Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Forgotten Past

by PhoebeADA
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Forgotten Past

Forgotten Past

by PhoebeADA

Title: Forgotten Past
Author: PhoebeADA
e-mail: NF1703@aol.com
Spoilers: all up to now (I haven't seen the fifth season)
Rating: PG-13 I don't get this rating stuff right anyway.
Pairing: Sam and Jack
Category: Future story, romance, angst, tiny sexual situations
Summary: What would happen when Sam's past shows up?
Disclaimer: I don't own anything of Farscape or Stargate but Colonel Matthew Parker is mine if you would like to lend them just tell me were that I could have a look of their growing. Just Tara Sun, and Justin Daniel Carter are mine if you would like to borrow them just tell me were that I could have a look at their growth. This bit about Tara Sun and Justin Daniel Carter isn't really relative to this actual fiction, so though I haven't deleted it, I've put it in italic, so you can delete if you wanna.
Archive: anywhere just ask Please.
Status: Complete. Maybe there is a sequel but only if I get a lot of feedback.
Author's notes: Well actually I hope you enjoy reading my story. And last but not least: I dont want to forget my really patient and wonderful beta reader Julia. You really deserve a place in heaven for doing this.... :-)
Feedback??? Is this really a Question??? (With feedback there will be sequel,
I know life is a bitch)

"Major Carter I would like to know if you have finished these calculations about the naquada reaction with PL2?" General George Hammond said.

"Well Sir, actually they're nearly ready. Ill need one more day but then the calculations will be finished, Sir." Samantha Carter answered.

"Good Major. Colonel O'Neill I want you and your team finished the reports until tomorrow. And now I will introduce you to the new CO of SG-2. Colonel Matthew Parker he has transferred from the Navy Seals Command."

Sam's head snapped up as she heard the name and her face went pale.

"Excuse me Sir what was the name?" she asked.

"Colonel Matthew Parker, Major. Do you know him?" The General asked.

Sam shook her head.

"I thought so but the Matthew Parker I know went MIA over 9 years ago... he was my first CO. So it must be a different one. I..." Sam's voice trailed of as she recognized the man that was standing in the door. He was handsome looking with his green eyes and the black short cut hair. He was as great as Colonel O'Neill. His face was as pale as hers and he constantly looked at Sam.

"Ahh, Colonel Parker. Have a seat please. This is Colonel O'Neill, Dr. Daniel Jackson, Teal'c and I guess you know Major Samantha Carter." General Hammond said. They nodded each other. Sam hadn't said a word yet.

Jack's gaze wandered between Sam and Colonel Parker. He cleared his throat.

"Well, Colonel are you looking forward to your command?" he asked. Parker meet his gaze.

"Yes. I have read a lot about your missions and I can't wait to go offworld." Parker grinned.

"Colonel Parker, SG-1 you are dismissed. Colonel O'Neill your team is on downtime for the next 36 hours." The General left the room without another word.

"So you were Sam's first CO?" Daniel asked.

"Yeah. She is one of the best officers I had ever the honor to serve with." he said with a loving smile. Sam just stared at him.

"Okay. Samantha stop it. Say something, please." Parker begged.

Jack, Daniel and Teal'c looked at Major Carter.

She just said one word.

"When?" she asked in a whispered voice.

"Sam you...."

"When?" she said angrily.

"Almost 7 years ago but Sammy I..."

Sam stood up. Her hands still on the table.

"You came back 7 years ago. Without saying a word to me?" she asked, hurt.

"When I came back you where engaged to Hanson. How was I supposed to show up in your life again? Hell I...I visited you. I stood in front of your house and then I saw you. You just looked so happy."

"And then you decided. Like always. Right? Go to hell Matthew." Sam turned and went out. Parker smiled at the other men who looked really puzzled.

"She will calm down, I think. So will anybody go to town with me?"

Sam was in the gym. She worked out her anger on the punching bag . She wore a green tank top and her black trainings shorts.

Jack stood in the doorway and watched her torture the bag. Her body was covered with sweat and her hair was a mess.

"Do you need a partner, Major?" Jack asked with a grin. "I think the bag could use a break."

Sam looked up to see her CO standing in the doorway.

"Can I do something for you, Sir?" she asked out of breath.

"The question is can I something do for YOU?" he said.

Sam gave him a small smile.

"Not really, Sir. But thank you."

"You're welcome Major." Jack responded. He turned to leave.

Sam watched him go. She didn't want to speak about it but she thought he most of all had the right to know.

"Sir, wait." Jack turned around immediately.

"Yeah?"

"Maybe you are right. Give me 15 minutes to shower and change."

Jack saluted in front of her.

"Your wish is my command Major." he went out leaving a smiling Sam behind.

The situation didn't leave his mind. Sam had an affair with her CO?

Aloud the little chat Sam and Parker had have. He guessed there was a pair.

He couldn't believe it. His career oriented Major had an affair with her CO. He didn't know what to think. And what did it mean to their relationship. If she was willing to have an affair before, why wasn't she now?

Jack was caught in his thoughts when he saw Sam coming towards him.

"You want to go outside, Carter?" he asked and earned a thankful smile from her. Sam nodded and they headed to the elevator.

Neither of them spoke a word until they reached the surface and went to Sam's favourite spot on the mountain. They sat down and Jack waited for Sam to start.

"I meet Matthew Parker 11 years ago. I came fresh from the Academy and he was my first CO. From...from the first time we meet we felt an attraction to each other. But you know it's against regulations having an affair with your CO. So we didn't act on our feelings." Sam looked up to see any reaction from Jack. He just sat there and listened to her.

"Well after a year we came back from a mission. Where we almost lost our lives. Let me make it short. Not much later we decided to act ON our feelings and AGAINST the regulations."

Sam sighed. She couldn't meet Jacks eyes now.

"We were truly happy. I can tell you. We were discreet so nobody knew or knows about it. Than half a year later our team was sent on a mission in Iraq. I couldn't join them `cause I ... I was ill. Later I found out that I was pregnant. The team went out on this mission. And they all came back except Matthew. He was declared MIA. We searched a long time but then we gave up. I mourned him like a widow. I thought that it was my fault. Maybe if I had been there it hadn`t happened. I had such a lack of stability.

That was the time I ascertained that I was pregnant with Matthews child. I... asked for a transfer so I landed at the Pentagon. I haven't seen him since. When I was in D.C. I had an accident and lost the child. I was in the 6th month. She was so tiny. I named her Caitlin." Sam took a deep breath she didn't want to carry on. But he deserved the truth.

"A short time after that I meet Jonas. He was so gentle and kind. He...he was just there. At the time he asked me to marry him I truly was in love with him.

Later I found out about his tendency to beat the crap out of me. He did it twice before I threw him out. And well the rest is history.

After what have happened to Matthew I decided that I would never have a liaison with my CO again. I just couldn't stand it again. The secrets, the lies. To hide my feelings. I couldn't doesn't matter how much I want it now with ... with you. There is nothing I want more but I ... I can't.

I'm telling you this because I think you deserve the truth." Sam ended with tears in her eyes. Jack was stunned. He had never expected to hear the whole story from her. Especially the part with `how much I want it now with...with you` he had never expected such feelings from her.

Sure he knew that she cared about him but this was truly a surprise.

He lifted her chin up so that he could look her in her beautiful blue eyes. She met his gaze and he smiled at her.

"I would never judge you. Whatever you have done before makes you the person you are now. The person I trust with my life. The person I really care about. It makes you the most special person I know." he said tenderly and whiped a tear from her cheek.

Sam closed her eyes and cuddled her face through his hand.

"Thank you. Jack." she whispered. His gaze turned surprised up. The times he heard her say his name could be counted on one hand.

He smiled and wrapped one arm around her shoulders.

Neither of them spoke a word. It wasn't necessary. They just sat there deep in their own thoughts and happy with their silent understanding.

The End

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to PhoebeADA