Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Fever - Part 2

by Jenny C
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Fever (part 2/?)

Fever (part 2/?)

by Jenny C

TITLE: Fever (part 2/?)
AUTHOR: Jenny C
EMAIL: jennyc1013@yahoo.com
CATEGORY: J/S romance (ish)
SPOILERS: Nope
SEASON / SEQUEL: Um, part 2 of Fever. This isn't the last part though!
RATING: G
CONTENT WARNINGS: None
SUMMARY: Comlications of Sam's fever, and a new character. Oh, and a little twist.
STATUS: Unfinished
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended.
The characters you don't recognise are mine.
Archive if you want to, but please ask first!
AUTHOR'S NOTES: FEEDBACK!!!!!! Please?
Thanks to everyone who wrote feedback on the first 'Fever' story, I wouldn't have got this part finished if it wasn't for you.
Oh, and sorry I took so long posting!
FEEDBACK?
Am I begging for feedback here?

Fever II

Danny burst into the room, having heard from a nurse who glanced in that Sam was awake. He rushed in, then did a double take. Sam and Jack where sitting on Sams bed. Right. Okay. That's normal. Ish.

BUT they were kissing. Okay, THAT's not normal!

"Colonel O'Neill!"

Jack ignored the General completely.

"Colonel, I will see you in my office first thing on Monday morning," Hammond said sternly, then wheeled round and left the room.

"Uh, I'll, er, come back later," muttered Daniel, and left to find Hammond.

Janet stayed a while longer, until they broke the kiss. Only then did either of them realise that someone else was in the room.

"Janet!" Sam's hand flew to her mouth "When did you come in?"

"Uh, about five minutes ago. With the General. Jack, he wants to see you first thing Monday"

"Oh, for crying out loud!"

Janet suppressed a grin, and moved forward to check Sam over, ordering Jack to get out of the way. He did so, glancing at Sam with a worried look in his eyes.

"I'll go see Hammond now," he said, "might as well get this over with!"

"Okay," Sam replied, "and tell Danny to get back in here."

"Sure."

"So, then, Sam, what just happened here?" asked Janet.

"What do you know?"

"Only that you were brought into hospital with a high fever and a temperature of 103 at about 11 last night, and I just saw you and Jack break the world record for longest kiss!"

Sam blushed, and replied "Well, I don't remember anything after Jack asking me to dance to 'Flying Without Wings', and then I woke up here to see him with the biggest grin I've ever seen plastered all over his face."

"What about that kiss? Who initiated that?"

"Uh, me."

Janet laughed. "Well, you look fine to me. I want to see you in the infirmary on Monday, before you go on any more missions, just to check you're OK."

"Sure. Now, when can I go home?"

"Now, if Janet signs you out," Jack replied as he came into the room.

"Good. Right, Sam, we'll leave you to get dressed."

Janet and Jack left the room, meeting Teal'c outside.

Back in her room, Sam took time to analyse what had happened earlier. 'I kissed him. God, what must he think? But he kissed me back. Surely that's a good sign?' Sam pulled on the jeans and T-shirt she'd worn the night before, along with some clean underwear provided by Janet, and than left to join Jack, Janet and Teal'c.

"Hey. Teal'c brought my car here. Janet's gonna take him back to the base, so I thought maybe you'd like a lift home?"

"Thanks, sir, yeah. Um, Janet, Teal'c, see you on Monday?"

"Yeah. See you."

"Good bye Major Carter. O'Neill."

Sam and Jack headed out to his car, Jack carrying her bag She had been surprised at that small act of chivalry. Pleasantly surprised. As they walked, Sam took the time to look at him. He looked tired, older than he usually looked, even though Sam knew he was at least 10 years older than her, he never seemed it.

Until now.

"Sam?" Jack's voice broke into her thoughts.

"Uh, yeah?"

"We're here." Sam looked around, puzzled.

"This isn't my house."

"No." Jack had the grace to look embarrassed. "It's mine. Janet said maybe I should bring you here in case the fever starts again."

"Thank you."

Jack was surprised by her answer, to say the least. He'd expected anger, amusement, anything but this quiet, dare he say it, *approval* of his actions.

He reached across and placed a hand on her forehead. She looked at him, confused.

"Just checking on that fever," he said, "I didn't expect you to thank me for bringing you here."

She looked at her lap, and smiled.

Jack headed towards the front door, once more carrying Sam's bag for her. She followed him up the path, pausing to look at the roses before going through the open door and shutting it behind her.

Jack put her bag down at the bottom of the stairs and came back through to the living room. She was still standing by the door. He moved over there, put his hands on her shoulders and guided her to the couch. He knelt on the floor in front of her, pulled her shoes from her feet, then lifted her legs and pulled them around until she lay on her couch. He covered her with the blanket, pressed the remote into her hand and disappeared to put her bag in the bedroom.

When he returned, Sam was in the same position he had left her in, with the TV still switched off. He moved over to her and placed his hand on her forehead.

She wasn't feverish, but instead she felt cold to the touch.

Suddenly panicked, he moved his hand to her neck and felt for a pulse. There was one, strong and steady.

Heaving a sigh of relief, he tucked the blanket tighter around her, and she gave him a puzzled look. "Sir? What are you doing?"

"You're cold."

"Yes. But why am I at your house?"

Jack was instantly suspicious. He had told her that in the car, so why was she asking him again? He glanced at her, checking she wasn't teasing him, then asked just to make sure.

"Do I look like I'm teasing you?" was her angry reply.

"No! No, it's just I told you why I brought you here when we were in the car." Sam looked puzzled at this.

"But, I don't remember being in your car. Why was I in your car?"

"What's the last thing you remember?"

"Um, dancing with you."

Jack glanced sideways at her.

"You sure?"

"Yep. What happened after that?"

"Um, you collapsed with a high fever, we went to hospital in an ambulance, woke up about, uh, 2 hours ago, and I brought you here. Then you just stood by the door, so I sat you down on the couch, went to the kitchen to get a drink, came back, and..."

His voice trailed off. Sam looked at him. "Sir, why can't I remember?" She sounded slightly scared.

"Don't worry, Sam. Come on, we'll get you back to the hospital, so Janet can check you out."

"Why's Janet as the hospital?"

"She's visiting a friend who just had a baby."

"Who?"

"I, uh, don't know her name."

Sam didn't reply, but bent down and pulled on her shoes.

"Come on then. Let's go."

As they drove back to the hospital Jack stared at the road ahead, trying to concentrate on driving instead of worrying about Sam.

"Colonel?"

"Umm?"

"We're at the hospital."

Jack jumped, and quickly indicated and turned left into the hospital car park.

"Come on, let's find Janet."

Janet was talking to Liz, who was sitting up, cradling her new born son in her arms, when Colonel O'Neill burst into the room, Sam and 3 nurses hot on his heels.

"Colonel O'Neill! Sam! Why are you back here?"

O'Neill gestured wildly at Sam, an anxious look on his face, "What's wrong with her?"

"Colonel?"

"We got back to my house, she sat on the couch, and then she couldn't remember!"

The nurses gently pushed Jack down into a chair, and then checked on Liz, who was interested, but not worried by, the commotion in her room.

"Colonel, calm down, and explain yourself more clearly."

"He's right, Janet. I remember dancing with the Colonel, then I woke up, except it wasn't really like waking up, on his couch. With no idea how I got there!"

Janet glanced at them. They obviously believed what they were saying, but how was it possible? Temporary amnesia, yes, but not like this!

"OK, I'll take a look at you, but not in here. Liz needs time to rest, and not be disturbed like this!"

Jack appeared to notice Liz and her baby for the first time. He blushed. "I'm really sorry for rushing in like that. Your baby is beautiful. Congratulations."

Sam and Janet looked at him in confusion. This wasn't like the Colonel.

"That's OK. You must be Colonel O'Neill. I'm Liz Barker, and this is my son, James."

"I'll catch you later, Liz, I need to get these two sorted out first."

"OK, Janet. Thanks for visiting me."

"No problem. Right, come on Sam, Colonel, lets get you back to the base."

When they had left Liz turned to the next bed, which had been curtained, and said, "Alright Dad, you can come out now!" And General Hammond jumped to the floor.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Jenny C