Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

History Revealed

by Meaghan B
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
History Revealed

History Revealed

by Meaghan B

TITLE: History Revealed
AUTHOR: Meaghan B
EMAIL: meaghan@stargatesg-1.com
CATEGORY: SJR
SPOILERS: All SG-1
SEASON / SEQUEL: None
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: None
SUMMARY: Kirra Carter has always wondered what happened to her father, and on her birthday she is about to find out!
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This story was written in amongst the parts of my Alternate end series! The one problem, I NEED a new BETA reader, so anyone out there who wants to BETA can you please e-mail me. Sorry about the mistakes in this one as I beta'd it myself.

18 September 2019

Dear Diary,

I've never done anything like this before in my life, so I am not sure what to write. I just know that I have to talk to somebody. You see, my life has been a lie. For the past 17 years I have been living one huge lie, and it's all moms fault! Today is my birthday, 18 of September. I was born in the year 2002, and now it is the year 2019. And it was today that my mother decided to reveal to me the truth of my parentage. She said that she figured since I've turned 17, that I could handle the truth about my father. Little did I know that my father was one of the greatest soldiers to ever walk this Earth!

Whilst I was growing up I had always asked her questions about my dad, and every time she said that he was the most amazing man she ever met, she loved him and still does love him. I'd asked many questions about him, but when I was 15 I became more curious. So I started asking more questions, like what's his name, age and where is he now. All I got was Jonathon, now he'd be 50 and he's dead. Then she'd start to cry so I'd leave it at that. But today, today was different. The minute I woke up she trundled me off to the local war memorial. When we got there I was really confused. I'd been there so many times before with various school excursions, but never with my mom. She took my hand and led me to the main wall for the Great Intergalactic War of 2002. I stood there remembering the stories the tour guide had told us when we first visited it, the one story in particular of a Colonel who sacrificed his life for the sake of earth. Colonel Jack O'Neill, Earth's saviour, he even has a day where we remember him and all others that died in the war, the 16th September, 2 days before my birthday. None of this really seemed significant until my mom began to talk.

"Kirra, come here for a minute will you please!" Mom was standing at the wall with the colonels name plaque on it. So I ran over to her. She pointed to the list of names, "You wanted to know who your father was, well, his name is in that list!" I practically fainted on the spot. "My father is a war hero, who was in the war of 2002!" Mom just turned and looked at the wall. She was staring at the picture next to Colonel O'Neill's nameplate. "Sweetie, does this man look familiar to you?" She pointed to his picture. It was a little faded, but I'd never noticed that before. It was the same man in the pictures on my mom's dresser, and in the photo of her, Uncle Danny, Auntie Janet, Grandpa George and some other guy mom says is called Teal'c. The same man she had said she was still in love with, my father. "Mom, are you trying to tell me that this Colonel is my father!" A tear rolled down her cheek as she croaked the words "Yes Kirra, he is." I looked long and hard at that picture, because for the first time I wasn't seeing just a war hero. I was seeing my father, the war hero.

On the drive home Mom explained everything to me. Wow what a life she lived before me. A secret life that no one on Earth knew about until the war began. Her and my father, were the CO and 2IC of SG-1. A special team that used the Stargate to explore other worlds. They were the best team in the facility, but there was one problem. They fell in love with each other, a big no, no in the Air Force. They had this relationship, and hid it from everyone, even Uncle Danny and Janet. It wasn't until mom fell pregnant with me that the relationship was discovered. They were both extremely relieved that Grandpa George didn't court martial them or have them kicked out. Instead, he allowed them to stay together and work together as well. Things were going great until a few months later. When the Goauld attacked earth, it was a surprise to everyone. Including my parents. So they were unprepared, but earth went into battle with Apophis. The war lasted many months, mom was 2 months pregnant when it started and I was born two days after it ended. That's why my father is a hero, he was captured by Apophis and told he could surrender himself to die and save Earth, or live and let the war continue. Knowing that mom was down on Earth 9 months pregnant with me, he gave the ultimate sacrifice, his life. I was born 2 days later in the SGC facility by Auntie Janet and have never met my father. Two days ago was the 17th anniversary of my father's noble death and I couldn't be prouder knowing that I am part of him. My mom gave me the best birthday present this year; she gave me the knowledge of my father.

Thanks for listening Diary
Kirra Emily Carter (O'Neill)

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Meaghan B