Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

To Keep a Secret

by Amy
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
To keep a secret

To keep a secret

by Amy

TITLE: To keep a secret
AUTHOR: Amy
EMAIL: amycogan@talk21.com
CATEGORY: Romance, Action/Adventure
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: NONE
SEASON / SEQUEL: any
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: male/female relationship
SUMMARY: SAM NEEDS JACK TO KEEP A SECRET
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: I RECIEVE NO MONEY ETC ETC. UNFORTUNETLY I DO NOT OWN STARGATE. BUT LIKE THE REST OF YOU I WISH I DID AS I DO HAVE SOME IDEAS FOR DR JACKSON. WELL I CAN DREAM!
AUTHOR'S NOTES: PLEASE GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACK. THANX

"Welcome back sg-1. Debrief at 2100"

The stargate disengaged as sg-1 headed out of the gate room.

"Uh, sir" Sam asked as she caught up with her CO "Could I have a word please?"

"Sure Carter what's on your mind?"

"Uh, well." She looked over her shoulder towards Daniel and Teal'c who were pretending not to be listening. Jack followed her gaze.

"Um, guys we'll catch you up."

"Sure." They remained silent as they, reluctantly, walked on.

"What is it Carter?" concern tinged his voice.

"Well, I was wondering how much detail you were planning to include in your mission report?"

"Do you mean am I going to include the sweet names and attachment Romous, head of the village, bestowed on you?"

"Yes sir. I mean I wouldn't like you to lie but I ...?"

"You gonna make it worth my while?" a grin touched his lips.

"Sir?" Sam started to turn red. "How do you mean?"

"You know what I mean." His grin widened at her obvious discomfort. "Buy me dinner and a drink sometime."

"Yeah right" her relief reflected in her voice. "Just say the date and I'll be there."

"It's a date Carter. Now, I must get going I have a mission report to write" he tried not to laugh as he walked of.

Sam let out a sigh as soon as he was out of hearing. She didn't want everyone to start teasing her and calling her names such as little bird. She'd had enough of that from Romous and trying to convince Jack that it was in his best interests to stop copying him was hard enough. She didn't want the whole base at it.

"I can't believe." She murmured to herself "that I thought he wanted me to ..." She stopped herself from finishing the sentence.

"That' s just wishful thinking" she thought to herself as she headed to the locker room.

"Now if that is all people SG-1 is on down time for three days. You have all been working extremely hard and everyone will take this break off base." General Hammond instructed as he brought the debriefing to a close. "And I meaneveryone, Major Carter!"

"Dismissed" he added before she could argue. He knew she would want to stay and work on some project if she could. As she stood to leave Jack called her back.

"Major, could I have a word please."

"Yes sir"

He ensured everybody had left and the two eavesdroppers weren't around before he started.

"About our deal concerning my mission report. I have decided to amend it slightly."

"Amend it how?" Sam asked a little uncertainly, hr mind wondering to the thoughts he had had during their earlier conversation.

"Instead of taking me out you can cook for me" a smile brightened his face. "At your place"

"I am a lousy cook sir"

"So. It will give you a chance to practice."

"Ok." She agreed somewhat reluctantly. "When?"

"Tomorrow evening, say about 19.00"

"Sure. Shall I give you the address sir?"

"No, that's ok. I know where it is. "

"You do?" Now it was his turn to be uncomfortable.

"I had to come round once ..." he tailed off "Never mind. See you tomorrow Carter"

She smiled to herself as she watched him hurry off.

At 19.00 exactly Jack was outside Carter's door. He could hear her shouting obscenities at something. For a moment he felt guilty. He knew Sam hated cooking. The guilt lasted only a moment longer as he knocked on the door. After a couple more unladylike phrases a flustered Carter answered.

"Sir come in" she closed the door behind her. "Make yourself at home"

He smiled and followed her into the kitchen. He stopped at the sight of the mess.

"Tidy cook aren't we little bird" he asked adopting the nickname Romous had given her on their last mission. He ducked just in time as a pair of oven gloves was thrown at his head.

"Colonel if you" Jack interrupted her.

"Jack please."

"OK Jack" she put heavy emphasis on his name " if you call me little bird once more this awful dinner will end up somewhere unpleasant"

"Do you mean on my plate?" he asked innocently with a hastily added "Sorry" as she reached for something else to throw in the general direction of his head.

"This was your idea remember. I did warn you!"

"Ok. I'm sorry Sam your right"

"Anyway it's ready, though I'm not sure it's edible"

"As if that matters," he muttered

"Sorry Jack" again she emphasised his name. "Did you say something?" She grinned at his obvious discomfort.

"Yes. I said as if that matters." Now she felt uncomfortable.

"But you came for dinner? Didn't you?" She hoped her voice didn't give away her true wish that he hadn't come just for dinner.

"Is that the only reason you agreed? So you could poison me with your cooking?" Her blush deepened.

"Would you believe me if I said yes?"

"I don't think I would." He moved forward so he was directly in front of her and cupped her face in his hands. As he tilted her face upward he looked into your eyes.

"Your eyes have always enchanted me Sam." Before she could answer his lips found hers. At first she tried to draw back but she gave in. The passionate kissed fuelled by the knowledge that it was forbidden. Eventually, reluctantly, they pulled apart.

"Um, Sir" she started somewhat breathlessly.

"Don't call me sir, Sam"

"Sorry. But how are you going to cover this little incident up?"

He stepped back puzzled.

"What do you mean? If you say anything you will implicate yourself and we'll both be up for court-martial."

"Well, I could say you came round and forced entry and..." a devious smile touched her lips

"But you kissed me back."

"Your word against mine. Unless you make it worth my while"

"How can I do that" Jack started to relax.

"Well if you follow me I'll demonstrate"

"How can I decline? You have me trapped in a corner" he followed her into the bedroom and closed the door behind him.

"Dr Jackson, have you heard from either Colonel O'Neill or Major Carter? They haven't signed in this morning and I can't raise either of them on the phone."

"No I haven' t sir. Do you want me to go round and get them? "

"If you would Dr. SG-1 is due to leave for their mission to P4X-557 in two hours."

Sam was roused by pounding on the door. She looked over to Jack who was still sleeping beside her. She gently untangled herself from his embrace and padded towards the door.

"Coming" she called as the pounding continued. Didn't they realise that she'd only been asleep for five minutes although she had been in bed for a lot longer. She smiled at the memories as she opened the door.

"Daniel!" Another red tinge appearing. "What are you doing here?"

"Please don't intend to stay," she prayed silently.

"General Hammond asked me to call round"

"Why?" the embarrassment started to be replaced with panic. He couldn't know could he?

"You never showed up for work this morning."

"Holy Hannah, what time is it?" she asked, her embarrassment being replaced with alarm.

"11.00 so if you could wake Jack and get in within the next hour and a half, which is when SG-1 are due to leave, General Hammond might not ask any awkward questions!"

"Sure I'll wake him now" the blush reappeared as she realised how she had implicated them. Daniel just grinned, "Daniel, I'll do anything!"

"Well if you make it worth my while"

"As long as I don't have to cook"

"Deal. I don't have the same agenda as Jack"

"Which would be?"

"To get you into... Jack! Nice to see you"

"Hello Daniel" he slung a protective arm around Sam's waist.

"Let's wipe that grin off his face," he whispered in her ear as he tipped her back and kissed her vehemently.

"Um, General Hammond's waiting and I'll wait in the car," said a flustered Daniel as he backed down the drive.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Amy