Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Fallen

by Mistletoe
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Fallen

Fallen

by Mistletoe

TITLE: Fallen
AUTHOR: Mistletoe
EMAIL: miss_loy83@yahoo.com.au
CATEGORY: SJR, Romance
SPOILERS: Very minor ones for D&C and Beneath the Surface
SEASON / SEQUEL: Season 4
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: None...unless you detest sweet soppy stuff!
SUMMARY: General romantic babble on Jack's part...and a little on Sam's too.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This is only my second fanfic, so I need feedback! Remember people - feedback is more than an action, it is a way of life! I'm a sucker for Sam and Jack romances - they are SO meant to be together! So read and send me a mail here in Oz and I would greatly appreciate it!

The evening was still and quiet, the great blue expanse of the sky above dotted with a million stars. Jack sat back on his roof and listlessly fiddled with the end of his telescope, vaguely wondering if any of those stars were actually planets that he had been to before. He was sure Sam would be able to tell him the answer to that...except it would probably be in some great big long sentence of scientific babble, but he would sit and listen anyway. Well, not really listen - look like he was interested, but his mind would be elsewhere, looking at her face and her eyes. Her eyes - he loved the way they lit up whenever anything scientific came along or needed explaining. Her brain working overtime, as per usual, but creating an energy that was reflected in her sapphire eyes.

Sam.

The woman he loved, but the woman he wasn't allowed to love. The woman he couldn't live without, but the woman he had to live without. He loved her. He knew it, and he knew that it was deeper than anything he had experienced before, even with Sara.

And he knew he shouldn't be thinking about her this way. But he couldn't help it.

He had fallen for her, big time, and now there was no going back. He had fallen for his 2IC, but the pain it caused him everytime he had to remind himself of the rules was so immense that it nearly killed him. He loved her so much, that the thought of living without her was too much to bear. He had survived under torture from both Iraqui's and alien devices, had lived through his fair share of firefights, and had witnessed and caused deaths...and yet it was her that turned him to putty, that pulled all his defences down. She was the reason he was still alive today, because where she broke through his shell she protected him and had saved him so many times he couldn't count. She was the hand that put the broken jigsaw puzzle of his life back together.

He knew she felt the same way. Sure they'd both had to admit it during the whole Zatarc situation, and the fact that they both truly loved each other certainly came to surface while on that ice planet, their memories had been lost, but there love had been so true and deep that it still came to surface. But it was more than this - he knew she felt the same way by the way she smiled at him, and by the way they stole little glances at each other all the time. By the way even the slightest touch caused a simultaneous shiver through them. By the way that she said his name, whenever not in a military state of mind. But more than all of this, he knew she loved him by simply by the way she was around him. She exuded an aura of an undying love and protection for him, and he knew he loved her because he was the only one who could see it. He loved her, it was that simple and yet that complicated.

He had fallen for her.

Just then, Jack was snapped out of his eternal reverie by the sound of a car door slamming below him. He looked down and there was his angel walking up the driveway towards the front door.

"Carter! Up here!"

She looked up at him and smiled and he could feel the breath being sucked right out of him. The moonlight shone of her hair and sparkled in her eyes. And she looked so gorgeous in the simple blue jeans and top that she was wearing. But again, he was smitten by the smile that he termed the "Only for me" smile.

"Hey sir."

"Jack"

"What?"

"Off duty Sam."

"If you say so"

"I do. Come on up."

"If you insist!" He laughed at her cheeky grin.

"Oh believe me I do!" Sam climbed up the lattice work on the side of the house and settled down beside him.

"So what'd you come round for?" he asked her. He noticed her head drop slightly, avoiding his gaze, staring into the drink he'd just handed her.

"Well...just to say hello really. We've been on down time for 2 weeks now, with Daniel's being in hospital..."

"Again" She smiled again.

"Yeah. So...." There was a slight pause, and then he spoke again, but very quietly this time.

"You missed me?" She didn't miss the sudden change in his voice, and looked up to see him staring at her with such intensity that she didn't speak for a few moments. When finally she answered, it nearly put him into shock.

"Yes. More than you'll ever know."

"I don't know about that.....do you love me, Sam?"

"You know I do."

"Yeah...just double-checking."

"So...what are we going to do?"

A mischievious twinkle came to Jack's eyes. He picked up her hand and kissed it, feeling the shiver that ran through her.

"Well, first I thought I'd do this..." He started to kiss up her arm and kissed her neck. "Then I thought I might do this..." He looked into her eyes and said, as he lowered his mouth to hers, "Then I thought we could do this..." And the kiss he gave her was so sweet, yet passionate and intense that she had to cling onto him to keep herself from falling. When they finally broke away from each other, she had tears in her eyes.

"Sam? What's wrong?"

"Nothing at all! Everything's perfect - it's so like a dream and makes me so happy. Please tell me you feel the same way." With tears pricking in his own eyes he replied,

"I do, more than I could ever say. I love you so much that I know I'll never be able to live without you. Marry me?" Sam, who was in the process of feebly wiping away the tears streaming down her cheeks, stopped suddenly.

"What did you say?"

"Samantha Carter, I love you more than words could ever say. Regulations or no regulations, I know now that I don't care either way and that whatever it takes I want to be with you for the rest of my life and hold you like this for eternity. Will you be my wife, and take this man, who's life you have put back together, as your husband?"

"Oh Jack, you know the answer to that! Of course I will! Nothing would make me happier!"

And, laughing, she grabbed him and hugged him and the rest of the night was....history....

He had fallen, and he didn't care!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Mistletoe