Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Canyon Edge

by Ameridian
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Canyon Edge

Canyon Edge

by Ameridian

Summary: Just something I thought of.
Category: Drabble, Hurt/Comfort, POV, Thoughts
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: adult themes, language, violence
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 01/05/04

Author's Notes:- I don't know where this came from, but it just popped into my head and so needed to put it down in words. I leave it up to the reader's imagination expand the story. I warn you now, if you are hurt by reading disturbing scenes, such as suicide, I suggest you do not read this. (Song lyrics by Elton John)

I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind that I put down in words, how wonderful life is when you're in the world.

Funny to think that it had fitted her life so perfectly before. Every single word echoed a deep emotion, something so deep that only in her current alcohol intoxicated state could she allow herself to comprehend. The Past. What Had Happened. She had thought he was the one, the one who made her laugh, made her happy, the one, who even on the worst days, could make everything better. The one she loved.

She studied the empty bottle of whisky on the ground beside her, and then the full one, which sat next to it. He had left her, discarded like a piece of rubbish. She thought she had meant something to him, anything. How wrong she had been. She hastily unscrewed the cap from the bottle, proceeding to down a vast quantity in one gulp. He was shit, her present condition was shit, her life was one fucking huge pile of shit from start to finish.

As she reached for the whisky again, her brain starting to power down, she spotted the blurred outline of a tiny bottle perched beside it. She had failed, her whole life she had tried to stop it, but she had failed. A failure. Clutching a handful of the little white pills in her fist, she gazed upwards, her intense stare piercing the velvet black sky. As her hand arrived at her mouth, something made her pause. The sky was no longer sooty black but rich chocolate brown filled with desolation, misery and most of all overwhelming regret. A solitary tear tumbled down her cheek, as he lifted her into his embrace. She lay there, his strong but gentle hands cradling her emaciated body. The only sound to be heard was a low, husky whisper from a man's voice...

I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind that I put down in words, how wonderful life is when you're in this world.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Ameridian