Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Vampire Slayer 14: Mr President

by Miss Wendy
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Mr President

Mr President

by Miss Wendy

TITLE: Mr President
AUTHOR: Miss Wendy
EMAIL: wendy.rhodes@ntlworld.com
CATEGORY: Action/Adventure, Crossover (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Hurt/Comfort, Romance, Series
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4; Part of the Vampire Slayer series 01 What Goes Bump in the Night 02 Girls Just Wanna Have Fun parts 1 and 2 03 The Virus 04 All Mighty and Powerful 05 Burning Passion 06 Aftershock 07 Aqua World 08 Gifts and Traditions 09 Captured 10 Heartache 11 This Evil Heart 12 Good Day Bad Day 13 The Disease
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: angst, crossover, male/female relationship, violence, Iddy biddy lanuguage. Hardly noticeable. Please don't cry!
SUMMARY: Is the President a Vampire??
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: HI. HI . HI. HELLO

"So what do you think?" asked Willow, for the millionth time. Boring everyone in the room.

"It's a great idea Will, but we'd never pull it off." said Buffy, only looking up for a second then continued to sharpen her stake. Sam was also sharpening a stake, and Jack was playing with the Goldfish. Giles and the others were playing a board game. "But it... wouldn't it be fun?" asked Willow, desperately wanting her friends to agree. "Of course it would, but with what we do...." started Daniel

"But..."

"I think it's a great idea." Blurted Sam. Earning looks of curiosity from everybody. "What?... I just though that maybe it might give us some fun, eh?" Sam looked at Jack, who was still wiggling his fingers in front of the poor Goldfish.

"What do you think, Giles?" asked Xander

"I think you lot owning a club would be disastorous." replied Giles, in his pure english accent. "But my opinion has never stopped you before."

"I listen to your opinion." defended Sam

"Me too!" said Willow

"Well in that case, own a club will you." said Giles. "I'll help you buy it if you like."

"We can all do it. Sort of like a joint thing." said Sam.

"Or Sam and Buffy could own it, and we could work there." said Xander

"Why them?" asked Willow

"Because they are the slayers and they deserve it. Besides I don't think we're all cut out to own a club."

"If Sam and Buffy owned the club then it wouldn't be so disastorous." said Giles

"As long as we get cocktails" said Jack, Sam looked at him with concern

"Are you okay?" she asked

"Oh er I'm fine. It's just....No." He walked out. Sam looked at everyone in the room and then she stood up to follow him, dropping her stake on the floor. "What did we say?" asked Daniel. Everybody shrugged.

Sam followed Jack to the car, and then she stopped him. "Jack?"

"I'm sorry, it's just I've got a headache, and..."

"Are you sure it's just a headache?" she asked. Jack looked at her, from his position in the car, and winced slightly at the light shining in his eyes. "I'm sure." Sam got in the other side and closed the door behind her. "Jack?"

"I'll be okay. I have to fetch Leanne anyway." he said

"I've already told you that I would do it." Jack looked at his feet. There was silence for a few seconds

"Couldn't we spend some time alone." he suddenly asked.

"That's what's bothering you, isn't it?" she asked, quietly

"A little, we're always either in Sunnydale or here."

"And you don't want the club, either then?"

"No, I think the club is a great idea. You owning it anyway. It's just I want to marry you, not the *Scooby* gang as well." Sam looked slightly taken back, she didn't understand where this was coming from. "Are you going on patrol, tonight?" he asked. A little too quiet for Sam to hear, but she knew what he asked. "Well I was.... But I don't have to. I tell you what...I won't go if you tell me what's wrong."

Jack looked at her and then at Giles' house "Alright." he said "You're on."

"Good, I'll go and tell Giles that we're going." said Sam. Getting out the car.

When she came back, she sat down and looked at him. He started the engine. "Thank you." he said.

"It's okay." said Sam.

Sam and Jack sat on the sofa holding each other. "Are you going to tell me, then?" asked Sam.

"I just... I don't know what came over me. It's just I nearly lost you, with that disease, and I wanted to just spend time with you." Jack said. She wanted him to continue but he didn't.

"Do you hate me being the Slayer?"

"No, I don't." he said honestly "But I just wish I could spend more time with you. Just you and me....and the baby." Sam sat up, so she could see his face.

Jack felt terrible for saying these things to her. She looked confused and upset. But she was smiling at him as well. Which confused him. Sam kissed him on the cheek. "I'm sorry." She said.

"It's not you, it's me."

"How?" asked Sam

"I feel weird lately. Like I feel as if I must be with you. We don't get to do that much. And even in a few minutes we'll have to go and fetch Leanne from school." said Jack. Sam didn't speak. "Baby, can I ask you something?"

"Yes." she managed to say.

"If I've upset you, you will tell me, won't you?"

"Of course I will." said Sam, kissing his arm.

The next day. As Buffy planned for the new club/bar. Sam was about to be awarded for the death of Apophis.

Sam and Jack stood to attention as the US. President walked into the gate room. The president walked upto the both and smiled. "Major Samantha Carter you are being awarded for killing a formiddable enemy." He pinned the medal to her uniform, whilst Jack grinned. Sam suddenly felt that bad feeling. She looked at the president and couldn't believe it. Jack noticed her sudden change, but there was nothing he could do. The President carried on and then he left. Sam still stood there watching him leave. When he was completely gone, Jack walked upto her, with concern he said. "Sam, are you okay?"

"The...he's...er...I...he's a Vampire." she said, in absolute shock.

As the scooby gang and SG-1 were in the breifing room, all talking to one another about what Sam had found out. "Alright people, can we have organisation here?" barked Hammond. The room fell quiet. "Right Major, Are you sure that the United States President is a Vampire."

"Yes Sir." she said.

"The thing is how come he is a Vampire?" said Giles.

"Isn't the president the most protected man in this nation?" asked Daniel

"Yes he is, which concerns me." said Hammond "How the hell is he a Vampire?"

Everyone looked at Each other, until Giles suddenly said. "The Vampire Uprising." he said.

"Of course." said Sam.

"No, I thought we had all that done and dusted." said Buffy

"Yeah Literally." said Xander

"No not really." said Giles

"They've started at the top instead of the bottom, It would be quicker." said Sam

"The whole white house, could be full of them." said Willow.

"I'm confused. How?" said Jack. "How is that starting at the top?"

"The president comes into contact with everybody, and they are trying to 'grow in numbers', well that's what the first slayer said in my dream." said Sam.

"Just think how many people are now Vampires." said Xander "i know I am not one."

"What do we do?" asked Willow.

"We go to the white house." said Buffy

"Are you crazy?" shouted Hammond, "I can't authorise you to go into the white house and stake the President."

"We have no other choice." said Sam "I agree with Buffy, we should go. And we wouldn't be staking the president. We could just call it recon. We need to know how far it has gone."

"Out of the question Major, none of you are going." said Hammond

"Sir, I hate to be the one to have to remind you. But I am the Slayer, and there is no way you can stop me or Buffy this is our job. We go tomorrow night." she said. Buffy nodded.

"We're going to the white house." said Xander.

"No were not." said Buffy

"Huh?" asked Xander "I thought Sam said tomorrow night..."

"Yeah me and Sam are going. You guys are not."

"What??" shouted Xander "You get to go, and have fun, while we have to stay here."

"We're not having fun.We're calling it recon. We need to see what's happening. How many there are. It's too dangerous Xander." said Buffy

"You're not going." said Sam.

"Neither of you are." said Hammond

"General Hammond with all due respect we are going." said Buffy. She then turned to Sam.

"Sir. If I ever have to choose between the Stargate and the slaying. I would have to choose the slaying."

"I really don't understand why?"

"Because it is her destiny." said Giles. Sam and Buffy stood up and walked out. Jack just sat there wanting to stop her from going. But of course he wouldn't be able talk to her until tomorrow.

While Giles realised that he should probably make sure that what they do is planned.

That night.

Sam walked into her house, and walked into the living room, to find Jack sprawled out on the sofa, clutching a bottle of whiskey. Sam sighed. Jack opened his eyes and looked at her. The tone he used was frightening. "Oh, you're back. I thought you were on patrol." Sam opened her eyes wide in amazement. "I just came back."

"Well I thought you would be out there all night. You know slay those Vampires, Hey I know why don't you go to the white house. Slay a few there."

"Jack, what's wrong?"

"Oh nothing." he said, lying.

"And you've been drinking." she said, taking the bottle off him.

"Oh did your supernatural ability tell you that?" he said, his voice laced with bitterness.

"Jack? What the hell is wrong?" she shouted, but then realising Leanne would be in bed.

"What's wrong? Oh well you see I marrying this woman soon, who I don't even get to see."

"What?" she whispered.

"I love her you know. But she's a slayer, and lately that's all that she does, slay. There's this Vampire moving thingy. God, I just want to see you." Strangely Jack went from talking about her to talking to her. "I'm sorry, but this is important." said Sam, almost in tears. He had never done this before.

"What about our baby?"

"Our baby is important too!"

"When will it be important though?"

"Jack...I wish I understood what you are trying to tell me."

"You understand, you have to. Coz you're brainy as well. And I'm nothing."

"This is what this is about isn't it?" Jack looked at her expectantly "It's about you feeling like your less than a man." Sam looked at him, and then at the bottle. "Well if you call this a man, you have something really wrong with you. I never wanted to threaten your man hood, Jack." she said. He looked guilty, reality sinking in.

"Can't we have some normality. Sam, please? Just for one day."

"Well....I'm going to bed." Sam turned on her heels and walked upstairs.

She lay on their bed and waited for Jack to come. Suprisingly he did, she pretended to be asleep as she listened to him move around the room. He got into bed, and she could feel him looking at her. "I'm sorry!" he whispered.

Sam opened her eyes and looked at the clock. It was 5.30 am. And already she was feeling sick. Jack had his arm drapped on her, she took his arm off her. She managed to literally crawl out of bed, and crawl to the bathroom, where she threw up. And then collapsed on the floor.

Leanne opened her eyes, to knocking on the door. She walked downstairs and opened the door. Groggily she meeted Buffy and Xander with grin. "Hi." she said.

"Hey, is Sam there?" asked Xander "We have business."

"Xander?" said Buffy and Leanne let them inside. "I've already told you that this bar that we're getting cannot be arranged until after tonight."

"No, we must do it now. This morning . I have a deal set up." Jack walked down the stairs.

"Hi what can I do for you?"

"Oh we're here to see Sam." said Buffy.

"Some Vampire stuff?" said Jack.

"No. It's to do with the bar. Club...thing me and Sam are going to own. Xander is insisting we do it before tonight." said Buffy, giving Xander the eye. Leanne smirked. Jack looked at her and then at Buffy. "Well I wouldn't mind knowing more about this club thing." said Jack. Leanne walked upstairs mumbling something about needing the toilet.

"Xander found an ad in the paper, for this bar in colorado, which is up for sale. He wants us to go and check it out." she replied. Jack shook his head. He was in a better mood, except for the headache. But only because Buffy wasn't here to pull Sam into some slaying.

Upstairs:

"Sam, come on. I'm desperate." shouted Leanne, banging on the door. There was no answer.

"Sam??? You've been in there for hours." Leanne knocked louder on the door, and stopped when she saw Buffy, Xander and Jack standing beside her. "What's going on?" asked Jack

"Sam's in there and she is not coming out." said Leanne

"Annie, banging on the door won't make her hurry up." said Xander pulling the girl back.

"Sam?" said Jack. Jack signalled for them to be quiet and he listened. Then they could hear choking. "Oh crap!" said Jack, trying to smash open the door. When he had managed to knock the door down he looked inside and saw Sam on the floor, choking. It didn't look nice. She was crying, obviously her emotions were a bit rough, and she looked a mess. Xander and Buffy pulled Leanne back and took her downstairs. Jack bent down on the floor and slowly picked her top half up. Sitting her up. He got a towel and wiped her face. "Oh Sam. God. Look at you." he said. She fell into his chest. Jack carefully peeled of the clothes that was covered in vomit, and wrapped a dressing gown around her. He then carried her into the bedroom. Sitting her on the bed. He sat beside her and stayed with her. "Are you okay, now?" he asked. She nodded. She then held onto him.

"You go yourself and tell me what you think. I'm gonna rest for tonight." said Sam, to Buffy and Xander, leading them to the door. "I'll tell you about it tonight" said Buffy.

"Okay."

"I'll make notes for you, Sam." said Xander. Sam opened the door and smiled at him. They walked out.

"Meet you at 4." said Buffy. Sam waved at them and then closed the door. She turned to see Jack holding a tray of food. "Are you hungry?"

"Well you've made the food now. It would be rude not to. Besides I want to talk to you."

"Okay." he led her into the living room.

"Right first...where's Leanne?" she said looking around

"She's with Willow and Tara, something to do with it being Saturday and no school."

"Oh, okay then second...I'm sorry about everything. You're right, I'm not normal. I won't do anymore slaying until our baby is born. But thirdly ... I have to slay tonight I have to at least help Buffy do that. Giles is planning it, I have to do it with her. She can't do this one on her own. "

"Yes...Okay...shake on it." replied Jack, at least they had come to an agreement. They shook hands on it and he smiled. "I'm sorry, also. I shouted at you. Again. The other day as well. I said some things to you about not seeing you. I want you to know I was drunk. Not thinking straight. And It was only because I care about you. I don't want you to get hurt. And...I know you're not willing to admit this...but now that you have a baby inside you, you are more...vulnerable." he said.

"Okay...."

"Admit it." he said

"...I guess you could say being pregnant would make me more vulnerable. If you look at it...in a certain way...Okay okay it makes me vulnerable. That's why I won't do anymore after tonight....Unless I have to."

"Sam?" he warned "You promised."

"Those words never came out my mouth." she said.

"Fine then, promise?" he said. Sam looked at him and didn't say a word. "Please, promise that you won't. I know you'll miss the action. who wouldn't, please promise for me. Promise me?"

"Jack I promise." she said, with as much honesty as possible.

Sam walked along the beach, her hair flowing wildly as she looked at the figure before her. The first slayer. "I know what you plan." said the first slayer

"You do?"

"Yes. You and Buffy Sommers must be careful. You must use the gift that I have given you. You must learn how to use it." she said.

"The strength??" Sam asked, confused

"No, the extra strength is merely a biproduct of my gift to you."

"Woah wait, do you mean that isn't what the gift is?"

"Yes."

"What is?"

"The answer lies within you." she said.

"Well that was helpful." Sam whispered mainly to herself. "Please, tell me what this gift is and how to use it?"

"I cannot tell you. You must tell yourself."

"I wish I could understand you."

"Look within your heart and you will see." the picture faded.

Sam opened her eyes and felt dazed for a minute. She sat up and saw Jack sitting on a chair opposite her. "Jack?" she asked

"Hi, that must have been some dream." he said. Helping her sit up.

"I'm downstairs." she stated.

"Yeah. You fell to sleep on the settee and have been asleep for a couple of hours."

"What time is it?"

"Don't worry, it's not 4 O'Clock."

"Oh." she said. She looked outside at the terrible weather. "It's snowing."

"Yeah, I love snow....Tell me, what the hell was that dream about?"

"Why?"

"You were mumbling something about 'not understanding' and 'what gift'. Does it have anything to do with that wierd first slayer that we sorta bumped into and she made you stronger..."

"That's not my gift." she said, interrupting him

"What?"

"That's not my gift, something else is." she whispered. "I need to find what it is."

"What? Why? How? I...What???"

"What time is it?"

"It's....." he looked at the clock "11.15. Why?"

"I need to think what my gift is before I go to Washington."

"Why?"

"Because I'm going to need it."

"Sam, you have seriously confused me."

"You're confused? I haven't got a clue." She said running upstairs.

At 4 O'Clock sharp Buffy knocked on the door. Jack answered and saw her looking quite smart in dark coloured clothes. "Hi. Sam's upstairs."

"Hi." Buffy walked in. Sam walked down the stairs, actually dressed in nearly the same things.

She walked up to Jack, and Buffy re-opened the door. "I love you, and I promise I will be back before you miss me."

"I know you will.But I already miss you." said Jack. Giving her a sweet kiss on the lips.

"I promise." she said. Kissing him on the cheek. Jack watched her leave, worried mainly for her. But there was some worry for Buffy in there.

Sam continued driving while Buffy made sure they had stakes. "So....did you get that bar?"

"Yes we did. And believe me it is in mint condition."

"Really?"

"Yeah, all we need is to clean it slightly. Get some staff, which I think that gang want to do. Then we are in business." Buffy said, full of excitement.

"What does it look like?"

"I'm not saying, you should be patient . You'll find out after we check on the president."

When they got to Washington, a few blocks from the white house. They left the car and walked the rest of the way.

They got to the gate and the lights that were headed for them, nearly shined on them. But Buffy pulled Sam out of the way, and they hid behind the wall. "Thanks." said Sam

"Are you okay? You're not still sick are you?"

"No, I keep thinking about my dream."

"Dream?"

"The first slayer, she told me today that the gift isn't the strength. It's something else."

"Wierd."

"Tell me about it."

"So....are we ready?"

"Yeah. You lead the way." Buffy walked upto the gate, checking for the security lights. They were far away. Both girls Jumped over the gate, and quickly ran to the trees. Sam reached their first.

"Are you sure it isn't running?"

"I already knew how to do that?"

"What makes you think it's something you can't do?"

"I don't know, a feeling maybe." They continued along the trees, making sure they didn't find themselves in a bright light.

They suddenly stopped when a light nearly spotted them. "God, if only we coud get the light to go somewhere else, we're going to be here all night." Buffy complained. Sam looked at the light, and found her mind pushing the light away from them. Buffy stood in amazement. "Somebody heard me?"

"Yeah, I did." said Sam, looking at her. Also in shock.

"What?"

"I think I've found my gift."

"Your gift is moving light?" she asked.

"Well No, not just light. Maybe other stuff, She said I would need this tonight." They continued, until they got to the window, and Buffy was about to smash it when Sam realised that was a bad idea. "What are you doing?"

"We need to get in." said Buffy

"Yeah, but we need to get in in one piece. You smash that window that alarm will go off."

"No....Giles got me this....thing....which does it quietly." Showing Sam the piece of equipment Giles had given her.

"I have a better idea." Sam concentrated on the window, and the window opened. She then climbed in pulling a shocked Buffy in.

They walked down the corridoor, trying not to get caught. But somebody caught them. "Hey, who the hell are you?" the guard said, looking at them both.

"Er...we're maids." said Buffy. Sam shook her head. Bad idea.

"Maids???? At this time of night, out of uniform? I don't think so." Buffy grabbed Sam's arm and pulled her away from the guard. He fired his weapon, just as Sam turned around to see him. In shock Sam waved her hands in front of her, and the bullet stopped in mid air. As did the guard. But now he looked like a Vampire. "Oh my!!" exclaimed Buffy. Buffy walked upto the guard/Vampire while Sam walked upto the bullet. It looked like a painting to Sam. Buffy waved her arm in front of the Vampire. "He is frozen, I think?" Sam looked at the bullet and then at the Vampire. "Stake him." she said. Buffy did so, but nothing happened. "He isn't...."

"Maybe it's because their frozen?" said Sam

"Well Unfreeze them." Buffy said, frustrated. They were in an unusual situation.

"I really don't know how I did it in the first place." Sam was also frustrated.

"Maybe it happened when you waved your hands?" suggested Buffy. Pulling Sam out of the way of the bullet. Sam waved her hands, as if she was saying hello to someone.

"Sam, not like that. I meant you know...." Buffy showed Sam with her hands, how to unfreeze. She practically did the same thing. But quicker, and it mainly looked like she was pretending to have flash lights. Sam concentrated and did the same thing. The bullet flew out the window and the Vampire dusted. Also Alarms went off. "I knew that was a bad idea." said Sam, as they quickly found a room to hide. Little did they know it was the room next to the president's office. They heard him come out of his office and shout at someone "What the hell is going on?"

"Er Mr President. Master....someone has fired a weapon." the person who answered sounded nervous.

"Find out who it was, and for what reason. It could be someone who wishes to stop our plans of a better future for all Vampires."

"How the hell do they...." whispered Buffy. Sam stopped her by covering her mouth.

"Sir. Mr President." said someone else. "I have the report for the Stargate program that you requested." the president never did reply. He obviously was reading the recent reports. "Sir. If you don't mind my asking, why did you request such a document at night?"

"I do mind your asking." said the president. Sam looked throught he gap and saw the president's face change. He was going to bite the man. He looked scared. Sam tried desperately to freeze him again. She managed to freeze the president but not the man, which shocked Sam. Why didn't he freeze as well? The man, terrified, ran off. Sam dragged Buffy out of the small room, and they ran past the president. Buffy staked the president as they ran past. But since he was frozen nothing happened. Buffy stopped to look at him. Sam stopped running when she realised Buffy was no longer with her. "What the hell are you doing?"

"He...unfreeze him." she ordered

"Not with you standing there." Sam pointed out. Buffy ran behind a corner, as did Sam and then Sam did the same hand movements and unfroze the President. He looked at the stake in his heart and said "Oh Crap." and then he was gone. Buffy wanted to get the stake back. Sam stopped her.

"What?"

"Sam...Fetch Stake." she ordered, as if Sam were a dog. "You know with your power?"

"Oh." Sam concentrated and handed Buffy the stake with her mind. They ran down the corridoor. And Bumped into four Vampires. Buffy staked one, with ease. Sam pushed two away with her mind, so that she could actually get her stake. But they didn't bet on 5 more Vampires coming behind them. "We're going to be dead, if they all come." said Buffy. Sam kicked one away and staked the one behind her.

"Why don't you freeze them?" Sam quickly did so. "Good, let's go."

"Aren't we meant to stop Vampires. We should stake them all." said Sam. They staked each one in turn and then ran off.

They found Giles at Sam's house, with all the gang talking about the new club. "Hello." said Buffy running. Everyone stood up. Jack grabbed Sam and pulled her down on to the sofa. "How did it go?" asked Giles.

"Well you should you see a news report tomorrow saying 'News Flash. The President Of the United States is missing' you'll know." said Buffy

"You staked the president???" asked Willow. Standing up.

"Yeah. Everybody their was a Vampire. Except for one man, who gave a report on the Stargate to him." said Sam

"Sam's missing out the best part." said Buffy

"There's more?" asked Xander

"She has powers." Buffy stated, with a grin.

"Yeah we know." said Xander

"No. She can freeze Vampires and objects. She can't freeze men for some reason. Oh and she can move objects and Vampires with her mind. I don't know if she can freeze and move people." Buffy was babbling.

"You....what?....how....hey???" said Willow

"The first slayer told me that the extra strength wasn't my gift. And she's right, it's not." said Sam. "But I can't freeze people."

"Maybe because the people aren't already dead?" suggested Daniel

"Good point." said Buffy

"You can freeze things?" asked Jack, holding Sam. He hadn't let go of her since she had come back.

"Yeah."

"Prove it." said Xander. Everybody looked at him. Xander stood up and walked upto Sam's Vase and Gently threw it at her. Sam quickly did that hand movement and the Vase was stook in mid-air. "Do you believe me now?" she asked. Xander's bottom jaw was practically on the floor.

Sam stood in a blind fold. Waiting for Buffy and the others to show her the Club that they now owned. Jack held her hand and Buffy held her arm and they guided her inside. Sam could hear giggling. They took the blindfold off and it took Sam a few seconds to adjust to the light. She then looked around amazed. "My god!" she exclaimed. "Er...." Sam took in the actual place. It was quite clean, and the chairs were stacked on the tables and the bar was in the middle, in the form of a square. The dance floor was huge. "Wicked? Huh?" asked Buffy.

"Er....yeah...Absolutely." Everybody laughed at Sam's reaction, while Jack held her and laughed into her hair. Both looking forward to actually having time to each other, and Sam looking forward to 6 and a half months of no slaying and no going to the SGC for work. Basically a long holiday.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Miss Wendy