Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

The Chocolate Heart

by SueS
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Chocolate Heart

The Chocolate Heart

by SueS

Summary: This is a response to the Valentine's Day Challenge at the OS board. Daniel receives a special box of chocolates. Many thanks to my beta Gategrrl.
Category: Challenge, Holiday, Romance
Episode Related: 706 Lifeboat
Holiday: Valentine
Season: Season 8
Pairing: Daniel/Sha're
Rating: 13+
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2005-02-06

Kiss me again and again, for your love is sweeter than wine. (Song of Solomon 1:2 NLB)

**********

Jack watched SG-1 walk down the ramp as the wormhole disengaged behind them.

"So, whatcha get?" he asked.

"A box of chocolates," said Carter smiling and nodding towards Daniel who held a small, red, heart-shaped box in his hand.

"Chocolates?" Jack looked at Daniel.

"Yeah, um Keenan gave me a Valentine." He grinned bashfully.

"Keenan was the little boy ..."

"I know that," said Jack cutting off Carter's explanation. He turned his attention back to Daniel. "Daniel?"

Daniel cleared his throat. "I wasn't exactly completely unaware during the time my body was being used as a ... umm ...."

"Lifeboat?" Jack offered.

"Lifeboat." Daniel nodded in agreement. "Keenan was frightened so I told him stories about earth holidays to keep his mind off of all the ... umm ... bad stuff that was happening around him. Any ways, I'm not sure he understood what the holiday was about. He seemed to think it was for people who loved chocolate."

Jack smiled. Now, that would be an appropriate holiday for Daniel, he thought. "Kind of makes you wonder what you'll be getting for St. Paddy's Day," he said with a hint of a brogue.

Daniel raised his eyebrows and quietly made his way out the door.

**********

Daniel looked at the small red box on his coffee table.

Before they had left, Pharrin had pulled him aside. "Dr. Jackson, it seems that when the sleepers' consciousnesses were transferred from your body into mine, a small memory of yours was transferred also. I hope you don't mind, but I put that memory in this piece of chocolate."

How do you put a memory in a piece of chocolate, Daniel wondered as he turned the heart-shaped box so the tip pointed at him. He drummed his fingers on the lid a few times, hesitated, and then slowly lifted the lid. Inside was a single heart-shaped piece of chocolate wrapped in red foil.

A sweet aroma filled the air as he unwrapped the candy. Bringing it to his lips, he could feel the sweetness fill his mouth even before he took a bite. He had never experienced anything so wonderful in his life. He closed his eyes and got lost in the moment. The chocolate felt warm on his lips. It felt alive. It felt like a kiss. If he didn't know any better, he'd say it felt like one of Sha're's kisses. Suddenly, he felt something pull the candy away from his lips.

"I love you, my Dan'el," a voice whispered in his ear.

Daniel opened his eyes. His heart beat rapidly as he looked into the eyes of his wife. He took hold of her hands. They were warm. They had life. Her eyes danced and sparkled. Her breathe was sweet like the chocolate.

"Sha're?"

"I am the memory you lost."

Daniel was puzzled. "I don't understand. I haven't forgotten you. I can never forget you."

Sha're smiled and shook her head. "I am the last kiss we shared."

"On Abydos," he said caressing her cheek, "When I left ..."

She placed her fingers on his lips. "Shhh ... this is not a memory of sorrow or regret. It is our last kiss. If you wish to keep this memory, you must eat the chocolate; otherwise it will be lost forever." Sha're held the chocolate heart up to Daniel's lips. "Do you wish to kiss me, my Dan'el?"

"Yes," he said slowly biting into the tip of the heart. He closed his eyes and let the sweetness filled his mouth. He felt Sha're's lips touch his own. They were warm and sweet and moist. As the chocolate melted in his mouth, he felt her lips slowly pull away as the smoothness of the chocolate made its way down his throat. When the taste was gone and he could no longer feel her lips he opened his eyes.

"More," he said looking into her deep brown eyes.

She broke the rest of the candy heart in half. He closed his eyes and opened his lips, allowing Sha're to place the chocolate in his mouth. This time he felt the warmth of her body next to his when they had embraced. Her aroma sweet and pungent wrapped around every cell of his body. He could hear the whoops and cheers of the people of Abydos fading into the background as he found himself melting into Sha're. Then, as before, when the taste was no longer in his mouth, he felt her lips pull away.

Daniel looked at the last bit of chocolate Sha're held in her hand. He wanted this to last forever. He didn't want it to end. He was filled with sadness when he saw the tears in her eyes.

"Please, you must eat it all, if you wish the memory to remain," she pleaded.

"But what about you?" he asked running his fingers through her hair.

Regretfully, she shook her head. "Do you wish to kiss me, my husband?"

"Yes, again," he said closing his eyes.

This time when Sha're placed the chocolate in his mouth he felt her arms wrap around his neck. He felt his body tingle has it had done before when she had run her fingers through his hair. Then, just like that time on Abydos, he felt the world disappear as he got lost in her kiss.

As the last bit of chocolate melted in his mouth, he felt her lips pull away from his again. Slowly he licked his lips. His tongue searching for one small remnant of taste. When he found it, he heard Sha're whisper, "Good bye, my Dan'el."

He opened his eyes. She was gone. The room was empty. There was only the sound of the night to keep him company now. He picked up the box and carefully traced the heart-shaped hole with his finger.

"Good bye, my Sha're."

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to SueS