio saying Sam's name. Sure it hadn't had to be the same Sam, but Sam started to listen more carefully.

"Someone who doesn't want to tell us his name wants us to play Stevie Wonder's 'I Just Called To Say I Love You' for Sam," the woman said. "So, here it is. Hope Sam will know who sent her this."

Sam turned the radio louder.

No New Year's Day to celebrate,

No chocolate-covered candy hearts to give away.

No first of spring, no song to sing,

In fact here's just another ordinary day.

No April day, no flowers bloom,

No wedding Saturday within the month of June.

Sam heard her phone ringing. It couldn't be..., right ? It just couldn't. It would be too beautiful. Sam went to answer the phone. It couldn't be Jack, could it ?

"Sam Carter," Sam said into the phone.

"Hi Sam, it's Janet. I just wanted to ask if you still remember about our girls' night out tomorrow."

"I remember," Sam said. What a fool she was. Hoping that the caller would be Jack, her Colonel and Commander, gosh.

"Well bye then," Janet said. "See ya tomorrow."

"Bye," Sam said and went back to the living room. The song was still playing.

No summers high, no warm July,

No harvest moon to light one tender August night.

No autumn breeze, no falling leaves,

Not even time for birds to fly to southern skies.

No Libra sun, no Halloween,

No giving thanks for all the Christmas joy you bring.

But what it is, though old so new,

To fill your heart like no three words could ever do.

Gosh, Sam hoped it to be Jack. Gosh, she hoped that this song was dedicated to her, not to anyone else. And not from anyone else.

I just called to say I love you,

I just called to say how much I care.

I just called to say I love you,

And I mean it from the bottom of my heart.

The phone began to ring again. Sam stood up, and once again she felt the same thing. She wanted Jack to be the caller. But probably it was just Janet, calling to make sure that Sam still remembered about something.

Sam answered the phone.

"Sam Carter," she said as usual.

"Sam ?" she heard a voice that she knew so well. Jack's voice.

"Hi, Colonel," Sam answered. She didn't know if she should call Jack 'Jack' or 'Colonel'. In fact she didn't know if he had sent those greetings, or if he was just calling her to tell her about some of their future missions.

"Sam, did you... did you get my greeting ?"

She decided to call him Jack.

"Yeah," she said. "Thanks."

"Liked the song ?"

"A lot."

"That's good."

"Yeah."

"Very good."

"Mhm."

Jack didn't answer.

"Jack ?" Sam finally asked. "Do you want to come over ?"

"Do you want me to ?" Jack asked back.

"Yeah."

"Then open the door."

"What ?"

"You heard me. Open the door."

"Why on earth ?"

"Just open it for cryin' out loud !"

"Alright, hang on a sec."

Sam went to open the door, wondering why would Jack want her to open the door while they were talking on the phone. If only...

Sam opened the door. Jack was standing there, smiling, with a cel phone in his hand.

"Hi," he said.

"Come on in," Sam smiled. Jack came in and closed the door.

"Want to..." Sam started a sentence. She had to say no more. The next moment she found herself in Jack's arms and right after that they were already in Sam's bedroom. Not wanting to waste any time, they undressed each other quickly.

"Damn I love you Sam," Jack whispered into her ear when they were already in the bed. "Damn I want you Sam."

Next morning Sam wake up really late. It was past midday, and Jack wasn't there with her. First she thought that all she had last night was just a dream. But then she saw her and Jack's clothes all around the room and decided that it wasn't a dream after all.

"Jack ?" she called for him.

"Be right there !" she heard a voice from the kitchen. Then she heard a crash and could smell something burning. "Dammit !... Okay be there in five mins !"

"Jack ? Is everything okay ?"

"Yep."

Jack entered Sam's bedroom after ten minutes. He was dressed only in a shirt and boxers.

"Have I told you how much I love you ?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, about like a thousand times," Jack grinned. "But I won't mind if you say it again."

"I love you," Sam smiled. "What were you doing in the kitchen anyway ? And what's that smell ?"

"Erm... I woke up early and decided to make some breakfast for us... And erm, I found no corn flakes or something like that in your kitchen so I decided to cook something myself... It didn't quite work..."

"I can understand that. I'm not a good cook myself, so why don't we order something ? Like pizza ?"

"Pizza's fine with me," Jack agreed. "A big one. You'll need lots of energy for what we'll do afterwards."

"Okay a big pizza," Sam smiled. Then she remembered something. "Oh my god, Jack... I was supposed to have a girls' night out with Janet tonight... She'll never forgive me if I don't go there..." She heard her phone ringing. "Could you pick it up ?"

"Me ? Wouldn't it be kinda weird if your Commander picks up your phone ?"

"Just go."

"Whatever."

After a moment Jack came back.

"Janet won't be waiting for you," he said.

"What ?"

"Daniel called. He and Janet... uh, kinda... Well you know."

"So we have all day."

"And all night."

"So... wanna join me here ?" Sam asked.

"The pizza guy will arrive in less than an hour," Jack said.

"And... ?"

"And I think that an hour is even more than enough for us."

The end.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Anna.