Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Captain Carter

by AJ Ayngel
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Captain Carter

Captain Carter

by AJ 'Ayngel'

TITLE: Captain Carter
AUTHOR: AJ 'Ayngel'
EMAIL: aranygll29@yahoo.com
CATEGORY: Sam and Daniel
SPOILERS: POV
SEASON / SEQUEL: Season 3
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS:
SUMMARY: Sam is waiting for someone
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES:

::He didn't come through.::

Samantha Carter laid her hand flat on the now still, blackened surface of the mirror glass.

::Daniel::

She punched the glass in frustration. It had been 3 weeks since the other members of SG1, Dr. Carter, and Major Kawalsky went through the mirror to save Carter and Kawalsky's reality. The facility had been under guard the whole time waiting with bated breath for the final outcome.....

.......until now. A flicker and movement from the armed guard alerted her to the activity on the mirror. They had set up an armed guard just in case things did not go as planned. So, she waited with the guard for any change in the quantum mirror.

Then, there was a loud, pulsating sound. Sam approached the mirror, warily. She was relieved to see Daniel had appeared on the mirror's surface holding the control device.

Relief flooded through her when she saw that he was alright.

She placed her gun down and waved at him, wondering why he wasn't coming back through the mirror. He was smiling at her and appeared to be staring at the patch on her uniform with a strange look in his eyes.

It was when he just stood there staring at her, that she knew something was wrong. They had had a long discussion before he left about changing her name, but she would never have thought that he wouldn't return because of that; they had been through too much together.

He was still smiling at her when the mirror went black.

::Daniel::

An undefineable emotion gripped her heart in a vice. She wanted to scream at the mirror for taking him away. Instead, the soldier inside of her kicked in and she turned abruptly and marched from the room.

Samantha moved quickly down the hallway to avoid looking at people, hoping to escape to the locker room. She knew she should go see General Hammond about what had just occurred, but going back over the details would kill her.

Finding that the locker room was empty, she switched the sign on the door and went in to her locker. She stared at the two lockers standing side by side and touched the name on the locker beside hers.

::D. Jackson::

::He was so confident that it wouldn't take long for him to return. He promised he would come back!::

Sam closed her eyes in pain and hit the locker. ::3 weeks; it's been 3 long weeks!::

She jerked her locker door open and stripped her clothes quickly. Grabbing her things from her locker, she stepped into the steam of the shower room.

Under the hot water, images of Daniel filled her head: the look of devastation on his face when he discovered Sha're was dead; the laughter in his eyes when he played with Cassie; the sheer utter fascination in a new archaeological discovery; the passion......

Sam shook her head and tears mingled with the water. ::Noooo...he is not dead. He will come back.:

Her mind reflected on the time Daniel caught her and Martouf in a very sensitive moment, when Jolinar's memories and emotions for the Tok'ra flooded through her. Ironically, she was very embarrassed when Daniel found them holding hands on the sand dune. Since then, she had questioned her emotions for the men surrounding her and had come to several conclusions:

::Martouf::

Martouf was amazingly handsome and sensitive while holding such vast amounts of knowledge. He was also courageous for sharing his body and mind with a symbiote.

::Jolinar's memories are so complex. I could have so easily fallen in love with him....but I'm didn't.:: She lifted her hand and wiped her face, stopping to look at the gold band on her finger.

::Jack::

Sam grinned. ::Oh, boy. The Pandora's box. The knowledge of me being involved with the colonel....::

She chuckled briefly at the thought. ::That was a *little* hard to handle. Sure, he is not hard to look at, and it had been funny watching Janet giving us the *look* after she found out the hidden details between Dr. Carter and her husband. But things are different here than in Dr. Carter's reality. She didn't have a Daniel Jackson in her reality. Not to mention Jack's my CO and that opening that box here would have bust open all sorts of trouble for the team.::

Daniel's image came back swiftly to her mind and love filled her being.

::Daniel Jackson, I don't know how but I will find you.:: Sam turned off the shower and left the shower room refreshed and determined.

"Sam?" A husky voice called.

She froze. ::Am I hearing things?::

She slowly turned as if she couldn't believe what she was hearing, and saw a tall, dark figure in fatigues standing at the beginning of the rows of lockers.

"Daniel?"

"In the flesh!" The figure rasped, walking towards her.

Sam ran into his arms, gripping him fiercely to her.

Daniel cupped her face in his hands and passionately kissed her. "I missed you too, Mrs. Jackson."

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to AJ 'Ayngel'