Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Forgotten Time, A

by Meloko
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A Forgotten Time

by Meloko

TITLE: A Forgotten Time
AUTHOR: Meloko
EMAIL: faithz_angel@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Future Story, POV
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: None
SEASON / SEQUEL: future
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: Jack looks at a photo and remembers........
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: A bored Saturday afternoon and this was the result.

A picture of a time that I will never forget. A time when anything was possible, where the fate of the world was often in my hands. Now those hands can barely hold the photo, but my memory of them is still crystal clear. It felt like it was just yesterday when we were a team. The famous SG1, feared by even those who could call themselves Gods but they had fallen. Some even by my own hands.

Of course I rejoiced the day when the Goa'uld were finally wiped out but at what expense. My team. I knew I watched Teal'c fall before my very eyes. The strongest warrior I have ever known, shot done just in the minutes when the ultimate fight was nearly over. A simple staff weapon wound that went straight through him, he fell a hero but he would never get to celebrate the victory. None of them would.

Daniel I found already dead. I will never know how my friend died, as his body held no clues to unlock the mystery. Tears streamed down my face as I desperately went to find Sam. My beloved Sam. I saw her thrown by the explosion that she set up on the Goa'uld mothership. The one that held the God. An advance bomb that Carter had designed killed the seemingly invincible God. We had trapped him and most of his army with only the few who had been instructed to look over the planet. They were the ones that had killed Teal'c and maybe Daniel?

The plan had seemed so simple and flawless at the time. I looked at Sam and cried. I saw my love die before my eyes. I heard her last breathe and her body limp. I reluctantly picked up her body, wishing I had more hands to take the rest of my friends back.

I laid her on the ramp and my heart shattered in a million pieces. I had lost everyone but we had won.

A victory that cost me my friends, but never again would the world have to worry of the threat of the Goa'uld. No more innocent people taken as hosts. No more lives sacrificed......

I stare at that picture and smile at the people that were my friends. Hero's of every right.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Meloko