Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

False Dream, A

by Meloko
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A False Dream

A False Dream

by Meloko

TITLE: A False Dream
AUTHOR: Meloko
EMAIL: faithz_angel@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Romance
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: Divide and Conquer
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: Set the night after Divide and Conquer, Sam gets drunk and comes onto Jack but what is his reaction?
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Sam is always seen as a sensible character so I thought it might be interesting for her to get drunk, and for once let go. Then I decided that the whole scene would be more fascinating after the episode 'Divide and Conquer'.

"Carter, you should really go home........"

She stopped and turned round. Jack immediately smelt the alcohol on her breathe.

"You're drunk!"

"Sush" she put her finger to her lips. "You won't tell Jack, will you?" she put on a sweet innocent voice.

"What are you doing here, wait a second, and how did u get here? Unless you got drunk here............Sam where did you get drunk?"

"We had a mini party in the lab. Celebrating figuring out.........What was it again.....?"

"And I thought, you were the clever ones" he muttered. "Sam, come with me, I better get you home" he took her arm.

She gazed up into his eyes. "I never realised how incredibly handsome you were before Jack........."

**Sam, please don't do this**

"Let's get you home, before......."

"Before what?" she asked playfully.

"I'm your superior officer"

"I didn't say anything"

"Sam"

She moved to kiss him but he sidestepped and she missed his lips. "I thought, you wanted this?"

"I.......Sam you're drunk!"

"I am......." She stumbled and fell. She looked up, "Perhaps a tinsey little bit".

"Sam, we really have to get you home, before General Hammond sees"

"You're lying, you want to get me into bed"

"Stop it Sam,you don't want this," he told her. "If you were sober....." his voice fell. If she had been sober, this would have been a dream come true. He loved her, but he could never take advantage.

"You're wrong, I do. Come on Jack, you know you want to" she grabbed his face and this time he had no chance to pull away. Her lips had felt so warm and this felt so right..........he pulled away.

**She's drunk**he forced himself to remember. No matter how much he wanted this, he couldn't let it happen.......

"What's wrong with me Jack? You said you loved me yesterday, and today you don't want anything to do with me. What kind of guy are you?"

"A decent one" he muttered. "Sam, I'm driving you home, then I'm leaving you to sleep it off. Are we clear?Nothing is going to happen!"

Sam was reluctantly dragged to the car and she said nothing on the way back home.

"We're here. Now I'm taking you in, and that's it"

She ignored him.

"Give me your keys Sam?"

"No!"

"Sam!"

She threw him her bag and he looked through to find a key. As he searched something caught his eye, he pulled the photo out and looked at it. It was a picture of Daniel, Teal'c and him taken at her last birthday. It showed him, what she really thought of him as: a friend. A good friend but nothing more.

He quickly put the photo back and picked up her keys.

"Come on slow coach. I hope your not routing through my stuff!"

"Got them" he opened the door.

As Sam got through the door, she fell over again. Jack picked her up gently and took her to the bedroom.

"I knew you wanted to get me in here"

He placed her on her bed and she instantly fell asleep. He pulled the covers over her and watched her sleep for a moment. If only this had been real..........he kissed her on the forehead and mumbled, "I love you" before turning to her one more time and leaving.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Meloko