Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Joke

by Anna
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Joke

Joke

by Anna.

TITLE: Joke
AUTHOR: Anna.
EMAIL: stargategirl86@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Sam/Jack, POV, Challenge (801 by Sarge)
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL: season 3
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: male/female relationship, a bit of swearing, nothing serious
SUMMARY: Sam has Cleithrophobia, so she freaks out when Jack locks her into a closet
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Stargate Productions, Showtime / Viacom, MGM / UA, Double Secret Productions and Gekko Productions. This story is for entertainment purposes only and no money exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations and story are the property of the author. This story may not be posted elsewhere without the consent of the author.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I'd love feedback... Hi and hugs to my friends Jenni and Sanna.

Jack.

I saw Carter walking down one of the corridors in the base. She hadn't noticed me yet, and I got a crazy idea as I saw her walking towards a closet. I went quietly behind her and as she entered the closet, I locked the door. I thought it was a brilliant joke then. But I changed my mind pretty soon. First I heard her trying to open the door. It was locked. I didn't do anything. Then she pushed the door with the strenght I would never believe she had. Then it became quiet. I thought she had found something interesting and sat down there reading.

Daniel walked towards me. Sam tried to open the door again. Daniel heard the noise and looked at me.

"What's in there ?" he asked and seemed worried.

"Sam," I grinned.

"No really ?" Daniel was shocked.

"Yes really," I said starting to get worried too.

"No really," Daniel repeated.

"Yes really god dammit !" I shouted. "What ? Joke's a bad thing ?"

"Joke ?" Daniel asked slowly.

"Yes, Daniel, maybe it's weird to you but people joke sometimes."

"Joke," Daniel mumbled. "Mighty Caesar's ass, that's how you joke ???" he shouted. "She has a cleithrophobia, you asshole !"

Daniel, please, talk in language a normal person can understand.

"A what ?" I asked.

"Cleithrophobia," Daniel repeated. "She's scared of being locked in an enclosed space."

Dammit. Why no-one told me. Dammit.

"Oops," I said and opened the door. "Sam I'm really sorry..." I didn't have to go on. I saw that she wouldn't listen anyway. She ran out of the closet screaming and shouting. I couldn't understand the words she was saying. Oh what a miracle... Perhaps it was one of the language she and Daniel both can speak. I didn't dare to ask.

Suddenly Sam wasn't shouting anymore. She sat down in the corner and began to cry. Damn, my heart was breaking to see her like that. She had always been the brave, smart, always-knowing-the-way-out Carter. I wasn't ready to see her helplessly crying like that.

"Sam," I said and went closer. "Listen, I'm really sorry..."

"Jack she can't hear you," Daniel said angrily.

"Like you know that," I answered as angrily as he did.

"Yes I know," Daniel said. "Let's call dr. Fraiser."

Doc came and took Sam away. Daniel followed them, so did I.

After a half an hour sitting infront of the infirmary we finally saw Doc coming out.

"She'll probably be fine," Fraiser said.

Probably ? What the hell.

"Probably, Doc ?" I asked.

"Well, she's in shock. It's bad. Very bad."

"Can we help ?" Daniel asked.

"We can always try," Doc said. "Let's call mr. Teal'c. You talk to her. Perhaps she'll be back if she hears the voices of her friends."

We tried. We talked to her, alltogether, but nothing happened. Perhaps if they'd let me talk to her in private... But they didn't.

"We need someone she knows very well," Fraiser said. "Someone she loves, and someone who loves her."

Hu huu, guys, I'm here !!! I knew I could make her wake up if I could talk to her alone.

"Perhaps we should call Jacob," Daniel suggested.

Gosh Danny, couldn't you look any further ? I'm here, sitting next to you, and when you need someone who loves Sam, you suggest a guy from other planet. Geek.

"That's a good idea," Fraiser agreed.

What's wrong with you guys ?, I thought.

"Teal'c, could you get Jacob here ?" Daniel asked.

"I will," Teal'c said and left.

After an hour Jacob was there. He talked to Sam in private for twenty minutes, but it didn't help at all.

"What now ?" Daniel asked desperately. None of us wanted to lose Sam. Especially I.

"Is there anyone else we could call over ?" Jacob asked.

Yeah. Sure. Marty, Narim, all those nice guys who adore Sam.

"I could talk to her," I said. Everyone began to stare at me. C'mon guys, it's not that weird.

"You ?" Jacob asked.

"You ?" Daniel asked.

"You ?" Teal'c asked.

"You ?" Fraiser asked, but then she thought about my suggestion and said. "Yes, you can go. We have to try everything."

I enetered the room where Sam was. She was sitting on a chair. I came closer and took a seat on a chair next to her.

"Hi," I said. No reaction. "I.. erm..." I suddenly didn't know what to say. "Sam, I'm really... really really an asshole," well here it comes. I'm just going to put her into a deeper shock. Good work buddy. "Sam, I'm sorry. I didn't know you had that... whatever its name was... I... Sam, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I took her hand. It was so cold. I tried to warm it up. "Sam listen to me. You have to wake up. Please. We need you. I need you." I held her hand and squeezed it in mine. "C'mon Major," I said. "Sam... you can't just leave us because of my joke..." I grinned. "Sam... I need you so much. I can't imagine my life without you. You've been a part of it since the moment you came in and said 'she is from Pentagon'. I've adored you since then. Adored how smart you are, how brave, how you never give up, adored everything about you. Actually I have no idea why am I telling you this." I really didn't. I loved that woman, and I wanted to tell her that. But after Sara, it had been so hard to talk about my feelings. Why couldn't she just wake up and make it easier to me ? "Sam, I... I love you." finally. I've said it. "Love ya more than anything in the world... dammit, more than anything in this whole god damn universe, Sam, I love you so much." I kissed her hand. It was already warm, and it gave me hope. "I love you Sam," I whispered.

It seemed to work. Sam turned her head slowly to face me. I saw surprise in her eyes.

"You... love... me ?" she asked so quietly that I could badly hear her.

"I love you," I said. I didn't think about that she was finally awake. All I thought about was that she was there with me, and she knew I love her.

"I... I love you too, Jack," she whispered weakly.

Yee haa !!! But I didn't want to get too much hope.

"Sam, you're not really yourself now," I said.

"Sure I am," she said.

"No Sam, after the shock and stuff..."

"Sir, of what I know about medicine, human's brain returns to the normal position about..." she started to say.

"Okay, you're you," I grinned.

"Yeah, I'm me," she gave me a smile. "And I love you." I looked in her eyes and knew she was not lying.

Sam.

I walked down a corridor. I entered a closet for I was trying to find a battery to my watch. I knew it was going to be somewhere in there. Then suddenly someone closed the door. I knew I was going to get into a panic if the door was locked, so I told myself everything was fine and went to check the door. It was locked. Dammit. I felt every fear I had inside coming out. I tried to open the door, but I could not. I went to sit down, shaking. When someone finally opened the door, I was in panic. I ran out of the room, shouting. I was so scared. I didn't know what was going on. After a couple of minutes shouting I went to sit down. I was sitting there in the corner, crying, until Janet came to take me away. She checked me and was nice to me, and gave me some pills and said everything was going to be fine. I can't remember everything that happened that day. My dad was there, he talked to me, but I couldn't hear his words. Then he left. Then Jack came. I was so cold as he entered the room. But he took my hand, trying to warm me up. He was giving me strenght.

"Hi," he whispered. I knew he was nervous."I.. erm... Sam, I'm really... really really an asshole," I think what he meant to say was that he was sorry. But just the fact that he was there helped me. "Sam, I'm sorry. I didn't know you had that... whatever its name was..." Cleithrophobia, I tried to say, but I couldn't. Voice didn't manage to come out. "I... Sam, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. Sam listen to me." Sure I listened. "You have to wake up. Please. We need you. I need you. C'mon Major...Sam... you can't just leave us because of my joke..." A nice joke. "Sam... I need you so much. I can't imagine my life without you." Neither can I. "You've been a part of it since the moment you came in and said 'she is from Pentagon'. I've adored you since then. Adored how smart you are, how brave, how you never give up, adored everything about you. Actually I have no idea why am I telling you this." I'm glad he told me those things. It made me understand him better. "Sam, I... I love you." Oh my god. "Love ya more than anything in the world... dammit, more than anything in this whole god damn universe, Sam, I love you so much." He kissed my hand. "I love you Sam," he whispered.

I looked at him and so love in his eyes. So much love, and it was all for me.

"You... love... me ?" I asked quietly frightened to break that dream.

"I love you," he said.

"I... I love you too, Jack," I whispered.

"Sam, you're not really yourself now," he said. Sure I am.

"Sure I am," I said.

"No Sam, after the shock and stuff..."

"Sir, of what I know about medicine, human's brain returns to the normal position about..." I said.

"Okay, you're you," he grinned. I knew that was gonna work.

"Yeah, I'm me," I smiled. "And I love you."

I looked in his eyes and knew that I need nothing else if I can have him.

Epilogue.

Daniel and Teal'c were standing behind the door to the room where Sam and Jack were.

"Look at them," Teal'c said proudly.

"I am looking," Daniel said. "But the thing they do... isn't it against the regs ?" Daniel asked.

Teal'c looked at him for some time.

"Screw the regs, Daniel Jackson," he finally said.

The end.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Anna.