Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

All Is Well That Ends Well

by Joanna
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
All Is Well That Ends Well

All Is Well That Ends Well

by Joanna

Title: All Is Well That Ends Well
Author: Joanna
Email: sichelmond@hotmail.com
Rating: PG-13
Category: Angst, Adventure, S&J/ D&J, new character
Sequel: This is Part Three of the Series The Darkest Hour Comes Before The Dawn
Status: Complete
Spoilers/Season: for this one especially you have to know about Bra'tac and about the qunatum mirror, plays somewhere after season four, but still General Hammond is the CO of the SGC ( I didn't see Chain Reaction or 2010)
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors. The song used is Tell Him and is sung by Celine Dion and Barbra Streisand. Used without permission.
Summary: After Daniel became ill he found a replacement. But Anne still have to make training and convince Jack that she is ready for her first mission.
Author's Note: Feedback please! I'm considering to rename the Series for the Quantum Mirror Series

I'm scared
So afraid to show I care
Will he think me weak
If I tremble when I speak
Oooh - what if
There's another one he's thinking of
Maybe he's in love
I'd feel like a fool
Life can be so cruel
I don't know what to do

I've been there
With my heart out in my hand
But what you must understand
You can't let the chance
To love him pass you by

Should I

Tell him
Tell him that the sun and moon
Rise in his eyes
Reach out to him
And whisper
Tender words so soft and sweet
Hold him close to feel his heart beat
Love will be the gift you give yourself

Touch him
With the gentleness you feel inside
Your love can't be denied
The truth will set you free
You'll have what's mean to be
All in time you'll see

I love him
Of that much I can be sure
I don't think I could endure
If I let him walk away
When I have so much to say

I'll

Love is light that surely glows
In the hearts of those who know
It's a steady flame that grows
Feed the fire with all the passion you can show
Tonight love will assume its place
This memory time cannot erase
Your faith will lead love where it has to go

Never let him go

ALL IS WELL THAT ENDS WELL

Chapter six

"Robertson?"

"Yes, sir?"

"What are you doing?"

"Sir, this is a."

"I don't care, Lieutenant! I have ordered you to get Carter. Which part did you not understand? Get means go and escort her back here. Carter means the female, superintelligent Major, you work with. Got it?"

"Yes, sir" Lt. Robertson hurried to where he last saw Sam.

As he was out of sight Jack let out a tired sigh. Enthusiasm was one thing, Daniel and enthusiasm was another, but enthusiasm AND Lt. Robertson was a lethal combination, at least for Jack. Teal'c looked at him with that always stoic expression on his face, but Jack could see behind the mask. One thing was getting Daniel out of trouble, namely friendship. But getting Robertson out of trouble made them tired and exhausted. And even Teal'c cannot stand him. Although he would never use such a strong expression.

"Why is it always me?" he asked half aloud.

"You should arrange that field trip, O'Neill" Teal'c suggested.

"This Friday. Is it good for you?"

"Yes, O'Neill."

"Deal. And I'm going to tell Robertson that he is officially fired."

"You should ask General Hammond first, O'Neill."

"Oh, I don't have to. He gave me a free hand. Robertson will transfer back to SG-13. Scientific research suits him, but his exploring exploitments are almost lethal for us."

"Yes, O'Neill."

"Good that we agree."

Suddenly his radio went alive and soon he heard Robertson's voice.

"Sir!"

Jack sighed, 'how was he even able to survive basic training at the Academy?' " Robertson, what's up?"

"Sir, you should come here."

"Where is Major Carter?"

"She is unconscious, sir."

"Shit!" Jack murmured and turned to Teal'c, only to see that his friend was already running towards the others. He hurried after him.

"What happened, Robertson?" he asked the lieutenant after he arrived and knelt down next to Sam. Her face was red while her cap was lying next to her.

"Sir, she was in this state, when I arrived."

Jack examined Sam's forehead and it felt incredibely hot.

"Sunstroke, in my opinion" he turned to Teal'c and the Jaffa nodded in agreement.

"This will earn you some time to think things over, Robertson."

"Sir?" the young lieutenant was scared to death hearing Jack's ever so dark voice.

"Go ahead and dial out!"

"Yes, sir!" he nodded and wanted to hurry back to the Gate, but started into the wrong direction.

"Robertson?"

"Yes, sir?"

"Is there another Gate on this planet?" Jack asked, placing Sam into Teal'c's arms while getting the Jaffa's staff weapon.

"No, sir" a very confused Robertson replied.

"Then you should try this way" Jack pointed to the right direction.

"Yes, sir" Robertson nodded, his face an interesting beetrot.

"Come on, Teal'c! Our Major has to pay a visit to the infirmary."

.

"SG-1 code, sir."

General Hammond picked up the interphone, and dialled the infirmary. SG-1 was back way too early and that surely meant trouble. And knowing SG-1 it was either an attack, or an injury of one of the members. Last option was most likely since Lt. Robertson joined the team. General Hammond hurried down to the gate room, one minute later Lt.Robertson arrived back. Then came Dr Fraiser with her med team. Teal'c was next to arrive, with Sam in his arms. General Hammond sighed deeply, this time it hit Sam. Last time it was Jack. His sprained ankle gave this base a week in hell. He wondered what happened now. Jack arrived next and with a nod towards Sgt.Davis he had the iris closed. General Hammond saw the raging fury in his eyes. He looked around, 'where is Anne, when you need her?' Of course she was there in the very next moment. Most likely she was with Janet in the infirmary as his call came through.

"What happened, Colonel O'Neill?" he asked his 2IC.

"Colonel?" Anna asked him unsurely in the very same moment. " What happened to Sam?"

"Sunstroke."

"Oh, I see. And are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm okay. Sir, permission to leave."

"Of course, Colonel. Go to the infirmary, debriefing in one hour."

"Yes, sir."

Anna escorted him to the infirmary, which left Lt. Robertson alone in the gate-room. Well, he was not alone of course. The SF guards were present, the technicians in the control room and General Hammond was there, too.

"Sir, I'd like you to know that this was my last mission with this team. I hope that you could transfer me back to my old team, if not, I have to leave the SGC."

General Hammond nodded. He didn't like the way he spoke, hell, he didn't like this rookie, but he knew, it was not only Robertson's fault. Jack was not the kindest CO of the world. But somehow Daniel, Sam and Teal'c were happy with him.

Two hours later Anna was heading to Conference Room 2, when she met Jack on the way.

"Colonel" she nodded, smiling. " Sam is okay now."

"I know, I'm coming from the infirmary right now. Where are you going to?"

"To my study class."

"This was a good idea."

"Thank you, Colonel."

"I thought it was Daniel's."

"No, it was mine. Daniel helped me to elaborate and he is the supervisor of the project. "

"Well, you two can work together effective. How is he?"

"Not good, radiotherapy sucks. Sorry, sir."

"Nevermind. Are you free tomorrow evening?"

"Yes, why?"

"Bring Danny to me, we will have a quiet evening."

"Yes, sir" she nodded, smiling. " You are escorting me to the conference room?"

"Yes, I was on my way to the General."

"Because of Gary Robertson?"

"Yes."

"Colonel, he is too young."

"He is a soldier. I gave him an order, which he forgot to obey. Don't worry, he will only be suspended for two weeks."

"Cass was here yesterday" she informed Jack, after being reassured.

"You two were causing the General a headache?"

"No" she shook her head seriously. " We were having fun, but we didn't do anything forbidden. Major Ferretti brought us brownies from Tanya and Julie."

Major Ferretti was the first victim of the Matchmaker Quartett, as Jack called Sam, Janet, Cassie and Anna. Their second victim was Graham Simmons, so Jack was relieved when he found out that the two admirers of Anna were not a 'danger' anymore. Although there were many willing to take their place.

"I still cannot understand, how could a nice woman like Tanya fell for such a.khm, like Ferretti?"

"Well, that's her secret. But they are good together. Cass says, that Julie likes him, too." " I guess he developed a feminine side. There you are, have fun!"

"Thanks, see you tomorrow." * Or tonite at Sam's bed* she added silently.

Chapter seven Anna arrived two months ago at the SGC. She had got friends, and she had got enemies on the Base. As she chose her friends, so she chose her enemies. By herself. They didn't choose her, actually some of them liked her. Her loyalty could have moved mountains, as Daniel stated after a conversation with Major Bond. The leader of SG-6 was one of Anna's best friends, although everyone on Base was really surprised about that fact.

"And what do you think, why she doesn't like them?" Daniel asked, as they were sitting in the mess hall; Daniel waiting for his blood tests, Major Bond for his next mission.

"Her loyalty makes her dislike them. I didn't understand either, till Lt.Colonel MacNeill and I went through the list of the names."

The leader of SG-10 was another good friend of Anna.

"You made a list?" Daniel asked astonished.

"Lt.Colonel MacNeill did. There are fifteen persons on that list, Dr Jackson. Ten of them are hating Jack and don't even make a secret of it. Two of them cannot stand Major Carter, and two of them have the same feelings towards Teal'c. And the fifteenth is the exception. She likes Jack, she likes Carter, she likes even Teal'c. And they all like her. At least they did in the near past."

"Who is it?"

"Sgt. Molly Webster."

"Oh" Daniel was surprised.

"What's wrong, Dr Jackson?"

"Her loyalty could move mountains. I know why she doesn't like the sergeant, but I cannot tell you."

"It's okay, I know now at least that there is a reason. She is loyal to you."

* Not exactly* Daniel thought. Anna was loyal to Janet.

Sgt. Molly Webster was indeed a very nice woman. And she was beautiful. The only thing 'wrong' with her was, that she had a crush on Daniel. And Daniel knew that Anna was cheering for him and Janet.

The object of their conversation was in the town, precisely in the Fraiser's house. That was Place Possible No 3. Place Possible No 1. was the SGC, Place Possible No 2. was Daniel's apartmant, No 3. was the Fraiser's house, No 4.

was Jack's house, and No 5. was Sam's home. Since for Sam went the same, it wasn't surprising at all. The Place Possible terminus originated from Jack and he said, too, if you shouldn't find her at one of these possible places, then she didn't want to be found.

She was playing chess with Cass, and Cass was about to win. The board was Anna's Christmas gift. It was only a cheaper one, but Cass didn't mind, she loved chess.

"You are excellent at this, Cass. Soon you could play with Jack. "

"I have got a good teacher, you know" she smiled at her. " Should I win at the first time?"

"Of course. But play with him alone. And let him get revange."

"Okay" Cass nodded, grinning conspiratorially.

"Hey, kiddos!" Janet stepped in, her coat and cap full of snow.

"Mom!" Cass hurried to her.

"Hi, honey!" she pulled her in a hug. Cass took her coat and while Janet was getting out of her boots, Anna arrived, too.

"Hi, kiddo!"

"Hi, Janet!" she greeted her, smiling cheerfully. " Anything interesting?"

"Nothing, fortunately. But I think, it's only because there was one team out today. And the 8ers are a group of people, which are rarely need more than the usual post-mission."

"Considering that they are diplomatic, it's not surprising at all" Anna said defending the other SG teams.

"Is Jack better?" Cass asked.

"Yes, honey. He actually wanted to see you, Anne. I ordered him back to bed, so you have to go in only tomorrow."

"That's good, and till that, Sam is there anyway. How is she?"

"She is getting better. Ironic, she gets a sunstroke, and Jack gets a flu at the same time" Janet smiled at the two girls mischieviously. They smiled back the same way.

"Daniel was in today. I brought him back to town, he is now at home. And he told me something strange. Namely, that I should ask you, that why wasn't you like Sgt. Molly Webster. Why? " I don't like her either" Cassie confessed.

"But why? She is nice and she even likes SG-1" Janet knew about the another fourteen people.

"Yeah, especially Daniel, Mom" Cass said and Anna nodded seriously in agreement.

"But kiddos that's no argument to not like her."

"We are so" came the reply in unison.

"Grab your coat, Cass, we are going over to Daniel."

"Okay! May I, Mom?"

"Sure" Janet nodded. " I'll take a warm bath, lock up after yourselves!"

"Alright, Mom!" Cass shouted from the hall.

"Homework done?" came to Janet's mind.

"Janet, please" Anna said offended, leaning into Janet's view.

"Sorry! It was always done in the last two months, it's a bad habit, I'll try to get rid of it."

Anna smiled at her, then left with Cass.

Daniel was already waiting for them. There was hot chocolate for Cass and green tea for Anna.

"Hey, he knew that we will come!" Anna winked at Cass.

"Of course, I knew."

They came to see after him everyday. Well Cassie came everyday, Anna, when she was allowed to leave the base.

"What's on today's program?"

"How to love our fellow-men. I mean fifteen persons, people?"

"Daniel, don't even try to change us. Who doesn't like Jack could be no friend of us" Cass said. " So wanna play chess?"

"No, thank you. I know that Anne taught you, that's enough. Today Anne and I are going on with our old Egyptian. While this, you are going to translate this text."

"To Spanish?" Cassie asked hopefully.

" No, to German" Daniel shattered her mirror of dreams.

"Oh, shit!" she whispered.

"Cass, watch that language!" Anna reprimanded her.

"Sorry" she lowered her head.

"You could go into my room."

Cass nodded and went to Daniel's study room. She was looking around for the dictionary, as she noticed the picture. At eye-level there she was, the picture in the olive green frame. The picture she was looking for since Christmas. Of course she was never alone in Daniel's study room. She took the photo and smiled back at herself and her Mom. She found the other pictures pretty fast. There was one in Jack's bedroom, one existed as a screensaver on Sam's computer at home, the original disappeared. Another one was in the office of General Hammond. She placed back the picture and pulled out a dictionary. She loved dictionaries, and Anna loved them, too. They shared the same passions, they shared secrets, they became really good friends. Or sisters. Janet treated them like sisters. And Daniel was always joking about " Jack O'Neill's Personal Fan Club". He said, that Anna could be the secretary, and Cass could be her deputy. The two were only laughing at him, but secretly they agreed. Jack was their hero. She looked down at the text, it was an excerpt of Alice in Wonderland. Last week she had a more difficult passage to translate. This was almost too easy.

Anna in the living room was scolding with Daniel. He liked this, so he let her. It was almost a ritual between them.

"I hope you are not doing this with Jack."

"Oh, my! How could I?"

"And how could you do this with me?"

"You are a different case, Daniel, there are no regulations between you and Janet."

"You are right, of course. As always."

"Almost always" she corrected him, grinning.

"Yes, but I still cannot ask her, not till I don't know that I can be fully healed."

"Daniel" she sighed exhausted.

Chapter eight " Incoming traveller!" Lt.Simmons announced.

"SG-2?"

"No, ma'am" Lt. Simmons shook his head. " It's the Tok'ra."

"Open the iris, Lieutenant!" Sam ordered him.

"Aye, ma'am!"

The iris was opened and soon Jacob stepped through with another two members of the Tok'ra. Sam was already down, hugging her father.

"Hi, Sammy! Where are the others?" Jacob looked around the gate-room expectingly.

"OOM and on a field trip."

"OOM?" Jacob asked puzzled.

"Oval Office Meeting."

"I see. When will they arrive back?"

"General Hammond will be back at 1500, Colonel O'Neill will be back tomorrow."

"And what's the time, Sammy?"

"Exactly 1200, Dad."

"Okay, we will wait for George, he should decide if he is calling them back."

"What's wrong, Dad?"

"We are having some serious problems, MajorCarter."

"Freya" she noticed the Tok'ra girlie only now. " Welcome!" she greeted her politely.

"MajorCarter" Freya nodded her head. " Where is Daniel Jackson?" Anise asked.

"He is at home."

"Is he still ill?"

"Yes, he is" Sam nodded. " What's wrong? This time, I'm running things here."

"You?" Jacob was surprised.

"Chain of ranks, Dad. I'm the 2IC of the 2IC of General Hammond. And besides, I'm the senior officer on base."

"I see. Okay, we'll tell you. Can we go to the conference room?"

"Sure" Sam nodded. A knot was forming in her stomach. She led them to the conference room and was waiting for the bad news. She was sure it were very bad ones.

"Jack's personal friend allowed himself a little joke" came Jacob's bitter statement. " He found out, who our operator on his vessel was and sent him back, dead. Of course we moved immediately. But somehow he figured out where to. 'Cause after he found another operative amongst his Jaffas, he sent him back, too. Dead, too."

"How terrible!" Sam whispered.

"We moved again, but somehow he figured again, 'cause another dead operative was sent back to us."

"How is he able to trace you?"

"I don't know. We assumed that there was a transmitter on the body. So the second time we left the body behind. He found us anyway."

"Anise?"

"I scanned the bodies, but there was no transmitter."

"Have you scanned everything with your TERs?"

"Yes, MajorCarter. But there were nothing and nobody."

"Strange. Well, I have to go now" she stood up, as she saw Lt.Simmons arriving. " Sgt. Jones will lead you to your quarters. I'll tell you when General Hammond is back. And I will think the situation over. But in my opinion the solution is pretty obvious. There has to be a traitor among you."

Jacob and Anise nodded with a dark look in their eyes.

Sam went back to the control room and looked at the Gate with an absent-minded look. She was startled out of her thoughts, as the gate was activated. She looked down at Lt.Simmons questioningly.

"SG-2 code, ma'am."

Sam sighed with relief. Till now, everybody arrived back complete and without serious injuries. Even SG-3 was back in one piece, as Graham stated quietly, as the marines were heading out of the gate-room. It was a busy day for the SGC. There were four teams scheduled back, and two teams to leave.

SG-10 left already at 0630. SG-9 just left before the Tok'ra signal. With SG-2 back there were two teams awaited. Sam greeted SG-2 with the usual line, " Infirmary, debriefing after the general is back" and then went back to the control room. Lt.Simmons informed her that SG-5 is not due for another fifteen minutes, so Sam decided for a visit to the infirmary.

Janet was dashing out of the infirmary, as she arrived there.

"I've got no time, Sam. And don't go in there! The whole base is under quarantine. I think, you should call the President."

"Of course" Sam nodded. This wasn't her day.

Sam walked into the General's office and eyed the red phone for a moment, then picked up the receiver.

"Major Carter to the control room!" came Graham's voice through the intercom.

Sam hurried back and looked down at the monitor. The code was arriving, and it was SG-5's IDC.

"Open the iris!" she yelled, as she was running downstairs.

Lt. Joe Koslowski arrived first and then his CO, Captain Rawlings.

"Close the iris!" he shouted.

"Close the iris!" Sam shouted, as an energy blast passed her. " Where are the others, Captain?"

"They are not here? I told them to run and I saw a whormhole engaged. I thought that they were back."

"They are not here. Lieutenant, connect me to LCDR. Johnston."

"Aye, ma'am!"

"Johnston" came a deep voice.

"Major Carter, sir. Was there a gate activation in the last."

"Five" Cpt.Rawlings helped her out.

"In the last five minutes?"

"No, ma'am."

"Thank you, sir" Sam nodded and looked at Cpt. Rawlings. " Lieutenant, escort your CO to the infirmary. Be aware of the signs, there is a quaratine on the 23rd."

"Aye, ma'am!" Lt. Koslowski nodded.

Sam had enough and SG-6 was still due.

"How long?"

"Fifteen minutes, ma'am."

"I'm in the General's office. We still have to inform the President."

Sam saw as SG-6 trotted down the ramp and sighed with relief. The day was getting better. Looking down at her watch she saw that General Hammond will arrive back in not later than an hour and SG-6 seemed to be all right. Well, they were smelling like rotting fish and their BDUs were muddy, but they were smiling. They had the two missing 9ers with them.

"Welcome home, SG-6" she greeted them with a smile.

"May I help you, Major Carter?" Major Bond offered his help.

"Could you report back, after you are done with your post-missions? I need to know what's going on with SG-2, but Janet didn't allow me to go there."

"Sure, Sam. Don't worry."

Somehow she wasn't that worried after Major Bond's reassuring words.

She stayed for a moment eyeing the gate, then turned on her heels to go back to the control room. A most-welcomed sight greeted her as she looked up.

"Hi, Sam!"

"Hi!" she waved up to Anna. This day was indeed getting better. Her face lit up as she saw all the three of them.

"Boy, you are right in time!" she grinned.

"The SFs arrived after us. What for?" Jack asked.

"SG-2 and therefore the whole base is under quarantine."

"Oh, boy!"

"Dad and Freya are here, too."

"Freya?" Jack asked back in surprise.

Anna glanced over to Teal'c with tons of questions in her eyes. Teal'c only nodded. In between Anna became a real expert of those nods. This meant that "yes, this Freya was someone annoying."

"She asked me about Daniel."

"Actually Anise asked you" Jack stated after Sam arrived back at the control room.

"Right" Sam grinned back at him. But then the grin faded from her face as she saw a patch on Jack's forehead. She looked at Anna and noticed that she had two deep scars over her left eyebrow and that Jack's left arm is bandaged. Teal'c had a cut on his neck which was already healing.

"What happened?" she asked worried.

"We met poachers" Anna shrugged her shoulders.

Jack looked at her surprised which look Sam couldn't decipher.

"They were six, MajorCarter" Teal'c informed her.

"Really?"

"Yes" Jack nodded.

"Although they were too professional to be only poachers" Anna said.

"I already swore you that they weren't my men. My men were only three and they were waiting for us around our camp."

"How could we have been able to set camp, Colonel?"

"What?"

"Do not even pretend to be innocent!" she laughed at him.

"What happened?" Sam asked curiously.

"Teal'c let the tents fall. Right into a little stream."

"You let them fall?" Sam asked Teal'c surprised.

"Yes, MajorCarter" Teal'c nodded with a half smile on his face.

"Oh, I see."

"It was really cold" Jack shrugged his shoulders. " Okay,Carter, you and Anne stay here and keep this under control. Teal'c, please, go to Doc Fraiser."

"Major Bond will report back soon."

"That's good. Then Teal'c will come with me to Dad and Freya."

"Was Gabriel okay?" Anne asked Sam, while Jack and Teal'c were heading out of the control room. He grinned but then his smile faded. She called Bond and MacNeill by first names only he remained Colonel.

One hour and a General later four other Tok'ra arrived at the Base. Jack ordered them there after he spoke with Jacob. They came to the conclusion that only a traitor could whisper Apophis where their Base were. Only he could knew the places which were considered as possible hidings.

Jack and Sam were to report to General Hammond. General Hammond accompanied them to Confrence Room 2, recently dubbed the Stargate Seminar.

"Okay, Colonel, please, initiate us!" General Hammond ordered him.

"I thought that we should ask all the Tok'ras out, who were on operation in the last three months."

"The hosts or the Tok'ras?" Anna asked.

"Both" Jack said. " Anise will superwise the tests."

Jacob and the other five Tok'ra left with Anise and later even Jack asked Jacob out. After three hours everything turned out to be normal.

"What could we do now?" General Hammond asked his officers.

"You were speaking about Apophis' new hobby" suddenly Anna turned to Jacob.

"When?" Jacob asked confused.

"After you kissed me."

"What??!!!" Sam and Jack jumped off their seats and General Hammond looked reproachfully at Anna and Jacob.

Anna was looking at Jack and Sam and then sighed. Her gaze returned to Sam and suddenly understanding lit in her eyes.

"Sam, I said that HE kissed me" she smiled at her.

"Oh, I see" she sighed relieved, but then placed a worried look at her father.

"Sam, we were standing under a mistletoe!" Jacob informed her offended.

"Oh" General Hammond sighed relieved.

"What's wrong?" Anna asked. " Did you think that we are. We are not!" she looked at Jack.

"Come with me!" he hauled her after him.

On the corridor he looked around and after finding a Restricted Access door, he went in.

"Never, I mean, never ever kiss a Tok'ra again!"

"Why?"

"Anne, they could slide into you."

"Jacob would never allow such a thing. And Selmak would never do such a thing."

"You should never trust a Goa'uld, Anne."

"Good that Selmak didn't hear you."

"Anne, please."

"All right, I will never ever kiss a Tok'ra again. By the way, who is this Anise girlie? Isn't she cold?"

Jack laughed whole-heartedly and then explained her, who Freya/Anise was.

"Sir?" came a knock on the door.

"Yes, Major?"

"Could you come back? General Hammond is waiting for you already."

"Coming" he opened the door.

"Sam, how could you think that me and your father.! I'm really hurt."

"I've never thought it, not before I heard you saying the k-word."

"I kissed on that night at least six times and I was only once the initiator."

"What?" she asked whispering.

"Yes" she nodded, blushing.

"Who is it?"

"Guess" she shrugged her shoulders.

Sam thought about the men present at Cass' Christmas Party. Her face lit up after she found out and then she placed a sympathetic look at Anna.

"Thank you" Anna whispered back.

"Who knows?"

"Janet and Cass confronted me with my feelings after a Truth Or Dare party.

I wanted to confess you after my field trip."

"About that. Why do you think that they weren't poachers?"

"Because their leader attacked me and his style was like Gabriel's. He was like Gabriel. After this, I should ask him if he had an evil twin or something like that."

"So what was Apophis' new hobby?" Jack asked after they returned.

"Jacob told me that the spies reported that he was surprisingly fast."

"Yes, he was once on his vessel and next on a planet."

"How was he able to do that? " Unless he can reverse time, he wasn't" Anna shook her head. " But maybe he isn't alone."

"He has a Doppelganger?"

"Most likely an Apophis of an alternate universe found a quantum mirror."

"But our quantum mirror was destroyed."

"And who said that there is only one mirror in an universe?" Anna asked.

"That's why our operatives were so confused. They reported that Apophis is on Chulak, then another operatives reported that he is on another planet."

"I guess we have to destroy his quantum mirror."

"How?" Anise asked.

"The good old way. Go, get in, place some C4 and run as fast as you can"

Jack explained.

"We have to find out which Apophis is the AU and where he has his headquarters. He holds the mirror there" Anna suggested.

"Our operatives." Anise began.

"You still have operatives?" she was atonished.

"Sure" Jacob nodded.

"Could we contact them?"

"In two days one of them has to arrive at or MPP."

"Meeting Point Planet?" Anna asked grinning.

"Yes" Jacob grinned back.

Anna looked at Jack pleadingly, but he shook his head.

"We are taking SG-3 and SG-4."

Anna knew that she isn't quite ready for her first mission but she was still disappointed.

"Teal'c, you wanted to visit your family." General Hammond turned to Teal'c.

Sam looked at Anna, but she didn't show any reactions. Indeed her face was emotionless. That was so unusual that Sam wondered how she was able to pull such a straight face. But then she looked at Teal'c and knew how. She had got a good teacher.

"I'm going with O'Neill and MajorCarter, sir."

Chapter nine SG-1, 3 and 4 returned back without being successful in locating AU Apophis'.

"Where is Anne?" Jack asked Sgt.Davis after looking around in the gate room and couldn't find her. She always greeted them, when they got home.

"She is." came the barely audiable reply.

"What did you say?"

"She is offworld, sir" Sgt. Davis whispered.

"WHAT??!!" Jack yelled. " Where is she?"

"Offworld, sir" Sgt. Davis repeated.

"Why?" Jack asked him.

"Bra'tac came through" the sergeant looked at Teal'c. " He wanted to speak to you. Then as I told him that you weren't here, he wanted to speak to Dr Jackson. I couldn't contact him. He saw Anne and took her. Of course SG-6 and SG-10 escorted them."

"Bond and MacNeill are with her?" Jack asked some way reassured.

"Yes, sir" Sgt. Davis nodded.

"Good. People, head to the infirmary" he ordered the two other teams and his own team. " I have to talk to General Hammond. Since when are they away?"

"Since ten hours, sir."

"Ten hours?"

"Yes, sir. General Hammond gave them."

They never knew how many times General Hammond gave them, because the gate was reactivated and soon Bra'tac emerged from the blue watery event horizon.

He was followed by Major Gabriel Bond and Lt.Colonel Connor MacNeill.

Between them, leaning on their shoulders, came Anna, limping.

"What happened?" Jack asked, while Teal'c hurried to the young woman.

"Thank you, Teal'c, but I can go."

"Anne, no objection!" Major Bond looked at her.

"I'm able to walk to the infirmary on my on feet."

"No! Teal'c, lift her up and bring her into the infirmary."

Teal'c nodded and scooped her up into his arms. Janet arrived in the same moment.

"Janet, tell him to let me go" Anna turned to Janet.

Janet looked at her ankle, then at her face.

"What happened?" she asked.

"Janet" Anna shouted, feeling betrayed.

"Sorry, kiddo. Teal'c, please, bring her into the infirmary."

The others folowed them and while Janet sent Anna and Teal'c to an X-Ray, Major Bond and Lt.Colonel MacNeill began to tell the story.

"We were taken captive right after we arrived. On the way to our prison she chatted with one of the guards."

"Teal'c?" Sam asked.

"Yes" Gabriel nodded. " She told him that we are famous healer and that we could do something against the tremors."

"The tremors?" Jack asked.

"It was a bluff, but it turned out to be a very good plan."

"It worked?" Jack asked astonished.

"Yes. Of course it helped a lot that Anne knew so much about Teal'c."

"And?"

"Teal'c helped us."

"Why?"

"I still don't know, you have to ask Anne."

"Apophis was very weak. He wanted a new body, but Anne told him it were no use. His symbiote would be in tremors anyway. That tropical.whatever"

"Entropic cascade failure" Jack helped MacNeill.

"Exactly that" Lt.Colonel MacNeill nodded.

"I see. And then?"

"Anne offered him to let him go back via the quantum mirror, but he refused. He wanted all the power."

"Yeah, we all know him" Jack nodded.

"And then?" Sam asked impatiently.

"She zat him."

"What?"

"He gathered enough strength and wanted to use his hand device on me. Anne threw the knife to disable his body shield and then she zat him. Just in the same moment as I" MacNeill said. " She had to have a good teacher" he grinned at Jack.

"We were on our way to the Gate as another SG-1 arrived. They were able to track their Apophis."

"Was Anne there?" Sam asked curiously.

"Yes. After the rather unbloody battle with the natives, she and her counterpart convinced Colonel Carter-O'Neill to take Teal'c with them."

"Colonel Carter.- O'Neill?"

"Her nametag read Carter-O'Neill and she was the CO of SG-1. And she looked like you, Major."

"I see" Jack nodded, not daring to look at Sam. " And me?"

"JCS expert on Stargate. Personal advisor to General Hammond. Proud father of a little boy named Jacob Richard O'Neill" Major Bon listed the information Anna gathered from her counterpart.

"Richard?" General Hammond asked, who in-between joined them.

"Anne asked the same. Her counterpart said that she gave him his second name."

Jack nodded and Janet returned in this moment.

"Lay her down here, Teal'c" Janet showed at the bed.

"Sorry, kiddo."

"For what?" Anna asked her, but then Janet replaced her ankle into its right place.

"JANET!" Anne yelled and tried to get hold on something, what happened to be Teal'c's hand. " Janet" she looked at the doctor with anger.

"Sorry, kiddo. It had to be done. And now we have to make a bandage on it."

"Don't you think that you have tortured me enough" Anna asked sarcastically. " Would you mind to take a look at my upper arm before that?"

she then asked, whispering.

"Of course" Janet nodded. " What's wrong with it?"

"On our way back the natives appeared out of the blue. They were rather unfriendly. She was dialling us home as they started to spit little arrows."

"I think it's a sheer flesh wound. She could even punch the coordinateswith her arm" MacNeill said.

"Why didn't you use your other arm?" Janet asked Anna reproachfully.

"She needed it to hold her weapon" Jack explained instead of Anna.

"And you let her?" Janet yelled at Gabriel as she cut off Anna's sleeve. "

Oh my God! " she exclaimed after seeing her wound.

"She didn't tell me, till we were right in front of the event horizon. She only showed me, in case she should pass out on this side and no one would notice."

"It hurts like hell, doesn't it?" Janet asked her sympathetically.

"Watcha think?" she said through gritted teeth.

"Sorry, kiddo" Janet touched her wound and she passed out.

"She is unconscious, Doctor Fraiser" Teal'c informed her.

"I know, Teal'c. But believe me, it's better for her."

"Okay, campers, out of here!" Jack ushered the others out of the infirmary.

Janet looked after him astonished, but of course he came back. In his eyes the determination that he won't go anywhere. Janet knew that and let him stay.

"Teal'c?" Jack asked his friend.

"I'm staying" he said.

Janet looked up and was shocked of what she saw.

"Bra'tac wants to speak to you surely" Jack suggested.

"Yes, O'Neill" Teal'c remained at Anna's bed.

"I'll call you as soon as she is awake" Jack promised him.

"She won't for the next six hours, Teal'c" Janet informed the Jaffa.

"I shall return back after I spoke to Master Bra'tac."

"Good" Jack nodded and Janet gave her agreement too.

TBC

Colonel Joanna O'Neill
SG-6 - Search/Rescue

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Joanna