Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

A Happy Ending

by Phoenix
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A Happy Ending

A Happy Ending

by Phoenix

Summary: Just a quick story about how i might like the Pete/Sam releationship to end, and how the Sam/Jack relationship might begin. Please Review
Category: Romance
Season: future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: GEN
Warnings: minor language
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2004-10-10

A Happy Ending

Well for once it was me who ended a relationship, and I didn't realise until he did. He walked in this morning, with breakfast and flowers, to make up for my having to work late last night, and he found me in bed. The part he didn't expect was the other lump in the bed, surprisingly human shaped. It was then that it all came rushing back to me.

We had had a date planned. We were going to go to dinner, and then see a movie. An ordinary date you way think, but we hadn't talked much lately, and we had agreed to set a date for the wedding that evening.

But as usual, I had to work. So I called him and apologised profusely. SG-9 needed me. They were stuck on a planet, and their DHD had lost its main crystal. So the plan was I would hop over to the alpha site, borrow theirs, put it in SG-9's DHD, and hop them back to the alpha site with the crystal, all the time risking my life, as SG-9 were under heavy fire from an unknown Goa'uld. It was one of those missions I didn't know I was going to come back from, and Pete didn't know I would come back from, and He didn't know I would come back from. So the goodbye from Pete was warm, and full of faith, but the goodbye from Jack was emotional to say the least.

"Alright SG-1, you have a go." The plan was set, and we all got up to leave the briefing room. "Carter could you wait a moment please". Daniel was already gone, Teal'c left with a small eyebrow inflection, and Jack closed the door behind them. "It's going to be dangerous out there. I know you've done this before, but I want you to be careful." He said in his best "Concerned General" voice. "Sir, with all due respect, I can look after myself." "I know you can Sam." He dropped his voice and took a step closer to me, "I know ... I know that I've lost you...but... I don't want everybody else to lose you as well." And then he looked at me, with that one look that told me that everything I thought was inside his heart was true. All I could do was nod and leave him.

Needless to say, the mission didn't go as planned. On greeting SG-9 on P5X- 710, I was immediately wounded in the right arm, which meant that I couldn't help as much as I wanted to with the crystal transplant. It was up to Daniel to follow most of my instructions, as Teal'c was holding the perimeter with SG-9. The tricky part was then letting all of SG-9 go through the gate first, and then me and Danny getting out the crystal from the DHD to take back to the alpha site, and running, still under fire, back to the gate in the ten seconds the gate could last without a DHD crystal.

As I arrived back on earth, Jack greeted me with his goofy grin. He casually slipped into the conversation a question about my plans for the evening. I checked my watch. It was far too late to go out with Pete. "I guess I'll just go home and watch some TV, Sir." "Well... how about a drink first, you deserve it." I was slightly suspicious about his offer. But as I thought about it I knew that if I didn't have too much to drink, it would be ok. We drove in separate cars to a bar in the city, but not far from my house. I was planning to have a good time, with as little alcohol as possible. That was the second plan to go awry that day. I blame the atmosphere, the pool tables, the darts board, and Jack's constant urge to toast everything he deemed necessary, like "the bar-maid", "the Asgard" and even "world peace" a couple of times. By the end of the evening I was completely inebriated. I could barely remember where I lived when the manager finally threw us out. We were leaning against each other for support, while singing a little tune the tok'ra taught us a few years ago. "Siirr, we can't drive like this..." "We could share a cab, Sammy" "You live in the opposite direction to me Siiirr." "Then perhapsss I could... stay the night at yours." And then it all started. The manager of the bar got us a cab, with mutters of "Get the hell off the sidewalk, I don't know where you come from, but indecency is illegal in this state". By the time we reached the house, neither of us was wearing very much.

So this morning I woke up to find Jack by my side, and a very surprised Pete standing in the doorway. He didn't shout or start to kill Jack; he just threw the flowers on the floor and left silently. I tried to go after him, but I was held back by Jack. And then he just looked at me, in that other way, which tells me that everything's going to be alright. And this time I looked back, and I knew that it would be.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Phoenix