Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Vampire Slayer 3: The Virus

by Miss Wendy
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Virus

The Virus

by Miss Wendy

TITLE: The Virus
AUTHOR: Miss Wendy
EMAIL: wendy.rhodes@ntlworld.com
CATEGORY: Action/Adventure, Crossover (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Series
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: The Nox
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4; Part of Vampire Slayer series, 01 What Goes Bump in the Night 02 Girls Just Wanna Have Fun parts 1 and 2
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: crossover, minor character death
SUMMARY: Sam comes up with a way to kill Adam but Jack doesn't understand.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors. I don't own Buffy the Vampire Slayer either. Although I wish I owned Angel.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Another adition to my Slayer series. I suppose you could say the others are required read, however, they aren't part of the main story involved in this one. So if you understand Vampires and demons and stuff, Then just start reading when you want. This has nothing to do with the way they kill Adam on the series. So it will not ruin your viewing. Feedback is always welcome. :-)

"So any thing on Adam?" asks Samantha Carter as she walks into Giles house

"Well except for the fact that he seems to have created some sort of uprising nothing at all." said Xander "I mean what does he think he's doing. Anybody could see that he is trying to make himself look good and all the Vampires are on his foot." Sam shook her head as Xander carried on.

"Haven't you guys had any luck with finding a weakness?" asked Sam

"Weakness? Already tried." said Buffy sitting down "There has to be something."

"He's just some big machine." said Xander

"Yeah. A strong computer with a growing hard drive." said Willow, who was standing next to Giles.

"We've tried stakes. Buffy can even give him a bruise." said Xander. The room went quiet and it stayed that way until Sam broke the silence. "Wait you mean to tell me you guys didn't try switching him off."

"Huh." exclaimed Xander

"I don't think I follow." said Giles, Buffy looked at Sam expectantly.

"So you all went in with stakes instead of just looking for the off button." said Sam

"Off button" repeated Xander

"Of course, he's a machine." said Giles.

"But how do we find the off button?" asked Buffy

"I have no idea. But..." said Giles, picking up a pile of books off his desk and walking upto Sam "We'll see what our resident doctor comes up with." giving her the pile off books. Sam pulls a face

"Great." she exclaims "More work....Well I see you guys next weekend then."

"Guess so." said Willow. Sam heads to the door

"Are we gonna be with your team next week. " Sam nods. Of course it was there turn to travel to Colorado instead of Sam traveling to Sunnydale. "Tell Jack I look foward to a game of nothing less than Hockey."

"Will do?" Buffy stopped her before she could make a run for it

"How is Daniel?"

"Oh he's okay. Nothing demony about him anymore. Although he won't let me forget it."

"Sounds like he's doing fine." said Willow

"Yeah he is. Can I go?"

"Sure."

"See ya."

"Don't forget research." said Giles

"Funny. Last time I checked you were Buffy's watcher."

"Well you must have checked along time ago because I got fired. But I kinda like the idea of being a watcher for two slayers. Especially two good slayers. That is." said Giles. Sam smiled and quickly ran out the door before Buffy's scooby gang could ask her anymore questions.

Sam Carter sat in her lab, reading Giles notes on Adam. When she was halfway through book number two Jack O'Neill walked in "Hi, Carter. Working? Again?"

"Um Yes Sir."

"Oh. On what. I don't see any doohickeys."

"No, sir. I'm studying something."

"Oh what's that."

"A mechanical demon.....Why do you ask?"

"Demon? huh? Well need any help?"

"Thank you but I'll be okay."

"Are you sure? Because I would.....like to help?"

"Really? Sir, I....well I'll be finished soon and then be on patrol so you may as well go home sir."

"Patrol?......Oh yeah of course, vampires." Sam nodded. "Can I come?"

"Well sir. It's not really, well safe."

"Hey- I'm a Colonel in the air force."

"I know that. But what can I say, sir. This is different." Jack came up to her and sat on her desk.

"I know....but Pleaaaaaaaaase I wanna come." he was sounding like a child, which made Sam smile

"What??" asked Jack innocently

"It's nothing....I'm sorry you can't come, sir. I can't protect you at concentrate at the same time."

"Hey- I can protect you." Sam laughed.

"Of course you can."

"See!!! You agree. As your CO I am ordering you to let me come with you." Sam looked at him and saw that he desperately wanted to come

"Okay okay. You can come"

"Yeeeees."

"But....you must do as I say."

"Yes Ma'am. When are we going?"

"Now." She stood up and picked up the books.

"What do you need those for?"

"I'm not going to a cemmetary and sit there waiting for a vampire to rise."

"See I knew you'd need me. That's where I come in." Sam shook her head laughing as they walked out of her lab.

Sam stood while Jack sat beside a grave in the cemetary, nobody had spoken for a while and Jack really wanted to say something so he started a conversation "Um doesn't Buffy slay with ya. I mean the two seem like really good friends."

"We are. But she still goes to college and she lives in Sunnydale."

"Oh Sunnydale girl is she."

"It's not all good there, that's where the hellmouth is."

"I won't even ask what that is. But will ask what the hell is this christian cross for??" he asked holding up a wooden cross.

"Oh Vampires don't go near you with one of those."

"Oh good. I feel much better." Suddenly the Vampire Sam was waiting to rise, rose and she staked it before it had a chance to do anything. "It's no fun when its easy. It needs struggle." she complained

"I wouldn't have called that easy. I nearly jumped out my skin." said Jack

"Well your not used to it, sir."

"Maybe not." he paused and looked at her "Don't you ever wish you had a *normal* life." Sam sat beside him

"Sometimes." she turned away for a moment "But now that I know what.....Buffy says what goes bump in the night, I have to fight because that's what I was chosen for."

"Sam what if you never come back."

"Then another is chosen."

"So how come there are three."

"I was the first, but when we visited the Nox and I died they chose another."

"Oh okay and that....was...."

"Buffy. But she died for two minutes at the hands of the Master."

"And then there was Faith...."

"Yeah." They fell silent.

Adam walks upto the Vampires in the cave with him. "Lets begin. Get me the two slayers. But bring them to me alive. They are no good to me dead." The Vampires walked off. Adam looked around the empty cave.

"Now all I need is Riley and we can begin this party."

Xander Harris and Anya walked down the streets of Sunnydale. "You know Anya." said Xander "I don't like this."

"You don't like your coke, well why did you order it?" Xander looked at his coke and shook his head

"Not my coke."

"I'm not sure I understand you Xander."

"I'm talking about the streets, there empty!!! Do you think some people know something I don't."

"No!! I think everybody knows something you don't."

"Anya. I 'm talking about bad guys and biting animals. And the fact that it's dark does not make me feel better."

They continued walking until they bumped into Spike. "Hey - You kids should watch where your walking especially at this time of night."

"I told you it was creepy." shouted Xander.

"Well be seeing you around." Xander stopped him from going

"Do you know something I don't."

"I know lots of things you don't. Your gonna need to be specific."

"Now why is it everyone says that to me?!? I'm talking about the people."

"What people??"

"Exactly!!!"

"Oh dear Xander, you should be with Buffy and Sam. You know little children shouldn't be out alone."

"Hey- I can take care of myself."

"Well that's not what the others are gonna think."

"Others??"

"You do know about the ones who are following Adam."

"Oh god, I knew it." shouted Xander, running off, making Anya run after him.

"Where are you going????" called Anya, after him.

"I'm telling you, we need a plan." said Xander, at the group in front of him. The group consisting of two slayers, all the members of SG-1, Willow, Giles, Anya and Tara.

"Xander....we heard you. What happened??" said Giles

"It's Adam. He's started."

"Are you certain?" asked Sam

"Adam.Isn't he your demon." asked Jack

"Yeah, he is." said Sam

"Did you come up with any ideas?" asked Willow

"Ideas??" asked Daniel

"Well......No."

"NO!!!" exclaimed Xander "Now what do we do?"

"However." continued Sam "I did think about giving him a virus. But there's not enough information on him to do so."

"Oh. What about that hard drive of his." said Anya. Riley walked in

"Am I disturbing??" he asked, innocently

"No no no." said Buffy walking upto him and taking his hand. Xander curled up his nose.

"If you two are gonna start smooching, please find a room." Jack just grinned. And his thoughts left the room and the Earth and was on the most amazing woman in the world:Oh I wish that was me and Sam......I can't go there I can't go there......

"As for the Hard drive idea. I think i may have one." said Sam, pulling Willow up as she stood up and they walked out the door.

"Let's hope it's a good one." said Jack, once he had heard Sam's voice, he had been pulled out of his dream.

1 hour later Willow and Sam ran back in, holding a disk. "We have something." said Willow running upto Giles , flapping the disk in front of his face. "What's that?" asked Tara.

"It's....something." said Jack, standing up and walking upto his second in command

"It's a disk, which we hope will give him...." started Willow

"A virus." finished Sam

"Is this good news. I lost you when you said it was a disk." said Xander, Buffy, who was standing next to Giles, glared at Xander "What??" he asked innocently

"So....how do we give this to him?" asked Buffy

"Well, somebody has to *pretend* that he/she is on his side and tell him that this has information that he could use." said Sam

"Sounds risky." said Daniel "D-don't you think?"

"Risk is a part of the game." said Buffy, holding the disk.

"That's why none of you guys are gonna go." Said Sam pointing toward Xander, Willow, Anya, Tara and SG-1.

"Why not?? we could help." whined Xander

"Perhaps us not going is a good idea." said Daniel

"Oh come on. We could help." said Willow

"You already have? I need you guys to be safe." said Buffy

"It's too dangerous." said Sam

"So who's gonna go and deliver the disk?" asked Giles

"I am." said Sam "He doesn't know me."

"What if he doesn't believe you? You'll end up limbless." said Xander.

"That's my problem." said Sam

"You can't go alone." said Willow

"I have a better idea." said Riley "I'll go."

"Huh?" said Sam

"What??" said Giles

"No." said Buffy

"Why not? We were both close to Professor Walsh."

"Yes but....I think Sam should go." said Buffy

"No. I'll go. You two ladies follow me. When I do need help. I'll....scream."

"How manly like." said Sam, causing every one to look at her.

"Okay...When shall we do this." said Buffy

"Tomorrow. It's late now." said Riley, not taking his eyes of Buffy. Everyone nodded in agreement.

Jack O'Neill walked upto Sam's hotel room and paused before he knocked on the door. Just as Sam opened the door he sighed. "Um sir? Hi." said Sam, yawning

"Um hi Sam. Call me Jack and can I come in."

"Er...sure." she said, giving him room to come in. She shut the door behind him and locked it. "Why don't you have a seat?" Jack looked at her and then sat down "Would you like something to drink?"

"No! Thank you. I came to talk."

"What about?"

"This whole Adam thing."

"Oh."

"Please, don't go. Xander was right you could end up limbless."

"Er...Jack. I have to go."

"Why?"

"It's my job."

"So is SG-1."

"I know that, but I don't want you to go."

"Jack....I have to."

"No you don't. Buffy can protect Riley."

"Adam can't be hurt by Buffy, which is why we're doing it this way. I've never faught him but maybe two slayers will work."

"Listen to me. Do I have to order you to NOT go."

"You can't."

"Why?" Sam sat down beside him and looked at his sad, hardened face.

"Because if I ever have to choose between the Stargate and being the Vampire Slayer I wouldn't have much of a choice. I *would* have to choose being the chosen one."

"Why?" choked Jack, Sam lowered her voice and spoke very soft.

"Because it's my destiny." Sam could see he didn't understand. And she knew it would take them all a while to understand what Sam was. But she wanted Jack to understand more than the others.

"Okay. But promise me that....I can come with you."

"Jack it's too dangerous."

"You let me come with you on....um"

"Patrol? Yes but that was different I could at least protect you."

"Sam you don't get it I want to protect *you*."

"Why?"

"Because...because I love you. There you go I said it." Sam was stunned. He felt the same. He had to wave his hand in front of her face to get her back to reality. "Oh Jack." she choked "I...love you too. But I don't need protecting."

"I know I've seen you, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to." A tear escaped from Sam's eye and Jack wiped it away. "Do slayers generally cry, or is it just you."

"I can't speak for the others, but probably just me."

"Let me come."

"No! But you don't need to worry, you'll see. I'll be back I promise." he pulled her into his arms and held her there tightly.

Buffy Sommers paced the room. "Buffy?" said Riley, wanting her to stop pacing "Why don't you sit down."

"I will when we've destroyed *that monster*"

"You're restless. I bet Sam is asleep."

"Maybe not. Colonel O'Neill is probably there."

"Oh really. Why?"

"He has a thing for her."

"How would you notice?"

"I didn't. It was Willow and Tara"

"Oh well. Buffy sit down." Buffy sat down. "It's not Adam that's worrying you is it? It's the fact that I am going to be the one in first."

"As a matter of fact...yes. We could stuck with Sam's plan."

"I don't think her plan will work. She agrees with me."

"She does?"

"Yeah, she just didn't want to suggest that I go in first."

"Oh." Buffy looked at Riley and then just fell into his body and held him.

"We'll be victorious tomorrow, we always are. You'll see." said Riley into Buffy's hair.

The next evening, Sam, Buffy and Riley were ready. "Now let's make sure we all know what we are doing?" said Riley

"We know!!" said Sam and Buffy together.

"Good." said Riley. "Then lets go"

Riley walked upto the cave and looked behind him at Buffy and Sam. Buffy made gestures for him to carry on, he did.

As he walked into the cave, his eyes got accustomed to the lower light. "Oh Adam." he said, quietly.

"Yes, who are you?"

"Riley Finn."

"Ah yes from the inititative."

"Yeah that's me."

"Why did you come?"

"I have information."

"What information?"

"I'll give you that when I know that you will not kill me."

"Why would I not do that."

"Because I want to join you."

"You do? Are you not in league with the slayer."

"No."

"What information do you have?"

"It's on this disk." Riley pulled the disk out of his pocket. "It contains information on something called a Stargate."

"A Stargate??"

"Yeah." Riley didn't know what he was talking about, Sam had told him what to say. Riley passed Adam the disk. Adam put the disk in. Riley felt himself mentally praying that it worked. Adam looked normal for a short while and then his whole body began convulsing. Riley shouted "Buffy. Sam."

They ran in just to see Adam fall to the floor. "Are you telling me it actually worked?" asked Buffy as Adam stopped shaking and fell lifeless. "Looks that way." said Riley

"Let's make sure." said Sam, pulling out a weapon and began ripping off his arms. Buffy joined her.

As Riley, Buffy and Sam walked out the cave, with Sam holding the hard drive. Buffy looked into the distance and saw vampires "Oh you have got to be kidding me?" she said. Speaking to no-one in particular. "What?" asked Sam

"Vampires" replied Buffy. Sam followed Buffy as they made there way to the vampires positions. As they got there Buffy pulled out her stake and immediately started the fight. Sam put down the hard drive and then pulled out her stake and joined Buffy. Riley just helped in bits that he could.

Jack O'Neill sat impatiently at Giles' house. The whole gang were there. Teal'c looked normal and Daniel was with Willow and Tara. "I shouldn't worry. They'll do it." said Daniel

"You're sounding a little...." started Jack

"....over confident." finished Xander

"Yeah." muttered Jack, he wanted Sam to be okay. He'd only just admitted his feelings to her. He didn't want her to die now.

"Xander. True enough he sounded over confident. But there is nothing wrong with positive thinking." complained Giles, taking a sip of his drink and giving Tara and Willow a cookie.

"Is it always like this?" asked Jack

"Like what?" asked Xander

"You know. This waiting around *forever*." replied Jack

"Not always." said Willow "Normally we tend to go with 'em. But Sam...."

"...Sam didn't want you to go cos it is too dangerous."

"Was too dangerous." said Buffy, walking through the door. Followed by Riley and then Sam. Jack immediately jumped up

"I take it the news is good?" said Giles

"Yep. He's dead and we have something to study as well." said Sam, putting the hard drive on the table next to Willow. "Why in god's name would you want to study that?" asked Jack, walking upto Sam

"Well it may gives us an insight onto how it managed to the machine manages to interface with flesh and blood." said Willow, answering for her

"Yeah." said Sam, grinning at Jack, who had obviously had alot of pressure released from him.

"So all is now officially good in the land of the supernatural." said Xander. Buffy nodded

"This is pleasing." said Teal'c, actually smiling.

"Yeah although I'm kinda hungry." said Buffy

"Me too!" said Sam

"Well I actually brought you girls some ice cream for if you succeeded." said Giles

"Oh wicked." said Xander

"I did saygirls." said Giles, Xander fell into his seat and looked very miserable. Sam looked at him and felt sorry for him "But we can all share." she said. A smile lit up Xander's face as they all went up to Buffy and Sam who were dishing out Walnut Ice Cream.

When Sam gave Jack his ice cream, she blew him a kiss. Which made every one in the room look.

"Jack." said Daniel, breaking the silence. "Is there something we should know."

Finished

Look out for the next one which is calledAll Mighty and Powerful

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Miss Wendy