Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Vampire Slayer 4: All Mighty and Powerful

by Miss Wendy
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
All Mighty and Powerful

All Mighty and Powerful

by Miss Wendy

All Mighty and Powerful
AUTHOR: Miss Wendy
EMAIL: wendy.rhodes@ntlworld.com
CATEGORY: Action/Adventure, Angst, Crossover (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Series
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: None that I can think of
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4; Part of Slayer series 01 What Goes Bump in the Night 02 Girls Just Wanna Have Fun parts 1 and 2 03 The Virus
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: angst, crossover, violence
SUMMARY: Sam, Buffy, Riley and Jack come into contact with a field that affect their physiology.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors. I don't own Buffy the Vampire Slayer either. Don't sue. Please. I'm only human.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This series is getting big. And it's gonna get bigger.

Samantha Carter walked through the cemetary with Jack beside her. They were on patrol.

They met up with Buffy Sommers and Riley Finn in the middle, concern on Buffy and Sam's faces. "Where are the Vampires?" asked Buffy

"I don't know." replied Sam

"Maybe it's because they're scared, you killed Adam." suggested Jack

"Yeah but that wouldn't stop them from getting hungry." said Sam.

"No, but maybe they went somewhere else." said Riley.

"Maybe." said Buffy "Okay, where's the nearest night club?"

"Um it's not far from here, why?" asked Jack

"You thinking they'd go there." said Sam

"They sometimes go to the bronze." replied Buffy

"It's worth a try." said Sam

"Aren't you two girls wearing the wrong stuff for dancing?" said Jack as they walked off.

All four of them reached the end of the cemetary when the got knocked down by an energy field.

"Ow." said Buffy

"That hurt." said Jack

"Ooh." said Riley, sitting up

"I wonder what it is?" said Sam, standing up. As they all walked foward again, the field had gone.

"It's not there, it's gone." said Jack "Do you hurt still?" he asked while holding his chest.

"Yeah, a little why?" asked Sam

"I do actually." said Buffy

"Maybe it's an after effect." speculated Sam

"Okay. But perhaps we should see a doctor. I hate to be ill from something I can't see." said Jack

"A doctor?" said Buffy

"We could go to Janet." said Sam

In the infirmary at the SGC, Janet stood looking at all four of her patients as General Hammond walked in. "Doctor?" he asked

"They appear to have come into contact with a field that for some reason is causing them to still feel pain. I have no idea why?" said Janet Fraiser. Hammond looked at them and stopped at Buffy.

"What is she doing back here? And who is he?" he said nodding towards Riley.

"They also came into contact with the field sir." Hammond looked at them. He walked toward Riley

"What's your name, son." he asked

"Riley Finn, sir." he saluted him Buffy grinned.

"Er...he's apart of the intiative sir." said Sam "They deal with....demons."

"Oh I believe I have heard of you."

"You have?"

"Yes. The president recently told me about you, when I discussed Major Carter."

"Sir?" said Sam, standing up "If you don't mind my asking. Discussing what?"

"The fact that you are a Vampire Slayer and we encountered a demon planet. Do not worry Major, he has assured me that this will go no further and no-one else will be told." Sam looked at Buffy, uncertainty in their eyes. "Um does the president know about me......sir." said Buffy

"Yes."

"Sir? Why was he told?"

"Because he needed to know about that demon planet and it was the only way I could explain it properly. He also believes that you're abilities will come in handy with fighting the Goa'uld..." his sentence got lost as a nurse passed Dr Fraiser a folder. "Oh my!" exclaimed Janet

"What?" asked Sam

"You can tell us doc." said Jack

"Your DNA. It's altered."

"How?"

"I'm not sure. I'd like to do more tests." suddenly Riley fell to the floor. "Help me get him on the bed." But Buffy just picked him up by herself and put him on the bed. "Um thank you." said Janet. "Please move out of the way?" Buffy stepped back. Hammond looked at the two slayers.

"Perhaps we should talk about this in private?" he said, indicating the way out of the infirmary. Sam and Buffy look at each other and then Buffy looks at Riley. Then they both nod and follow the General out.

"Darling wait for me?" shouted a young girl, whilst being chased by these creatures.

"What are they?" asked her boyfriend, while he was grabbing her arm to pull him with her.

"I don't know, but they...they are frightning." she screamed as they ran and ran. Hoping that they wouldn't catch up with her.

"Now I'd like you two to tell me why the president knowing bothers you?" asked General Hammond

Buffy Sommers looked at Sam Carter and then spoke. "Well how come you don't want the world to know about the Stargate?" she hestitated and then looked at Sam again "Sir?" she said quietly.

"Because that is a secret Miss Sommers."

"So is us being Vampire Slayers, that didn't stop you." said Buffy, Sam remained quiet, not wanting to earn herself a court marshall. But nodded in agreement with Buffy's points.

"I had no idea."

"No no of course you didn't, you just open your mouth. I want you to know I never told my *friends* about the Stargate but you told the *US president*, don't you think you went just a little bit high. Perhaps I should tell my friends, after all!"

"Major do you have anything to say?" Sam looked at Hammond and then looked at Buffy and sighed, may as well speak my mind she thought.

"Well sir.....she's right. You...er never asked for permission....sir." she stuttered. Buffy realised that Sam couldn't speak to him like that so carried on for her.

"May I tell my friends about the Stargate?"

"No!" replied Hammond

"See." said Buffy. "Maybe you should also know that they fight demons and one of them is our watcher, or so to speak, but you should also know that...um Sg-1 is it...Have been hanging out with us for quite some time and they know everything about what we do."

"Which is what, Miss Sommers?"

"Well we fight the undead, just like Sam does, and they have joined us. True you need our help but we need they'res."

"Well Miss I'll give you this you know how to argue."

"I'm not in Air Force One."

"No you're not. You're dismissed for now. You are both to remain in the infirmary."

"Why?" interrupted Buffy

"Because you encountered an energy field that appears to have effected Riley Finn."

"We've been through worse."

"Now Major please take Miss Sommers to the infirmary."

"Yes...."

"No." said Buffy "Please let us go on patrol and see if we can find this field again."

"Is it not in the same place."

"No sir." said Sam before Buffy could say anything. "It appears that it may have...moved."

"Very well, but Colonel O'Neill is not to go with you."

"Thank you sir." said Sam, pulling Buffy out of his office.

Sam walked holding her stake up but also looking at Buffy as she walked defending herself with her stake. "You know when you're talking to General Hammond, you should be a little bit more...."

"...Polite???" finished Buffy

"Well not quite what I was gonna say but yeah."

"You agree with him telling the president?"

"No way. But maybe you shouldn't have said you were gonna tell the others about the Stargate."

"Maybe? But I think it's fair."

"You do?"

"Yeah I mean he just blurts out what we do and expects us to not blurt out his secret."

"You're right and I agreed with you but I still think you should have been more...."

"...polite!"

"Yeah."

"Maybe next time." Sam laughed but stopped when she saw three Vampires heading there way. "And here's to Not finding the energy field."

"Here here." Buffy cheered as they plunged toward the vampires. Buffy staked one and then Sam jumped over another one and staked him and then staked the other one behind her.

"That was fun." said Buffy

"Not fun enough for me, still too easy."

"Yeah but there's more." said Buffy pointing toward five vampires.

"Yippee." said Sam sarcastically as she staked them as they plunged toward them this time.

"That was way too easy. I think you're right, we're getting toooo good." said Buffy, shaking grass off her.

"Okay." said Sam "Normally five takes a little bit more time....." she was stopped by a whistling sound.

"Whats that?" said Buffy

"Don't know?" Sam shaked her head.

"Oh my god!" exclaimed Buffy as they saw a whole flock of bats coming toward them. But these bats were unusual bats. "They look like they've got....teeth." said Sam

"Big sucking teeth." said Buffy, the bats had teeth similar to the teeth of a vampire.

The bats surrounded the slayers. "This can't be good." said Buffy

"We wanted a challenge."

"Yeah but not our death." Buffy began kicking them away. As did Sam. Slowly and gradually the bats managed to put distance between the two. Buffy decided running was a good idea, but when she shouted for Sam and turned to find her, she wasn't there, "SAM!!!" She shouted. Buffy ran, but fell over a rock. Quickly standing up she ran off and the bats didn't chase her.

Sam was also running but not in the direction that Buffy was running in. Sam fell herself running near a ditch. The bats caught up with her and Sam tried kicking them away. But nothing worked, so she tried running into the ditch but the bats surrounded her and she fell down the ditch. She let out a small scream as she fell down the steep ditch, smashing her body against some big rocks she came to a stop. Her head was bleeding and she was unconsious lying near dirty water.

Buffy ran into the infirmary too see Jack and Riley sitting together on a bed, "What happened to you?" asked Riley standing up and then being forced to sit back down by Janet Fraiser and Colonel O'Neill.

"Where's Sam?" asked Jack, folding his arms.

"I don't know, there was these *bats* with *teeth*, and we got seperated." Hammond walked in and listened to what she was saying "We never found the field. But we did get seperated, what if they did something to her?"

"General?" said Jack "I need to go and find her."

"We'll need Giles and the others, so we best go, they should be at Sam's house." Buffy said walking out but stopping when Jack didn't follow. "Sir, please let me go." pleaded Jack "So far it's only Riley who's felt ill. I feel great and Sa...Carter would come for us." He nearly slipped, Hammond smiled.

"Very well but Finn stays here. When you find her bring her back here."

"Yes, sir."

"That goes for *Giles and the others*." he added, looking at Buffy. Buffy smiled and followed Jack out of ther infirmary.

Buffy and Jack ran into Sam's house, shocking Tara who was standing next to the door. "What's going on?" asked Xander, as Willow went to comfort Tara. "Where's Sam?" suddenly Daniel walked into the living room "Hello Jack, why do you look as if there is some sort of catastrophy happening."

"Because it is." said Jack

"Why what's wrong?" asked Giles

"Sam, it's Sam we were attacked by bats, she could be injured, we need to go and find her." said Buffy. They all ran out the door.

"Sam" shouted Giles, as he along with Xander searched the cemetary. But Buffy and Willow and Tara were closer as they were looking near the ditch. "Let's seperate, she must have come this way." said Buffy, the three girls moved away from each other as Jack walked upto Buffy "I can't find her." then as if on cue, Willow began shouting "I've found her I've found her." Everyone ran toward Willow and Tara. "Oh god." said Giles, looking down, only just seeing a female figure unconsious near the water of the ditch. "That's along way down." said Xander

"Yeah it is." said Daniel "How are we going to get her out?" Buffy looked at them and then said

"I'm gonna go and get her."

"N-n-no." stuttered Tara.

"Why?" asked Buffy "I could do it."

"I have a b b better i-idea."

"What's that?" asked Xander, holding Anya's hand.

"We-we , me an-and Willow could get her her out."

"How?" asked Daniel

"Of course but do you know what you would be doing." said Giles

"Oh we've practiced." said Willow catching onto Tara's idea. Everyone smiled as Tara and Willow faced each other and closed there eyes. "I'm lost." said Jack, as everyone backed off.

"It's magic!" whispered Xander

"Oh." he replied slowly. Unsure of what he meant. Tara and Willow slowly held out there hands and linked there fingers together. Suddenly they both opened their eyes at the same time and a light surrounded them. Daniel watched in amazement. They then saw Sam floating out of the ditch and directly into Jack's arms. "Oh wow. Way cool." said Jack as the light faded and he held onto Sam.

"How is she?" asked Buffy

"She's injured, we should get her to base, now." said Jack. They went to the car and Giles pulled out a blanket and as Jack sat into the back of the car holding her, Giles wrapped the blanket around her.

"Let's go." said Giles as everyone sat in the car and he started the engine.

"How is she?" asked Hammond, in the debriefing room

"Well she's fine. She needs rest but she'll be fine." said Fraiser. Hammond then looked at the scooby gang who were now sitting in the debriefing room "Now I want you people to know that you here under the authorisation of the United States President."

"Wow." exclaimed Xander "Does he know my name?"

"Yes son he does. What you see in here is a secret but according to Miss Sommers here, you deal demons and vampires on a day to day basis."

"That we do." said Xander,

"Thank you, but what exactly is a secret?" asked Willow,

"You will see in time." said Hammond standing up as the klaxons went off

"Warning incoming traveller, incoming traveller." said the voice.

"As a matter of fact you are about to see." said Hammond, Giles smiled recognising the Klaxons from before, when Buffy, Sam, Jack and Teal'c went to fetch Daniel from the demon planet.

They all walked into the control room, and Xander and Willow stopped dead at the sight of the Stargate opening. Anya just looked almost smug as she looked at it and Tara stood next to Willow sharing her shock and amazement. "My god what is that?" asked Xander, almost quitely.

"Colonel." said Hammond, offering him to take center stage.

"Um yes you see that is a Stargate, don't ask ME how it works , you had best ask Sam."

"You see you travel to other planets with this piece of technology." said Daniel.

"I wanna know how it works." said Willow, just after her sentence finished Jacob Carter walked through the event horizon and down the ramp. "Who's that?" asked Giles

"That's Dad." said Jack

"You're father is from another planet." said Xander

"No no he's not my father, Sam's father."

"Ahh," he paused and looked at Buffy and then back at Jack "Okay so Sam's father is from another planet."

"No he's from this one. He just lives on another one." said Daniel

"Cool." eclaimed Willow

"Isn't it." said Jack as Jacob walked upto the control room.

"What's going on?" he asked as he shaked General Hammond's hand.

"Nothing much, just showing our first civilians the Stargate."

"Is the world going to find out?"

"No just these,"

"So what exactly is going on?" he asked,

"Perhaps you should ask Sam." said Jack.

"Where is she?" asked Jacob

"She's in the infirmary. We had a slight...problem." explained Jack, "C'mon." showing Jacob the way.

Jacob Carter looked at his unconsious daughter, who was lying on the bed. "Sam?" he said softly. She opened her eyes and looked at her father. "Dad?" he first feeling was happiness that he was here, but then she realised that SG-1 know about her being a slayer and then her father would soon find out.

"Wanna tell me what happened. Nobody else will" he said, she sat up "You don't need to sit up."

"No I feel fine."

"So?"

"So what can I say. What do you want to know?"

"Let's try how the fact that a group of civilians are being shown the Stargate, however, nobody else is going to find out."

"Well Dad. I can't answer that because I don't know. You'll have to ask the General."

"That's the thing Sam I already have. He and the others said ask you. How come these people know you."

"Are you talking about Buffy and the group, huh?"

"Don't know there names, sweetheart."

"Well we made friends not too long ago and Buffy accidently managed to see the Stargate so they probably decided to tell them."

"Now how about you tell me how you got in here."

"Oh that, well I fell down a ditch."

"You fell down a ditch."

"Yeah." This was going to take some doing.

"Incoming traveller, warning incoming traveller."

"Who is it?" asked Hammond as the scooby gang waited to see it again. As the stargate flew open the technician said "There's no remote code."

"Close the iris." barked Hammond

"Iris? Aren't they in your eyes." said Xander

"This stops the enemy from coming through the gate."

"Ahh enemy, I'm familiar with those." Suddenly a demon smashed his way through the iris. "Oh I am definently familiar with that type of enemy." Buffy ran into the 'gate room to stop the creature from going any further. But she didn't get anywhere. The demon just picked her up and threw her against a wall.

Sam stopped talking to her father and ran out of the infirmary "Where are you going?" Jacob shouted after his daughter.

Sam ran into the 'gate room and saw Buffy lying on the floor. Sam ran upto Buffy and checked her pulse. As Sam turned around she saw and angry looking demon at the 'gate.

Jacob ran in to get Sam and stopped when he saw the demon "My god. Sam get out of there now." he shouted, but she didn't listen. She stood up and looked at the demon.

Sam felt herself push out the demon in her mind. She felt a kind of electricity as she stood there concentrating on the demon and nothing else. She could her father in the background and as she ignored his voice she felt the room spin. Suddenly her mind gave the demon a slayer strength push and the demon flew his way back through the stargate. The stargate closed and Sam turned back to Buffy. Picking her up she ran to the infirmary, Jacob followed her as did the scooby gang and SG-1.

"How is she?" asked Hammond, for the second time today, but this time they were in the infirmary and not the briefing room. "Well she's a little worse than Sam was but she will also be fine. She may suffer from headaches for a little while. But it's not that you should be worried about. I was running tests on Riley and his condition is worsening and Colonel O'Neill has the same thing, he had a blood test again this morning." Jack sat down.

"What was that that Sam did?" asked Jacob. Sam looked at him and shrugged her shoulders

"I could neve do THAT before."

"That's not apart of your powers." Sam looked at her father and then said

"No. It's not."

"How did you feel?" asked Fraiser

"Kind of powerful. Like there was an electric field generating from my body." answered Sam

"Sam." said Jacob "Can we talk for a minute. In private." Sam looked at Hammond and then said

"Yes of course, you may go." Sam walked out of the infirmary not bothering to see if her father was there.

They walked into her lab and she sat down. "Sam what was the doctor talking about when she said powers."

"Oh well I tried to tell you before."

"Tried to tell me what?" said Jacob impatient, Sam sighed

"I'm the Slayer." Jacob looked at her confused "The Vampire Slayer, as is Buffy and another girl called Faith, which we won't go into. I have been since I was 15 years old."

"Right stop. You're a what....Vampire Slayer, what the hell is that." shouted Jacob

"Well I was chosen to fight the undead."

"the undead???"

"Vampires and demons. That thing that came through the gate was a demon, dad."

"And Buffy is one as well. So what about this group."

"Oh they help us fight. They just don't have the powers."

"Powers??"

"Strength and hand-eye co-ordination. Etc."

"Right Sam you have Five seconds to tell me the truth." Sam stood up and looked at her father.

"I am telling you the truth, so why don't you believe me." shouting even louder

"Because If you were this Slayer wouldn't I have noticed, as you say you've been one since you were 15."

"Dad! It's meant to be a secret." she quietened to make her point.

"Really? You've run out of time. The truth now." Jacob shouted.

"I am telling the truth." Sam began shouting back at Jacob. Jacob lost control and smacked his daughter around the face. The sound echoed her lab. Sam held her face for a second unsure what to do. Her father had never really hit her before. Although she had been hit way harder than that, she knew that her father had meant to hurt her. She took her hand off her face and walked closer to her father, until she was breathing so close on his face. "If you don't believe me then that is your problem. I've told you the truth like it or lump it. That's upto you. As for you not noticing you had plenty of chances Dad. Remember all those times I would come home late, covered in blood and I would tell you that it was a bully from school. I lied. That was when I wasn't telling you the truth. " Sam voice got louder as tears began clouding her eyes. "You should believe me, I wouldn't lie to you unless I had too. And I'm not lying now."

"I still don't believe you, there is no such thing as a VAMPIRE SLAYER. I don't care what you say young lady."

"Dad? Would you like to feel slayer strength right now, coz you're headed that way."

"You would never hit me."

"Until today. I thought the same of you." the room fell quiet.

"Then hit me Sam, see if you can dare do it." Sam looked into her father's eyes and lifted her hand slowly until it rested on his cheek. Jacob was unsure of what she was going to do. Whether she was going to hold him or smack was unclear but she definently wasn't going to appologise. She then lifted her hand and smacked his face, so fast and hard that he fell to the floor. She then crouched beside him quietly and almost a whisper, but full of anger and hate she said,

"When you decide that you believe me, let me know. Until then I don't want to see you." she stood up and then walked out of her lab, leaving her father on the floor of her lab.

Sam walked into the infirmary to see Jack lying on a bed. "What happened?" she asked Janet.

"Oh he fell ill about half an hour ago. What happened to you?" replied Janet

"Oh I had an arguement with my father."

"I'm sorry if I had known that he didn't know about you being the Vampire Slayer then I wouldn't have said something."

"It's not your fault, he was bound to find out sooner or later." Buffy walked upto them "Hey- How are you feeling?"

"Oh I feel fine. How about you?"

"I've been better."

"I heard you used some strange power on the demon. Giles wants us to have a little scooby meeting."

"Sure." said Sam, following Buffy out the door after looking at Jack one more time.

Giles looked at Sam as they waited for Doctor Fraiser and General Hammondwith Buffy. Willow,

Xander and Tara were looking at the Stargate. "Are you okay?" asked Giles, Sam looked at him and then said

"Yeah sure. Where's Anya." she asked, changing the subject

"Oh she went to fetch Xander some stuff, I'm not allowed to know what...and you're changing the subject."

"I am."

"Well how did your father take it."

"He didn't."

"You did tell him didn't you?"

"Yes but he doesn't believe me." Buffy walked in with Hammond and Janet.

"Right you may all sit down." said Hammond. The group sat down and waited for Hammond to speak.

"Right as you may be aware there are a few problems."

"We're aware." said Xander

"Thank you for filling me in."

"Oh sorry, this is where I don't speak. Right?"

"That's right, son." Daniel walked in with Teal'c

"Sorry we're late General"

"Very well, please sit down."

"Well I was going to say that maybe Sam's new power is because of that field." said Willow

"Yeah but why are Jack and Riley ill instead, and Buffy's had nothing happen to her." said Xander

"Maybe but Riley are Jack aren't Slayers and Buffy was injured so she didn't get the chance to do anything." said Daniel

"Daniel Jackson is correct." said Tealc'.

"Thank you." said Daniel.

"Yeah but why would there be any difference." said Sam

"Because I've noticed that you two seem to be able to withstand alot more punishment to your bodies that the rest of us. Maybe the field that you described harmed Riley and the Colonel's bodies." said Janet.

"This is all speculation." said Sam. "We need to talk about curing them."

"She's right. If it's changing there DNA perhaps we could attack what's changing their DNA." Said Giles.

"I'm not sure what's doing it." said Janet

"People people." Hammond waved his hands for silence. "We need ideas."

"I have one." said Buffy

"You do???" asked Xander, clearly in shock

"Yes, you doctors work on a way to realter they're DNA and me and Sam are gonna go and find these bats."

"Bats???" said Teal'c

"Yes those things with teeth."

"I don't think that's such a good idea." said Giles

"Why not?" asked Sam.

"Because of what happened last time."

"But maybe we could find out where they are from?" said Sam

"Besides we wasn't prepared for them last time. We'll take more weapons this time. And maybe Sam can use this new power of hers." said Buffy

"Okay okay. But we what do we do." asked Xander

"Well you can help Doctor Fraiser, or just look after Riley and Jack." said Buffy

"Hold on. Nobody is going anywhere. Not until the problem at hand is dealt with." said Hammond

"Problem?" asked Xander

"Yes there are two. Finn and Colonel O'Neill, and the iris. Major I also want you to help Doctor Fraiser with the DNA reversal."

"Sir, I'm not sure I can reverse it."

"Maybe there is a better cure." said Willow

"Oh." said Hammond

"Yeah, if you don't mind Tara and Sam I need you to come with me." Willow started to walk and then turned to General Hammond

"If that's okay."

"Very well dismissed." said Hammond, everyone stood up to leave. Tara and Sam followed Willow as did Buffy and Daniel. While Xander, Hammond, Giles and Teal'c walked in the opposite direction. Doctor Fraiser followed Willow and the others.

"What's your idea?" asked Sam as Willow sat down at Sam's computer.

"I was hoping we could use..."

"Oh I see." said Sam.

"I don't." asked Daniel, sitting down beside Tara. Buffy stood next to Willow.

"I think she means Magic." said Buffy

"Yes, but I need to know exactly how this stuff works. "

"That would be where I come in." said Fraiser, walking in. "Don't worry I won't bite."

"She's right. She can help better than I can." said Sam, Willow looked at Janet

"I'm sorry it's because I don't know you, well not don't know you just not yet."

"Woah Will."

"I'm babbling aren't I."

"Will this work?" asked Buffy

"It should do, why."

"Because I think me and Sam should get those creatures while we still can." said Buffy

"I agree." said Sam.

"Good. You get Riley and Jack better and then when me and Sam come back we can have it as well."

"Why would you want it?" asked Daniel

"Because it's also altering there DNA and I'm not sure but it may just kill them as well, just no yet." said Janet

"That's bad." said Daniel

"Yes it is." said Buffy "Which is why we go now. Will, do you what you can. And if you need help ask Giles."

"It's okay." said Tara "We' we'll be okay."

"Good. Okay see you later." said Sam

"Yep and be good, no messing." said Buffy following Sam.

Jacob Carter knocked on General Hammond's door. "Come." came his voice from inside. Jacob turned the handle and walked inside "Hey George."

"Jacob, come in." said Hammond, smiling. "Why don't you have a seat?" Jacob sat down.

"George did you know that Sam was....well...."

"A Vampire Slayer. Yes I did. I haven't known for long but I do now." Hammond looked at Jacob's face.

"Jacob have you been injured lately."

"No. Me and Sam were having an arguement. It was about her being this Slayer."

"Okay, so she hit you."

"I hit her first."

"Jacob?!?" said Hammond in complete shock.

"I know, it's just I didn't believe, but she packs a good punch."

"Why didn't you believe her?"

"It sounded too far fetched."

"It did to me. But I tell you what if I get Doctor Jackson to give you the Information on the Vampire Slayer myth perhaps you can spot the truth in her story."

"It would help, but I want to be able to believe her without refering to some book."

"Maybe, but there is no manual on how to deal with this, Sam herself told me that."

"She did?"

"Yeah. Talk to her Jacob."

"I love to."

"So why are you here?"

"Well you see after she smacked me back she told me only to talk to her when I believe her. She doesn't want to see me until then."

"Oh. Well give her time."

"I still can't"

"Why."

"According to a young red head, she's gone with this Buffy to defeat some bats." he paused "I thought she slayed Vampires."

"She seems to be a Jack-of-all-trades Kind of Slayer."

"Oh well. I had best be going."

"Okay Jacob and get a doctor to have a look at your face."

"Will do." said Jacob as he walked out.

"Right are we ready?" asked Willow, as she stood between Jack and Riley, who were both on beds.

"I think so!" said Janet Fraiser. Daniel stood in the doorway and nodded at Willow.

"Okay." Tara who was standing in front of Willow placed her hands on there heads.

"I hope this works" said Buffy as they watched the bats come towards us.

"We have to let them surround us."

"Did I mention that I didn't like this."

"All the way here, you didn't mention anything else."

"Good, I hate to think that I would something like this be overlooked." she said sarcastically as the bats began to circle them as if they were part of a tornado.

Willow and Tara lifted there faces up so they were facing the ceiling. There hair was waving slightly as if there was a breeze. Willow placed her left hand on Riley's chest and her right hand on Jacks chest and they both began chanting.

The bats surrounded Buffy and Sam until if you were standing on the outside you wouldn't see them.

"Perhaps now would be good timing huh?" said Buffy

"Yeah I agree." said Sam, they both closed their eyes and concentrated. They were trying hard to attract evey bat that was near.

It worked, as bats kept joining the surrounding bats. The bats stopped moving, as if time had stopped.

Willow lowered her head and stopped chanting. But began saying "Heal the two that are before us. Heal there sickness. Return to their original health." as Willow kept repeated this words. Tara began moving her hands around their faces.

The froozen bats began to die in a similar way to vampires. It was as if they were being staked.

When they had all gone, Sam and Buffy opened their eyes. "Uh wow." said Sam

"Yeah what a...rush." said Buffy.

Riley and Jack opened their eyes. Tara stopped when she felt there eyes fluttering against the palm of her hand. Willow stopped when she heard Tara stop. "What's wrong?" asked Janet

"Nothing. There awake." said Willow

"The_they shouldn't be." said Tara. Janet checked their vital signs and looked at Daniel

"What is it?" asked Daniel

"Well I can't be sure until I check their blood but they've been healed. You did it!" she said looking at Willow and Tara.

"No we didn't. We hadn't finished." said Willow.

"Do you feel different?" asked Sam, as she and Buffy walked back to the car.

"No really I feel normally Buffyness." said Buffy

"That's my point."

"You mean....yeah it's gone."

"I feel normal.....dare I say it...normal saminess." Buffy smiled as she stepped into the car.

Buffy and Sam ran into the infirmary "How did it go?" asked Sam

"Oh it went well considering." said Willow

"Why? What? " said Sam

"What's wrong?" asked Buffy.

"Nothing's wrong." said Riley walking in as he fastened his shirt. Buffy ran upto him and held him.

"Are you okay? " asked Buffy

"Did the spell work?" asked Sam

"Not exactly." said Jack also walking in. Sam looked at him and he winked. Knowing full well that they couldn't hold each other like Riley and Buffy could.

"What do you mean not exactly?" asked Sam.

"Well it was working." said Willow "But I didn't get to finish."

"We believe that because you killed that bats you may have killed the..desease." said Daniel

"How would you know? I didn't realise they were connected?" said Sam

"Well we don't but we're just guessing."

"It's not fair. I always wanted to do that spell." said Willow, Tara immediately comforting her.

"Oh don't worry. They'll be plenty of chances." said Sam

"Yeah Will. Plenty of chances." said Buffy

Sam Carter sat in her lab with her face in her hands. It had been a long day. She killed a demon that crashed through the iris like it wasn't even there and then she didn't kill it it normal slayer way. Her father then found out she was a slayer and then don't forget the bats that she had also destroyed in the unusual slayer way. Her father hit her, her father hit her. As if on cue her father slowly walked in.

"Um hi. Sam can I come in?" she looked at him. He was already near her desk

"You are already in." she replied, coldly. She didn't mean it that way.

"Hey- Don't bite my head off. I came to appologise."

"What for?" she said quietly

"For not believing you. I should believe you. You're my daughter."

"Does that give you the right to hit me."

"You hit me as well."

"You told me to."

"That I did. Listen Sam I didn't come to argue."

"Of course you didn't. But you still don't believe me, do you?"

"Well I'd be lying if I said that I didn't have doubts, but I've been talking to Mr Giles and he kind of told me some stuff."

"Stuff??" said Sam, trying to get him to say this stuff

"That he was the one who had told you that you were this.....Vampire Slayer. And that you've managed to stop demons who wanted to sacrifice things like children."

"Oh that stuff."

"Well let's just say it was when you smacked me that I started to believe you."

"Why?"

"You hit me hard Sam."

"I hit my pillow harder than I hit you."

"Perhaps, but it still hurt."

"So Dad what else did you come to say."

"I came to say that I believe you."

"You you do?!?!" Sam was shocked to say the least.

"Yes. I also came to ask about Jack?" Sam looked at him and said

"What about him?"

"I overheard Daniel and this girl named Willow, that the two of you...were an item."

"Really?"

"Yeah you do know rumors aren't always true." said Jack from the door.

"Ah yes but rumors aren't always wrong either." said Jacob. Walking out of the door and winking at his daughter. "He knows!" said Sam, a little bit quieter than she intended.

"He does." said Jack., pulling off the chair. "So what are you gonna do about it?"

"Nothing." said Sam "I'm just glad he believes me." Jack put his arms around her waste.

"Not going out on patrol tonight?" he asked,

"No! I think I've killed enough for one day, don't you?"

"Absolutely. So do you have plans?"

"Not yet. Why?"

"I was hoping you'd allow me to get you dinner, miss."

"Well I wouldn't say no." she put her arms around his neck. "What exactly are we going to eat?"

"Well...." he kissed her on the lips.

"I meant for dinner."

"Oh well you'll see." he said taking her hands and walking out the door.

"What if somebody sees."

"We'll just say we're on our way to a barn dance."

"Oh a barn dance. Not my style of dancing."

"No." he said in shock

"No." she replied, giving him the answer.

"Good. Silly dance anyway." he said. Walking a little faster.

Finished for now, look out for the rest of the series.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Miss Wendy