Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Vampire Slayer 13: The Disease

by Miss Wendy
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Disease

The Disease

by Miss Wendy

The Disease
AUTHOR: Miss Wendy
EMAIL: wendy.rhodes@ntlworld.com
CATEGORY: Action/Adventure, Crossover (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Hurt/Comfort, Romance, Series
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: Tiny weeny spoiler, for Show and Tell. Those you notice get a gold star.
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4; Part of Vampire Slayer series 01 What Goes Bump in the Night 02 Girls Just Wanna Have Fun parts 1 and 2 03 The Virus 04 All Mighty and Powerful 05 Burning Passion 06 Aftershock 07 Aqua World 08 Gifts and Traditions 09 Captured 10 Heartache 11 This Evil Heart 12 Good Days Bad Days
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: crossover, violence
SUMMARY: Sam has a disease from her time spent on another planet.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors. A spell is used on this story, which is taken from 'Charmed' Also (I always forget this) Buffy the Vampire Slayer and all her chums are not owned by me.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I just wanna say hi. You people are great (Partly due to the fact that you all watch stargate) Feedback is greatly needed and appreciated, you know what to do. Enjoy, the story.

SG-1 stood ready in the 'gate room, as the Stargate was dialing up the planet. "Well, I hope you can figure out that wall quick." said Jack, already fed-up and they weren't even there yet.

"Jack, it will take as long as it takes." replied Daniel. As Sam stood behind them, she felt as if they were moving further and further away. She flet dizzy, and disorientated. As she saw her team members spin around the room, as if they were on a rollarcoaster. The heat that she was feeling was making her feel worse.

Jack stood watching the 'gate dial up. "So Danny, how do we intend to translate pictures." he asked

"Well,......you're asking?"

"I'm asking. What?"

"You mean to tell me, you want to know."

"I wouldn't mind knowing why I am gonna be bored."

"Sam." Daniel turned to Sam, for support "Tell him.....Are you okay?" he asked. Sam didn't answer. Jack looked at her face, sweat was pouring down her face. She then dropped to the floor. "My god!" The men ran to her side. Teal'c dropped his staff weapon and rushed to check her temperature. Jack put his cheek near her mouth. "Oh crap, she's not breathing." At that point Janet ran in.

"I don't know..." replied Jack, finding a lump in his throat as tears actually threatened to fall.

He pulled his other team members up, and tried desperately to breath. So that Janet and her team could do there work. Janet used a stethoscope to check for her heart. "My god! Where's that defibrilator?" A nurse ran in with a defibrilator and switched it on. They cut her clothes off her body and *Charged the paddles* "Clear." said Janet, and she shocked Sam. Janet looked at her nurse. "Nothing." she said.

"Again, clear." Janet shocked her friend again. Jack felt like he could cry, his love was none responsive. Daniel and Teal'c looked very worried, as well. "We've got nothing." came the nurse again.

"Again!" shouted Janet

"Doctor?" The nurse questioned her.

"She's my friend, now do it again." she ordered. They shocked her again. The nurse was amazed.

"I've got a pulse." Janet checked Sam's breathing and smiled. Sam opened her eyes and looked up at Janet. "God, Sam, what are you trying to do to me? Huh?" said Janet. Sam didn't answer. Janet looked at Jack, who knelt beside Sam and kissed her cheek "Yeah baby, don't do that to me."

"I am pleased to see you Major Carter." said Teal'c, smiling. Sam smiled weakly. A trolley rushed into the 'gate room and they put Sam on it, and wheeled her away. General Hammond walked in and spoke quietly to the other members of SG-1 "I'll put your mission on hold for now." They nodded and walked out.

Jack sat outside the infirmary waiting for Janet to finish her tests on Sam, when Giles and Willow walked upto him. "What happened?" asked Giles

"I don't know, she was just standing there, and she then fell to the floor....she wasn't breathing." Giles could tell Jack was confused.

"What they doing, now?" asked Willow

"Trying to find out what happened." replied Jack, quietly. Janet walked out of the infirmary. Jack stood up and looked at her, "What?" asked Jack

"I don't know. So far as I can tell there is nothing wrong with her. Aside from the fact she seems a little tired. She still has a high temperatue. Other than that, she's fine."

"How come she stopped breathing?" asked Jack

"Now, as far as I can tell there was no reason for that to happen, Her lungs are fine, Her heart rate is fine. There's nothing wrong with her."

"Hey, maybe it's an alien thing." suggested Willow, everybody looked at her, curiously "I know, I'm not too good with the ideas."

"Maybe you are." said Janet

"Why?" asked Jack

"Well do you remember that planet where she was taken to a lab of some kind."

"You talking about that planet with Arjin." asked Jack

"Yes." Jack looked at Janet and then at Giles. A look of an idea flashed his face and he ran off towards the elevator.

"Colonel O'Neill?" Hammond was shocked to find his second running into his office.

"Sir, we have to go back to...p...something. The planet where Sam was taken into that lab." "Colonel, would you mind explaining." Hammond was frustrated by the Colonel's way of explaining himself. "That planet." Jack said, desperately trying to remember it's stupid name

"I know which planet you are refering to, Colonel. I wish to know why you want to go back?"

"I think Sam may have been given something there, sir." That sounds stupid, doesn't it Thought Jack.

"Colonel, that's sounds reidiculous." See, I told ya "Doctor Fraiser has mentioned nothing to me."

"Sir, She doesn't know what's wrong."

"And you do?" Hammond said. He had hit a point. Jack didn't really know.

"Look, sir. I know it's a long shot. It's just I've had this feeling that what happened there was left unsolved. We should have found out exactly what happened to her there and then."

"Colonel I can't let you go with a feeling."

"Sir, I must go."

"Sorry, Jack but until you give me some hard evidence that Major Carter was infected with an illness by this race, you can't go."

"Sir, please."

"Colonel. Please don't make me throw you out of my office."

"Yes, sir." replied Jack, not satisfied with what the General had decided to do.

"I do understand where you are coming from, Jack. She's your fiancee and she is carrying your child. But I hope you can understand where I am coming from."

"Yes, sir. I do."

"Good." Jack turned to leave. "Jack."

"Sir?"

"The best thing you can do, is stay with her."

"Yes, sir."

As Jack sat watching Sam sleep, his thought rested on what happened on that planet, trying desperately to rack his brains, hoping to remember something. Unfortunately Janet interrupted those thoughts. "Colonel, I have news."

"Really?"

"I have found an alien anti-body in her blood. Now if i can just find out where it came from...."

"Did you say alien?"

"Yes, I did."

"As in out-of-this-world?"

"Yes, sir....If..."

"So that means it came from another planet."

"Sir?"

"I want to know if that means I can go to that planet and find out what the hell happened."

"It's not upto me."

"But it's a reason. It's a solid piece of evidence."

"Yes, sir."

"Good." Jack ran out of the infirmary and left Janet feeling very confused.

Jack walked into the infirmary, ready to go through the stargate. He walked upto Sam's bed and kissed her cheek. "I'll be back." he said to her, even though she probably couldn't hear him. Jack then kissed her forehead and turned to walk away. He stopped walking when Giles walked in. "Giles."

"Yes." he replied

"Do me a favour."

"Anything."

"Would you look after her?"

"You know I will." Jack smiled at him.

"Thank you." Jack then walked out, but not before taking one look at Sam.

SG-1 stepped onto the familiar world and walked forward. Teal'c took point while Jack and Daniel walked behind. "Where exactly are we going?" asked Daniel

"To that...village. Place...where we resecued....Daniel why do you always do that to me?"

"Because I know how." he said.

"Funny." replied Jack

"I hope we find what we are looking for." said Daniel, changing the subject.

"So do I." replied Jack "For Sam." Daniel noticed the worry that crossed Jack's face.

They walked upto the door, that they had orignally escaped from "So, how does one get inside?" asked Jack.

"Perhaps if we knock." suggested Daniel. "Sorry!"

"Don't be, Doctor Jackson. That was a very educated suggestion." said Jack, grinning

"Pardon?" Daniel was confused. What the hell was Jack saying. Jack then knocked, loudly.

When the door opened, much to the suprise of all three men, a young alien answered. "Hi, could you take me to your leader, please." asked Jack with that 100% O'Neill attitude that we have come to respect and cherish. Daniel stared at the alien in shock "Arjin??" he asked

"What?" said Jack

"How do you know my name?" asked Arjin

"Shouldn't he be dead." said Teal'c.

"No, I should not." Arjin was confused. "Now, I shall do as you requested." They suddenly felt nauseous as they had done before, but this time it passed once they went through the door. "Why does that happen?" asked Daniel

"It is something in our atmosphere that effects us. The more time you spend on our planet, the more it does not effect you." answered Arjin.

"How do you know we are from another planet?" asked Teal'c, as they walked.

"You could not be from any where else." he replied.

"Do you not remember us?" asked Daniel

"Should I?" he asked.

"No!" said Jack, shaking his head at Daniel and Teal'c. They nodded in reply.

They finally came to a room, with a strange man sitting on a chair at one end. "Hi. My name is..."

"Colonel Jack O'Neill. I do remember you from before." he said, finishing Jack's sentence

"Well I'm the type of person, you can't forget." said Jack.

"I'm sure." said the man, he obviously didn't like humor, so Jack decided to continue.

"I'm here because the woman we were with last time, has apparently contracted some alien virus, and we were..."

"You wanted to know, if we gave the female this virus?" he said

"Well yes." Jack turned to Daniel for support. Daniel shook his head, he intended to wait for his turn

"We did not give it her, all our females have died from this disease."

"So what did you do to her?" asked Jack

"We tried to find a way to cure the last of our women, but that has failed." Daniel decided to chip in

"What happened? Where did this disease come from?"

"Something in our planet's atmosphere, makes us sick, when we are outside. Most of us are immune now. But....the atmosphere also made our women sick. Very sick."

"Are we suppose to buy into this?" asked Jack, disgusted

"It is the truth, and for proof of that truth. I shall send you back to the circle, from which you came." he said

"Woah, wait." said Daniel , waving his hands "What happened to Arjin? How come he is alive?"

"The only way to keep our species alive, is to use our advanced to technology to bring our people back from the dead."

"Advanced technology? If it's advanced how come you couldn't save them from the disease?" asked Daniel

"Because it is uncureable."

"I won't accept that." said Jack, determination filled his voice.

"I am sorry, but it is true." Suddenly they found themselves back at the Stargate.

"I think you should dial us up, Daniel." said Jack. Daniel didn't answer he dialed the gate and sent the signal and they all walked back through.

"So this disease is uncureable?" said Hammond, to a room full of people. As the scoobies and SG-1 were there. "That's what he said." said Daniel

"There must be something." said Jack, who had his head in his arms and spralled himself on the table

"Not according to their leader." said Teal'c.

"What about us?" asked Xander "I mean come on, how many wierd things have we seen. Surely something could cure a sickness."

"I agree." said Buffy "But what?"

"Magic." said Willow, quietly yet suddenly

"How?" asked Daniel

"Well, I'm sure there's a spell that can reverse what has happened." said Willow "We just need to find it."

Tara ran into the infirmary with a Ninja doll. "A doll is going to help her?" asked Jack, sarcastically

"It is a part of the spell. We need some of her blood." said Tara.

"Here." Janet gave them the test tube, of Sam's very recent blood. Tara put the doll on Sam's stomach and poured a tiny amount on the doll. "This had better work." said Jack. Willow stood on the other side of Sam and put one hand on the doll on the other hand on Sam's forehead. Tara did the same thing.

They began chanting a spell to reverse her sickness.

Troubled blood which sleeps unease

Remove the cause of this disease

Take sleep eternal never more

and shift the source unearthy spawn

to make that was awakened sleep again

To this puppet queen mon shamaun

They must have repeated the spell about 4 times when finally Sam just sat up, and gasped. "Sam." Jack quickly ran to her side and held onto her very tightly.

"Hi. What happened?" she asked "Why do I feel a little tired?" They all laughed and smiled at her. Jack began kissing all over her face and cheeks. "I take it I was missed." she said.

"Of course." said Jack, with a grin plastered on his face.

General Hammond walked into his office and sat down, pleased Sam had been cured. He was about to open another file to write yet another report, when he felt a wind rush past him. He looked around and saw nothing. He shrugged and continued his report. Suddenly the door slammed shut. "Hello." he called out. "Who's there?" he asked. Suddenly an alien appeared. It was the leader from the alien people. "Your witches have cured your woman."

"Yes they have. How did you get in here?" he asked. The alien didn't reply, he just walked out. Hammond ran after him.

Hammond found himself in the control room. Daniel and other officers were being held captive by aliens. An alien grabbed him from behind and pulled him to the floor. "How did you get onto my base?" barked Hammond

"We came back with your team...SG-1." replied the alien, who had met him in his office. Everyone was worried.

Sam Carter lay in her bed as Jack spoke to her about what had happened. When suddenly three aliens walked in holding VERY advanced weapons. "Everybody stay where you are." Jack stood up and said. "Why should we?"

"Because if you don't I will kill..." the alien grabbed Willow "This witch."

"How do you know she is a witch?" asked Sam, who had sat up.

"Because I was here." he replied. Willow looked set to knock the man over, but Sam shook her head at her. They all raised their hands in the air, as if to surrender.

Daniel was sat with Graham Simmons and General Hammond, all three had worried looks on their faces as these aliens obviously knew their way around this base and there were tonnes of them.

"What do we do?" asked Simmons

"I'm not sure." replied Hammond, answering the young Leuitenants question. "But I'll be dammed if I'll let this get too far." He was about to stand up and challenge them, when two aliens came in *Carrying* Buffy and Giles. "Who are these?" the leader demanded

"They were in the corridoors, attempting to hide." said the alien carrying Buffy "She was more reslient than this man, but we still managed to defeat her quite easily."

"Put them down there." he ordered. The others did as they were told. Hammond then decided that perhaps challenging them would be a bad idea, if they did manage to take Buffy on. And she was a slayer. That means something.

In the infirmary, Sam watched the three aliens as they paced the infirmary. Jack was watching her as she watched them. "Sam, I hope you are not...." he started to whisper

"Jack...I have to do something." she replied, knowing what he was trying to say

"You've just been..."

"I know, but it's been reversed. I'm just a little tired."

"That's a bad thing, ya know." said Jack

"Yeah, true. But...."

"No, I'm sure Buffy can do it."

"Jack, she's not here." Jack looked around the infirmary.

"True." he said. Sam looked at him and he nodded. "You're right." Sam looked at Willow and Tara and they got the message, however Jack didn't have a clue. Willow and Tara held hands and looked into each others eyes. A feeling of power surrounded them and they knocked over a medicine cupboard and blocked the door. Jack looked stunned, as did the aliens. Sam thought the aliens were pretty stupid for not watching Tara and Willow as they figured out that they were witches.

Sam got off the bed, very quickly and used a tray and hit an alien on the back of his head. The other two turned around and saw her standing there, she looked quite ill, now. Even though she had been cured. An alien grabbed a trolley while the other one tried to get Sam onto the trolley. Jack watched nervously as Sam knocked the other alien's face with her elbow.

The other came to her using the trolley, knocking Sam against the wall. Sam in her present state, stayed there for a minute. He had thought he had won, until Sam pushed the trolley back in his stomach and then pushed down on the trolley very hard, and he took a tiny flight into the air and landed on the trolley, as if he was going to be sleeping on it. Sam grabbed a sedative from the side cupboard and injected him with it, before he came to. Janet rushed to her side and said "God, are yo okay?" she asked

"Yes." she replied, Jack stood up and pulled Willow and Tara up with him.

"Now what?" he asked

"I think we should find out how many are actually here." said Sam.

"Good idea." said Jack. "Tell ya what. You do that, don't get caught. While me and the others go and check out the armory." Willow , Tara and Janet nodded, in agreement. Sam picked up the cupboard that was blocking the door and walked off. "I take it she agreed." said Tara.

"Guess she did." replied Jack.

Sam walked around the SGC and found only a hand full of aliens, in which she had knocked out when they had caught her. She was about to go into the briefing room, when Jack and the others came upto her. Jack gave her a side arm, and they headed into the briefing room. "There are only the ones in there, must be." said Sam, when they looked down the steps and saw an alien man standing in the control room. "I've been everywhere else."

"There were no others?" asked Janet

"Yes." whispered Sam

"....." Confused looks were all she earned, there.

"They caught me, They were punished." said Sam. Jack smiled. God he loved that woman. Jack walked down the steps first, but an alien caught him and he plunged at him. Jack quickly fired at him, and he stumbled down the stairs. The other four, walked upto him. "What the hell are you doing?" demanded the leader. "What does it look like?" said Jack, he shot the man, and blood flew everywhere. The others quickly ran for the gateroom, and the stargate began dialing. Sam ran after them.

Buffy and Giles slowly came to. As they stood up, they saw Sam in the 'gate room, fighting with three aliens. "God, are those aliens?" asked Buffy

"They are." said Jack, in a hurry. Trying to get the iris closed.

"Haven't they heard of style." said Buffy.

"Perhaps now is not the time." said Giles.

"Oh...right." Buffy ran into 'gate room.

Sam and Buffy managed to stop two, but before Jack could close the iris, one alien managed to get away. The other two fell to the floor, in defeat. Hammond looked pleased.

Buffy stood looking at the aliens, who now lay on the floor, they weren't dead, but they may as well had been. Sam just looked tired. "Oh." said Sam, holding onto Buffy's shoulder.

"Are you okay?" asked Buffy

"Just a little dizzy." replied Sam. Jack came down to her, and dragged her off to the infirmary.

"So how did they get here?" asked Hammond, to SG-1(Minus Sam) in the briefing room.

"Well apparently they have the technology to make them selves invisible." replied Daniel.

"Perhpas similar to the reetou." said Teal'c

"Perhaps." said Daniel "The two that managed to survive, told us nothing about how the technology works. We think this is the technology, but..." Daniel held up a small device.

"Well I think it's safe to say we won't be seeing them for a while." said Jack

"What makes you say that?" asked Daniel

"We're not going back, they can't get through the iris." replied Jack

"I've locked the planet out of the dialing computer." said Hammond. Everyone felt slightly relieved but also knowing that they may meet on another planet.

"The disease is gone. I can't find any traces of it." said Janet, as Sam sat on the bed, with Jack in the infirmary. "What about our baby?" asked Sam.

"Your baby is fine. Absolutely fine." They both smiled and stood up. "Which reminds me you have a scan booked, don't you?" said Janet

"Yes." said Sam

"Good. See ya then." Jack led Sam away from Janet before the doc decided she needed to take some blood. "I'm glad that's over." Said Sam

"Me too." Jack agreed. They stepped into the elevator.

"I love you." Sam wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I love ya too. Mrs O'Neill."

"Not yet." said Sam

"Ah yeah, but you will be."

"Don't forget baby O'Neill." Jack lifted up her top, so he could see her stomach, he kissed it.

"How could I forget?" Sam giggled at his sillyness.

"No giggling." Jack said, grinning. Sam couldn't stop, it eventually turned into hysterical laughter.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Miss Wendy