Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Die Beautiful

by Tropical
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Die Beautiful

Die Beautiful

by Tropical

Title: Die Beautiful
Author: Tropical
Email: charlizecarter77@Hotmail.com
Category: Action/Adventure, Angst
Pairing: UST, Sam/Jack
Spoilers: None I can think of
Season: 5
Rating: PG
Content Warnings: none
Status: Completed
Summary: Sam is mysteriously kidnapped during her nightâs shift on a beautiful and deserted planet called Agara. When her team discovers how the villagers truly died, they are afraid Sam might suffer the same fate
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
Author's notes: The bit: I am outside time and beyond all space. .. etc..There is no future and no past. There is only an eternal now" was taken without permission from a book 'Stargate' of Pauline Gedge.
Other than that, Feedbacks are SWEET!!

SG-1 stepped out of the stargate and on planet P4C X94. They gazed around them, studying the stargate's surroundings. They were on a small hill surrounded by a deep and healthy forest. The sky was a clear blue and the warmth of the sun enveloped them with a comfortable temperature.

Jack pulled his sunglasses on and look more carefully around him.

"So! What's so important about this place anyway?" he ask, breaking the silence. Daniel smiled distracted "This was abandoned over fifty years ago. The habitants vanished and no one really knows where they went. Some says they died of an illness, others said they were caught in a war or they left this planet because it was habitated by the evil"

"Ah! thank you, Daniel. These stories makes me so much better" Jack quipped sarcastically. Daniel only glared at him and decided to walk away towards the forest. Jack motioned with his head at Teal'c to follow him then walk to his 2IC.

"So, Carter. What's so important about this place again?" he repeated. Sam smiled at him and adjusted her back pack before pulling it on her back.

"This planet has been abandoned for over fifty years ago, sir. Don't you think it's amazing, or on your case 'weird' that this planet is still inhabited?"

"Well, Daniel does get his kicks on getting us into trouble. So I have to say I really don't want to know what drove these people to leave this place. I got a bad feeling about this" his voice slowly faded.

"Bad feeling about what, sir?" Sam ask, frowning. Jack quickly look back at her, not expecting her to have heard his last phrase.

"About this whole bit. Amazing planet, no one here and well preserved. Don't you think someone may might have came here to take care of it all?"

Sam smiled again "That's why we're here for, sir"

"I knew that!" Jack answered with a mock of innocence and defence. Sam grinned and look around her, "I have to agree it does looks suspicious but you think there's close danger?"

Jack was thoughtful for a moment. He was glad there was at least a member of his team thinking about the risks and suspicions before getting all exited and, unlike a certain archeologist, go jumping around to find some new rocks to look at. Though he had to admit he was quite surprise that it was Carter of all people. Usually she'd be following Daniel to the forest and get all excited about this paradise-like planet.

"Close danger, I can't say. Let's just hurry before nightfall and hope there isn't danger at all. This planet looks great by day but by night, I wouldn't count on it" he admitted and look back at Sam. Sam nod her agreement and smiled.

"Jack! Sam! Are you guys coming?" they heard Daniel calling out and waiting at the edge of the forest, looking rather annoyed. Jack rolled his eyes "For crying out loud! We ought to put a leash on that guy!" he commented to himself, earning a chuckle from his junior officer. He smiled to himself until they reached Daniel and Teal'c.

They marched in the forest, everyone lost in their own thoughts. Their journey in the woods was a long and humid one. The sun grew hotter, though it was refreshing at times, they started to have enough.

"Daniel, are we getting somewhere or are we just walking around in circle?" Jack retorted.

"How should I know?"

"Because from the beginning you didn't stop with your 'This Way' and 'Wow, check this out!"

Daniel groaned inwardly to himself and kept on walking. The Sun soon started to lower itself, leaving the sky greyish. Jack was right, the night was going to be cold, unpleasant and very uncomfortable. Hours passed and night finally showed itself completely. SG-1 found themselves surrounded by complete darkness. Even with their flashlight, their lights couldn't reach more than beyond a few trees and fall into infinity of darkness. The wind became slightly stronger, making SG-1 shiver uncontrollably.

"I don't like this" Jack commented seriously, looking around.

The wind blew through the dried leaves of the trees, making a sound as if they were whispering to each other. Far away noises seemed so clear and near.

"Me too" Daniel almost whispered, tightening his hold on his flashlight.

"O'Neill! I have found shelter!" Teal'c shout.

"Thank God!" Jack spoke softly and walk towards him. Teal'c stood beside the entrance of a dark cave. Jack raised his eyebrows at the jaffa "In *there*?"

"Sir, I think it's all we got. Or if you want to wander around the dark forest, I think we should stay" Sam pointed out.

A long-drawn wail came down the wind, like the cry of some lonely creature. It rose and fell, and ended on a high piercing note. Another cry, further off, but no less chilling to the bone answered it. Then was a silence, broken by the sound of wind in the leaves.

"What was that?!" Daniel gasp quietly, unable to keep his hands from trembling. Jack shook his head and look around the near woods with his flashlight. He himself started to feel the shiver running down his spine.

"Perhaps we should penetrate the cave, O'Neill" Teal'c suggested. Jack no longer made remarks and with a wave of his hand, motioned the entrance of the cave "Let's go!"

The cave turned out to be a long dark tunnel. The air was cool, the walls and ground were slippery and drops of water echoed throughout the tunnel.

"How do we know if this tunnel leads us anywhere?" Jack ask.

"I see a door, sir" Sam answered him. Jack quicken his pace so he could be next to the major and examined the wooden door she was speaking of.

"Think we should go in?" he ask her.

"We did come all this way, sir" Sam said and glanced at him. Jack nod and slowly pushed the door open. They were stunned by the view that was waiting for them. The door led to a small balcony a few metres from the ground. A small iron ladder was attached on it's left side. Once the team stood on the balcony, they found themselves in a very wide chamber lightened by two torches on each walls that was still burning fire.

"What is this place?" Jack ask, distracted by the view.

"I really don't know" Daniel breathed, all too fascinated by this. Two large pillars stood in front of them, holding the roof. On each side of the pillars, laid two stone beds covered by a white blanket.

"This place is warm, I wonder who lit the torches" Sam commented.

"Perhaps we are not the first to discover P4C X94"

"Look! Drawings!" Daniel suddenly exclaimed, his voice echoing throughout the chamber. He quickly made his way down the ladder before Jack had time to protest and made his way to the second pillar where he had seen the drawings.

"For crying out loud!" Jack cursed and made his way down the ladder. Teal'c made sure the wooden door was correctly closed and even locked in case animals would penetrate during the night.

Sam approached one of the beds made out of stone and studied it carefully before slowly lifting the white blanket. She gasped and quickly dropped the blanket before stepping away. Jack turned to look at her with a concerned look "Carter?"

"Sir, I think you should look at this"

Jack and Teal'c walk towards her and look down at the bed. Teal'c lifted the blanket and Jack made a disgusted face and took a step backward.

"Holly Cow!" he burst when he found himself staring at a skeleton. It laid straight on the bed, it's hands laying on each side of it's body, fists clenched. It's mouth was wide open as if it has been screaming.

"Daniel, did you figured out what kinda place this is!?" Jack glanced at the archeologist reading the pillar.

"Not much, I think this place is some kind of burial chamber. There's several parts I don't really understand, the writing is so different from what I studied but I think it says everyone here are suppose to be the pure ones... "

Jack raised his eyebrows at him and walk away from the skeleton "Burial Chamber? Any curse lying around too?" he half teased and suddenly spotted another door at the end of the room.

"Keep on reading, Daniel" he quietly said before making his way towards it. Sam quickly followed him but Teal'c joined Daniel instead.

There was only an entrance but no door. On the other side, it was dark and cold. Taking his flashlight again, Jack walked in and carefully studied the room. They were in a smaller chamber, way smaller; it reminded him of his own living room. There were four torches on each wall but there was no fire burning. The walls were filled with writings and drawings: a dream place for Daniel.

They lit the torches before exploring the chamber more carefully under the light. The ground was sandy and the walls were made out of a brown rock. Sam made her way deeper in the chamber and found there was a little crack in the wall. Curious, she eyed it before leaning on it slightly. Without any warning, it opened itself up violently and Sam fell on the other side, letting out a cry of pain as she reached the floor.

"Carter!" Jack called out and quickly made his way to the opening. He noticed there was several stairs made of stones, and it led down to another chamber but this one was not as wide as the first but bigger than the second.

"Carter!" Jack almost shouted when he didn't hear her answer. Sam moaned in pain "Here, sir" she managed to say. Jack carefully walk down the stairs and found her on the ground. Obviously she ended her fall abruptly on the last step.

"You ok?" he ask concerned. Sam nod slowly has he helped her standing up "I'll live" she answered and touched the cut on her forehead. Meanwhile, Jack glanced around the chamber, keeping a firm hold on her sleeve.

Far on the floor laid many broken bones and skeletons, and nothing else was to be seen near the entrance except some great empty jars and broken pots.

"Oh my god" Sam whispered in horror, tensing a little.

"I'm beginning to think no one left this planet after all" Jack commented and look at the roof. It was ceiled tight and made of hard rock and dirt.

"You don't think they were buried here alive, do you?" Sam ask quietly. Jack struggled and glanced back at her.

"I don't know, hopefully Daniel will get the inscription done so we can get the hell out of this place!" Sam nod her agreement and they walk out of the chamber, closing the now visible rock door behind them.

"Daniel! Teal'c!" Jack called out and dropped his bag in the smallest chamber. Daniel and Teal'c arrived quickly but stopped when they saw Sam's cut on her forehead.

"What happened?" Daniel ask worriedly.

"There's another chamber behind this, it's full of bones and skeletons. Let's say Carter opened the door for us" he resumed and took out the med kit. Daniel's eyes drifted to the walls and lit up with fascination and curiosity.

"We ought to stay here longer!" he breathed and made his way to the first wall and clumsily dropped his back pack before touching the writings.

Jack didn't answer and cleaned Sam's cut before getting an infection. The chamber was soon getting warmer and comfortable. Hours passed and everyone was still there. Daniel sat on his jacket, paper and pen in hand. Teal'c and Jack were also sitting on their jackets. Jack was telling him a story about his latest visit to Minnesota and his cabin. Sam got bored of staying still and not doing nothing, so decided to venture herself in the first chamber.

"I think I have something" Daniel started, interrupting Jack and Teal'c. Jack sent him an annoyed look "In the middle of my story?!" he whined. Daniel ignored him and gathered some papers in front of him.

"The planet is called Agara. There were hundreds of people living here but they weren't advanced in technology. I only found some information about their beliefs. I have to warn you that in that part I may have made a few errors. It's a very complicated language and I had some hard time translating it. I read that the people had two different beliefs. Either you worshipped the pure or the evil. Apparently, their biggest wish was to spread peace and pure among the universe and stop all hate and wars"

"They'll find it a dead-end when they'll get to Earth" Jack sarcastically commented. Teal'c raised a questioning eyebrow but Jack just struggled.

"Is this all, Daniel Jackson?" the jaffa ask the young archeologist. Daniel nod and let out a deep sigh "Yeah, I have other stuff to translate. I'll get back to you later" Teal'c bowed and stayed silent. Jack excused himself and stood.

"I'll check up on Carter" he told everyone and left the chamber. Teal'c settled down more comfortably on his jacket and got himself in deep state of Kel'no'reem.

"Carter!" Jack called out once he reached the other side.

"Sir?" Sam answered and stepped out from behind one of the pillars, and look at him curiously. Jack casually made his way towards her and grinned.

"Making small talk with the skeletons, Carter?" he teased.

"At least they listen, sir" Sam joked and smiled. Jack chuckled in amusement and stopped beside her "So, what'cha doing?" he ask, looking around the pillar. Sam led him behind the first one and showed him a very large and colourful drawing.

"Wow, what is it?"

There were many colours on the drawing and Sam suspected it meant important things. Then when she noticed a grey round circle surrounded by green strokes and dots, Sam finally figured out what it was.

"I think it's a map, sir"

"A map? How do you know that for certain?"

"Well, look here. This grey circle may represent the stargate itself. The green strokes and dots, this might be the forest and grass. The blue lines, I think this may mean it's a lake or river of some sort," Sam explained carefully.

"Now it does look like a map" he agreed and frowned again "And what is this?" he ask, pointing at a bright white star in the middle of many green circles.

"I don't know, sir. This could be anything, maybe Daniel can figure it out later"

Jack nod his agreement and dropped his hand from the pillar and look around him. He had to admit it was intriguing to discover a place that was beautiful and deserted but the danger that laid blindly in front of them made him stay focused and ready.

"Did Daniel find anything?" Sam's voice broke Jack out of his thoughts. He nod quickly as if suddenly remembering what Daniel told them earlier.

"yeah, something about the people's beliefs. The planet is called Agara by the way. Daniel told us something about the people wanting to spread pure and peace across the universe, making the universe a better place" he explained with a hint of sarcasm.

"Oh and that's it?"

"That was it, yeah," Jack agreed.

A small breeze was felt around them, making the blankets on the rock beds slightly move. The wooden door was softly wincing, the flames lighting the torches wildly danced and hit against the wall but never fully burned out. The breeze left them and everything turned back to normal.

Sam and Jack shared a concerned look with each other and felt as if they were being watched. Jack cleared his throat and look down to his major "Maybe we should head back to the others" he suggested. Sam nod and followed him.

Daniel was still sitting on the floor, eyes locked with the wall and lost deep in his thoughts. Teal'c was still in his Kel'no'reem and sat quietly in a corner of the chamber.

"Ok, Daniel. Time to hit the sack!" Jack called out. Daniel groaned and immediately tried to argue, "Jack, I have so little to finish with. It's amazing how many stories it's written on these walls. Give me several more minutes and I'll be finish"

Jack snort "Of course you will" he replied sarcastically "A few minutes and then you're done!" he ordered and glanced back to his 2IC.

"We have clock set for the night. Who's first?"

"I shall take first watch" Teal'c replied and made his way towards them. Sam and Jack jumped at the sound of his voice and glared at him briefly.

"Ok, I go second. Carter, you up for the third?" he ask, glancing back at her.

"Yes, sir"

"Daniel, you're the fourth! And please, wake yourself up this time. Carter can't always keep herself awake during your watch all the time, clear?!"

Daniel mumbled something and nod distracted and wrote something in his journal. Jack sighed and everyone prepared their sleeping bags.

"Wait! Wait!" Daniel suddenly spoke loudly, taking everyone's attention "I have important info that can't wait for tomorrow" he said and look at his team. Jack let himself drop on his sleep bag and waved at him to start. Sam sat down next to him and listened carefully at what he had to say.

"Apparently, the Agara people also had a few rituals" Daniel started.

"What kind of rituals, Daniel Jackson?"

Daniel took a deep breath and lock gaze with them "Sacrifices"

"What?!" Jack gasped in disbelief.

"Let me finish!" Daniel retorted and glanced down at his papers. "Every few days, they would sacrifice someone in some sort of temple. Several parts here I don't really understand either but I think they say that they are sacrificing all people who they thought had an evil soul"

"That's harsh" Sam couldn't help but comment.

"There was a priest in charge of these rituals. His name was. Wait a minute. Jadaris! He and close servants were the only ones who knew where the rituals took place and the only ones who had permission to assist. After the rituals, the bodies were taken in a chamber called Chamber of darkness and to be left without care. Only the ones that were pure were treated with care and placed in Chamber of Light"

"Wasn't there anyone on Agara that knew how sick that was?" Jack ask, unable to control his anger.

Daniel struggled "No, apparently the King of Agara died of a mysterious illness and Jadaris became his replacement. The King's wife fell in love with him and had their first son called Danar"

"Do you know what has happened to the people of Agara, Daniel Jackson?"

"Yes and no. Jadaris was the type to lock himself for days in a underground chamber and only get out when sacrifices were needed, He often repeated to his wife and close servants he was sent to our universe in order to achieve a journey then he would depart. Of course, no one took him seriously and ignored his sayings. In a matter of months only, Jadaris killed everyone from his village for the exception of his son and several servants and wife. He told them he was now waiting for the Chosen to come and his journey was to be completed. Jadaris killed 665 persons in total"

"Crazy family" Jack spoke softly.

"It's terrible" Sam replied in disbelief. She was starting to wonder if she'll ever be able to keep her watch during night without freaking out.

"Then perhaps these are the Chambers where they laid the dead bodies," Teal'c suggested. Daniel nod thoughtfully "It does make sense. I remember reading about the first Chamber was for the Pure and maybe the second is dedicated for the Evil," he answered.

"Daniel, are you saying that the four lonely skeletons lying in the first chamber were the only ones pure in the whole village while all other hundreds were evil? We're talking about more than half a God Damn village here!" Jack retorted in disbelief.

"Like I said, Jack. I don't understand some part of these writings. We may have jumped a few important points in their history"

Jack sigh and nod "Ok, now that you're finish, everyone'll hit the bags!" he ordered.

Everyone quietly slipped in their sleeping bags while Teal'c stepped away to stand guard. They decided to keep the torches running over night for the warmth. Once everyone were in and ready for sleep, none could close their eyes but could only stare at the ceiling for long minutes before finally giving up to sleep. It was silent and the sound of the fire echoed softly against the walls.

Teal'c walked around the first room, making sure everything was at their place and there were no intruders. The wooden door was closed and locked, in the same position where he had left it earlier today. Hours passed and O'Neill was to stand guard next. Almost unable to sleep, he let Teal'c sleep and made his own way around the chambers.

He wouldn't go anywhere without his weapon and clearly told everyone else the same. He glanced around the first chamber and stared at the skeletons longer than intended. He spent his time walking around and yawning until suddenly he heard footsteps behind him. His back straighten up quickly and his hands slowly grabbed his gun. He quickly turned around and was surprised to see Sam at the entrance.

"Sorry if I startled you, sir" she apologized, slightly tired.

"Carter, what are you doing awake?" Jack ask, lowering his gun and making his way towards her.

"I'm ten minutes from my watch and I can't sleep anyhow, sir" she explained and gave him a weak smile. Jack sigh and look down at his watch. She was right, his watch was going to finish pretty soon.

They both fell silent and Sam glanced around her at the empty chamber. There was something about this place that Sam really hated and couldn't wait to get back home.

"Is there anything unusual I should know about?" she ask, looking back at him.

"Nope, everything's quiet. Too quiet if you ask me. I can't wait to get home and leave this planet behind," he concluded.

"Me too" she quietly replied, lowering her eyes on her P90. Jack noticed her discomfort and glanced back at his watch once again.

"Look, my watch's finished. You want me to hang around for a while longer?"

Sam smiled, touched by his concern but shook her head "No, I'm going to be fine, sir. You look like you need sleep more than anything else"

"Maybe not anything else but I do need sleep" he grinned at her. Sam smiled "Good night, sir. See you tomorrow"

"Wake me up if anything seems wrong and don't take Daniel's watch again. No matter how adorable he is when he sleeps, you need rest too" Sam laughed softly and nod "Fine, sir. Good night"

"Good night, Carter" Jack waved and, with one last look around, left for his sleeping bag in the other chamber.

Sam was left alone in the chamber, in the silence of the night. She couldn't deny she was nervous and scared. Of course she would have liked her CO to stay with her a little longer but knew he was already sleeping on his feet. She sighed and made her way around the chamber. She hated the feeling of constantly being spied on, even though there was absolutely no one there with her.

A couple of hours later, Sam was starting to become tired and there was less than twenty minutes left of her watch. She was sitting against one of the pillars, facing the entry of the chamber where her team mates were sleeping. Suddenly, a noise of breaking rocks was heard. Sam jumped to her feet and backed away from the pillars. She was sure it came from behind her and slowly lifted her gun.

"Hello?" she whispered, loud enough for someone to hear her. Her heart started to quicken its heartbeats and Sam breathed deeply. She stepped away from behind the pillars and started to have the sight of the front of the chamber. She frowned when she saw the wooden door wide open as if never been closed.

"What the..." she whispered to herself but was interrupted when she heard a noise behind her. Turning around abruptly, Sam gasp in horror when she saw someone running towards her. Sam let out a very short scream before being knocked down unconscious and dragged out of the cave.

The next morning, SG-1 stirred and woke up. Jack groaned as he sat up "Gosh I hate sleeping on the ground!" he cursed and look around him. He spotted Daniel sleeping soundly in his sleeping bag and Jack snort.

"Daniel! Did Carter woke you up last night?"

"O'Neill, it appears major Carter is not here" Teal'c took their attention. Daniel suddenly shook his head "I don't remember her waking me up at all"

Jack was on his feet and made his way to the first chamber "Carter!" he called out anxiously. There was no reply and Jack started to get nervous.

Daniel and Teal'c came out of the second chamber as soon as they could "What's wrong?" Daniel suddenly ask.

"Carter's missing, that's what's wrong!" Jack barked angrily.

"O'Neill!" Teal'c called out for his friends. Jack and Daniel ran towards him and slowed down in disbelief when they saw her gun and blood stained lying next to it.

"Sam was hurt," Daniel acknowledged with a sudden fear "Why didn't we hear anything?"

"Pack up! We're going topside!" Jack ordered. Daniel was the first to run in the previous chamber and buried his note books and papers in his pack clumsily, ready to leave for topside. Jack grabbed his jacket and pulled it on before making his pack. He hesitated a little when he saw Sam's things lying motionless on the sandy ground. He closed his eyes briefly before packing her bags and pulling her pack on his shoulders.

"Everyone ready?" he ask, stepping out of the second chamber. Daniel and Teal'c quickly joined him, flashlight in their hands and nodding "We are, O'Neill"

"Let's Go!" Jack ordered and the men walked out of the chambers and followed the tunnel to the outside of Agara. Once again, the planet was beautiful and quiet. The men looked around, hoping to find some traces where Sam could have been brought during the night.

"It's going to be a hard search, Jack. Where to begin?"

Jack was worried to make the wrong decision and only separate from her further more. He eyed his surroundings carefully, hoping to find a trace that would tell him where to start. His eyes fell on a blood stained on the ground, hidden by the leaves and bushes.

"Let's head off in this direction" he broke the silence before taking Sam's pack on his shoulders again and walking away. The men walked in silence, only shouting Sam's name once and a while but never received any answers. Hours passed and the day was almost over. Jack was beginning to become very anxious and angry.

"I thought there wasn't suppose to be life on this planet!" he started abruptly. Daniel shook his head "There wasn't. We did a complete analyses with the MALP and the UAV!" Daniel protested.

"You think Carter decided to take a walk and lost herself? For crying out loud, Daniel!" Jack retorted furiously.

"Major Carter is true to her duties, she would have advised us before leaving, Daniel Jackson" Daniel sigh "I'm not saying Sam took a walk and lost herself. But I don't understand who or why someone would want to kidnap her!"

"Whatever" Jack breathed under his breath and continued leading the way. The few hours from nightfall finally passed and the rest of SG-1 were obligated to stop the search for the night and eat. They hardly ate all day and needed their strength back. Finding no other cave or shelter, they decided to camp outside and ignore the uncomfortable noises of the dark forest. Jack made a fire and sat down quietly in front of it and stared at the flames. There was now no breath of wind stirring; the night was still and quiet, and a chill was in the air.

Daniel and Teal'c finally joined him after setting their tents and sleeping bags. They sat on the opposite side of the fire and ate in silence, each lost in their own thoughts. Jack glanced away from the flames and to Daniel and Teal'c, then back at Sam's gears next to him. He couldn't come to term that she was totally unarmed and they had no trace of her whatsoever on this deserted alien planet. He knew getting angry with his team mates would lead them nowhere but he couldn't think of nothing else but imagine how scared Sam could be at this very moment. If she was still alive, that is. Jack mentally slapped himself for thinking of such thing.

"Better keep the fire running for the night. I'll stand guard first and wake you up when your time comes" he spoke softly. Without another word, Daniel and Teal'c stood in silence and made their way to their tents.

Jack sat motionless, staring at the fire and letting his mind wander. He stayed staring at the fire for long couple of hours before hearing some noises that made him snap out of his thoughts. He lifted his head and look around, unconsciously reaching for his weapon lying on the ground next to him.

The noises weren't clear but Jack was sure it was some kind of muffled cries. By the time the sound was clearer, Jack could now tell for sure it was cries for help. A sudden fear took control of him as he stood abruptly. By the level and the tone of voice, it was as if the person tried to escape or was beaten. The sound quickly came to an end and the woods became once more dead quiet.

Jack on the other hand was still hesitating whether or not to wake his friends and tell them about the cries. Now it seems forever since the sound had stopped and Jack found no hope on waking his friends for nothing. The cries could have been from any directions and in the night, they couldn't have gone very far.

He sat back down on the ground and let out a long and desperate sigh. He look down at his hands holding his gun and found them slightly trembling. He dropped his gun abruptly and closed his eyes tightly. He hoped Teal'c would soon wake up so he could have some time for himself in peace in his own tent.

--

Sam slowly opened her eyes but couldn't focus on the sight around her. She tried to move but suddenly winced in pain when she found herself cuffed and chained to somewhere. Closing her eyes and taking a few deep breaths, she reopened and studied where she was.

She found herself at the end of a very small cell. In front of her was a large iron door and beside it was attached to the wall a torch lit with fire. Sam turned her head and look around the cell. It was obviously beneath the ground, there were no windows whatsoever and the ground was made of rock and dirt and grass. She lowered her eyes to the strong iron cuffs around her wrists and at the one metre long chains locking her to the grey stone wall.

A thought just hit her when she found herself completely alone. There were no signs of her team mates anywhere around her. She tried to stand but moaned in pain and fell back abruptly on the ground. She was bruised on her back, arms and legs. The wounds seemed to burn with fire and she was worried she'd end up having a serious infection.

"Hello!?" Sam tried to call out but her voice never seemed to pass her throat. She tried to stand once again, leaning heavily against the chains and the wall. She was cold, frightened and alone. Sam closed her eyes as if closing her tears of fear away and let herself sit on the ground, ignoring the pain boiling through her skin.

She remembered being knocked unconscious during her watch back when she was with her team. But how long ago was it? She also vaguely remembered being tied down to some kind of tree. At the time she knew she was outside, though she was blindfolded. She still could feel the cold wind against her face and the pain the ropes tying her down caused her. At the time she knew she wasn't alone. There was someone out there with her. It's breathing was deep, noisy and hard. Its footsteps were loud as he walked and his cry was as piercing as the cries of an eagle.

It wasn't human and she knew it.

- - -

The next morning, SG-1 was awaken by the ray of sun streaming in their eyes. Blinking a couple of time, Jack finally arose and carefully eyed his surroundings. The day looked as perfect as any other days; warm and as welcoming. Daniel and Teal'c were soon up after him and Jack started to pack. They ate in silence before finding themselves walking in the woods again.

Daniel had barely slept the night before, his mind being too preoccupied by his friend's disappearance. Somehow, his consciousness told him there was a certain link about Sam's disappearance and the writings on the walls back in thecave. He mentally hit himself, frustrated when he couldn't get any answers.

Jack was taking lead again but not really knowing where to lead them. The woods were deep and confusing. The men found themselves turning several times in any direction they thought was the right one. Walking up and down several hills, passing rivers and clearings, they began to think they didn't know where they were going.

Suddenly, Jack stopped abruptly by the side of a river "This place is like a God Damn maze!" he shouted angrily, his angry tone echoing throughout the woods. Daniel jumped slightly at his anger and decided he was in no position to speak, knowing he might only get Jack angrier.

Jack spoke again; his voice was quieter but heavy. "Lay off and let's rest a little. We'd do Carter no good if we kill ourselves"

Daniel dropped his pack and couldn't maintain a small sigh of pleasure as the heavy baggage left his shoulders. Teal'c stayed standing, only putting his pack down quietly and waited.

Jack knelt beside the river and refreshed himself before sitting down, head in his hands. In a very long time had he ever felt this much helpless. His own second in command was out there, somewhere in this forsaken forest. All military thoughts escaped him to give him quiet time to grieve over the woman he cared for's disappearance.

For a few minutes, Daniel and Jack were sitting at a distance from each other while Teal'c made his way around the nearby trees. Breaking the heavy silence, Teal'c called out for his team mates hurriedly. Jack and Daniel were on their feet in less than a second and marched towards him.

"Found something?" Jack suddenly ask.

"I believe I have, O'Neill" Teal'c bowed and walked away from their front and motioned a tree behind him. It was a long, dark and thin tree. A rope was seen lying loose around it and stained with blood. Daniel slowly felt himself beginning to feel the fear and stress invade his body. He couldn't tear his eyes away from the scene and knew if he didn't soon look away, he'd loose it. Knowing his friend had probably been here, tied up to this tree with no care and injured, he had a hard time believing it. Looking away from the tree with a quick turn, his eyes filled with painful tears as he shout Sam's name as loudly as his emotional voice allowed.

"Sam!!"

Jack didn't even flinched at the desperate scream his team mate let out next to him. His emotions were being kept under his strong mask and as deep inside him as it allowed. The feeling he felt wasn't describable, he couldn't think of anything else but to imagine the pain and sufferance Sam had faced during her time tied up to this dead tree.

"The blood is fresh, perhaps a night ago. We should take this as a good sign, O'Neill. We are in the right direction to find major Carter"

Jack didn't answer but nod shortly before returning to the river's side and grabbed his and Sam's pack on his shoulder.

"We're leaving!" he spoke, his voice being maintained at a low and heavy tone one again. Daniel, who still couldn't control his tearful eyes, slowly took his pack from the ground and waited for Teal'c.

The tree men crossed the cold water of the river and marched their way through the woods once again. The path beyond the river wasn't as nice as before. They encountered many fallen trees, piles of stones and rocks, hills and clearings. The woods had a certain coolness now since they had crossed the river. The sun wasn't shining as much as it used to and the temperature lowered itself at some point where the men had to pull their jackets on.

Keeping on walking, Daniel slowly let his mind wander again back to the cave. Rethinking of all the scenes they had witnessed since Sam's disappearance, he suddenly came to a horrifying conclusion.

"Jack!" he gasp.

Jack didn't stop and either did he pause, but answer him distracted.

"What is it, Daniel?" The young archeologist jogged to get next to him, and look at him seriously.

"I had some quiet time for my thoughts and came to some conclusion" he started.

"Let's hear it, it's not like we're getting anywhere!" his voice rose slightly at his last words but kept on walking. Daniel nod and explained.

"I know all this sounds a little stupid, but hear me out. I couldn't keep my mind off the writings back in the cave. Jadaris said he was on a mission, a journey to be exact but we never knew what it was. He killed 665 people in sacrifices..."

"Get to the point!" Jack cut him off.

"Jack, when we thought the four lonely skeletons were the pure ones we were wrong. Jadaris didn't worship the pure or the good, he was on with the Evil. I know what I'm about to say sounds totally unreal, but Jadaris killed 665 people and still waited for the Chosen. What if Jadaris is still here or maybe his own son, and Sam was to be the Chosen to be sent to sacrifice. Jack, if he's waiting for another, this will create 666 and you know what's that number"

Jack finally stopped dead in his track and glance at him with serious and confused eyes. After a moment of staring, he slowly raised his eyebrows "Daniel, are you suggesting Satan is part of Carter's disappearance?" he ask with a hint of sarcasm and disbelief.

"Like I said, it may be a coincidence but it makes sense. Jadaris wanted to spread pure throughout the galaxy. Now that we know he's on for the Evil, he may as well create something more horrifying than the Goau'lds"

Jack sighed and look around the woods around them, then back at him "And how does that help us on finding Carter?"

Daniel lowered his eyes to his feet and his voice was quieter "It doesn't, I just thought this might help us deal with our current situation"

"Let me get this straight, Daniel. You tell me that this Jadaris is still out there and worshipping 'Satan' and Carter's the Chosen to spread all Evil in the universe?"

Daniel nod again "Yes, if we don't find Sam soon, we might be too late. So in other words, if they sacrifice Sam, Earth and every other planets will be doomed to death or worst"

Jack didn't say another word and started to walk again. He was slightly angry at the archeologist for telling him all this. He didn't need anything worst right now than to get Carter. Now that he knew what they were facing and the fact that Sam was their missing link, she meant everything to them to get their plans on the road. He pushed the unwanted thoughts away and concentrated on the problem at hand. Find traces of Sam as soon as possible and get her out of harm's way just as quick.

- - - Sam was abruptly awakened from her uncomfortable sleep when the iron door suddenly snapped open with a violent thrust. Opening her eyes slowly, she tried to sit against the wall and make up the figures in the entrance. They were two and both dressed in black robes. The sight was strong enough to send shivers right down her spine.

The first one stepped in the cell and made his way towards her. Stopping a few feet away, he laid out his arms to give her a white piece of clothing. With a hard and demanding tone, he spoke.

"Change yourself!"

Sam stared at him with curious and disbelieving eyes. It took all her strength for her to speak.

"Who are you and where am I?"

Her words seemed to anger the man more as the other crossed the room and violently slapped her across the face, sending against the floor.

"You do not speak! Dress at once!" the first ordered and threw her the white clothing. Dizzy and hurting, Sam pulled herself off the floor and glance at the clothing lying next to her. Tears of pain filled her eyes and with shaky hands, she reached for it and found out it was a long dress.

Sam was at least grateful the men stood outside while she dressed herself. They made sure she was free of her chains and left her for a few minutes only. Once they were back, Sam was angry with herself at the thought she had a chance to free herself. Her bruises kept her from moving to her liking though. Limited in her movements, she couldn't fight or run.

While the men chained her once again, she lowered her gaze to the long white dress she had been ordered to put. It was a white sleeveless dress. Her shoulders were bare as long as her back. It was the very first time she fully saw her bruises. They were dark and purple, leaving some red skin around them. She was bootless, leaving her bare feet and shivering.

"You shall come with us!" the man beside her suddenly spoke, grabbing her by the arm and pushed her towards the door. Sam tried very hard not to scream as the pain rushed throughout her. The men's grips tighten on her bruised arms, sending tears to her eyes.

She tried to look around where they were going but only came to a conclusion that they were underground. The hallways were lit by torches and were made of hard stone. The air was very cool and Sam was not dressed for low temperatures.

They arrived in front of an ordinary brown door and the men pushed the door open and threw Sam in. Landing hard on the stoned floor, she slowly lifted her eyes to see a man making his way towards her. He was someone Sam wouldn't want to take a challenge with. His dark brown eyes were the most serious she had ever seen. He was pale, tall and thin. His black hair rested behind his ears and mostly covered by the brown little hat he wore.

"Leave us!" he ordered with a harsh voice that made Sam involuntarily jump. The men bowed and closed the door on their way out. The man turned his attention back to Sam and made his way around her, as a wild animal studying it's pray.

"Rise!" he ordered.

Sam pushed herself to her feet, ignoring the dizziness she was suddenly feeling. The man studied her more carefully before taking a few steps forward and grabbed her face by the chin.

"Hair of the sun's color. Eyes blue as the sea" he spoke softly as if making mental notes, and let go of her, sending her back on the floor. Sam winced as she landed and tried to keep her distance from the man in front of her.

"My father will like you" he spoke and returned to his seat further away. Sam started to wonder if she had been taken from P4C X94 and to another planet. The last she remembered about Agara was it being deserted, unless they were wrong.

"We have been waiting many years for you" Sam's attention was brought back to the man sitting in his chair, smiling dangerously at her. Sam took a deep breath and made her best not to look intimidated by him.

"Who are you?" Sam demanded on her turn. She tensed when she saw his eyes grow wide and a sudden smile played on the edge of his lips.

"I am Danar, Son of Jadaris. Why do you wish to know my name when it will be useless in your future?"

Sam gasped as she heard the names that were previously pronounced by Daniel back at the cave. Her mind denied the possibilities that this man was truly the son of Jadaris. Jadaris, the man who killed his entire village by telling them he was on a journey.

"You remember my name and my father's. You and the men that came with you through the Circle of D'la also known as the Stargate"

Sam frowned in curiosity "How do you know that?"

Danar ignored her question and stood. He clapped his hands together once and smiled patiently down at Sam.

"Tonight you will be taken to the Eneah River. My father and I shall be there to witness"

Sam wanted to ask more questions about what he meant but the door opened and the same men that took her brought her back to her cell just as violently. Throwing her in, they locked the door and left.

Sam was no longer chained to the wall but left her with her iron cuffs. Sighing, she let herself sit against the floor with nothing else to do but wait until dark.

- - -

Night came quickly and the men from SG-1 were forced to camp for the night. They were by another river's side, whether it was the same or another, they weren't sure. Pitching their tents, Teal'c was in charge of the fire. Daniel took his note books from his bag and started reading them while Jack decided to take a small walk by the river.

The night was clear, cool and tremendously calm. The sky was clear of all clouds, giving a beautiful sight of shining stars and a great round moon.

"We should have found her by now!" Jack broke the silence as his steps neared the camp. Daniel and Teal'c look up when he saw him come nearer and sit beside Daniel.

"I'm sure Sam's keeping her ground. She's strong, she wont let anything happen to her without a fight" Daniel reassured his friend.

"Daniel, we found a rope stained with blood, blood traces on the ground and leaves. She's completely unarmed and caught up in this whole sacrifice-thing. From what I just saw, she can't keep her ground for much longer!" Jack protested

"Ok, Sam might be injured. That doesn't mean we wont find her!"

"I'm not saying we wont find her. We damn will find her even if it takes us eternity but the question you should be asking yourself now is, Will it be too late for her when we'll find her?!" Jack glared at him. Daniel closed his mouth and decided to stay quiet.

The soft sound of the fire made their mind drift to their past couple of days. They managed to keep some food ration and expand them for more than a few days but soon there'll be no more. A new noise was added to the burning fire and the men look up in unison.

The noise was faint but there. Jack remembered a night ago a sound also identical to this one. A struggle, gasps and moans. The tree men stood quickly and walked away from the fire, trying to determine where it was coming from.

"Sam?" Daniel suggested with a tearful voice.

"Maybe" Jack whispered.

The gasps echoed louder as they neared the river. Teal'c and Daniel extinguished the fire and made their way back to the river's side with Jack. They were lucky the night was so calm and clear, so noises from further off were so clear to them. For a moment it was silent again and the men started to wonder if they had left. But after a few minutes, they heard the voice of a man cry out almost in pain quickly followed by a scream and gasps.

"Oh God" Daniel whispered and his fist clenched.

Men's voices were heard and Jack knew there was more than one. He took several steps forward and listened carefully.

"I have power over you, and you dare not deny me!" one shouted with a harsh voice. There was another gasp and water sounds. For several minutes they heard water noises but no voices.

Jack look back at Daniel and Teal'c "We're going. Take what's important and let's go!"

Daniel and Teal'c were a little unsure of his decision but did what he asked. Teal'c was the only ones with a back pack where MREs, flashlights and Daniel's notes were placed in and left camp. They followed the stream slowly and softly. They jumped slightly when they suddenly heard faint singing. Giving them a lead, they marched faster.

- - -

Sam was brought outside by the same rude men and blindfolded. There were two other men as guardians in front of them and Danar was quietly walking behind. She still didn't feel Jadaris's presence and didn't know if she was wanted to meet him or not. Again bare feet; her feet were bruised by stepping on the rocks and branches lying on the cold and damp ground of the woods.

"Eneah River and Jadaris are not far. Hurry!" Danar ordered.

Sam felt a pressure on her arms and being pulled faster. She didn't know how long they were walking but her feet started to get tired without mentioning the strong dizzy feeling that returned. Without any warning, they stopped suddenly and everything was calm. She felt hands on the back of her head and the blindfold was taken off her eyes.

Sam found herself in the middle of the woods and standing beside a stream. The stream glittered by the moon and the stars' light. The water was of a dark blue and obviously looking very cold. The sound of someone approaching took Sam's attention and quickly turned around to see who it was.

She saw Danar bowing his head slightly has another dark figure appeared from among the trees. He was a man in his fifties wearing a long black robe and a small black hat. The old man acknowledged Danar with a curt nod and his eyes fell on Sam. The major frowned when she saw his eyes narrowed on her and studying her from head to toes. His eyes were piercing and dangerous.

"My Son, I have received your message. Is this the Chosen you have written about in your message?" the old man started. Danar look away from him and his eyes fell dangerously serious on Sam.

"Yes, father. This is the one I think is the Chosen. Before making any plans, I have thought it would be better to advise you, Grand Master, and be sure of my decision"

The man nod at Danar "Good, you have done well, Son of Jadaris" Danar stood away from the man and stepped aside. The old man approached Sam slowly and studied her carefully.

"What makes you think this is the chosen?" he started.

Danar look at him with confident eyes "She is as pure as she is beautiful. Her hair is of the color of the sun as her eyes the color of the sea" he answered,

The old man bowed, acknowledging his words. He stepped away from the major and Sam visibly relaxed a little and let out a nervous sigh she didn't know she was holding.

"I am agreeing with you, Son of Jadaris. You have done great work so far, My Son"

Danar smiled, pleased of his work, and bowed respectfully "Thank you, Grand Master Jadaris. I have promised I would never fail you, Father"

Sam's eyes grew wide as the name Jadaris echoed in her mind. Her eyes darted from Danar and rested on the old man in shock and horror. Grand Master Jadaris made his way next to his son Danar and look at the two servants next to Sam.

"Start the Bathe!" he ordered.

Sam frowned, slightly anxious of what he meant by that. The man at her right suddenly gripped on her arm and tried to pull her towards the cold water. Scared, Sam struggled and hit him in the face and pushed him on the ground. He let out a scream when his arm hit a large stone and was now obviously broken.

Grand Master Jadaris and his son stared in horror and Danar look back at Sam angrily. Jadaris took a step forward and lock gaze with Sam.

"I have power over you, and you dare not deny me!" he shouted.

The man on Sam's left suddenly grabbed her and violently threw her in the cold river. She let out a sudden scream and fell in the water. It wasn't deep, the water stopped to her knees but very cold. Her dress was now completely soaked and Sam was left to shiver. Without hesitation, the man stepped in the river and pulled her down to her knees and pulled out a knife before holding it to her throat.

"Do not injure her, fools!" Master Jadaris shouted angrily and stepped by the Eneah River's side. He look down at Sam with a terrible expression in his eyes.

"I tell you to stay silent and quiet while the Bathe if you do not wish you to be injured or wounded!"

Sam managed to nod quickly and softly, and the man holding the knife to her throat stepped back and came out of the water. Sam closed her eyes tightly and breathed deeply. Her heartbeats were still beating quick and had no intention to slow until she was still out there and not in the safety of her lonely cell.

A new man came from the woods and approached Jadaris and Danar. With a curt nod, he stepped towards Sam, bringing a large brown bag on his shoulder. Sam frowned as he stepped in the water before her and laid the bag on the solid ground next to him.

The man was visibly very old. He had white hair, his face was slightly pink and several of his teeth were missing.

The man, still nameless, took out a jar from his bag and two small wooden branches. Sam was getting more and more curious at all the weird items he kept taking out of his bag. Suddenly, he turned towards her with a violent twist and started chanting soft words in a language still unknown to her.

Sam tensed when he stepped towards her, holding in one hand the jar and the other the two branches. He bent down and scooped some water in the jar before waving the branches over her head. Sam started to wonder if he was doing anything like witchcraft. Without any warning, he threw the water from the jar over her head, making Sam gasp as the cold water fell down her bare shoulders and back.

Sam's lips started to change to a purple color as her cold body demanded warmth. Her feet and knees were numb from being under the cold water of the Eneah River for too long. Grand Master Jadaris and Danar stood on the shore, a look of pride in their eyes.

- - -

The men from SG-1 continued their way through the woods until they started to hear the voices slowly becoming louder. Anxious but careful, they slowed down and tried to make as less noises as possible and creep between the bushes in hope to see any faces.

They hurried themselves in a more comfortable position and took a deep and nervous breath before pushing the leaves of the bushes away from their view.

Two men dressed in black robes stood with their backs to them. A third was beside them but slightly turned towards them. The men could hear the sound of water splashing but these men blocked their view.

Daniel and Jack shared a curious and nervous look with each other before hearing soft noises behind them. Jack look at Teal'c and Daniel "Be quiet!" he ordered. Daniel struggled innocently and look briefly at Teal'c and back at Jack.

"We didn't do anything," he swore. It took them a few seconds before realizing they weren't alone anymore.

"Intruders!" they heard one shout.

"Shit!" Jack cursed and stood up quickly and fired his gun at the servants around surrounding them. Jadaris and Danar quickly turned around in surprise and angry.

"What is this!?" demanded Jadaris.

More servants came from the woods and the men from SG-1 quickly took cover. Sam pushed the nameless man in front of her and made a run through the water, trying to get to her team mates on the dry land.

"Don't let them get away!" shouted Jadaris. Danar look back at Sam and started to get anxious when she was slowly getting out of the water. Looking quickly at his personal servant, he ordered, "Don't let her get away!"

Not a second after Sam's foot touched the ground, that she felt herself being thrown back in the water. The servant grabbed her by the shoulders and pulled his knife to her throat.

"Stop or she will die!" he shouted, pulling the knife tighter

Everyone turned to look at him in disbelief and horrified. Grand Master Jadaris and Danar look back at the men from SG-1 with a small smile, indicating they have won the fight. Jack angrily threw his weapon away and stared at Danar and Jadaris. Daniel and Teal'c also threw their weapons away and immediately the servants and their swords surrounded them.

"Who are you!?" Jadaris marched towards them.

"Colonel Jack O'Neill, USAF" Jack retorted "Not that it's any of your business" he added angrily. Jadaris growled and hit him across the face, sending the colonel face to the ground with bloodied lips. Daniel and Teal'c quickly struggled out of the servants' grasp but the blades forbade them to go any further.

"Do not insult me, intruder!"

Jack snorted and pushed himself off the ground. He came face to face with Jadaris and held a serious eye contact with him. For a long moment, the air was thick and tensed. Jadaris smiled a little, a glint of mischief and torture in his dark brown eyes. He stepped backward, still holding Jack's eyes, and stopped beside his son.

"Do not kill them, Son of Jadaris. They will learn what torture is in a few days during the Tasera Moon"

Danar immediately glared at him in shock and disbelief "Father, I am sorry but you have given me no choice but to question your order. It is forbidden for anyone else to assist the Sacrifice!"

Sam, who now stood a little further next to them, quickly look up and spoke out loud "Sacrifice?"

"Be quiet!" ordered Danar's servant and hit her across the face, making her fall on the ground, wincing in pain. Jack and Daniel briefly struggled against the servants another time before being ordered to stay still.

Jadaris turned his attention back to his son "And why are you questioning me? I am telling you to let them pass. That is final! You do not have a say in my words. When the Chosen will be sacrificed, everything will change as long as I. My long Journey will finally take an end and you shall see what true powers I, Grand Master Jadaris, possesses"

Danar bowed respectfully "I have put my trust in you since Day One, Father, I shall continue to the very end"

Jadaris curtly nod and his eyes fell back on Jack and the rest of the men in SG-1.

"Bring them with you, My Son. Lock them underground until the arrival of the Tasera Moon and they shall see death come to them"

"As you wish, Father. I wish you luck on your return home through the woods"

Danar said his farewell to his father and ordered his servants to bring the intruders back with them. Jack, Daniel and Teal'c didn't have any private time with Sam and see how she was doing. She was kept apart, heavily chained and in front of them. They noticed she was bruised, tired and hurting.

Once back in Danar's underground prison, Sam and the others were ordered to be separated and none would be able to see Sam any time soon. Sam was sent back to her small and lonely cell while the others were brought in a cell far away from hers and heavily guarded. Small pieces of dried meat and bread were given to them but that was all. Hours later, Danar summoned Jack to his quarters in order to question him.

Jack was brought immediately and forced on his knees in front of Danar. Danar nod at his servants to leave them and look down at Jack.

"You have put yourself in harm's way for no reason" Danar started since Jack made no move to speak.

"You kidnapped one of my officers, it's a damn good reason!" Jack retorted.

"Yes, we did. But it is now different. Since we were meant to kill only the Chosen. If you wouldn't have come and try to rescue her from us, only her would have died. Now, because of your ridiculous decision, all your friends will have to die"

Jack look at him, not at all intimidated by him. "We would better want to die altogether than one alone and others to grieve!"

"Your ways of thinking are such unusual and ridiculous. In two days, when the Tasera Moon will rise from the Valley, you shall witness your friend's death before your very eyes and will have no saying of this. I shall take pleasure on killing you afterwards. Your presence sickened me!"

"I should say the same with you!" Jack replied harshly. "And don't you think we won't try to rescue her. I'll be damned if I'd let her die without a fight!"

Danar glanced back at him with a curious glint in his eyes "You would fight for her? Why?"

Jack's turn to frowned by the reversal of questioning. "She's a very good friend of mine, but I don't suspect you know anything about friendship. You lived all your life in misery, pain and murder!" Jack accused.

Danar visibly tensed and crossed the room quickly before hitting Jack as hard as he could. Jack winced and fell backward, feeling his bruised lips bleeding again.

"You do not have any rights on questioning my life. It does not concern you, intruder! As for your 'friend', there is no hope left for her. I will make sure you shall stand there and see her bleed to her last drop and her soul shall be ripped from her body. And there is nothing you can do to stop this" Danar smiled dangerously at Jack.

"Go to Hell!" Jack barked angrily, having enough of this conversation.

"Not me, but that is where you shall go after the Sacrifice" Danar mused and walk around his room. Jack carefully glared at him while he round the room slowly with a small smile on his lips. Jack hated this man for million of reasons. Not only had he captured his Second in Command but also he killed hundreds of innocent people before her and this, Jack would have never allowed it to happen.

"What are your thoughts at this very moment?" Danar's voice brought Jack back to the painful reality and look up at him.

"Like I'm gonna tell you!" he replied sarcastically.

Danar nod slowly "I should have known, the woman known as your officer is the centre of your thoughts right now"

"You're right on the second!" Jack spat.

"I am honored, but you are not in mines"

Jack started to feel his impatient growing stronger as his hands started to struggled against the tight iron chains holding his wrists behind his back.

"I am getting tired of this useless conversation. I will depart to my private and comfortable quarters while sending you to your dirty cell!" Danar started and clapped his hands together and two servants automatically walked in the room.

Jack was being pulled to his feet and Danar walked towards him "I suggest you to rest before the Sacrifice. If your friend is lucky, perhaps she will not feel the pain and sufferance when she will slowly die before your eyes" Danar began to laugh again while Jack felt the urge to make permanent damages on him. Trying to struggle his way out of the servants' grasp, he was violently brought back to his cell where Teal'c and Daniel anxiously waited for his return.

---

Sam was alone in her cell, her body was begging for food and the only thing that she was allowed to get, was plain water. She had a hard time keeping herself on her bruised feet; she had to lean against the wall in order to get her water at the cell's entrance. Taking forever to get there, her whole body ached in pain as she let herself sit down beside the door and eagerly drank the small portion of water she was allowed to have.

Her thoughts were too busy for her to concern herself of her bruises but more about her team mates. She didn't have time to speak with them and since she now knew what her destiny would be, she had a feeling she would never have a chance left to speak to them. They were locked up somewhere in Danar's underground prison, a location that Sam still ignored.

She closed her eyes, a wave of dizziness passing through her head once again. It has been like this since she was being kept here. The lack of food, lack of fresh air and infected bruises, Sam was miserably tired and weak. Whether this was another of Danar and Jadaris's plan, to weaken her so she couldn't free herself, she didn't know.

Feeling alone and hopeless, Sam couldn't do much but to think of the minutes passing by. If her team mates didn't find a way to free themselves and get her out of here before the Sacrifice would take place, there was no hope left for her. The last thing Sam ever wanted was for her friends to witness her dying. This was the most horrible torture someone could have thought of.

With her eyes closed, painful thoughts filled her mind as she slowly let herself into an uncomfortable sleep.

Night passed slowly and another day arrived. Sam slept most of the day, though she ignored whether she was unconscious or asleep. Her surroundings began to get warmer but after a moment Sam came to conclusion it was her starting a fever instead. Her feet had become infected along with a couple of bruises on her arms.

When she woke up again, she couldn't help but let tears fill her eyes. The thought of being killed scared her out of her mind. There were still no signs of her friends, whether they were dead already or being captive and being on the waiting list of her death. She had a feeling there was no way out of this one, no way to rescue herself or her friends from what was going to happen. She started crying helplessly and stood quickly.

She had nowhere to go, no place to hide. She was alone and waited to die. She sank on the floor as far away as possible from the door and hugged her knees tightly. She sobbed for the rest of the day.

- - -

Daniel woke at the sound of the door cell opening and two servants came to bring them their little breakfast: another piece of dried meat, bread and a cup of water. The servants clumsily put down the dirty plates where laid their food and departed from the cell, locking the door on their way out.

Daniel let out a nervous breath he didn't know he had been holding and look around himself. To his left, Teal'c was sitting against the wall, doing his Kel'no'reem. Looking away, his eyes fell on Jack sitting as far away as possible against a wall. The light from the torch couldn't reach that faraway corner, leaving Jack to sit alone in darkness, lost in his thoughts.

"You are awake" Daniel slightly jumped at the sound of Teal'c's voice. Snapping out of his thoughts, Daniel nod and look back at Teal'c.

"Yeah, I'm surprised I even found sleep after all that happened" he admitted.

"Colonel O'Neill has yet to rest also. He is much concerned about major Carter's and our fate. He has been thinking of a plan to escape since we were brought in last night," Teal'c told him, looking in Jack's direction. Daniel nod in understanding and followed his gaze briefly at Jack then back at him.

"Did he found something yet?"

"He has not say," Teal'c sadly informed him.

Daniel closed his eyes and nod sadly. The situation was far worst than any of them would have anticipated. This was no game. If they didn't found a way out of here soon enough, Grand Master Jadaris and his son Danar would set off tomorrow to sacrifice Sam. If seeing their friend being killed in front of them was torture, they couldn't even begin to think what plan Danar had in store for them afterwards.

"Any word from Sam?" he reopened his eyes and look hopefully at the jaffa.

"None"

Daniel nod and reached for his dirty plate and grabbed his small piece of dry meat. He stared at it for a long moment. It wasn't much; there was a large bone with small patches of dry meat around. Not the world's best food but Daniel had seen worst. He pulled the piece to his mouth and began eating the meat around the bone.

Jack kept staring at his team mates with great sadness and anger. He knew Teal'c was watching him like a hawk all night long. He couldn't bring himself to close his eyes when his team had been separated. He felt helpless and weak. He was constantly tensed and anxious whether what was going to happen next. His small 'chat' with Danar the night before confirmed Jack that this man was pure evil. He hadn't cared at all if he'd killed innocent people, women and children. Jack wished he'd knew more about the rituals and perhaps it might help him understand why they were doing these sacrifices. Daniel did inform him that they wanted evil to reign in the galaxy but why? Was there something written between the lines Jack still hadn't figured out it's meaning yet?

Sighing again, his thoughts went back to the only person who'd probably know the answers. At least Sam would have explained everything to him in order for him to know and understand more. All night long he was thinking of a plan to escape. Having thought of different scenarios, none seemed appropriate enough for their current situation. He rubbed his face with his hands, desperate to find a solution and quick. He opened his eyes once again and saw Daniel eating his dry meat. Not only his duty was to bring Sam home but Daniel and Teal'c too. The thought of anyone being killed in a ritual wasn't going to be left apart by Jack. He wouldn't leave without *all* his friends. That meant dead or alive.

A sudden glint of hope appeared in his desperate brown eyes has his eyes fell back on Daniel. He dashed towards him as quick as his legs would allow and grabbed the piece of meat from his hands. Surprised, Daniel's heart skipped a beat and suddenly backed away.

"Hey!" he retorted

Jack ignored him and stared down at the piece of meat in his hands. The piece of meat wasn't what he was happy to see but rather the bone itself. He look up at Daniel's puzzled and tired eyes and then at Teal'c's watchful eyes.

"This..." Jack started, lifting the bone "We can make a weapon out of this. Cut the edge and it's as sharp as a pocket knife"

Daniel studied the piece of dirty bone in Jack's hand and nod "You're right. But when are we going to use it? To kill the servants?"

Jack hesitated for a moment and smiled "I have a plan. Listen up"

Daniel and Teal'c quickly gathered around Jack and nod. Jack cleared his throat and began explaining.

"Teal'c and I will get into a fight. Daniel, you shout for help. Since that Jadaris folk doesn't want anything to happen to us, it's servant will have to interfere. Once the servant is in here, Daniel you stab him with this" Jack gave him the piece of bone. "I'll put on the servant's clothing and check out the surroundings" he quickly finished.

"What!?" Daniel gasped in shocked, "You can't be serious! Why can't we all go with you? Wasn't this a plan for escape?"

Jack nod "Because if Danar or other servants come and see the cell is empty, we'll have servants on our traces far too soon. Daniel, I need to see where they keep Carter, once I know where she is, we'll have a go to rescue her and get the hell out of here!"

"It is a dangerous plan, O'Neill. There is great chances you might get yourself caught" Teal'c told him seriously. Daniel nod his agreement quickly and worriedly.

Jack glanced at them and nod "I know, but we can't stay here until the sacrifice. Carter wasn't in a very good shape to fight. She looked pretty sick and bruised. We have to get her back home before she gets any sicker. I don't think Danar gave her anything to eat since she first came here. I'll make sure to bring her a small piece of bread if I find her" Jack finished.

"I'm not so sure about all this. Jack, there might be another way..." Daniel protested. Jack shook his head firmly "There's no other way without all of us getting caught. If we all go, we wont go far until they catch us. I'll switch clothes with the servant and he'll get my clothes"

"Very well" Teal'c nod his agreement. After a moment, Daniel nod on his turn, slightly frustrated "Ok" he breathed.

Jack and Teal'c stood together and nod at Daniel for him to begin to shout. Taking a deep breath, Daniel backed away near the door, holding the piece of bone in his hands tightly.

"Help! They're going to kill each other!" he startedshouting.

Jack and Teal'c started pushing themselves and knocking each other against the wall. It was softer than it looked and Jack was thankful for that. Daniel shouted again but was interrupted by the cell door opening and a servant making his way in.

"What is all this?" he angrily demanded. Daniel did not answer him and quickly stabbed him with the bone. Jack made his way to the door to see if there wasn't anyone else near. He came back, and Teal'c and Daniel handed him the servant's clothing.

"Make him looks like he's asleep" Jack ordered and pulled on the brown shirt the man used to wear. Teal'c brought the dead servant at the end of the room and laid him with his back to the door and pulled a small white dirty blanket over him. They walked back to Jack and helped him in his new clothing. Jack grabbed a piece of bread and made his way to the doorway once again.

"Ok, that's it. I have to go" Jack started and look back at his friends "Be careful. I'll be right back!" he promised and left the cell. Daniel and Teal'c watched him leave before closing the cell door again.

Jack silently crept down the cool and dark hallways of Danar's underground prison. There was far less torches than Jack would have anticipated. He could take this to his advantage. People wouldn't recognize him in the pale light and darkness. He continued his way down different hallways, hoping to get to Sam soon.

- - -

Sam's wrists started to get bruised by the tightness of her cuffs. Even though she tried not to move, it hurt her still. She had finally stopped crying, knowing there was no comfort coming from her lonely tears. She look up at the door cell and saw by the small window, two servants keeping guard on her. She wished she'd be stronger and less bruised. She could easily get herself out of here with her friends but Danar somehow got a strength none of them had ever seen before and this made SG-1 look weaker than usual.

Voices from outside took her attention. She turned her head slowly towards the door and frowned when she heard a man talk with the servants. Another wave of dizziness shot through her as she grimaced in pain. The cell doors suddenly open and Sam quickly tensed. A tall man dressed in brown pants and shirt with a long black robe covering his face entered. The doors closed behind him and the man stood still at the entrance.

Sam didn't know if she wanted to laugh or cry, shout or scream. She looked away and touched her swollen wrists.

"Carter" she heard the man calling out softly. She quickly looked back at the man and frowned. He quickly came towards her and pulled the hood from his face. Sam was relieved to see her CO kneeling in front of her in concern.

"Sir?" she ask hesitantly. He nod distracted and studied her carefully. She was far worst than he thought. She was pale, looking very weak and hungry. He reached in his pocket and slowly withdrew a piece of bread before handing it to her.

"Eat this, looks like you'll need it," he whispered. Sam took it slowly and look back at him curiously "Sir, what are you doing here?"

"I'm supposed to check your cuffs. Shh, I'm not suppose to be here as you know" he answered her and his eyes fell down on her tight cuffs.

"How long have you been like this?" he ask worriedly and slowly lifted his hand to touch her purple skin rubbing against the cuffs. Sam winced in pain and look back at him "I've been like this since they... kidnapped me, sir. You're going to get me out of here, right?" she ask softly. Jack lifted his eyes to meet hers.

"Not yet. We're working on that, Carter"

"The sacrifice is meant to be tomorrow!" Sam started to get agitated. Jack lowered his hands on her arms, keeping her still. He glanced back at the door, hoping the servants outside hadn't noticed their long chat.

"I know, Carter. I'm coming back to see you today. I have to go before they find out I was even gone in the first place. I'll bring back some food, I promise. Just hang in there just a little bit longer, ok?"

Sam shook her head, not able to keep her tears anymore "Don't go, I don't want to be alone" she pleaded. Jack closed his eyes, having a hard time dealing with this. He covered her hands with his and squeezed it softly.

"I promise I'll do quick. I'm not going to leave you here and neither will Teal'c and Daniel. Trust me, I'm not going to leave you"

"I'm scared," she finally admitted. Jack suddenly fought the urge of hugging her, but if ever the servants would catch them, they would arrest him in no time. He lifted his hands and touched the side of her cheek.

"I know, everyone is. We wont let you die, Carter, this you can count on it. We'll find our way out of this Hell and go back home. You have to have faith in us. I'm coming back today and bring you some more food"

Sam relented and nod sadly. She lowered her eyes on her small piece of bread and smiled "Thank you"

"Stay strong, Carter. We'll get you out of here"

Jack stroke the side of her cheek with his thumb softly and winked at her before making his way to the door again. The servants opened to him and locked it afterwards.

Sam lifted the piece of food and ate it slowly. She had never been so glad to eat bread before. His piece was enough to keep her hunger away for a while. Until his return.

- - -

Daniel and Teal'c waited nervously for the return of Jack. He was gone for a long while and they started to wonder if he'd been captured. Suddenly, they heard steps coming towards the cell and the two team mates quickly tensed. Two guards came to view and they knew Jack wasn't among them. The first opened the door and the second walked in.

"What is wrong with the third?" he ask when he saw the man in Jack's clothes lying on it's side further in the cell. Daniel and Teal'c shared a worried look and answered the servant's question.

"He's sleeping. It's been a long day for all of us and wished nothing more but to have some time to sleep" Daniel told him nervously. The servant looks back at Daniel curiously

"You are hiding something, intruder"

Daniel quickly shook his head "No! What do I have to hide? I'm in prison, am I not?" he tried to protest. The servant approached Daniel while the other made his way towards the man lying on the ground. Daniel went to argue not to wake him when the servant slapped his across the face.

"What are you not telling us?" barked the servant. Daniel was about to answer when a third servant walked in the cell, interrupting everyone "Danar's wishes were not to harm the intruders! What will he say if learns his close servants betrayed him!" barked the third servant.

The two others shared a knowing look and bowed at the third "You are right, we are wrong for harming the intruders. We hope none of this will get to Danar's ears and everything shall be forgotten and shall never be repeated again" the first started.

The third bowed "Well, now leave. I am to take watch for the rest of the night. I believe you have others to look after"

"Yes" the servants said in unison and left the servant alone with Daniel and Teal'c. Once the two were out of their sights, the third servant quickly pulled back the hood off his face and Daniel let out a relieved breath.

"Geez, Jack. Where did you learn how to speak like that?" Daniel ask and smiled at his friend. Jack quickly changed himself and buried the old clothes away underneath the dirt and grass along with the body.

"Have you been successful on finding major Carter?" Teal'c ask, making his way towards him. Jack sat down and breathed an "Oh yeah" before pulling on his last piece of clothing. Daniel sat next to him, clearly worried "How is she? Is she ok?"

"She got me worried. She doesn't look good, Daniel. She's bruised, lacked of food and weaker than I thought. She's been alone and locked away from everything since the beginning. The only time she saw light was back at the river"

"Will she make it?" Daniel ask again, this time quieter.

"If we get her out of here soon, yes! We have to make a plan before night. I promised to go back today with more food"

Daniel's eyes widen "Tonight?! Jack, this is being risky. Twice in the same day? I think you should wait for tomorrow morning" he insisted. Jack firmly shook his head.

"No, I promised her I would come back. She's holding on to that promise" Jack's voice faded softly.

"Ok, then. Bring her some more food. Are you sure they'll get you in again?"

"Yeah, I think I know what to say for letting myself in. Now we need a plan! You guys thought of any?" Jack glanced at his team mates.

"We have none, O'Neill" Teal'c admitted.

"Great!" Jack cursed.

- - -

As promised, Jack came back with more food. He also made sure to bring a damped tissue from his cup of water before coming back. He used it to clean some of her wounds. He was getting really worried about her health. She had two infected wounds on her legs and one on each arms. Some were deep and others were long. Her cell was cold and her small dirty dress that was now torn and half ripped off wasn't helping her staying warm.

"Do you have a plan now?" Sam's voice broke the silence. Jack cleaned her wrists the best he could, knowing every time the tissue touched her skin; pain was what Sam kept feeling.

"Not yet but we're thinking about it. We agreed that we have to try and free ourselves tomorrow during our way to the temple where..." he quickly stopped and lifted his eyes to hers. Sam nod in understanding "To where I'm suppose to be sacrificed" she finished for him and look back down to her hands.

"Yeah... Teal'c theorized there'd be at least four or five men bringing him, Daniel and I. You'll be chained and be kept by at least two servants. And then there's Danar"

"That's a lot of people to fight against. You're easily outnumbered," Sam argued.

Jack nod "Yeah, but that's our only time where we'll have sight of all of us together at the same time" he pointed out. "We managed to make ourselves some weapons from some bones. It's going to be useful for tomorrow. Once we get hold of one of their swords, everything else will be a piece of cake" Jack joked.

Sam smiled slightly and nod her agreement "That's seems like a fair plan. What if it doesn't work? You have a plan B?"

Jack stayed quiet and motionless. Sam look up at him and frowned "That's the only plan we have..." Sam sadly acknowledged.

"Only one to date. For sure we'll find something for a plan B" Jack reassured her.

"Sir, if you and the others gets free and there's no hope for me left..." Sam started but Jack cut her off abruptly "Carter, I order you to shut up. The plan is going to work and that is final!" Jack stubbornly stated.

"Fine, whatever you say, sir"

Suddenly, the cell door swung open and three guards followed by Danar came in. Jack quickly stood, knowing he was busted.

"Take him away!" Danar shouted angrily and pointed at Jack. Having only time to share one last look with Sam, Jack was dragged away from her cell and violently pushed towards his own. Danar closed the door behind them and stayed in Sam's cell. He turned back to look at her and growled.

"He shall regret coming here!" he started, his voice heavy with anger and revenge.

"I wouldn't count on it!" Sam spat at him.

Danar came across the room and hit her across the face "You have no rights to speak to me with this tone!" he groaned.

"I have all my rights to speak like I want. Certainly after you had just kidnapped me and killed innocent ones!" Sam retorted.

"If you were not to be the Chosen for the sacrifice, I would have killed you long ago. I had to admit that your beauty is of a rare one. I wouldn't mind having you as wife, but fate has brought you to Agara as the Chosen and none shall keep your sacrifice from happening!"

"Like I said, don't count on it!"

Danar suddenly smiled, sending shivers right through Sam's body.

"Oh, I am looking forward for your sacrifice. I am looking forward on seeing the look on your friends' faces as they see your soul being taken from the world of the livings to the world of the damned" the son of Jadaris suddenly spread his lips in a dangerous grin. Sam stayed quiet and stared at him in total disbelief.

"Take her! It is time for her Changes!" Danar ordered the last servant who stood by his side. Nodding, the man took Sam by the arm and followed Danar out of her cell. They marched down a darker and cooler hallway than Sam had seen since her days here. Danar opened a wooden door and Sam found herself in a room where laid a bath at the end and a stoned table on it's left.

"Why are you bringing me here?" Sam quickly ask.

Danar clapped his hands before answering her. "Tomorrow will be your sacrifice, you shall not pass to the Damned dress like you are now. The women will clean you, feed you and change your clothing. Also, they will prepare you for tomorrow's sacrifice"

Two women suddenly appeared from the entrance and bowed in front of Danar. The Son of Jadaris waved them away and look back at Sam briefly before walking passed her towards the door, followed by his servant.

The women quickly went over to Sam and led her towards the bath. Sam tried to protest but there was no use, the women were doing their duties stubbornly. They quickly and gently undressed Sam from her torn and half ripped dress and eased her in the warm, cozy water of the bath. Sam couldn't help but let out a relieved breath when she found her muscles relax.

The women took a sponge softly stroke Sam's skin. The major involuntarily winced in pain when it suddenly made contact with her bruises.

"Do not fear, young Chosen. It is not our duty to hurt you but to make this night a healthy one. We must clean you of your dirt and you shall be given new clothing" one of them told Sam. Sam look at her with a both curious and surprised expression on her face.

"So, you *do* talk" Sam started "What are your names?"

The woman who previously spoke bowed at her and smiled softly "I am named Anna"

Sam turned her attention to the other woman but received no answer. Her head was bowed and she was concentrating on cleaning her.

"She cannot talk" Anna interrupted Sam's thoughts. Looking back at the older woman, Sam frowned "Why not?"

Taking a deep breath, she sadly explained, "Danar had cut her tongue years ago"

Sam stared at Anna in shock and quickly look back at the tongueless young woman.

"Oh my! Why would he do such a thing?" Sam gasp in horror.

"She was only a child when Son of Jadaris decided to keep her from being sacrificed. He was to make her wife in future when she would have the age to be. She was to bear his child not long ago but from too much work, she has lost it. Danar had became angry and did not want to hear her excuses or apologies. He had cut her tongue so he had no need to hear her voice anymore" Anna finished sadly, unable to continue.

Sam couldn't help but feel sorry for the young woman. She suddenly felt a soft hand touching her arm and look back at the young woman who had been staring at her. She had soft blue eyes that were filled with hurt and tears.

Anna cleared her throat and continued "When I met her years ago, before her tongue was cut by Danar, she was known to us as Daniken. She was a child full of life and determination until Jadaris had taken it all away from us and the people of Agara"

"What about Danar? Why does he want evil to reign the galaxy?"

"He is very fond for his father. He always wished to do everything that pleases him. I have seen the horrible acts Jadaris had told him to make, never had Danar deceived Master Jadaris"

Sam frowned "Who is he? Jadaris I mean. I remember hearing that he was on a Journey..."

"Is it not enough to know that they are servants of the enemy?" ask Anna "They are deadly. Deadlier than anyone could have imagined someone to become. They are pure evil and feel no feelings. There are not afraid of death, either are they afraid to suffer. They have killed side by side without regrets. Their hearts are made of hard stone that no other humans have the strength to break"

Sam frowned "How do you know all this? For how long have you been staying locked here?"

Anna met Daniken's eyes and silently let out a nervous breath. Sam became more curious and confused by the silence. It was meant to be a simple and easy question.

"I have been here since the very beginning. I, Anna, am Grand Master's Jadaris's wife and mother of Danar"

"Oh my God!" Sam gasped in disbelief.

Anna bowed sadly "Yes, I have seen the horror they have done together before my very eyes. I have heard the painful words spoken before each rituals. I have seen the faces of my people dying for no reasons before me"

Daniken quickly rounded the marble bath and hugged the old woman warmly. Sam took a few deep breaths, trying to calm herself. None spoke again for the rest of the bath. Sam was cleaned from head to toe and now it was time for the clothing.

"Wait here, young Chosen. Daniken and I will search for your clothing" Anna bowed politely and left, with the younger woman on her heels. Sam stayed in the middle of the cold room enveloped only in a thin white towel.

- - -

Jack was violently pushed back in his own cell, next to Daniel and Teal'c. The servants shot them a deadly glare and snapped the door close. Daniel and Teal'c immediately went to Jack and helped him to his feet.

"What happened?" Daniel gasped.

"They caught me, that's what happened!" Jack retorted angrily.

"What has happened, O'Neill?" Teal'c ask once they sat down. Jack dusted the dirt from the clothes he was wearing and sighed.

"I was explaining to Carter our plan when Danar and other servants came to mess everything up!"

"Is she ok? I mean, you did say you'd clean her wounds" Daniel ask concerned.

Jack nod slowly "Yeah, she's pretty wounded. I think Danar made sure she was injured enough not to run or fight herself out. The chains are damn tight, causing her to have swollen wrists. She has infected wounds on her arms and legs"

"What did she say about the plan?" the young archeologist continued.

Jack glared at him a little longer than intended before speaking. "She expected a plan B but other than that she's ready for tomorrow"

Daniel and Teal'c nod at him and sat back down into a more comfortable sitting position. Jack took out the little piece of bone from his pocket and stared at it intensely.

"We better get some sleep if we want to be ready for tomorrow" he started and hid back the bone in his pocket. "All of us are leaving. They'll be no deaths, no leaving behind!" Jack firmly finished and laid down before closing his eyes.

Daniel sighed and his eyes fell on the dirty plate with the dry meat from the previous day. He reached for another piece and hid it in his own shirt before following his CO and Teal'c's actions and go sleep.

- - -

Sam was almost asleep when Anna and Daniken came back with her new clothing. Opening her eyes slowly, Sam eyed them as they stepped into the room again.

"We are sorry, young Chosen, to have taken so much time. We have your dress for the ritual of tomorrow" Anna answered Sam's unspoken question.

"About tomorrow" Sam started and stood, now fully awake. "My friends and I are planning an escape plan to leave Agara. You know Danar's underground prison well and I'm sure the planet itself. You could be valuable to us and we can take you and Daniken back with us on our planet"

Anna stared at her in disbelief "I cannot! We shall get killed before passing the borders of the planet and leave. You do not know Jadaris. He is evil; you cannot fight evil, young Chosen. Tomorrow there will be no hope left for you and you shall be sacrificed" Anna insisted sadly.

"But my friends already came up with a plan that will work. We've got ourselves in bigger troubles than this. They know what they're doing" Sam argued. Anna looked at Daniken beside her and for once in many years had she seen hope reflecting through her painful eyes. The old woman closed her eyes tightly and look back at Sam.

"How can we escape without being seen? We are not to follow you to your sacrifice. We are to stay here and wait for what will come next"

"For sure you can 'sneak' out, can you? You know this planet well enough to know all it's secrets and underground passages"

"I know some passages but I do not know if they are known to Danar" Anna replied worriedly. Sam put a reassuring hand on her shoulder and smiled "You have to try. Jadaris and Danar have done so many crimes, you can't stay any longer"

Anna bowed and smiled at her "You are right, I shall try. What is your plan for escape?"

Sam hesitated before telling her. "My commanding officer made himself a weapon out of a bone. Once we see each other, he's going to use it against the servants and escape"

Anna eyed her carefully "This is quite a dangerous plan, are you sure this shall work as you say?"

Sam smiled "I am" she replied, confident.

"Then we shall help you leave the planet and take us with you" Sam smiled again and nod her agreement. Daniken smiled and handed Sam her dress she was going to wear for her sacrifice. Sam hesitated before taking it and eyed it carefully. She had to admit she felt more relieved to know it wasn't a fancy dress. It was a long, white dress with spaghetti straps. It reminded Sam of a long summer dress, not that she used to wear any.

She pulled it on and as Anna told her. Daniken led Sam to a small wooden table where two servants stood on each side. Puzzled, Sam look at Daniken and then at Anna.

"Do not worry, young Chosen. They are here for protection and to bring you back once you are done. Now, it is time for your food"

Sam sat down on the small wooden chair and glanced at the two servants on each side of her. She hated the way they were looking at her and Sam tried to fight the urge to knock them down. The only problem was that if ever she would have done something like this, her CO's plan might no be as effective and Sam wasn't going to jeopardize her team mates for her mistakes. She decided to ignore their staring and winks and concentrated on what will be her food. She took a deep breath and decided to wait for Anna and Daniken to come back with whatever Danar had given her to eat.

Entering the room slowly, Daniken made her way towards Sam, holding a silver plate in her hands. She laid it in front of her and bowed politely. Sam was rather nervous when she saw the food. She couldn't deny she was hungry but the food completely cut off her appetite. It was brown colored meat, with several leaves and small round potatoes. Sam quickly look up at the woman and was about to speak when she just remembered Daniken couldn't speak herself. She just smiled and Daniken left her alone.

Sighing deeply, Sam turned her attention back at the entrance and saw a glimpse of Anna and Danar talking. The Son of Jadaris seemed quite upset at something and Anna had her head bowed and eyes staring at her feet. Sam tried to lean in and listen to their conversation when a fist hit the table loudly, taking her by surprise. She snapped her head up and saw the first guard glaring at her angrily.

"You eat!" he ordered.

Sam glared at him before glancing one last time at Anna and Danar, and looking back at her very disgusting plate.

Danar joined her a few moments after and Anna was nowhere to be seen. The son of Jadaris was not eating but rather stared at her eating with a somehow curious and amused expression in his eyes. Sam slowly ate the food she was forced to eat but kept her eyes on Danar. The diner was soon over, much to Sam's delight, and she was brought back to her cell then chained again before being left alone.

- - -

The next morning, their cell door bursting open awakened Jack and the others. Five servants made their way in, armed and dangerous. One of them took a step forward and appeared to be the leader of the pack.

"Come forth!" he ordered the men of SG-1. Jack, Daniel and Teal'c stepped forward with a confident expression in their eyes. The leader pushed them out of the cell where they were chained then led outside the underground prison.

The sun was still hidden behind the mountains, leaving the sky of a dark blue color. Cool and silent, the men from SG-1 and the servants stood waiting for Danar and Sam.

Taking forever to come, Danar appeared finally and looking for the world very anxious. Two servants and Sam followed him quietly behind. Daniel's eyes lit up when he saw Sam and smiled. Sam managed to smile back before being pulled away by Danar.

"We need to hurry if we want to arrive before night!" he spoke loudly. Jack sent him a dark look and the servants pushed him forward and began to walk.

The sun slowly rose but somehow this day on Agara wasn't as joyful as the others. Jack kept trying to glance at Sam and see how she was doing but whether a servant separated them or she was just not looking at him. He look at Daniel and Teal'c walking slowly beside him. Daniel was still looking nervous and concerned about their plan. Teal'c kept his head high with a confident look on his face.

Hours passed and they still had not stopped for rest and drinks. The sun was high; it was warm with a cool wind. Sam was beginning to feel dizzy and thirsty again. She wondered if she would ask for rest they'd listened to her. She look up at Danar walking in front, head high with pride and knew he wouldn't let that happen for a million years. Her eyes fell back on her team mates and noticed they were also tired and needed rest.

Sam didn't much think of today as her 'death day' but more of a rescue one. She put all of faith in her friends and knew they weren't going to let her die without a fight. But still, a part of her still felt scared and anxious whether or not the plan would work.

More hours passed on and Danar finally motioned with his hand for everyone to stop. Even the servants let out a sigh of relief when they came to a halt.

"We shall rest a few moments then begin our journey once again. Give drinks to the intruders!" he ordered. Jack, Daniel and Teal'c were given water but not Sam. Jack noticed her sitting under a tree, carefully being watched by the servants and looking tired and sick. He pushed his cup of water away and shook his head.

"If she doesn't get water then I don't drink mine" he stated firmly, earning puzzled looks from everyone. Danar glanced at Sam then back at Jack "She does not drink, intruder. But you will!" he answered.

"Not gonna happen!"

"Drink!" Danar shouted angrily but Jack made no move to do so. Danar glanced back at Sam. He didn't want the intruders to die. He wanted to take pleasure on killing them after Sam's death, but what SG-1 didn't know was Danar knew something he wasn't suppose to. Smiling to himself, he finally let a servant bring Sam a cup of water. She eagerly drank, feeling already fresh and smiled to her CO who just finished drinking his own.

Daniel let out a nervous sigh; relieved things didn't end in a fight. Teal'c still eyed the servants and Danar like a hawk.

Soon, too soon for everyone's liking, they were back on the road once again. They encountered many hills, rivers, dangerous paths and fallen trees. Jack was started to wonder if they weren't lost. For him, they had been walking around many times without noticing it. Danar seemed to think differently, who, he, still had his head high, eyes fixed to the horizon in front of him and looking proud.

The day finally ended and the sun made it's way behind the mountains, once again leaving the sky dark blue. A cool temperature filled the air and SG-1 sighed in relief. Sam frowned worriedly when she suddenly got a glimpse of a very big moon making its way high in the sky. The moon itself seemed to be surrounded by thin reddish mist, giving a scary atmosphere.

They Company finally exited the woods and found themselves in a very large clearing. A five-minute walk away laid a stoned temple with no roof. Around the temple outside, stood five long torches lit with fire. Among the torches, three people dressed in black cloths waited for them patiently. The temple itself stood near of a dangerous cliff.

Danar smiled to himself and made his way towards them. Stopping a few metres away, Sam could see it was Jadaris with two other unidentified people. He frowned when he noticed Danar stopping.

Danar turned around and smiled at Jack. Stunned and nervous, Jack frowned when he saw him walking towards him. Keeping eye contact, Danar violently grabbed him and pulled out the bone from his pocket. Angry, Danar pushed Jack against the floor and look closely at the piece of bone.

"I have told you already, intruders! Do not fool me!" he shouted angrily and threw the bone as far away as his strength allowed. Furious, Jack mentally cursed himself and tried to stand. Fear shot through Sam and she tried to back away quickly.

"Bring the Chosen inside!" Danar joyfully shouted and bowed at Jadaris. The servants grabbed Sam, who tried to free herself with no luck, and led her inside the temple.

"Let me Go!!" she shouted, terrified.

"Damn it!" Jack shouted angrily and look at Daniel's terrified face and Teal'c's angry expression. His own fears surfaced and look back at the temple where Sam was being taken too. The men tried to free themselves by hitting the servants surrounding them. With a motion of their swords, the men from SG-1 stood motionless at the sharp blade resting against their throat.

Master Jadaris and Danar made their way towards them, highly amused. Jack glared at them and if looks could kill, they'd be the first.

"Your plan did not succeed I presume" Jadaris spoke quietly, a glint of humor in his eyes.

"She's not dead yet!" Jack spat.

"Be patient... she will be dead before you even realize it" Danar finished and smiled. Jack struggled against the blade but it was pulled tighter to his throat and had no luck of freeing himself away.

Inside, Sam was forced to lie down on her back on a cold hard bed made of stone. Silently crying, she tried to struggle herself out but the servants tied her down with strong ropes on each corner of the bed.

"Let me Go!" she repeated, tears rolling down her cheeks.

A person dressed in a black cloth walked through the entrance and stopped beside Sam. Looking away from the servants, Sam weakly stared at the new person. Slowly, the hood lifted and revealed Anna. Gasping, Sam's eyes went wide and misty.

"Anna! What are you doing here!?" she cried, ignoring whether to be happy or angry. Anna smiled softly at Sam and stroke her cheek softly.

"Samantha... this is your name am I correct?" Sam didn't answer and pulled her head away from her touch. Tensing, Anna snapped her fingers away.

"Would you really think I would have helped you and your friends fool Grand Master Jadaris and is Son? No one escapes and lives!" she warned, smiling down at her. Sam grimaced "You were with them all along, weren't you! What happened to Daniken?" Sam demanded.

Anna smiled and slowly made her way around the bed "Well, we had to kill her. Since tonight it shall be your death, we have no need of her anymore"

"You'll pay for this!" Sam shouted but gasped when pain shot through her. Wincing, she closed her eyes and took deep breaths. Anna smiled once again and stopped beside Sam.

"It is a shame to kill such a strong and beautiful woman as you. You would have made a wonderful replacement for Daniken"

"Go to Hell!" Sam spat angrily with all her strength she had left. Furious, Anna slapped her across the face and grabbed her hair abruptly and pulling her eyes to hers to makeeye contact.

"You disgust me!" Anna whispered dangerously and pushed her away before leaving the temple. Trembling, Sam look around her nervously. The servants had left and she was completely alone. Letting her head drop softly on the hard stoned bed, Sam's eyes made contact of the big moon shining upon her.

Outside, Grand Master Jadaris smiled when he saw Anna walking towards them, with a playful smile upon her red lips.

"My Wife, is the Chosen ready?" Jadaris ask. Anna bowed and glanced at Jack and the others before pulling her eyes back to her husband "Yes, Love. She is awaiting for her death at this very moment"

Jadaris nod "Servant! Keep your eyes on the intruders. We do not want them to escape while we are killing their close friends.

"You rat bastard!" Jack shouted and took a step forward but was pushed away abruptly by the servants. All six servants surrounded Jack, Daniel and Teal'c while Danar, Jadaris and Anna made their way to the temple.

"No!!" Daniel shouted.

"Shit!" Jack cursed and stood.

Sam eyed the three persons walking in and suddenly tensed. She tried to free herself from the ropes but had not luck. Her wrists were already and it hurt her even more whenever she would twist her way from the ropes.

"You people are crazy," she whispered but they ignored her. Terrified, Sam watched them as they encircled the bed where she was lying. Grand Master Jadaris to her right, Son of Jadaris to her left and Anna behind her, holding her head still with her hands.

Danar softly withdrew a small wooden box from below the bed and took out a silver knife decorated with jewels of different colors. Sam gasped and tried to free herself again.

Jadaris took the knife and lifted his hands high, knife lying on the palm of his hands. Terrified, Sam watched every move he was making.

"I am outside time and beyond all space. For me there is no such thing as a beginning, for beginning and ending are one and the same. There is no future and no past. There is only an eternal now. On this night, we bring you the Chosen. Blood will be spread upon the Tasera Moon and we shall reign over what is meant to be ours" Grand Master Jadaris pronounced the words carefully and almost shouting.

Anna and Danar closed their eyes, a smile of appreciation appeared on their features. Sam watched in horror as she watched Grand Master Jadaris's eyes turned completely black and his face very pale. His head snapped to look at her and Sam suddenly screamed.

Jack and Daniel look up in unison when they heard her scream. Jack tried to make his way through the servants but they just pushed them back where they stood. Jack was knocked against Jack and Daniel felt a soft feeling of pain hit him across the stomach. A flash of hope crossed his eyes and look up at Jack.

"Jack!" he whispered.

"What!?" Jack look back at him, annoyed and angry. Daniel pulled his hands in his pockets and pulled out a piece of bone "I took it yesterday" he explained quickly, trying to maintain the smile spreading on his lips. Jack shot him a smile "Wait to go, Daniel!"

Jack took the piece of bone and nod at his team mates "One, two, three. Go!!"

Jack hit the servant that neared him while Daniel punched another and Teal'c knocked one down. Grabbing a sword, Jack and the others managed to get rid of the servants easily and free themselves of their chains.

"Let's get Carter!" Jack ordered and ran towards the temple. As soon as Jack appeared in the entrance, he lifted the sword and threw it in Jadaris's direction.

As soon as the sword hit him, it emitted another eagle-like scream and abruptly turned around. The men from SG-1 gasped when they saw his face.

"That's not a human!" Daniel gasped in disgust.

"I don't care what it is, we have to kill it!" Jack shot back, locking gaze with Grand Master Jadaris. Anna and Danar became anxious when they saw the fight going on.

"What is happening?" Anna gasped when she saw Jadaris.

"It is too soon, the sacrifice is yet to be finished!" Danar gasped and look at Sam lying half conscious on the stoned bed.

Jadaris emitted another time the same noise and suddenly ran towards SG-1 and threw them outside. Moaning, they pulled themselves on feet and each grabbed a sword.

"Daniel! Get to Carter and make sure she's alright!" Jack ordered, never leaving gaze with Jadaris. Nodding, Daniel ran towards the temple and towards Sam.

"I think that's my cue to cut in" he said sarcastically and hit Danar over the head and pushed Anna outside the temple. He immediately made his way to Sam and with the sword, cut the ropes tying her down.

"Daniel?" he heard Sam's weak question. He smiled sadly and nod "Yep, we're gonna get you out of here. Hold on" he reassured her and once free of her ropes, he pulled her down the bed and hid in the furthest corner of the temple.

Outside, things weren't going so well for Jack and Teal'c. Jadaris had managed to knock them down twice before Jack and Teal'c had barely touched him once.

"He is strong, O'Neill!" Teal'c protested.

"So are we!" Jack shouted back.

Suddenly, Anna came running out of nowhere and towards Jadaris. Startled, Jadaris glanced back at her and with a wave of his hand; he slapped her violently across the face, sending her flying far away from them. Taking the moment of distraction, Jack made a run towards him and stabbed the sword deep into his heart. Screaming loudly, Jadaris backed away.

Jack backed away towards Teal'c and watched what was going to happen next. The red moon continued it's way through the sky and Jadaris lowered his eyes to his chest to see bloodstains. He moaned in pain and stumbled around, getting weaker. It's breathing were harsh and painful.

Once at the edge of the cliff, he proudly stepped forward, leaned outward, and with a cry he launched himself into the abyss.

"NO!!" Danar rushed to the cliff, fists clenched and body straining. Jack and Teal'c shared a worried look and glanced back at Danar. Slowly, the Son of Jadaris turned to face them.

"You have not seen the last of my Father nor me! Beware!" he shouted and much to Jack and Teal'c's horror followed Jadaris's actions and jumped off the edge of the cliff.

"Jack!" they heard Daniel shouting suddenly. Jack dashed to the temple and spotted them on the floor behind the bed. He quickly knelt down in from of Sam and checked her wounds.

"How is she?" he demanded.

Daniel shook his head "Not good, we need to get her back at the SGC to get her checked out"

Sam opened her eyes softly and glanced around "Is it... dead?" she ask weakly. Jack nod and breathed in relief "Yeah, everything's over now. We're going home"

Still trembling, Sam brought her arms around his neck and pulled him in a hug then softly cried. It just hit Jack on how truly scared she really was. He pulled his arms around her, pulling her closer to him.

"Shh, it's ok. You don't have to be scared anymore. We're all going home and to safety. Come on" Jack pulled one of the cloth around her shoulders and took her in his arms before walking out of the temple.

"O'Neill!" Teal'c called out.

"Yeah?"

"I believe if we follow the river it shall lead us to the Stargate" he pointed at the river a few metres away from the temple. Jack look back at Teal'c "are you sure?"

"I am certain"

"Then let's move out!" he ordered and they marched along the river to the stargate. Jack glanced back at Sam's sleeping face in his arms and sighed in relief. He leaned in and kissed her softly on her forehead before following Daniel and Teal'c on their way back home.

The End
-Tropical-
Feedback is sweet :D

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Tropical