Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Doodling for Beginners (the Revised version)

by Ameridian
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Doodling for Beginners (the Revised version)

Doodling for Beginners (the Revised version)

by Ameridian

Summary: Should she or Shouldn't she? (sorry guys hope i have the formatting right now - if not i do apologise!!)
Category: Humor, Thoughts
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: language
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 10/24/03

Authors Notes:- Okay this was a random thought which occurred to me whilst recustomising my beautiful varnished table top. One of those drabbles which could turn into something and then might not. Feedback please!!! ('' - indicates her thoughts, italics - indicates her consciences' thoughts!!)

Rule 1. - Never let a doodle make life changing decisions for you!!

Doodling, one of the best and worst pastimes known to mankind. It can fill up an allotted time space whilst sitting through one of Daniel's droning discussions on the Ancient Mythology of blah blah blah. Or it can free up that niggle at the back of your mind which can plague you forever more 'til bursting point. At this point, it was the latter which was affecting Major Samantha Carter, on what started out to be a mighty fine day. And the subject of today's niggling session was, the worry of all humans, should she or shouldn't she?

'Dammit, why the hell did he have to ask her...dammit dammit dammit'.

*For heaven's sake woman, you have an ample amount of downtime, with nout to do, your CO (gorgeous, wonderful handsome...) has asked you to go to the beach with SG1, Janet, Cassie and himself of course (loads of positives there - CO's tan, CO's body, CO in shorts...need I go on?) and you still can't make up your mind??*

'Well not exactly, I have sorta made up my mind...kinda'.

And...

'Well...I dunno...oh its so confusing. On the one hand, yes, I'd jump at the chance, whoa yeah a holiday with the colonel!! But on the other hand there are regulations to consider, protocol...'

Screw protocol, you know you want to!!

By now her scribbling had become more elaborate doodles taking what looked to be the form of a half bird, half donkey, in an attempt at a dog.

'You don't know how much I would like to, as you so nicely put it, "Screw protocol" but I have his reputation as well as mine to think of. I can't just jump into bed with any Major, Colonel or General I fancy'

*But woman you know this ain't just any run of the mill Colonel...this is Jack O'Neill*.

'I know, I KNOW alrighty!!'

Her conscience was now beginning to annoy her considerably; how could one simple question cause so much havoc?? Hmmppphhhh

"So what will it be then?" came an inquisitive yet booming voice.

'Her birdonkey was talking to her!!'

"Crunch time". She stared blankly at it...it definitely moved.

"Carter?". It had a voice she just couldn't put a name to.

"Hey you alright?". So soft, gentle calm...

"You look very pale, perhaps I should go fetch Doc...". So soothing, sexy...SHIT!!

Her head shot up so fast, her chair swung right back, elegantly catapulting her against the wall behind, leaving a tasty bump as its prize. 'OUCH!!'

"Hey look I know I'm old and wrinkly but I don't resemble your dad that much do I?"

"Ummm no Sir...sorry...hello....you caught me off guard...you were saying?"

She picked herself up off the floor, trying desperately to make her hair comply with at least normal standards.

"I said it's make your mind up time, YES or NO?"

"To what?" Another blank expression appeared on her face...'what the hell'.

"THE BEACH CARTER - Y.E.S. or N.O.?", he groaned exasperated.

"Oh". Shit. "well ummm..." Oh dear, oh dear, holy mammoth.

"Come on Carter...sand, sea, surf..."

"YES"

"Sun, seaweed...yes??"

"YES"

"Whoo Hoo...Come along little camper we have packing to do."

'Oh dear Samantha what have you done??'

Finally the woman sees sense!!

The End...maybe??

Sequel or Not....u decide!!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Ameridian