Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Love That Can Never Be Broken, A

by Meloko
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A Love that can Never be Broken

A Love that can Never be Broken
by

Meloko

TITLE: A Love that can Never be Broken
AUTHOR: Meloko
EMAIL: faithz_angel@hotmail.com
ARCHIVE: my new website http://home.talkcity.com/BoxOfficeBlvd/cleopatra-1st/stargate.html
CATEGORY: S/D, death
SPOILERS: Forever in a Day, Gamekeeper and Legacy
SEASON/SEQUEL: Season 3
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: Suicidal implications
SUMMARY: Sam is forced to kill her lover.
DISCLAIMER: None of this is mine; the actual story is written by yours truly, but the characters and name etc, don't belong to me.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: The idea came to me after watching the Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode entitled 'The Becoming'- where Angel tries to suck the world into hell but Buffy is forced to kill him, hence the fic!

The gunfire rang throughout her ears. She killed him; the only guy she'd ever loved and she'd killed him. The shot seemed to be endless and he appeared to fall to the floor in slow motion. She'd dared not move, she dared not look. He was gone and she had caused it.

Why after all this searching for her one true love did this have to happen?

She'd finally found happiness; long waited, meaningful, once in a lifetime joy. Gone in a few seconds.

She had no choice; he'd finally become what he hated the most. A Goa'uld.

First they'd taken his wife and now they'd taken him.

She should have stopped them; she should have helped him. Instead she did nothing; she ran like a coward. She left him alone: defenceless. She'd gone to save herself, hardly the soldier she'd been trained to be; she'd left at the first sign of trouble. How could she say she loved him now? After what she'd done?

His eyes as the bullet entered his body would haunt her forever the sweet adorable eyes, which were the doorway to his soul. The eyes that could tell you everything about him, tell you when he was lying, when he really felt love...............

She missed him already; she missed all those memorable moments she'd spent with him. The tokens of affection, the sweet gestures and just the feeling of him being they're for her. He was always there for her; supported and never once doubted her.

She knew that he loved her like no one else, that he could have never done that to her, but yet those eyes has showed forgiveness. In his last moments he understood what was right; he knew that he had to die. He'd even thanked her, for putting him out of his misery. Stopping him from hurting everyone

he cared for and from what he came back to earth to do. To kill them all: the whole planet. He'd carried a small Goa'uld device capable of destroying a whole world. Their world.

Why him? Why now? He'd been through so much already; the death of his parents as a child, the numerous let down's, Sha're dying. Yet he'd come through it all: stronger. Anyone else would have given up, but not him. Sam secretly thought of him as a hero; who had a job to do and although sometimes faltered, he always got up. Ready for the next task, ready for anything life was to throw at him. A hero in his own right.

God how she loved him.

Daniel had once told her "You've never really known what love is". He was right; Jonus she'd now realised she never loved; she never loved anyone till him. Now Daniel was dead, by her very hand. Now she knew what love really was, the feeling it gave her; the affection it could give; how not being

around him hurt and the whole world would disappear when she was in his arms............

She could never love anyone as much as him. Never would she have those live changing feelings. Never would she have her heart filled with love. Never would she live.................

She realised now, that she couldn't love again, that life wasn't life without him.

She'd never experienced love again and as they saying goes 'it's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all'. It was right.

She was lucky, but now she had one thing left to do.

She needed to be with him.

She stared at his lifeless body knowing that she would be with him soon.

She pulled out the gun, and placed it to her head.

She whispered 'I love you' as she released the catch.

The sound ringing throughout the room.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Meloko