Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Vampire Slayer 11: This Evil Heart

by Miss Wendy
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
This Evil Heart

This Evil Heart

by Miss Wendy

TITLE: This Evil Heart
AUTHOR: Miss Wendy
EMAIL: wendy.rhodes@ntlworld.com
CATEGORY: Action/Adventure, Crossover (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Romance, Series
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: The Serpents Song
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4; Part of Vampire Slayer series 01 What Goes Bump In The Night 02 Girls Just Wanna Have Fun parts 1 and 2 03 The Virus 04 All Mighty and Powerful 05 Burning Passion 06 Aftershock 07 Aqua World 08 Gifts and Traditions 09 Captured 10 Heartache
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: character death, crossover, language, male/female relationship, violence
SUMMARY: Just a big huge honkin' Apophis. And a love sick spike
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Well this is another one. Feedback is wanted and appreciated. Go on...please, you know you want to. Make my day.

Spike walked into Giles' house and startles the younger man by knocking over a book. "God!! Don't you Vampires knock?" he asked, still suffering from the shock of being rudely interrupted.

"No! Don't you do anything else other than daydream?" asked Spike.

"Of Course I do. I'm just thinking."

"Oh really, what about?"

"You, actually."

"Oh , well lucky me."

"Xander was right you have feelings for Sam, feelings you shouldn't have."

"Oh no not you as well."

"Yeah well. I figured it out when Sam and Jack announced their engagement and you looked...well pigued."

"Pigued??? Ha. Do NOT offend me."

"Oh Spike you do, I know you do. I saw you myself. Xander was right. I'm just thought I'd tell you to forget it."

"Look Watcher, I don't need you watching me, just those slayers, you're meant to keep them out of danger." Spike got a shock when Angel walked through the door. "Oh sheez, what is he doing here?"

"I was about to ask the same thing about you." said Angel, with a grin. "I'm here to see Buffy."

"Oh you and Betty, getting it back are you?"

"Who's Betty??"

"Never mind." Spike walked out, with a humpf.

"So, Angel, you've come to see Buffy." said Giles

"Yeah. Where is she?"

"Probably on patrol."

"And Samantha, where is she?"

"I have no idea, could be anywhere." Giles looked at Angel, he couldn't tell her that she was on another planet.

SG-1 walked out onto the green fields of another planet. "Do you think we will ever go to a planet that is.....not green. Or Yellow." said Jack, notcing that Daniel was going to mention another planet that they would have probably been to. Sam walked upto her fiancee and smiled. "I already told you it's because...."

"...They support human life. I know." said Jack, smiling back at her. Sam then walked upto FRED and took her *DooHickies* from it. Jack sighed,another mission full of babbling techniques and confusion.

A Goa'uld craft suddenly came flying through the sky and landed two fields beyond them.Jack felt relief,Then again maybe we won't get babbling techniques, we might still get confused. He looked at the others and then they trekked to the wreckage.

Jack O'Neill looked inside the damaged ship and saw one ugly Apophis. "Oh."

"What?" asked Daniel. Looking at Jack, waiting for an answer

"Look who we have here." said Jack. They all peered inside, to see Apophis, who was unconsious.

"Maybe we should kill him before he wakes up." said Jack

"Or perhaps when he is awake so he may feel the pain." said Teal'c, looking greatly excited by his idea. "Actually I think we should, see if we can...." started Daniel

"...Danny we're not making the same mistake, like last time."

"I know that but he knows....alot." said Daniel

"Why don't we ask him questions here. I'm sure we could find something to tie him up with." said Sam

"We would not be able to find the means to keep him properley restrained." said Teal'c, he liked his idea best. It was the best.

"Why don't we let you sort that out then." said Jack, to Sam "You...do the slayer version of tying a prisoner up and interrogating them." Sam nodded. She looked at Apophis and then walked back to FRED.

Angel walks upto the cemetary, desperately looking for Buffy. He found her, walking miserably. He slowly walked upto her and tapped her on the shoulder. Buffy got her stake ready and nearly staked him. "Oh Angel....I'm so sorry. I thought.. well needless to say I thought you were a Vampire."

"You're not far off."

"I meant, you know.....evil Vampire." Buffy then turned around and carried on walking.

"I heard about Riley. I'm sorry to hear what had happened."

"You didn't like him."

"True, but still....you liked him....that was enough for me."

"Thank you." said Buffy "Did you come here to be nice guy. Or are you warning me about some big huge demon, because I'm sure you can tell Sam."

"I'm not hear for warning. I came for .... well nice guy."

"Oh well. Be nice guy then." Angel smiled at her.

"Do you want help with patrol?"

"Is that a nice guy thing?"

"No, but the thought of company could be construed as nice." said Angel, hoping that he had her good side. "Sure, go on then, help with patrol." she said, trying desperately not to break down in front of Angel. Things were strained between the two of them as it was.

Sam had tied Apophis to a tree with a very tight rope, which had been bound more than a few times. Sam was now waiting for him to wake up. Jack walked upto her and he was going to tap her shoulder when she turned around. "Hey?" said Sam. "You were trying to sneak were you?"

"Moir?" he said, placing a hand on his chest to indicate that he was offended. "I would never."

"Good." said Sam.

"How's it going?"

"It's not. Although I am considering waking him up myself."

"Whatever needs to be done." said Jack "But be careful, when you go near him. I know you're a tough gal, but I just want you not go near him, unless you intend to seriously injured him."

"I won't go near him, Jack. I promise."

"Good." said Jack, kissing her cheek

"Now what would Hammond say to that?"

"He's not here."

"However I am." said Apophis, which shocked them both.

"He's awake." said Jack. "Hello Apophis." he said, spitefully. Apophis struggled in his restraints.

"Who is responsible for this?" shouted Apophis.

"That would be me." Sam said, grinning "Is it too tight?" Apophis didn't say a thing. "Because if it is, then it's not tight enough." Jack just looked at Apophis' face, he looked angry. Very angry.

Giles sat down in his chair, settling with his book. When he looked over to the other side of the room to see Spike also sitting in a chair, reading a magazine. "Spike? Are you always going to make house calls, or do I finally get some peace when you don't show up."

"Hello Rupert. How ya doing?" asked Spike, grinning, almost like a chessire cat.

"I was fine, until you showed up." Giles looked at Spike's magazine. It was a Love Magazine. "Spike what are you reading?"

"I'm doing a little research." he replied, not taking his eyes from the mag.

"What into....Love???"

"Well if you must know....Yes. But it's because I intend to ask the woman of my dreams out, but I have to know how to do that first."

"How many years have you been alive, shouldn't you know all that by now."

"This woman is different."

"You mean this woman is Sam, who is already spoken for." said Giles, smiling at him. He couldn't help.

"Wipe the grin off your face Rupert. And yes....it's Samantha...How do I...you know get her away from Jackie Boy."

"Samantha??? Jackie Boy????? Having a bad day with names Spike. Especially nick names. Where in the hell did you get Jackie Boy from?"

"Will you just bloody answer the question?"

"Well okay...you can't get her away from Jack, it's impossible, they're like this." he said indicating with crossed fingers that they were very close.

"I can do it."

"Is that confidence I hear in your voice?"

"Yeah, of course it is."

"Then why are you reading a magazine."

"Shut up, and read your book and leave me with me mag. Okay?"

"Fine, whatever." Giles returned his book, glancing occassionally as Spike looked like a wide eyed child reading that mag, god knows what it actually had in it.

"Tell me, what it is your planning to do to the Tau'ri?" asked Sam, for the hundreth time to day. She had kept her word and not gone near him. But she was sure as hell losing her patience with him. "I will only tell you over my dead body."

"Believe me, that can be arranged." said Sam, wanting to break his neck, and sever every limb from his body.

"You cling to sarcasm."

"What makes you think I'm be sarcastic. I intend to kill you, whether you like it or not."

"You have neither the strength or the courage."

"Believe what you want, Apophis, but you've got it coming to you."

"How's it going?" asked Jack, walking upto her, as she stood with her arms crossed.

"Your female, is trying to threaten me with death, a promise she could not keep." Sam looked at him

"Could I please kill him? I'll make it good." she pleaded

"Now now you know Daniel thinks otherwise." he looked at her.

"At least let me...persuade him then."

"Your female couldn't hurt me, even if she wanted to." said Apophis, Jack looked at him like he was a stupid fool, well he was. "She is only a female, strength is not apart of a female." Sam kicked him very hard in the stomach. Apophis screamed out in pain, as her foot made contact with his stomach. "Tell me what I want to know, otherwise....I WILL KILL YOU." she shouted. Apophis actually looked worried.

Daniel Jackson walked upto Jack as he sat down for his soup. "Hey, Danny, you okay?" asked Jack

"Yeah....I just think that maybe we should get the information out of him a different way, we are placing Sam in danger." said Daniel

"Yeah, but what did you have in mind, Daniel, put you in danger, shall we let him kill you."

"I'd kill him."

"If that's true, then how come you wouldn't let us kill him before."

"Because we could use what information he has."

"Oh." said Jack."What was your idea?"

"The Tok'Ra memory recall device."

"We don't have one of those."

"Ah yes, but the Tok'ra do."

"True. Go and get Hammond to contact them then. I'll get Sam." Jack and Daniel both stood up and headed in different directions.

Angel sat beside Buffy, in Buffy's house. "Do you wanna talk about it?" he asked

"Well there's nothing to talk about, he turned into a Vampire and then I staked him."

"You could talk about how staking him made you feel."

"Oh Angel, I fell apart when I staked. Sam had to protect me as I lay on the floor, crying. If it wasn't for her. I'd be a Vampire." Angel looked at her and used his eyes to ask her to continue. "I.. wish things had been different. I wish I had gotten to know why he had left me. If he hadn't have left he wouldn't have been a Vampire."

"how do you know that that isn't why he left."

"Because he gave me a letter before he left. I just never opened it, until Sam made me open it."

"He had to do what he had to do, trust me. I know what it is like, you've just got to understand that that is apart of life, it could happen to you anytime and to anybody." Angel wrapped his arms around her body and held her as she silently let her tears fall, onto his shirt.

Jacob Carter/Selmak walked through the stargate and met his soon to be son-in-law with a smile. "How are ya doing, Jack?" he asked

"I'm doing great, dad. How are you?" Jacob smiled,

"I'm great."

"Did you get the memory....thingy." asked Jack, not quite remembering what the device was actually called.

"Yeah. Come on." They walked upto Sam, Daniel and Teal'c and Sam pointed to where Apophis was being tightly restrained. "Who tied him up?" asked Jacob. Everybody looked at Sam. She looked slightly embarrased. Jacob laughed "You should be careful you don't cut the....serpents....circulation before he tells us what we want."

"I will tell you nothing." spat Apophis.

"Of course you will." said Jacob. Jacob applied the Tok'ra memory device and stood back. Sam then walked upto Apophis holding a syringe. She put the contents of the syringe into his arm. "I will tell you nothing." Apophis shouted. As the drug started to take effect, Apophis began look pretty pale.

"What were you planning to do to the Tau'ri?" asked Selmak. The holographic screen turned on and SG-1 and Jacob saw what looked like a piece of technology. "What is that?" asked Daniel

"I think it might be a bomb." replied Jacob.

"A bomb???" asked Jack. They then saw the bomb explode, above Earth.

"So he's sending a bomb to Earth, to destroy us." said Daniel

"What good would that do?" said Sam "They wouldn't have hosts." She walked upto Apophis "What are you REALLY planning to do, I want to know the whole thing." The screen moved again, and they saw an Asguard ship, with Apophis on the ship. And that was it.

"What does that mean?" asked Jack

"Maybe it means there going to use Asguard technology." suggested Teal'c.

"Yeah but how?" asked Sam.

"Do you think they may have captured a ship." said Daniel, everybody eyed the aercheologist, all thinking he may be onto something.

Spike walked into the shop, nervously. He knew he wanted to get her something that would make her want him.Jack doesn't deserve her, he's just some battered soldier, I'm a Vampire, I have killed as much as she has. We could even be a team. If I had a pulse, I would be able to tell her that my pulse goes faster when I see her.He thought as he walked upto the assistant. "Can I help you?" she asked

"Yeah. I'm looking for the biggest bundle of those red flowers."

"Roses???"

"If that's what they're called, yeah." said Spike. The assistant walked off, and when she came back, as she had a very big bouquet. "I take it these are for someone special."

"They are." He was annoyed with this woman.

"I bet you tell her that everyday." she said

"No! That's why I've got them. I normally have an evil heart, but she has changed that."

"Oh I see." she said. He looked at her and thought,Oh I wish I could eat you.He was drouling, but he forgot about her.

"We should kill him." shouted Jack, angriliy.

"I agree with O'Neill,." said Teal'c

"Yeah, but he knows more, he must do." argued Daniel

"Daniel??? He IS Apophis, he deserves to die, what about Sha'uri. I'm sure you want to get him with your bare hands and drain the life from him." said Jack

"Yes, but we could get more out of him, then kill him." Daniel, pleaded.

"Hey I know Daniel, we can then give him to Sokar, and he can be brought back." Jack spoke with sarcasm and annoyance. Sam watched the bickering as her and her father watched them.

Sam then looked at Apophis, who was enjoying the fact that once again, he had made a dispute form between the members of SG-1. Sam quickly stood up and walked over to him. "You're enjoying this aren't you?" she asked, she turned around and pointed to the , now, Four men arguing. Her father had joined in. Five if you include Selmak.

"Of Course, your own morality is your weakness. It is why the Tau'ri are inferior." Sam just stared at him. She then pulled out her knife, and ripped off the top of his shirt. The guys hadn't even noticed, caught up in their argument. She then created a shallow cut in his chest. Apophis pulled faces at the pain she was causing him. "Have you ever been in a fight with a Slayer?" she asked, Apophis looked confused. "I'll take that as a no, shall I." She then forced the knife into his heart, slowly but with force. Apophis literally screamed. "Sam???" shouted Jacob. They all ran upto her. The first thing they saw was the blood, the second thing they saw was that the blood was Apophis'. "Why did you do that? As a scientist, you should understand that we could use the information he has." said Daniel

"Daniel, I'm a....well Slayer. I don't CARE about the information. He deserves to die. You were arguing, I decided to take action." replied Sam

"Jack, tell her that she should have asked you first." complained Daniel

"I can't Daniel, I agree with her. We should kill him. He can't kill us if her is dead."

"He is dead." said Teal'c. They all looked at his lifeless body.

"Who's to say it's gonna stay that way." said Jacob, "Do you remember what happened last time?" Sam pulled his head forward and used her knife to pull out the symbiote. "Oh god!" exclaimed Jack. When she was finished she dropped the now in pieces, symbiote on the floor.

"At least let us take the host back with us." said Daniel

"What for?" asked Jack

"To give the host the burial that he deserves."

"Okay." said Jack. "Teal'c pick him up." Tea'c picked up Apophis and walked back to the Stargate, Daniel followed, as did Jacob. Jack looked at Sam who was still on the floor. He bent down beside. "I can't believe he's dead." said Sam, disbelieving

"Neither can I. I always though that when he dies, we'd be in a big huge battle. You did it single handedly." Jack looked at her and pulled her up. "Let's go home." They walked off, leaving the remains of the symbiote to rot in the ground where it belongs.

Spike walked up to Sam's house. It was late. But it had to be for him, always dark, the way he liked it. He knocked on the door, and waited. As Sam opened the door, she just said "Oh, what do you want."

"Hi, Sammie, Can I come in?" he asked

"No, and stop calling me Sammie." she replied.

"Please, I've brough you some flowers and I was hoping we could talk." he said, full of honesty, (Suprised?)

"You...." she started but stopped when he pulled the roses from behind his back. She looked at them and then at him. "What the hell do you think you are doing?" she asked, with anger.

"I was hoping for a Thank You." said Spike. "But that will do."

"Leave, Spike, before I stake you." she growled. Jack came to the door and looked at Spike and at the flowers. Sam looked at Jack and then went back into the house. "Hello, Jack." said Spike. "Let me guess you are going to tell me to stay away from your fiancee."

"Yeah well if I had to do that, she wouldn't be my Fiancee. Goodbye Spike." Jack slammed the door and then opened it again. "Spike! Stay away from my fiancee." The door shut again and Spike just stared. He looked at the flowers and then left them at the door. He wasn't going to give up. Not know.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Miss Wendy