Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Vampire Slayer 8: Gifts & Traditions

by Miss Wendy
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Gifts & Traditions

Gifts & Traditions

by Miss Wendy

TITLE: Gifts & Traditions
AUTHOR: Miss Wendy
EMAIL: wendy.rhodes@ntlworld.com
CATEGORY: Action/Adventure, Crossover (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Romance, Series
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: None that I am aware of.
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4; Part of Vampire Slayer series. 01 What Goes Bump in the Night 02 Girls Just Wanna Have Fun parts 1 and 2 03 the Virus 04 All Mighty and Powerful 05 Burning Passion 06 Aftershock 07 Aqua World
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: crossover, male/female relationship, violence
SUMMARY: Sam is given a gift.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Only one thing to say, it's not over yet.
Oh sorry two things. I need feedback.
There you go! Enjoy!

Samantha Carter walked along the beach, dressed in a long white dress. Her now long blonde hair blowing in the breeze with a flower at the right side. Her bare feet touching the soft sand, and the waves reaching her toes. Turning to see what was behind her she saw another blonde haired woman. Looking quite young, yet familiar to her. "Mother." she said softly.

"Yes." she replied. Samantha looked at her mother and said

"You haven't changed."

"Here time stands still."

"Where ishere?" she asked, also softly.

"Where do you think here is?" Suddenly the beach was gone and she was in a forest, still wearing the same clothes. "Mother???" she asked out for.

"No." said a voice. She turned around to see a woman who looked like she came from the cave man ages. "Who are you?" asked Samantha.

"I am the one you are looking for." Samantha looked confused.

"I don't understand, how can I be looking for you. I don't know you." she asked

"It is nearly time, unfortunately more is happening."

"Time????? Time for what??"

"You will know when it happens."

"You are not making sense."

"This will never make sense unless you believe what I say."

"Ooookay."

"They are building numbers."

"Who are building numbers."

"The ones you were chosen to fight. The ones I was chosen to fight."

"Your a slayer???" she asked, again confused.

"I am the first of many."

"Your the first Slayer??? How is this possible???"

"You must rest your questions and listen to my answers." Samantha remained silent.

"On your birthday we will meet. You will be given a gift and they are building in numbers you must stop them" The forest was gone and so was the first slayer, she was back on the beach.

The sun was setting and she was sitting on a rock. She looked out at the sea and saw her mother again step out from the water as dry as a bone.

"Samantha, you must wake up."

"I'm asleep?"

"Yes."

"Then this is all a dream???"

"No."

"You see that's where I loose you. I don't understand."

"You will, continue your travels."

"Travels?? Are you talking about the stargate??"

"I am talking about the path you life has taken. Continue on it."

"Again confusion."

"If you remain confused you will never be able to ascertain your destiny." at that Samantha woke up.

She found herself in the infirmary with her lover, Jack O'Neill, sitting right beside her. "Why am I here?" asked Sam grogilly.

"Oh I brought you here when you wouldn't wake up." answered Jack

"I wouldn't wake.. up." she asked. She then saw Janet come into focus as well.

"Yes the Colonel said your pulse was racing."

"I need to see Giles."

"Why??" asked Jack.

"He needs to know."

"Know what?" asked Janet

"What is going to happen."

"Youweredreaming." said Jack

"No They told me." she sat up.

"Who told you?" asked Janet

"My mother." Jack and Janet exchanged looks.

Giles listened to every word that Sam said. After she had finished recounting her dream all he said was "Wow." They were alone, in Sam's office. Having a one-on-one.

"Just wow."

"I'm thinking."

"Giles, this first slayer said they were building by numbers. Could she be talking about Vampires."

"Possibly, I'm unsure."

"I don't know why I saw her."

"I don't know why you saw your mother."

"Is that bad?"

"Well normally these dreams aren't so verbal, they are normally images."

"Oh."

"But don't feel bad, she was there for a reason. But we must discuss this gift she mentioned."

"Why?"

"How old are you Sam?"

"Excuse me???!"

"I'm sorry, it's important."

"It's my 30 th birthday two days from now."

"And she knew that?"

"Apparently we're going to meet." Giles stood up and went to the book shelf. He pulled out a book and began looking through it. He stopped when he reached the page he was looking for and sat back down. "I thought so." said Giles

"What?"

"There is an acient prophecy that when a slayer reaches 30 she will meet the first slayer and she will be given a gift."

"I've never heard of that?"

"Well no slayer has ever reached 30, not even the first one. You're the first to get there."

"Is this good or bad?" asked Sam, slightly concerned

"Well that would depend on the gift that she will give you. But Sam you must carry on with what ever you had intended to do, she will meet you no matter where you are, even if you do end up on the other side of the galaxy."

"That's what my mother said." said Sam

"Which bit?"

"The part where I carry on, on the path that my life has taken, or something to that effect."

"She's right, don't go out of your way to meet her."

"Yeah yeah she'll come to me." Sam stood up and turned to walk out "Er Giles."

"Yes."

"How come no slayer, except me, has reached 30 years."

"Because the job is dangerous, and you've got you're military training and a strong background. I told you that when I first met you, rememeber."

"Yes , I do." Sam smiled and then walked out.

<<<<>>>>

Samantha Carter looked at her watcher. "So I'm expected to be this Slayer and expected to what????"

"Samantha, you must trust me. You will survive."

"How do you know?"

"You have a strong background, and you've been training for the Air Force have you not."

"You expect to much of me."

"I don't think so."

<<<<>>>>

Giles walked out of Sam's office after switching off the light, knowing full well that she won't be coming back today.

She lay in her lovers arms as he began to draw lazy patterns on her arms. "How was your patrol?" asked Jack

"Oh normal."

"Still here then?" Sam laughed a little "Are you okay? You know after your dream?"

"Yeah, it was a little wierd. But it'll be okay."

"Good." said Jack. As he returned to finger drawing on her arm.

"Buffy?" said Giles, as he opened the door to see her standing there.

"Hi Giles!" she said walking in.

"What can I do for you?"

"I need to know about Sam's dream."

"Why?"

"Well what's going to happen, perhaps a harvest or two."

"Nothing specific was told, just that something was building in numbers. Sam thinks it could be vampires."

"Oh well, do you think we ought to check it out."

"As a matter of fact I was going to say that tomorrow night when Sam get's back from a mission you and Sam could go on a little recon and see if you can see anything unusual."

"Unusual???" asked Spike walking in.

"Hello Spike, do you wanna be staked?" asked Buffy

"No, I want feeding that's what I want."

"Giles he wants blood."

"I got that Buffy. Spike I haven't got any here"

"How am I meant to get fed?"

"By going to the butchers. I'm sure if you explain the situation to them, then they will be more than happy to share a little blood with you."

"Look, c'mon please, feed me?"

"Oh I have one packet left, Spike and that really is my last one." Spike ran into Giles kitchen and pulled out the packet from the fridge and placed in the microwave. As his *dinner* was cooking he looked at Giles and Buffy and asked "Have any of you seen Sammy?"

"Sammy????" they both asked at the same time

"The other slayer, who actually managed to kill Faith."

"Oh you mean Sam." said Giles

"Yes. I hope she's alright."

"You have a crush on her???" said Buffy, disgusted.

"No." he said firmly. "She just seems more friendly than you guys, you know like she deals with different type of people on a daily basis."

"That she does??"

"Yeah perhaps you could tell her I was looking for her?"

"Sure will do." said Buffy walking out "See ya tomorrow Giles."

"Yes er see you later Buffy." He then looked at Spike and said "No spilling on my carpet."

"Sorry!!!"

SG-1 walked out of the stargate onto another planet. "Hello." said Daniel as he walked upto FRED.

"This looks different."

"Yeah, where are the trees?" asked Jack

"I don't believe it." shouted Daniel

"What??"

"When we go to a planet with trees you complain. When we go to a planet without trees you complain. Could we have a middle, please." whined Daniel. Sam and Teal'c exchanged looks of concern and humour.

"Why don't we just carry on with the survey, eh Daniel?" said Sam, pulling her friend forward in the direction of what looked like a beach.

They all walked along the beach when Sam stopped dead in her tracks, suddenly realising where she was. "What? What's wrong?" asked Jack.

"This....er this place...beach. It was in my dream." Suddenly they heard Teal'c shout out

"O'Neill!!!" he shouted

"Teal'c what is it?" he asked

"I have found a native." he said. SG-1 looked at the woman crouched down on the floor. She was the first slayer, but this was unknown to them, except for Sam "It's not my birthday." she said, all of SG-1 looked concerned at her. "Not everything happens the way we plan. You must recieve your gift now."

"What gift?" asked Jack. Sam looked at him and he got the message. The three men stepped back as Sam stepped forward.

The first slayer stood up and handed her a stake. Sam slowly took it and looked at her "thisis my gift?"

"No it is a representation of your gift."

"I don't understand."

"As you keep saying." she, being the first slayer, walked upto Sam, so that she was almost standing directly on top of her. There was a bright light as the first slayer stepped into Sam's body.

Daniel, Teal'c and Jack couldn't look, the light was blinding. But when they could look the first slayer was gone and Sam was on the floor. Jack ran upto her and checked her pulse. "Her pulse is racing again. Daniel dial us home." said Jack, lifting Sam up and carrying her in his arms.

Sam woke up in the infirmary, again unsure of why she was there. "You had a little run in with the first slayer!" said Jack, replying her unvoiced question.

"Run...in??" said Sam. Giles walked upto her and said

"Run in, isn't the correct term to use. She gave you your gift."

"Gift???" asked Jack and Janet. Sam looked at Jack and saw the confusion in his eyes

"He's talking about my dream."

"Oh right...okay what gift?" replied Jack

"I'm not sure. I feel...I don't know different." answered Sam.

"Different???" said Jack, Janet and Giles at the same time

"Can you be specific?" asked Giles

"No, 'fraid not. I just.....feel different."

"How different?" asked Janet

"Well I feel...energetic I suppose."

"The only thing I can do is research a little more into this prophecy." said Giles, smiling at her reassuringly and walked out.

"Well do we actually have?" asked Sam , as her, Giles, Buffy and the gang(minus SG-1) were preparing for there little recon. "Well so far all we got from Spike was that Vampires aren't just eating anymore, their turning them into Vampires." said Buffy

"That's...unusual." said Sam

"No kiddin'." replied Xander, standing completely straight.

"What's up with you?" asked Sam

"Nothing!" he said, too quickly. Earning looks from both Slayers and Willow and Giles.

"He hurt his back at work, I think he may have pulled a muscle." said Anya, smiling.

"It's not funny!" defended Xander

"How did you manage that, Xander?" asked Buffy

"He chose a fight with a bigger guy." answered Anya.

"Oh I see!" said Sam "Well anyway we can talk about this another time." suddenly in burst's Jack and Daniel along with Teal'c who is wearing a hat. "We're joining you." said Jack.

"You are??" asked Willow, confused

"I'm sure my training in the Air Force should come in handy. And Daniel and Teal'c are always lots of fun to hang around." replied Jack.

"Great." smiled Sam. Jack smiled back, their eyes locking for a second, but to them it felt like an eternity.

"So where exactly are we?" asked Sam, as her and Buffy walked into what looked like a deserted building. "I'm not sure, I'm hoping will be able to find your movement." replied Buffy

"I don't mind." said Sam

"Mind what?" asked Buffy

"That you don't believe me."

"I never said that. I just....you're right I don't believe the first slayer could possibly give you a gift. It sounds far fetched."

"So is the Stargate and being a Vampire Slayer."

"True, but I got proof."

"A-ha." suddenly three Vampires came flying at them. Knocking Sam and Buffy to the ground.

"Ouch." said Buffy. Standing up, she saw lots of Vampires all standing in a crowd, around a single vampire who appeared to be the leader. "Well Hello!" said Buffy. Sam stood up and looked directly at the vampire she was talking to. "I'm really sorry." said Sam suddenly, causing Buffy to look oddly at her. "But we appear to be lost." Buffy finally got what she was doing and said,

"Yeah, you don't happen to know where the bathroom is do you?"

"You're not Vampires, how do you know of this place?" he shouted

"Oh well you know." said Sam "We have friends."

"Whatfriends?"

"Us!" shouted Spike, along with the others.

"Spike??????" said Buffy and Sam, in shock. They all fired an arrow and manage to dust about 5 vampires and then the fighting started.

As Sam was fighting two vampires she began to realise that something was different.

A Vampire tried to grab her from behind but she just staked without even acknowledging that it was there. Another vampire then flew toward her, obviously Buffy had just thrown him. Sam grabbed him by the shirt and threw him toward the wall. She had only intended to knock him into the wall, but instead he went straight through the wall.

"My god!!" exclaimed Sam.

"No kiddin'." said Jack, suddenly standing with his jaw on the floor.

"Sam?" shouted Giles, inbetween knocking Vampires away. "That is your gift, use it!" Sam was so fast, all Jack could do was remain shocked and knock them away. Managing to stake quite alot, along with the others dusting a few, before the other vampires got the message and left.

Sam walked upto the huge hole in the wall. She saw steps and noticed that there were people down there in the other room. Waving to Giles, he came over. "What is it?"

"Look!"

"My god! Let's get them out shall we?" said Giles.

"Well I've found something about your gift." said Giles, mainly to Sam, but to the others in the briefing room at the SGC. "What about it?" asked Sam

"Well you'd best take a few deep breaths before I tell you."

"Okay." said Sam

"Don't forget the breaths." said Jack, sarcastically. Hammond looked at him and he decided to shut up.

"Well, I got this information of the Watcher Council, although they did give it me, reluctantly."

"Just tell me." said Sam

"Yes Giles, do tell." said Buffy

"Sam, you areFOURtimes." he paused and then swallowed a lump in his throat before continuing. "Stronger and faster than you were yesterday." Sam literally had her mouth on the floor, to say she was gobsmacked would have been an understatement.

"Cansheactuallyget stronger." said Jack

"Yeah I mean she was pretty strong before. I mean surely not." said Xander

"It's true and I think we all saw the proof when we were attacking the vampires." continued Giles "But Sam you must understand, this is like when you first became a slayer you must re-train."

"Re-Train???" said Sam.

"Yes. I'm volunteering. I know the Watchers Council wants you to have a proper watcher and I know I was fired...."

"Giles?" interrupted Sam

"Yes."

"I would like you to be my watcher,again."

"Great."

"Wait a minute, can I just please get one thing straight." said Hammond "Stronger????"

"Yes." said Giles

"What about me???" said Buffy, everyone looked at her and looked at her confused face.

"Come in Jack." said Hammond, as Jack knocked on his office

"You wanted to see me, sir?" asked Jack, wanting to get down to business.

"Yes, I did son. Contrary to the popular belief of the officers assigned to this base. I DO know what goes on between my officers. I also understand the unique situation that you and Major Carter have been placed in."

"Sir???"

"So does the president, at that end, I have been authorised to allow your relatioship." Hammond looked at Jack's smiling face. "However, I want it made very clear that if I see the two of you snogging in the corridoors, I will seperate the team."

"Yes sir."

"Dismissed, Colonel."

"Yes sir." Jack remained still.

"Colonel. I suggest you go home, otherwise you'll be sleeping on the sofa."

"Yes sir." at that Jack finally remembered where the door was. As he opened the door he looked at the General and said

"How did you know, sir?"

"Let's just say....No I can't tell you." he answered, shaking his head

"Thank you, sir." Jack then saluted him and walked out, with a massive grin on his face.

***finished for now***

What did you think?

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Miss Wendy