Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Closure

by Ameridian
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Closure

Closure

by Ameridian

Summary: Just came off the top of my head, maybe has something to do with life at the moment, but read, comment, its very short!!!
Category: Drabble, Future Story, Hurt/Comfort, POV
Episode Related: Future Story
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: 13+
Warnings: character death
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2004-09-05

Like a summer flower cut down by the greedy harvester, so she sat there crushed into oblivion. Never would her life be the same again, never would she jump out of her car, spring in her step knowing that today could lead her anywhere, a new galaxy, a new universe...Never would she enter the commissary wondering what delight the cook had decided to poison her with today, and how much coffee they had to prepare today to satisfy one certain archaeologist's demands. Never would she pour over her report on her laptop, quarrelling with her brain whether she should include all the details on that as yet unidentified machine. And never again would she wait for that moment when he walked in, when she knew everything would be alright.

Things had changed, just like her office. There she sat on the floor where her desk used to be, the marks in the carpet still visible where she had split that umpteenth coffee, no it wasn't just an archaeologist with that obsession. As she looked up, the posters were gone, the bookshelves, with the books which had filled her life for so long over the years, the pictures, her dad, mark and the kids, her mum, whose smiling face would heal even the deepest wounds, all gone. That sofa, old and decrepit as it was, with so many memories, happy ones all sat around after a hard mission celebrating just being alive, sad ones finding out she was to lose one of the most precious people in her life, and memories of just being alone thinking about life, how she got here and how lucky she was, and then how it was all going to end, finally she was going to know.

So many dreams, unfulfilled aspirations, joyous occasions, this place meant so much, perhaps too much. Perhaps it was time, maybe. As she gazed further around, all that remained was her box of belongings and the waste bin, her future in one and past in another. Where would it lead her, she didn't know, she thought she had it all mapped out once, but now she was not so sure. Where was she heading, where, it was like asking her grey walls what colour they would be painted next, or her carpet who's feet might step on it next. Undecided.

Just at that moment, the only sound to be heard was that of footsteps and then the gentle creaking of her door, the block of wood stripped of her name plaque. A pair of black shoes entered her vision perhaps for the last time. Silently he picked up her future, and turned, then slowly moved from her office into the corridor, the footsteps to be heard once again. It was time, as she finally rose, her future was in safe hands, and there was only one thing to be done. Her hand graced the light switch, this chapter of her life concluding, and as she followed her future with renewed hope, at last darkness closed in on her past...

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Ameridian