Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Uh-Oh!

by Mr Eggers
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Uh-Oh

Uh-Oh

by Mr. Eggers

TITLE: Uh-Oh
AUTHOR: Mr. Eggers
EMAIL: mintchocolatebear@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Romance, Future story
PAIRING: Daniel/Janet
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: You never know when you're gonna get caught!
STATUS: Revision
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.

His eyelids parted and he slowly turned his head to his left. Through his blurred vision, he could tell that the alarm clock read 10 am. 'Wow!', he mused, 'I'm usually up before this.' He rolled over and focused his gaze on the woman sleeping next to him. A wide grin crept across his face. She looked so quiet, so peaceful under the satin sheets. The outline of her body was curved, delicate, and so very...very...sexy. Her hair fell over her face, partially hiding her features. He stared at her, remembering the extraordinary night they had just shared.

Reaching over, he brushed her hair back behind her ear, then kissed her on the cheek. She moaned in contentment as her body readjusted to a more comfortable tuck.

"Good morning.", he greeted softly, still smiling. She opened her eyes and returned the expression.

"Hi...", she whispered back.

"Last night, you were awesome.", said he.

"Mmm...", she purred, "You were unbelievable!" Several silent moments went by. "I'm curious...how long have you been staring at me?" He squirmed closer and encircled his arms around her , pulling her against him. He felt her naked body press up against his. The softness, the warmth.

"Just for a minute." His calm, growling voice gave away a slight hint of inner giddiness and joy. "I think I'll wake up and stare at you every morning. Better than coffee." He paused. "Speaking of which, I could use a pot."

"Mmm...", she agreed, herself a 'coffee-holic' , "Me too, sounds good. Let's go make some." She began to sit up when he tenderly, and slowly pulled her back down into the bed, wrapping her up in the sheets with him.

"Not yet.", he corrected, looking deeply into her eyes. "First, I think you could use some good lovin' to start the day off right..." He leaned in to kiss her lips. She met him halfway.

An hour later, they walked lazily into the kitchen. Both were dressed in Japanese print silk bathrobes and both were eager for coffee. She filled the coffee maker with water, tossed in two scoops of hajiba coffee grounds (courtesy of P3X-875), and turned it on; leaving it to bubble and gurgle.

"Want toast?", he asked.

"Please!", answered she. Into the toaster went several slices of bread. Suddenly the doorbell rang. As if on cue, they froze in mid-action, not moving a muscle between them. Again the doorbell.

"Stay here. I'll get that.", he said, slowly making his way to the door. She resumed her fussing around the kitchen, looking for breakfast munchies. He approached the door, turned the knob and opened. To his shock and horror, he found Major Samantha Carter facing him with her fiancee' Colonel Jack O'Neil standing just behind her. Both were wearing casual clothing and beamed with smiles large enough to brighten anybody's day.

"Uh...um...Sam! Jack!", he stuttered. "I, uh...what are you doing here?" Sam kept on smiling as the Colonel spoke to his friend.

"Well, Daniel, my boy...", said the older Jack , "We're here to invite ya to brunch at Tracie's this morning."

"We tried to get a hold of Janet", chimed Sam, "but she wasn't home. Who knows where she could be at a time like this?..."

Daniel squirmed at the comment. He needed to ask a question, something to take his mind off of the current topic.

"So, where's Teal'c?"

"He's in the car, reading a comic book." Sam replied looking back at the large Jaffa in the back seat of the vehicle. The man was in deep thought with the characters of the monthly pictorial novelette, "He seems to have taken a HUGE liking those things, lately."

"Yeah,", added Jack, "He says it reminds him of our own travels...wonder what makes him think a thing like that?" Sam noticed Daniel's apprehension.

"You look tense,", she observed. "Is something the matter?" Daniel's skin flushed and his voice quivered.

"No, why?"

"Because", teased Jack, "You look like a man trying to hide a secret from his friends."

"Nope!", came the voice of the linguist, "What...uh...what would I have to, uh...hide...anyway?"

Sam was about to give him a list of examples, when a voice stopped her cold.

"Danny, honey, do you want cream or sugar in your coffee?" Silence. Again the voice, slight worry imbued into it. "Daniel?" More silence, finally broken by Sam's inquisitiveness.

"Janet?", she asked, shouting. Janet's voice answered in total disbelief.

"Sam?!" Jack turned to his comrade, mouth hanging open.

"Space monkey? You and....Janet?"

Daniel shifted his gaze to his bare feet. He had only one reply.

"Oh boy..."

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Mr. Eggers