Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Torment Series - Part IV: Rescued, The

by MerryKate
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Torment Series - Part IV: Rescued

The Torment Series - Part IV: Rescued

by MerryKate

Summary: Sam is captured by an unknown enemy
Category: Angst, Drama, Future Story, Hurt/Comfort, Series
Season: future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: adult themes, violence
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 01/20/04

The Torment Series - by MerryKate

Part IV: Rescued

For several long moments, Rowan stood outside the door, gathering his thoughts as well as his courage. When he felt he was ready, he stepped inside and reached down to Sam, only to have her scream at his touch. "It's me," he reassured her quickly. "Rowan. Remember?"

It took a moment or two, with the woman studying his face through narrowed eyes, before she seemed to register even a glimmer of recognition. "Rowan?"

"Yes." He nodded his head before continuing. "I'm going to take you out of here." That said, he helped her to her feet and winced when she appeared to have trouble maintaining her balance. They were in trouble. When the people from Earth managed to find their way to the planet, they were going to have their heads -- literally. "I'm going to try to...fix you up," he announced, wondering how he was ever going to manage to accomplish it.

Once he had taken Sam out of the white room, he led her down the corridor, noting that she kept her eyes closed in an attempt to shield them from the lights. He had to almost drag her forward. She had been without the use of her legs for so long, the muscles appeared to be unable to obey her commands.

Rowan took a look at the long steps that led to the surface and groaned audibly. She was never going to manage it. "I'll have to carry you," he stated, before placing one hand behind her back and another under the backs of her knees. When she cried out in pain, he gasped in response. They were in trouble.

After several long moments, he had finally managed to get her up the stairs, although Sam had long since lost consciousness. "Where do you want me to put her?" he asked Telman.

"Take her down the hall," Telman replied. "We have a room set up with a bed and some medicinal supplies."

"It's going to take more than that to fix her up again," Rowan told him, although he took her in the direction indicated.

"We'll have to do the best we can," Telman assured him, opening the door to the room for the man as he carried the blonde woman inside and laid her carefully down on the bed. "Why isn't she awake?"

Before Rowan could respond, the sound of running feet was heard in the corridor outside. "A ship just landed on the surface!" one of the chief guards announced. "It's the biggest ship I've ever seen!!"

"A Goa'uld mothership?" Telman demanded to know.

"No," the guard replied, shaking his head vehemently. "And it's bigger than that."

Rowan inclined his head toward Sam and then brought his worried gaze back to Telman's features. "It's them," he stated softly. "They've come for her."

"We're in trouble," Telman whispered back. He paused a moment. "Who's going to go and talk with them?" he asked suddenly.

"Not *me*!" Rowan gasped, shaking his head rapidly.

"It was *your* idea not to kill her!" Telman snapped. "*You* try and negotiate with them."

"Negotiate?" Rowan echoed incredulously. "They're not going to negotiate *anything*! I'll be lucky if I even get to speak before they kill me!"

"But they don't know *we* have her," Telman offered hopefully. "Say something like...we might know where she is?"

"Like *that* will help!" Rowan protested. He held up a hand to keep the man from coming up with anymore bright ideas. "Look. I'm the one Sam trusts the most. If she wakes up, and finds *you* here, she's going to scream and then we're in a worse spot than we are now. You go and....try your hand at negotiating. And try to act...apologetic, at the very least."

"Apologetic," Telman replied, allowing the word to sink in for a moment or two before nodding his head. "Apologetic. Right."

When Telman left the room, Rowan turned his attentions to the woman on the bed. "You have to wake up for me now, Sam," he fairly pleaded. "And try to look....healthier...."

..................

It took awhile for Telman to reach the ship's landing site and he stopped, dead in his tracks, stunned by the sheer size of the vessel.

Then he noticed all the people hurrying to disembark from it and suddenly wished he had decided to take a few guards along with him. He shook his head quickly. That was only going to improve his odds of being killed. The only hope he had was to approach them alone and hope that they were willing to at least try to listen to him.

By the time he moved within a few feet of the man who appeared to be in the lead, the scanning device affixed to his arm began to hum and he stopped suddenly, staring down at it in surprise. A Goa'uld? He squelched the momentary panic. No...not Goa'uld. It must be these... What did Rowan call them? Tok'ra?

But how could he be sure? What if he was wrong? Should he run first and ask questions later?

No. Nothing could be gained by running now. Too much damage had been done already. He was here to fix as much of that as he could. He reached down and deactivated the device on his arm before holding both hands up, to reveal the fact that he was unarmed. He watched as most of the 'army' remained where they were, even if they did fan out in several directions, after receiving an series of gestures from the 'leader'.

As it was, only four people approached Telman directly and he waited until they had moved within hearing distance before he bowed his head slightly in greeting. "I am Telman," he began. "How may I help you?"

"Where is she?" Jack demanded to know, having spent enough time pacing the narrow confines of the ship to already try his patience. He wasn't about to dilly-dally any longer.

"Jack....," Daniel interrupted, holding up a forefinger in an effort to halt the man in his tracks. "Diplomacy....remember?"

"You know where you can shove your diplomacy," Jack snapped in response before returning his attention to Telman. "Where is she?"

The archaeologist moved to stand between Jack and Telman. "I'm...Daniel Jackson," he introduced, before turning toward the others in turn. "This is Teal'c, and Jacob, and....well, you've already met Jack..." He smiled lightly and then shrugged, as if apologizing for the man's brusque manner. "We're looking for a member of our team."

"Sam," Telman nodded, surprising even himself at the simple admission. "She's here...."

"What have you done to her?!"

Telman took a few steps back at the question Jack roared in his direction. "We're sorry!" he stammered in response. "We didn't understand! We were only trying to defend ourselves!"

Jack immediately rushed for the man, grabbing him by front of his tunic and lifting him off of the ground in the process. "If you hurt one hair on her blonde head...."

"Jack!" Daniel shouted sharply, noticing the look of complete and utter fear on Telman's features.

Jack made a soft, grumbling noise under his breath before placing Telman back on his feet. "Start talking, and I mean quickly, before I lose what is left of my patience."

Telman nodded his head as he smoothed his shirt down with the palms of his hands. "We saw you come through the ring device," he began, his words often times running together rapidly in an effort to get it all out before the irritated man throttled him. "So we sent one of our guards to investigate. We have devices....to detect the presence of the Goa'uld and.... Well, we thought that Sam was a Goa'uld. The man assumed that the others with her were merely servants or Jaffa so we sent them back through the ring, but we kept her because interrogating the Goa'uld is often times useful for gaining knowledge and information and...."

"You interrogated her?!" Jack shouted, not liking the track the conversation was taking. "*My* Sam?"

"We-We're sorry!" Telman apologized quickly. "We didn't know! We had never heard of this...Tok'ra before. We didn't know that not all Goa'uld are evil. You must understand. We've been using these devices..." He held up his arm as if in demonstration. "...to protect our people for decades. Never have we captured Tok'ra. Only Goa'uld. But I'm afraid that we...learned of our mistake too late."

"Too late for what?" Daniel and Jacob echoed in unison.

"To stop the interrogation," Telman explained. He then understood the look of apprehension on their features. "But she's not dead," he added quickly. "Just a little....injured. Slightly. Well, a little more than slightly....actually..."

"Jack...," Daniel cautioned, when he saw the Colonel move toward Telman once more.

"I want to see her right *now*!" Jack demanded. "And I mean *instantly*."

"Of course," Telman nodded, turning around and leading the four men back the way he had come and hoping against hope that they wouldn't execute him on the spot.

Perhaps Rowan had been able to work some miracle in the short time he was gone and the woman would be sitting up in bed, just a little worse for wear after her ordeal.

Not very likely.

.............

End of Part IV! Part V Coming Soon!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to MerryKate