Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Vampire Slayer 6: Aftershock

by Miss Wendy
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Aftershock

Aftershock

by Miss Wendy

Aftershock
AUTHOR: Miss Wendy
EMAIL: wendy.rhodes@ntlworld.com
CATEGORY: Action/Adventure, Angst, Crossover (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Hurt/Comfort, Romance, Series
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: None
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4; Part of Vampire Slayer series, 01 What Goes Bump In The Night 02 Girls Just Wanna Have Fun parts 1 and 2 03 The Virus 04 All Mighty and Powerful 05 Burning Passion. This story is a direct sequel to Burning Passion.
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: crossover, male/female relationship
SUMMARY: Sam is suffering from her part in Faith's death. Meanwhile an invisible demon haunts them.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Here's another addition. With my new email address. So please send me feedback.

Last time on Stargate SG-1 the Vampire Slayer series

Giles, Jack, Angel and Daniel ran upto her. Giles saw the pain on her face as she looked at Faith's dead body "You did the right thing." he said bending down beside Sam. "She would have just killed more innocent people." Sam looked and Daniel, Angel, Giles and then Jack, her eyes rested on him for a while and then she looked back at Giles "Perhaps." she said quietly. She stood up slowly and then walked out of the 'gate room. Leaving Jack and the others to worry about her and look at Faith.

And now the conclusion

Buffy Sommers jumped over the vampire and staked him from behind and turned to stake another. When they were gone she felt a breeze pass right by her. Turning she felt herself being lifted off the ground. She began kicking the air, as she could see nothing picking her up. But she could feel as if they were two hands around her waist. She pulled the hands apart and she fell. There was a small flash and for split second she saw what looked like a white demon. Realising she may need back up , she ran to Sam's house.

Samantha Carter lay on her bed. Listening to the wind that was outside and the loud whispering of her friends downstairs. She couldn't believe that she had killed Faith. She had only meant to stop her. But she killed her instead. But what did she mean? This was what was evading Sam. Faith said that she had more guts than Buffy. And that it must be the Air Force training. And Faith also said that she had the guts to finish her off. Sam didn't understand. But it was her part in Faith's death that was hurting her. She'd had never killed anothe living thing, unless they were on a battle field.

Sam decided to listen to what her friends were talking about.

Downstairs:

"Right who wants chips?" asked Xander, coming out of the kitchen and into the living room.

"Oh no, not me. Chips are naughty." said Willow.

"Angel? Giles? Jack? or Daniel?" asked Xander

"No." said Jack, quietly.

"I'll have a few, Xander." said Daniel

"Chips? No no....Oh go on then maybe a few." said Giles

"Angel?" Angel shook his head. "Oh yes of course, wrong type of gut. Sorry." Xander quickly hurried into the kitchen. "Are you okay, Jack?"asked Daniel

"I will be, once Sam is." said Jack

"Yes, she is taking it pretty harshly." said Giles, looking at the stairs.

"Where has she gone, exactly?" wondered Willow

"She said she was going to the bathroom." said Angel.

"Right the chips are here. Here you go Daniel." Xander, passed Daniel some chips. "And here you go Giles." Xander then sat down and gave himself the biggest plate full of chips. "And here you go Xander." he said taking a huge mouthful.

"Have you got more?" asked Giles

"Yeah, why? You're not jealous are you?"

"No." Daniel shook his head to agree.

"Good. I would have given you more." Daniel lowered his head and eat some chips.

"So. Um what were we talking about?" asked Xander

"I'm going to check on Sam." said Jack, standing up, ignoring what Xander said, and walking up the stairs.

Upstairs:

Jack walked into the bathroom and saw that she wasn't there. So he walked quietly into the bedroom. He saw Sam cuddling her legs on her bed. He could hear her crying. "Sam?" he said, quietly. Sam turned to face him and he sat on her bed. "Are you okay?" he asked, Sam wiped her eyes and then said

"Yes."

"Why don't I believe you?" he said jokedly.

"Why are you up here? I thought you were with the others downstairs?"

"Yeah but so was you. I wanted to know where you were."

"I was up here. You know now."

"Yeah. Um...why don't you come downstairs."

"I don't want to."

"Why not, Sam? Why won't you tell me what's wrong?"

"Because....it's complicated."

"Look, I know I'm a complete idiot but I can understand complicated. I did your hair."

"Jack! Please, just.....I want to be alone."

"No!"

"No?"

"I'm going downstairs and you're coming with me." Jack paused and looked at her "Is this because of Faith?"

"No!!" she said, a little too quickly.

"Yes. It is."

"No. It's not."

"It is."

"Is not."

"Is."

"Not."

"Is."

"Not."

"Is."

"Not."

"Is."

"Not."

"Is."

"Jack." Sam started laughing. Jack laughed with her and then her face turned serious.

"I didn't mean to kill her." Jack didn't say anything, he just let her do the talking. "It's not like I'm a killer. I've never really killed a Slayer before. And I should never have done it."

"Sam?" Sam looked at him "Surely, what she was going to do would have been far worse. She pulled that knife at you."

"Are you saying that at least..." Sam was stuck for words

"What *I* am saying is that at least she can't kill anybody else."

"Jack? That's not a very good excuse."

"But it's the truth isn't it." Jack found himself, raising his voice at her. So he quietened a little. "Look, I know that for a fact that something like that, can't have an excuse. You just have to accept that this was meant to happen. Do you believe in fate?"

"No"

"Neither do I!"

"Why did you ask?"

"I don't have an excuse. I don't need one."

"Jack?"

"Now Sam, c'mon give me a chance to explain in my silly twisted way. You'll never get a better....laugh." Sam giggled. "Now, Major, No giggling, please. Fasten your seat belt."

"What? I thought you were ex...." Jack picked her up.

"Sam, don't...slay me, please. I'm just taking you downstairs."

"Jack." she screamed as he carried her down the stairs. At the same time Buffy walked through the door and stood watching as Jack carried Sam down stairs and put her on the chair. Jack then collapsed. "You may regret that, you know." said Buffy

"I might just agree with you." said Jack, Sam burst into a fit of giggles and was laughing on the floor.

"Well, she's cheered up." said Angel

"Look, I have something important to say." said Buffy

"You do? Ooooh, this is gonna be good." said Xander. Causing Angel to give him looks

"Xander?" said the whole group, except Willow, who was sleeping, Xander and Sam, who was still giggling. Buffy kept an eye on Sam and said "There was this demon." Sam stopped laughing and looked at Buffy. "It was invisble."

"How do you know it was a demon." said Giles, looking at the sleeping Willow

"How do you know it was invisible." said Xander

"Because I couldn't see it." said Buffy

"Well how did you know it was....*there*." said Jack, Buffy gave a meanful glare and Jack, who immediately closed his mouth and bowed his head, Knowing full well his contribution wasn't called for. "Um Jack's right. How do you, er, know it's...there." said Daniel, still eating chips.

"Well it picked me up. So I kicked it. I could feel it."

"You could feel it? Yuck!" exclaimed Xander

"Yes. And not how you think. It was there but I couldn't see it. Until I hurt it. There was a quick flash and I saw a white demon."

"A white demon?" asked Giles

"Yes." said Buffy, who looked at Sam and pointed to Jack to get his attention and then pointed at Sam, she was also asleep. "Oh....poor girl. She must be exhausted." said Xander

"Yeah she hasn't slept much...since...Faith."said Jack, everyone fell quiet.

"Well, I'd best take her to bed." continued Jack, picking her back up, all the fun from before was gone.

"You don't think she'll mind if we crash here, will she?" said Xander

"Nah!!! I don't think so." said Jack, walking upto the stairs. Everyone began grabbing more blankets from the cupboard and cushions and they began picking places to sleep.

10 minutes later when they were all settled. Jack upstairs with Sam. Buffy next to Willow, on the sofa, while the men, (Giles, Xander, Daniel and Angel) slept on the floor. Giles said "I think I'll look up Buffy's invisible demon." Only Angel agreed as everyone else was asleep.

"Yeah. Good idea." he said.

The next morning, Giles, sleepily picked himself off the floor to see Buffy, Willow and Xander watching a breakfast show on the TV. The three of them were curled up on the sofa, while Angel and Daniel were still asleep.

"Do we have to have that electronic rubbish blasting loudly in the morning?" asked Giles

"It's important TV." said Buffy

"Of course it is." said Daniel , waking up. "Does anyone want a drink?"

"Yes please." said Xander, greedily.

"Um please. I would love a drink." said Willow

"I still have sleepy taste in mouth, so yes....please" said Buffy

"I'll help you ." said Giles, desperate to get out of the living room and away from the TV.

Jack O'Neill then tumbled down the stairs. "Oh are you okay." said Willow

"Yeah....never better." said Jack, standing up

"Are...you sure...Jack, you look a little...er...hurt." said Daniel, putting his head around the door of the kitchen, looking at his leg. He was limping slightly. "Have you kids never seen a man fall down the stairs before.....Oooh you're watching the breakfast show." said Jack, joining the others on the sofa. As Angel woke up and Daniel came in with Giles carrying drinks. "Where's Sam?" asked Daniel, giving the others there drinks. "She's getting dressed." Jack looked at Daniel and then at his tray. "Where's my drink, Danny-Boy?"

"I'll get you and Sam one, now that you're awake." he replied, as Sam slowly came down the stairs.

"I'll still have that research to do, today." said Giles, picking a chair that was furthest away from the TV.

"Do we have to listen to this?" asked Sam, sitting on Jack's knee, and putting her face in her lovers chest. "Yes." chorused, Buffy, Willow, Jack, Daniel and Xander

"I say no. It should be turned off." said Giles

"I agree with Giles and Sam, too much noise." said Angel

"What for you? Quick lets open the curtains." said Xander

"I don't think so." said Sam. "But how are we meant to get him home. He can't stay here, he'll...die."

"I'll hide until it's night. Don't worry. Once it is, I'll go home to LA."

"Are you sure you don't want to stay." said Buffy

"Yeah, Angel, please stay." said Willow "You may be able to help us with this invisble demon."

"Invisible demon???" asked Sam

"You either were giggling or asleep, one or the other. I can't really remember." said Giles

"I remember you talking about a demon. I didn't hear invisble demon though." said Sam

"You were probably asleep, baby." said Jack

"Oh. I fell to sleep."

"Yep. On this very sofa."

"Oh."

"I've found something!" shouted Willow

"What is it?" asked Giles, from underneath his pile of books. Getting looks from Daniel

"A demon that is visible to no one." Giles and Daniel walked behind and had a look.

"It says the demon is said to be white. But nobody really knows. Guess that's why it's said to be a myth myth myth." said Willow

"Ah it says that the demon can become visible if he is injured." read Giles

"Yes it does say that but it also says it needs an electric charge to make it visible forever."Willow explained.

"How do we electricute a demon." said Daniel "As a matter of fact how do we find an invisible demon."

"Very good questions, both of them. I'm sure the answers are somewhere we just need to find them." said Giles, indicating to the pile of books.

Sam Carter sat in her lab, testing soil samples for minerals. Sam wasn't really concentrating on what she was doing. She was thinking of Faith.

<"Don't go and kill more innocent people" "Who's gonna stop me? You? Buffy? I don't think so" "Must be that Air Force training" "You did the right thing"> These sentence's were playing through Sam's mind. She always found that she would think too much.

Suddenly Sam felt a strange sensation that started in her toes. Dropping the soil samples and losing all thought on Faith, she fell to the floor. Blue electric streaks coming from her body. The pain shot through her spine and rendered her unconcious.

"How is she?" asked Jack, looking at Janet, Daniel and Giles

"Well so far as I can tell, she seems to have....dare I say it....electricity inside her as if she was the mains in which you would plug in something that required alot of power."

"Well this is good." said Giles, suddenly

"Excuse me." said Jack, annoyed "How is this good?"

"I'm sorry, forgive me, it's just we have an invisble demon...."

"Who cares about demons?" shouted Jack

"I do." said Sam, walking up to them

"I think you should stay in bed." said Janet

"No Giles, tell me." said Sam, stubbornly

"Er yes...um the demon can be made visible by an electric shock."

"Of course and that way you could kill it." said Daniel

"How do you know." said Jack

"I was with him when we found out."

"Oh."

"Where was the demon last.....heard." said Sam

"Buffy's been following it. If you want I could drive you there."

"No way." said Jack "She's not going, she's staying here."

"I'm going Giles, and thank you for the lift." At that Sam walked out. Giles followed.

"She's very very stubborn." said Daniel

"Ya think!" exclaimed Jack, in his usual manner.

"I...er think." said Daniel walking off.

Buffy walked up to Giles and Sam "I *Think* it's in there." she said pointing to a cave.

"What makes you think that?" asked Sam

"Well I've just fought it and followed the footprints on the floor."

"Does it know you followed it." asked Giles

"Well I'd probably be dead if it did." retorted Buffy "I hope you've got an engineous plan because other wise we're not gonna kill it."

"Buffy, the demon is invisible not invincible." said Giles, more than slightly annoyed.

"Sorry."

"Buffy." interrupted Sam "I need you to let it grab you so I know where it is."

"What we're gonna hurt it so we can see it for a minute." said Buffy sarcastically

"I thought you said it need to be....." started to Sam, to Giles

"Yes and it does. But being electricuted means being hurt."

"Anyway. Let's go." said Sam, allowing Buffy to go first.

Buffy walked into the cave and made herself *visible* so that the demon could find her. It worked. It grabbed her from behind. "Sam, now would be a good time." Sam ran in and bumped into the demon. She put her hands on the demon and electricity began to flow out of her and into the demon. Buffy was amazed, to say the least.

Finally the demon was visible. Buffy grabbed her weapon and beheaded it. As the creatures body fell to the floor, so did Sam. Buffy rushed to Sam "Giles!" she shouted "What is it?" he came rushing in. When he saw Buffy crouched beside Sam he rushed to her side as well

"Oh my." exclaimed Giles

"Giles? I thought you were going to get a electricity shot to see it."

"We did."

"I don't understand."

"She was the electricity." Sam opened her eyes "How are you feeling."

"Oh. I've got a headache." said Sam, sitting up.

"Let's get you back to the sgc."

Samantha Carter walked along the grass to where Faith lay. "Hello." said Samantha quietly, looking at her and sitting down. "Hi. You've come to check on me, then. Huh?" said Faith

"Well....no. I don't know why I'm here."

"You're here because I'm here, you'll always be here."

"I don't...don't understand."

"I forgive you. You did the right thing." Faith whispered and disappeared.

The whole image disappeared and Sam found herself in her bedroom, sitting bolt right up.

"Hey, baby are you okay." asked Jack, sitting up, also

"Yeah, everything's fine." Sam answered pulling him back down with her and resting her head on his chest "Everything's fine."

Finished for now.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Miss Wendy