Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Strange New Love

by Alexa Cale
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Strange New Love

by Alexa Cale

TITLE: Strange New Love
Author: Alexa Cale
E-mail: eyes_only69@hotmail.com
Status: Completed
Category: Action/Romance
Pairings: Daniel/Other
Spoilers: Slight for Forever in a Day
Season: 3 or 4
Sequel: none
Rating: PG-13 (for some violence and death)
Content Warning: Vampire related death and other Stargate-y things
Summary: SG-1 goes to a planet ruled by Vampires and Daniel finds that he can love again. This is a response to Challenge #27
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and all related ideas and characters don't belong to me; Akasha and Enkil belong to Anne Rice and her Vampire Chronicles. The only people I own are Da'Len and Ro'Non, if you like them and want to use them please ask me first.

Challenge #27

The Challenge...
1) A heart wrenching moment between Jack and Daniel.
2) A vampire (use it anyway possible).
3) One member getting infested by a vampire spirit.
4) Jack being scared of Daniel, even for a second.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Daniel Jackson sat at the briefing table and looked at General Hammond, who seemed a bit more agitated than usual. /There must be a good reason; the Gen never gets his undies in a bunch if there isn't one/ he thought.

"Dr. Jackson, are you paying attention?" Gen. Hammond asked.

"Sorry sir." He said and decided to pay attention.

"As I was saying, this new world is very dangerous. There are many documented cases of possession by spirits that seem to be vampiric in nature and also of vampires themselves. You must all be very careful and make sure that your necks are always covered, especially after dark." He said.

"Yes Sir!" the whole SG-1 team said.

"Dismissed."

Daniel stayed seated after Teal'c, Sam and Jack had all left.

"You can't be serious about vampires Sir, they're myths." The doctor in him questioned.

"I know that you're a scientist Dr. Jackson and that what you're going to see over the next few days will be a little hard to accept, but we've got documented scientific proof that this is not false. We need to move on this ."

"Okay Sir, I'll try to be as open-minded as possible."

With that said and being slightly reassured by the General's words Daniel headed to the barracks to pack. He had no idea what they would encounter on the world that had been named VMP-001; and according to research, it was rightly named.





***

Three hours later, packed and as ready to go, as they ever would be, the SG-1 team stepped into the gate and instantly were on a planet that while looking quite similar to Earth definitely had its differences. Daniel was quite shocked at how warm it was, he had always heard that vampires liked the damp and cool, but this planet seemed hot and dry, the exact opposite.

"We should probably head for the nearest town. It seems to be that way." Sam suggested pointing east.

"Good idea Sam." Jack said and the team headed out.

After what seemed to be a three-hour walk the team finally got to a town...and Daniel was exhausted and hot. He desperately wanted to take some of the bulky clothes and equipment he was wearing off. They walked into the town and found it nearly deserted, which if it was a town infested by Vampires, made sense.

"Identify yourselves!" a distinctly female voice came from seemingly nowhere.

"My name is Colonel Jack O'Neill, we came through the gate about a mile from here. We are peaceful explores and wish to talk to the head of you town." Jack shouted back.

A door opened on a building a few yards up and a beautiful young woman walked out. She was about 5'6 with dirty blonde hair, which seemed to be pulled back somehow. She walked towards the group and Daniel couldn't take his eyes off her.

"I am Da'Len. Welcome. Akasha and Enkil do not come out until after the suns have set, but if you follow me, I will find you a place to get washed up and rest before then." She said, in a voice that sounded more like she was singing.

"Thank you." Jack said, "I should introduce the rest of my team. This is Major Samantha Carter, Teal'c and Dr. Daniel Jackson."

"As I said before, welcome. We enjoy having travellers, especially ones gifted enough to know how to use the gate." She said, and then her eyes, which were a honey colour, turned cold. "Unless their eyes glow, we do not like them. They take our people away."

"The Goa'uld." Sam muttered under her breath.

SG-1 followed Da'Len to what seemed to be a hotel or something of that sort and cautiously entered after her. The room looked like that of a saloon from the Westerns Danny had watched. She led them to a back stair way and up to hall. There were rooms on both sides and she opened the door to one.

"As you can see, there are two beds in each room. I'll give you three rooms; one for the lady, and two for the gentlemen. You can decide amongst yourselves which gentleman will have the room to himself. If you will follow me Major, I'll show you to the ladies' rooms." She said and walked off leaving the doors to two rooms across the hall from each other open.

Sam followed Da'Len and decided to try and get some information out of her.

"You said your leaders don't come out until after the sun has set, do you know why?"

"No. They do not tell us and we, as faithful servants, do not ask. That is an act of treason and anyone who asks, is punished at the annual feast."

"When is that?"

"The New Year, right after the harvest." She said, "It is coming up in a few days, you should come, if you are still around. It has been far too long since we had outsiders at one of our feasts."

"If we are still here, I'm sure my team mates would like to join you and even if they do not, I will." Sam said.

***

Da'Len walked up to the rooms she had given the Teal'c, Daniel and Jack and knocked on the one door. She waited patiently as she heard the footsteps come to the door. Daniel opened it and stood there in nothing but a towel, his hair still wet, he had apparently just stepped out of the shower.

"I am sorry, I have disturbed you at an inopportune time, I will come back later." She said, casting her head down, trying not the let him see her blush.

"It's okay, you can come in, and after I dress you can tell me why you came up here." He said, smiling at her apparent shyness.

"I do not wish to impose." She said, her head still downcast.

"If you were imposing," he began as he lifted her head with his hand, "I wouldn't have made the offer."

"Oh." She stammered, "Okay then."

Daniel watched as she shyly walked into this room. He grabbed his clothes off the bed and walked into the bathroom, telling her he'd be right back. As he changed into his fatigues he had to wonder why she was so nervous and shy; he figured that even though she looked to be around 25 or 26, she was probably very sheltered. He walked out of the bathroom and found her sitting in one of the chairs by the table, her long, slender legs crossed and her hands folded neatly in her lap.

"So why did you come to see me?"

"I wanted to see how you and your team mates were settling in, and to tell you that dinner will be just before the suns set." She stated.

"I see. Well, thank you. I'm finding the room quite comfortable and I'm starving, I cannot wait until dinner."

"Very well, I must go check on the other gentlemen and the lady, I will come to get you when dinner is ready." She said and stood up.

When she was just about to the door when he called to her.

"Da'Len?"

"Yes?"

"Why are you so nervous around me?"

"I...do not know what you are talking about." She stumbled over her words.

"Yes you do, you never look directly at me, you're always quiet, and you act like a scared child." He said, "I just don't understand. Do I frighten you?"

"No. I just...don't have...much...um...what I mean is..." she stuttered.

"I understand. There aren't many guys your age around here, so you don't know how to act around them."

"Yah. The visitors with the glowing eyes took most of the young men." She said sadly.

"I understand, they came to where I lived once, they took people that I cared very much about. Those people ended up dying because of them."

"I am sorry." She said, "I must go now. I must check on your companions."

Da'Len dashed out of Daniel's room. Her father would never approve of an outsider, so the feelings she had were silly and could not be acted upon. She walked over to the room she assumed Jack and Teal'c were sharing. She knocked on the door and Jack answered the door.

"Hello Da'Len."

"Hello Colonel. I just came to see if you and Teal'c were settling in all right and to inform of when dinner will be."

"Well...how did you know that Teal'c and I were sharing a room?"

"I just came from Dr. Jackson's room."

"I see."

"Well, the room is very comfortable, thank you."

"I am glad you like your room. Dinner will be served just before the suns set, I will come to get you when it is time." she said.

"Thank you Da'Len."

"You are welcome Colonel."

"Please call me Jack."

"Okay."

Sam sat in her room reading a book she had packed when a knock on the door startled her. She walked to it and opened it to reveal Da'Len standing there.

"Hello Da'Len."

"Hello Major."

"It's Sam remember."

"Right, sorry...Sam."

"That's okay. Why you here?"

"Just let you know that dinner is soon, I thought I would come and get you; show you where dinner is served."

"That was nice, well just let me get changed and we'll go down."

"Okay, I told Jack and Dr. Jackson that I would pick them up as well." She said.

"Alright, I'll make it quick."

Five minutes later Sam walked out of the bathroom in her semi-formal suit that she always wore to first dinners; nice navy blue pants, with a white turtleneck and blue vest, with black shoes.

"Wow, you look very nice Sam." Da'Len said.

"Thank you."

Daniel paced as he waited for Da'Len to get him. He was wearing the tan slacks and brown turtleneck that he had packed, with his dark brown, almost black, dress shoes. He hair, neatly combed, was now dried. The knock came sooner than he thought it would and he jumped. He calmed himself down and opened the door. Da'Len stood there, her dirty blonde hair in a french braid and wearing a light tan dress that accented her eyes.

"Hello Da'Len."

"Dr. Jackson, it is time for dinner." She said, head cast downward again.

"Okay." He said and stepped out of the room.

He watched as she knocked on Teal'c and Jack's door. It opened with Teal'c standing there.

"Teal'c, could you please tell Jack that it is time for dinner."

"Of course. We will be with you in a moment."

"Very well."

The door shut and Daniel just stared at her in utter confusion. She called Sam, Sam and Jack, Jack, but insisted on calling him Dr. Jackson. /Maybe it's because I haven't told her to call me Daniel/ he thought. They walked down to the dining area and when they got there Daniel asked to talk to Da'Len for a moment.

"Yes Dr. Jackson, what would you like?" she asked.

"I just want you to call me Daniel...okay?"

"Um...okay."

"Great...now let's go have a seat."

Da'Len led Daniel to where the rest of his team was sitting and then went to sit with her father. Ro'Non was a tall man with pure white hair to just past his shoulders; his eyes were silver and seemed to see everything all at once. He was wearing black pants and a grey sweater. He looked at his daughter walking towards him and smiled, she was his pride and joy; she was also named after his wife, who had died giving her life.

Hello daughter. He said, speaking to her telepathically.

Father. She answered.

That outsider likes you. Do you feel the same way?

I...yes. She answered, sitting down beside him.

They will not approve.

You do not know that...you just want them to disapprove. She snapped.

Show your father respect. Ro'Non demanded.

I am sorry father, it will not happen again.

Ro'Non stood to address the people seated.

"Visitors and friends, welcome to my humble establishment. I welcome you all with open arms. I hope all of you enjoy your stay and I also hope most of you will stay to see and participate in our annual feast, three nights from now. Eat up and drink well." Ro'Non finished his speech and sat down.

The food was wonderful and SG-1 talked and laughed, but Jack couldn't notice that Daniel seemed a little distracted.

"You okay Danny?" he asked as they walked back to their rooms to get ready to meet Akasha and Enkil.

"Yeah, fine." He answered absently.

"You sure."

"Yep."

"Okay."

An hour later the last of the light from the suns was gone and there was a knock on Daniel's door. He opened it and Da'Len was standing there, she had changed out of her dress and was now wearing a purple skirt that brushed the floor and white mid-drift blouse; her hair was down now and wavy because of being kept in a braid all day.

"They are here...they wish to see you now." She said, her voice sounded sad.

"Okay."

Daniel followed Da'Len to Jack's room and then to Sam's. She kept her head down the entire time and Daniel was almost sure he saw her shoulders shaking, like she was crying. They left the Inn and walked deeper into town, into what seemed to be the centre of it. In the middle of a square shaped area there was dais, which seemed to contain thrones; seated on them were a man and a woman, with skin so pales it seemed to glow, their hair was long and black and their clothes seemed to Daniel Egyptian. Da'Len lead them to the foot of dais and bowed.

"Your Highnesses, these are the travellers that came through the gate today." She spoke in the voice that she had used when making them identify themselves earlier.

"What is your purpose here?" the woman asked.

"We are peaceful explorers. We are looking for allies in our fight against the Goa'uld." Jack said.

"The Goa'uld?" the man asked.

"The visitors with glowing eyes." Da'Len said.

"I see...and why should we believe you. The black one is marked, he belongs to one of them."

"I did Your Majesty. I have realized that they are not what appear to be and have joined the Tau'ri in their fight."

"Again I ask why we should believe you."

"If I may speak on their behalf Ma'am." Da'Len stepped forward.

"Why would you wish to do that?"

"Because I believe them."

"Very well."

"I was, as you are, weary of these visitors, especially when I saw the mark of Apophis on Teal'c's forehead. I have since learned, in the past few hours, that they are not allies of the visitors with the glowing eyes that take away our people. Their hearts are pure and so are their minds. They are not like the Goa'uld, they fight against them, I ask only that you believe them and allow them to help us in our fight against the Goa'uld. We have a common enemy, we would be foolish not to accept help that may allow us to defeat them." Da'Len said, surprising SG-1.

Da'Len looked at Akasha and Enkil with fear, they were considering what she had said and she knew that she was walking a thin line; some of what she had said could be considered treasonous. She knew that well enough, she also knew that if Akasha and Enkil decided against her, not only would she be punished at the Feast, but so would they.

"Da'Len, you have always been a loyal servant and a good judge of character. We believe you, however, we do know that you had other reasons that you do not wish to divulge to the community for helping us accept these visitors." Akasha began, "We are not sure of this yet, but give us a few days and we will give you decision at the Feast."

"Thank you Queen Akasha and King Enkil, I promise not to let you down and your consideration on the other matter is greatly appreciated." She said and sighed in relief.

"You may leave now." Enkil said.

Da'Len started away and was soon followed by Teal'c, Sam and Daniel. She could sense the Jack hung back and when heard what he was thinking she stopped dead in her tracks.

"Don't!" she yelled just as he opened his mouth.

"What?" he questioned.

She stalked over to him, grabbed his jacket and dragged him to where the others were.

"Wipe that thought from your mind and do not think it again. You will be killed if they find out."

"Oh?"

"We do not ask, visitors do not ask. It is just the way things are, we do not question them." She snarled and led them back to the Inn.

When they got back to the Inn she left them to head back to their rooms, but Daniel wouldn't go back. He followed her to the dining room and found her crying. He walked up and placed a hand on her shoulder. She jumped and looked up at him.

"Daniel..." she gasped, quickly wiping away her tears, "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see if you were alright."

"Why?"

"Because, I like you and you looked like you were hurt somehow; I don't like it when people I like are hurting, especially if I can do something about it."

"I...I'm scared."

"Why?"

"I like someone and my father does not approve and he thinks that Their Majesties will not approve either and I think he's right." She sobbed.

Daniel did something he would never consider otherwise, he took her into her arms. He straddled the bench and pulled her against him, so her side was resting against his chest.

"It's okay," He soothed. "I'm sure they'll approve. Akasha said you're a good judge of character."

"I know, but..." she let her voice trail off, as if she was afraid to finish.

"What? You can tell me."

"He's an outsider."

"Oh, really."

Daniel felt her nod against his chest. He tightened his grip on her, letting her know that he was still there for her.

"I'm sure he's really nice."

"He is."

"How long have you know him?"

"A few hours...but he has the most amazing eyes, and strong arms."

She nuzzled closer to him and he smiled.

"I know how you feel. I met this girl a few hours ago; she's so shy, but incredibly cute." He said, and noticed that she stopped crying.

"Daniel, are you talking about me?"

"Yes."

"Oh...because I was talking about you too."

"I know." He whispered.

"I think I'm in love with you."

"Me too."

"Don't leave me...if they don't approve, can I come with you?"

"Yes."

They sat there for only the Gods know how long and then reluctantly they stood and realized that they had to get to bed. She looked up into his crystal blue eyes and realized that she did love him and that even if Akasha and Enkil didn't approve, she loved him and nothing was going to change that. Daniel leaned down and lightly brushed his lips against hers. She leaned up and allowed him to deepen the kiss. The kiss ended too soon for both their liking, but they realized that until the King and Queen made their decision they would have to be careful how the acted.

"I'll come get you and the team for breakfast, just after the suns rise."

"I can't wait."

"Good night Daniel."

"Good night Da'Len."

Da'Len watched Daniel go and smiled to herself, he was a great man and they had to agree with her, she didn't know what she would do if they didn't. She had always relied on their approval and guidance, especially when she was becoming a woman; Her Majesty had been most helpful, since Da'Len's mother had died in childbirth.

***

The three days until the Feast flew by and Da'Len got barely any time to see Daniel, but she knew that this was a test from Their Majesties, to see if she would be loyal and help prepare for the Feast or if she would betray them and spend time with Daniel. Da'Len sat in her room it was just after the suns set, when the Queen contacted her and told her it was time for the feast. She stood, changed into her red mid-drift blouse and black knee-length skirt and headed to Sam's room. Sam opened her door and Da'Len's breath caught.

"Wow Sam, you look beautiful." She said.

"Thank you Da'Len, so do you."

"It is time for the feast." She said, blushing.

Sam and Da'Len walked to the guy's rooms in companionable silence, Da'Len thinking solely about the decision that Akasha and Enkil had made. She was worried that they would not allow her to be with Daniel, and that scared her. When they got to the doors she smiled at Sam.

"Watch this."

She raised her arms and pounded on both doors at the same time and then backed up. Both doors opened at the same time and Jack and Daniel looked out confused.

"It is time for the Feast." She said.

"Okay."

The five, now friends, started to walk to the centre of town when Da'Len stopped dead in her tracks; her father stood about three feet in front of them and he did not look happy.

Da'Len, what are you doing? He demanded.

"Speak father, they cannot communicate telepathically." She said.

"What are you doing?"

"Akasha has contacted me and told me that it is time for the Feast. She wishes for our visitors to be there."

"You lie!" he snarled.

Da'Len screamed as a pain like none she had ever felt before ripped through her head. She fell to the ground and Daniel was by her side in a second.

"GET AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER."

Akasha looked down on the scene and decided to do something about it, she quietly slipped into the body of the visitor that loved her most loyal servant. She made him stand.

Da'Len looked at Daniel and noticed the change when he stood. /Oh no, Akasha is in him. This cannot be good/ she thought.

"How dare you injure her Ro'Non?" He boomed.

"How do...you know my name?"

"I know who you are, because you have served me for many years."

"Akasha?" Ro'Non's voice trembled.

"Yes."

Jack bent down and helped Da'Len to her feet.

"What's going on?"

"Akasha has temporarily taken over Daniel's body. He is in there, but he has no control." She stated.

"Is there anything we can do?"

"No. She will release him unharmed when she is done."

Da'Len watched as Daniel/Akasha walked towards her father.

"How dare you injure her Ro'Non?" Daniel/Akasha said.

"I am sorry."

"Injuring one of my followers is considered treason. You will be punished at tonight's feast."

With that two men appeared and grabbed Ro'Non by the arms and dragged him towards the square. Daniel turned around and walked towards the group. Da'Len stepped forward and took his outstretched hand.

"Akasha?" she questioned.

"Yes."

"Thank you for saving me."

"You are welcome my child."

"I am forever in your debt."

"No, you have served me well for years. This was a long time in coming. We have seen the way your father treats you. We should have acted sooner, but we did not because you did not have some one else to love you and without that we know you would have gone mad. Now you do."

With that Akasha left Daniel's body and he stumbled forward. Da'Len caught him.

"What happened?"

"Um..." Jack said, he had paled considerably and they could all tell that for a brief moment, when Daniel wasn't Daniel, Jack had been scared of him.

"Akasha took over your body for a brief period." Da'Len told him.

"What?"

"Do not worry about it, it is completely harmless." She said and continued to lead them to the town's square.

When they got there Akasha smiled at them and Da'Len smiled back. The Feast was about to begin, so Da'Len showed the SG-1 to their seats. She went to sit with them, until Akasha called her to her side.

"Yes Ma'am."

"The Master of Ceremony traditionally sits with the King and Queen for the Feast, and since your father has betrayed us, I would like you to have that honour."

"I...thank you."

Da'Len went back and told SG-1 why she would not be sitting with them and they all congratulated her. She sat next to Akasha as tradition stated and watched as the food was brought out. She ate very little; she wasn't hungry since finding out that her father was a traitor. She poked at her food and smiled lightly at Daniel when he looked worriedly at her.

When the Feast was finished Akasha, Enkil and Da'Len stood. Daniel watched in amazement, Da'Len looked so different standing on the dais; she commanded attention and everyone looked up.

"The Feast is over, the punishment of the traitors will begin." She hollered. "Bring them forth."

Jack looked shocked as five people in chains were led towards the dais. Da'Len walked towards a young man, who couldn't have been any older than Da'Len herself. She looked at him.

"You know what you have been accused of?" she questioned and he nodded. "Do you have anything to say for yourself?"

"I...didn't mean it?" he sobbed.

Daniel watched Da'Len close her eyes for a brief second, her eyelids fluttered and then opened.

"You lie." She boomed.

"I...I..." the man stuttered.

"The King wants this one."

The man was led to Enkil and Da'Len moved to a middle-aged woman.

"Do you have anything to say for yourself?"

"No."

"Fine. Take her to the Queen."

Da'Len stepped to the top of the dais and looked out amongst the town's people.

"These two have been charged with grievous crime of treason. As we all know, the penalty for that is DEATH! Before the sentence is carried out, does anyone present wish to speak for or against them?"

All that could be heard was silence.

"Fine. Be done with them."

Daniel and the rest of SG-1 watched in horror as Akasha and Enkil bared their fangs and sunk them into the traitors. Daniel thought he would pass out, but he looked at Da'Len, who was smiling. When they let go of the man and woman Da'Len signalled to two men, who came and carried the bodies off the dais. He watched Da'Len walked to a young woman around Major Carter's age.

"You know what you did, do you wish to defend yourself?"

"No, I made the error and now I must be punished for it." She said.

"You are a smart woman."

The woman stood and allowed herself to be led to Enkil. Da'Len then went to an old man.

"Ka'Ell, you have been a loyal servant for many years, it saddens me that you have turned on us. Do you have anything to say in your own defence?"

"No."

Ka'Ell let himself be led to Akasha and Da'Len walked to the top of the dais again.

"Again I ask if anyone will speak for or against these people?"

Again there was silence and Da'Len nodded. Again Akasha and Enkil bit their victims and drained them of their blood.

"Looks like General Hammond was correct about this planet." Jack said.

"Indeed." Teal'c whispered.

When that was done Da'Len walked to where her father was kneeling.

"Father, you have been a loyal servant of the King and Queen for many years, but now because they have agreed with me and not with you, you betray them. I am ashamed to call you kin." She said.

"I did what I thought was best for you."

"By trying to kill me and keep me from the man I love?"

"He is an outsider!"

"So was mother!"

"How do you know that?"

"They told me." Da'Len hollered, pointing at the King and Queen.

"How dare you try to keep me from loving an outsider when your own wife the woman you named me after was one!" she screamed.

"I...I am sorry."

"You will DIE!"

The two men who had removed the bodies grabbed Ro'Non by his arms and led him to the dais. Akasha looked at Da'Len.

"Are you sure about this?" she asked, compassion in her voice.

"Yes. I will not allow him to be in the way of my being happy anymore."

"Okay. Who would you like to do it?"

"Both of you."

Akasha nodded and Da'Len looked into her father's eyes one last time.

"Does anyone wish to speak for or against this man? Visitors are not allowed." She quickly added, hearing what Jack was thinking.

No one spoke. Da'Len nodded and then unlike with the others, she turned her back. Daniel watched as she flinched when her father cried out when their fangs sank into his neck. He also watched the tears she thought no one saw stream down her cheeks. She quickly wiped her tears and turned back to the dais after her father's body had been removed.

"The punishment in over! The festivities are over for another year. Tomorrow night we will decide who the new head of the town will be. Good night and Blessed Be."

The crowds left and Daniel walked to the foot of the dais.

"Da'Len?"

"Yes Daniel?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"They have approved. We can be together." She said as she walked down the dais.

Daniel took her in his arms and kissed her. His lips were soft and pressed lightly, not wanting to push too much. At that moment all hell broke loose. People started running towards the centre of town.

"What's going on?" she asked a person running by.

"They're here."

"Who?"

"The Goa'uld." Daniel said.

"SHIT!" she cursed.

Daniel gave her a quick kiss and ran to join his team. He promised her he'd come back, but she wasn't so sure.

***

An hour later the fight was almost over when Jack got hit. He went down and Daniel dashed to his best friends side. Jack was bleeding really bad and Daniel knew, as much as he hated to admit it, that there was nothing he could do.

"Jack?" he whispered, trying not to cry.

"Hey Danny. Why you here?"

"You're hurt Jack."

"I know I'm dying Danny, don't sugar coat it."

"Sorry."

"I just want you to know that even though I tease you, you're my best friend."

"I know Jack, I know." Daniel said, now crying.

"Tell Sam...I'm sorry I wasn't honest with her and that I should have told her how I felt when I had the chance."

"I will."

"And tell her...that I love her."

"Okay."

Danny could feel Jack's pulse getting weaker and he knew his friend didn't have much time left. He started sobbing and then he felt a hand on shoulder. He looked up to see Akasha and Da'Len standing beside him.

"I can heal him." Akasha said.

"How."

"With my blood. If I place a little on his injury he will heal."

"Will it make him like you?"

"No."

Jack looked at Da'Len then Daniel and finally to Akasha.

"Do it." He grunted.

Akasha held her wrist over Jack's stomach and slit her wrist with one long and apparently razor sharp nail. The blood trickled out momentarily and then stopped. Daniel looked down at Jack and notice that his wound was gone.

"Shit, that's amazing."

"I know. I feel a lot better, thank you."

Jack stood and watched as Teal'c and Sam with the help of the villagers drove the Goa'uld back to 'gate and away from the town, possibly for good. A loud cheer went up as the last of the Goa'uld we seen running to the 'gate. Daniel wrapped his arms around Da'Len and Sam rushed over to Jack when she saw the hole in his shirt and jacket.

"Sir, are you alright?"

"Yes Major, Akasha healed me. I'm fine."

"Are you sure Sir?"

"Yes."

"Good, I don't want to loose my CO."

Daniel took Da'Len's hand and led her away from the group for a minute.

"I know that Akasha has accepted us being together, but I can't stay here." He said.

"Oh."

"But I can't leave you either." Daniel got down on one knee and tears came to his eyes, but he continued to speak, "I've only been in love once and I left and she died because of that. I won't let that happen again. Marry me and come back to Earth with me."

Da'Len stood in shock. Daniel had just asked her to marry him, she didn't know what to say.

Say yes. Akasha's voice intruded into her thoughts.

Okay. She said back.

"Daniel Jackson, I would be honoured to be your wife."

"Really?"

"Yes."

***

Three Months Later On Earth:

Da'Len stood in the spare bedroom of Major Carters' apartment. Sam was helping her on with the pure white gown with the flowing skirt and four-foot long train. She looked at herself in the mirror, her hair up and framed by a tiara with a veil to halfway down her back. Sam flipped the veil over her shoulder to do up the zipper of gown.

"Sam, I am so nervous."

"I know. You'll be fine."

Meanwhile Daniel was pacing in his room. Jack and Teal'c looked at him and Teal'c actually smiled.

"Oh man...I keep wondering if I'm doing the right thing. I mean I'm so accident prone I might make her a widow."

"Stop it Daniel, this is the same thing you said before your last marriage." Jack said.

"Yeah and look how it turned out."

"This is different Daniel Jackson. She does not live on a world that is constantly attacked by Goa'uld. She is safe here and we always take care that you do not get seriously injured if we can prevent it." Teal'c said, trying to calm the much younger man's nerves.

"Right, thanks Teal'c." Daniel said, trying to straighten his tie for what seemed like the hundredth time.

"Here Danny, let me." Jack said and fixed his tie.

"Thanks Jack."

"No problem."

"Did Da'Len ever tell you who she was having walk her down the aisle?"

"No. She said she wanted it to be surprise."

An hour later, the limo pulled up to the church and Sam, decked out in her dress blues stepped out. Da'Len's best friend from back home was also wearing a blue suit similar to Sam's and got out as well. General Hammond walked down the stairs to church and took Da'Len's hand to assist her out of the car. Ka'Lyn, Da'Len's best friend picked up her train and kept it off the ground while they walked into the church.

"Thank you so much for doing this for me Sir." She said.

"It's my pleasure. I love Daniel like a son, it's the least I could do." The older man said.

Daniel stood at front of the church as the wedding march began to play. Da'Len's little cousins walked down the aisle, the little boy holding the pillow with rings and the little girl with the little basket of flowers. Then Sam and Ka'Lyn walked down the aisle. When they go the end Da'Len and General Hammond started down and Daniel had to wipe a tear from his eye. He hadn't known that the General would do this.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered her today in the sight of God to join these two people in Holy Matrimony. If anyone can find any reason why these two should not be married, speak now or forever hold your piece." The priest began. "Okay. Daniel Jackson, do you take Da'Len to be your lawfully wedded wife? Do you promise to love and cherish her, for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health, forsaking all others until death you do part?"

"I do." Daniel said, looking deep into her eyes.

"And Da'Len, do you take Daniel to be your lawfully wedded husband? Do you promise to love and cherish him, for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health, forsaking all others until death you do part?"

"I do."

"Okay, now they will exchange rings and recite the vows that they have written."

Jack handed Daniel the ring that Da'Len would wear and Daniel placed it on the tip of her finger.

"Da'Len, I never thought I could fall in love again, but the moment I saw you I realized that you should never say never. I started falling in love with you that second and I find myself falling more and more in love with you with every day that passes and I know I will love you for the rest of my life." Daniel said, and finished putting the ring on her finger.

Sam passed Da'Len Daniel's ring and she placed it on him.

"Daniel, I know no words that could accurately describe what I feel for you. You gave me the strength to stand up to my father, when I didn't think I could. You gave me your love even when you knew that we may have been forbidden to see each other and that made me love more than I thought was possible. I will love you until the day I die, that I promise." She finished and placed the ring the rest of the way on.

"Now, by the power vested in me by God and the state of Colorado I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride."

Daniel took a step forward and lowered his head. There lips touched and she flung her arms around his neck. The kiss lasted about ten seconds, but to them it felt longer. They separated and everyone clapped.

"I know present to you Mr. and Mrs. Jackson."

Everyone clapped again as they walked down the aisle together for the first time as man and wife.



THE END

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Alexa Cale