Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Better Late Than Never

by Abby
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Better Late than Never

Better Late than Never

by Abby

Title: Better Late than Never
Author: Abby
Email: abby@albrechts.com
Status: Well, my friends think I need mental help.
Category: S/J, Humor, J/other, Food
Spoilers: Window of Opportunity
Season/Sequelinfo: Season 4
Rating: PG-13
ContentWarnings: Oh, c'mon. I can't be the only one who thought Jack may have cracked enough to do this. But if you can't handle guys kissing. Don't read it. m/f
Summary: Jack spends too much time eating Froot Loops.
Disclaimer: I did it. I blame this on UST and not enough caffeine

It really wasn't the inane question Danny kept asking really. It was the gummy taste 60 Froot Loop lunches left in his mouth that was really getting to Jack. But he couldn't resist letting Danny believe it was him, just for appearances sake.

"Time to get going," Jack said as he pushed the foul cereal away yet again.

"Huh, what?" Sam shook the fog from her head. It really wasn't such a good thing when she sat facing her CO and the ice cream bar. Thoughts unbefitting an officer including drizzling chocolate syrup all over a certain pair of strong shoulders danced through her mind. At least Danny had been talking enough for all three of them, so no one had noticed.

Jack shook his head. It wasn't like Sam to be so quiet. Next time around he'd have to find out what was up. But this time he had plans.

Nine hours and 45 minutes later Jack was back on base with purpose in his step and a smile on his face. He couldn't believe he was finally going to do it. Then again, he also couldn't believe he hadn't done it sooner.

Climbing the stairs to the control room two at a time he knew he'd made it just under the wire. Or bright, white flash. Whatever.

"Colonel O'Neill what are you doing here out of uniform?" General Hammond asked. Without answering Jack handed him a piece of paper he'd been clutching in his hand.

Looking down at the words the usually calm general sputtered. "Resignation? What's the meaning of this?"

"Just this..." Jack said as he swept his commanding officer into his arms, bent down, and gave George Hammond the deepest, sexiest kiss of his life.

Before George could register any sort of opposition the world flashed white and Jack was tasting Froot Loop scum again. Yup. This time bubble was annoying, but had its amusements.

Now if he could just figure out why Sam was licking her lips like that...

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Abby