Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

In the Middle of the Night

by Adi
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
In The Middle of the Night

In The Middle of the Night

by Adi

TITLE: In The Middle of the Night
AUTHOR: Adi
EMAIL: dr_bev_crasher@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Romance.
PAIRING: Sam/other
SPOILERS: Thor's Hammer, Thor's Chariot, The Fifth Race, Fair Game, Nemesis, Small Victories. (Basically anything with Thor)
SEASON / SEQUEL: Like I said anything with Thor.
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: Sexual Situations
SUMMARY: Sam waits for her midnight meeting.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate Sg-1 and its characters are the property of Stargate (II) Productions, Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This story is for entertainment purposes only and no money exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author. This story may not be posted elsewhere without the consent of the author.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I blame it on The Brain Wave Pattern Generator.
AUTHOR'S NOTE SUPPLEMENTAL: I know I said I would do Sam/Hammond and I'm working on it, but until then enjoy what my Muses have forced into my head.

"No, I don't think so sir. Not tonight anyway. I have a lot of work to do." Jack watched as Sam walked away toward her lab. Turning around Jack signaled her answer to the other members of SG1.

"Guess it's just us guys tonight." He said walking towards them.

"Just as long as you don't order strippers again Jack."

Sam paused, smiling as she walked out of hearing range. Turning she headed, turned and headed towards her quarters. She had to stop herself from running, but she knew the smile on her face would give her away if anyone caught her. Luckily no one did.

She entered her room and looked at the watch. 22:41.

One hour, nineteen minutes.She could do that. She lay down on her bed and stared at the ceiling. Then, she didn't see the ceiling. She stared passed the ground, passed the earth, passed the clouds, passed the atmosphere. She lay there on her bed imagining the stars, and imagined moving between the stars, slower than a stargate but faster than a Goa'uld mothership. Moving from somewhere, she didn't know where, moving toward a small almost insignificant planet, third from the sun, the only one in the solar system that developed life. Stars rushed passed her, fast but not fast enough. Never fast enough.

Then suddenly she was back in her room, staring at her ceiling. She looked at the watch 23:03.

Fifty-seven minutes.She tried to calm her racing heart.Only fifty-seven minutes to go.Anticipation always did this to her, she couldn't control it. If she was going to be truly honest it was one of her favorite things about these midnight rendezvous. Sam took a deep breath, got up and walked to the bathroom.

She looked at herself in the mirror. She was almost glowing, she wondered if others could see it. She certainly felt it. She filled up her sink with water and dunked her face into it. Letting the water cool her face and slow her heart. She stayed underwater for as long as she could before rising up just enough to take another breath and repeat the process. Four dunks later Sam was feeling a little calmer and very wet. Groping blindly for a towel she stumbled back onto her bed.

23:24. She groaned.

Thirty-six minutes.She flopped over onto her stomach.I'll never make it.She knew from experience that she wouldn't be able to concentrate on anything. She kept a book on the night table but didn't bother opening it, she knew she would just keep reading the same paragraph over and over again. Looking at the clock she willed the digits to change, it did . . . by one minute.

Thirty-five minutes.Help!It seemed to get worse every time. The waiting, the anticipation, the time slowing down. Making a frustrated noise Sam got up and started pacing. She knew the dimensions of this room by heart.

One step, two step, three step, four,She allowed the childish tune to run through her headfive step, six step, seven step more.She reached the wall and turned around.

One step, two step, three step, four, five step, six step, seven step, more. Samantha you're going crazy

No kidding?!She continued pacing.

23:51

Almost there Samantha, just a few more minutes.Her heart was trying to pound its way out of her chest and she knew there was nothing she could do to stop it. She lay back on the bed and futilely tried to loss herself in her daydream again.

Soon Samantha Soon.She kept telling herself.

23:59

YES!She closed her eyes taking deep breaths and trying not to hyperventilate.

Tingling all her over skin announced the new day. She opened her eyes not expecting the dull concrete of her quarters but the shiny metal of a ship. Her cloths were gone, though she knew they would be back in the morning. Sam closed her eyes and waiting for the touch she knew she was coming.

"Hello Samantha." There is was. Cold and smooth and oh so sensual, the long grey fingers traced down her from neck to her navel. "You are well I trust?" Sam smiled and opened her eyes.

"Now? I'm perfect."

The clock on the nightstand read 00:00 but there was no one there to see it.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Adi