Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

How It Started

by Obsessed
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
How It Started

How It Started

by obsessed

TITLE: How It Started
AUTHOR: obsessed
EMAIL:o_neill_obsessed@yahoo.co.uk
CATEGORY: Angst (big angst), a little Romance
PAIRINGS: Sam and Jack, Daniel and Janet
SPOILERS: 1969
SEASON / SEQUEL: Season 2, just after 1969
RATING: Pg-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: Character Death, M/F
SUMMERY: Sam's fed up of going no where
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN THESE PEOPLE. I just really, really love them and am borrowing them. I really, really, really love that Four Star Mary song but I don't own it. And I make no money form this. I make no money at all.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This is pure pain, angst and suffering cause, well that was the mood I was in. Am in. Anyway, well if you like it tell me if you don't I don't blame you. To tell you the truth, no offence, but going out looking for angst stories is kinda masochistic. I hope you just stumbled on this. The little girl, is named after my mate who I love and need. It's a name only thing. Thanks Beck. The green bits are all Daniel thinking.

Feelings
I've been lost for years
You can never understand me
Unless you've seen those tears
But you never go to sleep
When I'm awake
I don't mind
Deeper that you lay
Out of time
PAIN
I can't sleep
PAIN
I can't sleep

:-Pain-Four Star Mary

Daniel

I've seen a lot of pain and anguish on a lot of faces and in a lot of eyes but none more painful than what I recognise in the eyes of little Rebecca O'Neill. In the way she cries herself to sleep every night, the haunted look she has when she wakes to Janet and I, the way she refuses to go to her old house. It makes me feel like ripping my heart out and I know Janet still cries about it. She tries to hide it from me so she can be strong for us all. Tries too hard. It's been nine months and Becky is still hurting and she tries to hide it too, but I tuck her in most nights, well every night, I see her tears. It all started after something the whole of the SGC had been waiting a long time for. Something Jack and Sam had been waiting their whole lives for.

I'm completely sure what happened, I mean I know but to tell the truth I don't know what happened to set them off. I don't Sam and Jack knew, Sam just well picked the right moment. Janet thinks it was just the relief of getting home after being stuck in the past and getting lost in the future.

How it started

"Home sweet home" Sam said to herself as she knocked on the locker room door. Receiving no answer she slowly opened the door and peeked inside.

"Hello" she called. Jack came out of the showers, a towel around his waist and smiled.

"I'll just be a minute Carter" he said.

"No problem sir" she said. He looked at her and frowned. She nodded, sighing lightly and left the locker room. Jack dried and dressed as quickly as he could and put his things away. In fatigues and a black t-shirt he put his head around the door.

"All yours" he said. She pushed herself away from the wall. "You okay Carter?" he asked as she passed him to go into the locker room. He stayed inside shutting the door behind him.

"I'm fine sir"

"That's a lie captain. I know you" he said. She smiled.

"Things on my mind sir" she said.

"May I as k what?"

"My future, the future" she said. "Where I'm going"

"Intense" he sat on the bench and she sat opposite him.

"So much has happened, yet little has really changed." she shrugged. "I mean, well we still don't know where Daniel's wife is, I still don't see my dad that often, I still" she trailed off. "Teal'c is still stuck living on the base"

"What were you going to say?" he asked.

"I still can't say" she smiled, a hopeless pained smile that emptied Jack inside.

"Do you feel in a rut?" she nodded. "Then do something Carter, take a hold of your future" she looked at him.

"Okay" she said just before she took his head in her hands and kissed him. He didn't fight her and wrapped his hand around her waist and up her back, under her t-shirt. He pulled her on top of him.

"Is this what you meant?" she asked.

"Kind of" he grinned, pulling her t-shirt off. "I shouldn't have bothered getting dressed" she smiled and kissed him again.

And so Rebecca was conceived. And not regretted at all, although out of a moment of passion. She was a very, very big surprise and I totally spun out. Then I started to laugh (I thought it was a wind up) then I promised to help out (after Jack threatened to hit me if I didn't take them seriously)

"Jack" Sam said, he looked up at her and smiled. He got up and shut the office door and went to kiss her. "Ah, ah not on base Jack you promised."

"I can't help it Sam" he complained. She smiled.

"I have something to tell you" she said. She took his hand but kept him a little distance away.

"Please don't say you're eloping with Martouf" he said. Sam laughed.

"I love *you* Jack"

"I love you too Sam"

"But that's not what I have to tell you because you already know that"

"True. Okay, okay what is it?" he asked.

"I'm pregnant" she said in a low voice.

"WHAT!!!!" he cried

"Shush" she warned.

"Jesus Sam you're pregnant?" he smiled. "Oh my" he kissed her and dropped to his knees. "Are you sure?"

"Janet did the test herself. Twice" Sam said. She paused looking at him, his eyes fixed on her stomach. "I want to keep the baby" he smiled and kissed her stomach.

"The general's gonna kill us" he said. She got down on her knees and took both his hands in hers.

"At least we're at the rut" she said. The huge smile on his face grew and he hugged her.

The secret was out, everyone knew and Hammond was thrilled. Well, he wasn't completely happy, it put him in a difficult position but he found a way for them. I'm not sure what it was, something to do with white lies and friends in high-places. Anyway Sam and Jack got married right away before she got any bigger and the baby was born healthy with Jack holding Sam's hand the whole time. Even if she is stronger than she looks (the bandage confirms that). There was hardly a time when he wasn't with her from the moment he found out she was pregnant to the end. When Rebecca was born it was obvious she was her father's daughter. She was such a gorgeous little baby. She is the most beautiful little girl, the product of a great love but she's seen so much sorrow in her short life, it's slowed her. She looks like her father, she's smart like her mother and used to be so full of life but now. She's always tired, she's lost interest in school and in the Stargate (who's gonna believe a six-year-old Jack had said). But then I've lost interest in the Stargate. I've lost two of the best friends I've ever had, it's just hard right now and seeing Becky crying rips us all up inside.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to obsessed