Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Minute, A

by MC
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A minute

A minute

by mc

Title: A minute
Author: mc
Email: jacknsam4ever@yahoo.com
Status: Completed
Category: Missing Scene/Epilogue
Spoilers: Season Four, Entity
Season/Sequel info: None
Rating: PG
Content Warnings:
Summary: Jack's minute with Sam
Disclaimer: Stargate Sg-1 and its characters are the property of Stargate (II) Productions, Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This story is for entertainment purposes only and no money exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author. This story may not be posted elsewhere without the consent of the author.

Janet tried to hold back her tears.

"I think it's time to let her go, sir."

This thought took a minute to hit home. When it did, the realization hit Jack hard.

"Just...give it a minute, huh?"

Janet nodded solemnly and started toward the door - hands in her pockets. Struggling through her own fog of emotions, it suddenly occurred to her that Jack was grieving for Sam in more ways than one. She stopped and turned to offer some last words of comfort to the Colonel.

"Sam knows...knew...how much you cared for her."

Bowing his head to avoid meeting Janet's eyes, Jack softly responded, "Yeah."

Janet turned to leave Jack alone to his good-byes.

After what seemed like an eternity, a look of resigned determination came across Jack's face. While observing Sam's angelic face, his hand found hers.

"Sam." started the Colonel, "I don't know if you're in there or whether you can hear me." Jack paused, wondering whether he should explicitly tell Sam it was him. He decided that whether she was dead or alive, Sam would probably recognize his voice anywhere.

"Sam, I'm sorry I had to zat you twice.It...didn't leave me much of a choice." Jack added, thoughtfully, "I bet if you had beenyou, you probably would have known how to save yourself." The sight of Sam's lifeless body angered the Colonel. "Why'd you have to communicate that damn thing anyway? If you had just left it alone, then you'd be...alive."

The sucking sounds from the life support pump filled the silence in the room.

Defeated, Jack switched to another approach. Not caring if anyone saw him, he took her hand into both of his and tenderly brought her hand to his lips. Closing his eyes, he searched his heart for the words.

"I..." Although Sam was no longer alive, the military regulations still ingrained in Jack's psyche made it difficult for him to reveal his feelings.

"I love you, Sam." whispered Jack so softly that no one except Sam or Sam's spirit would have been able to hear his confession.

Jack freed his right hand to brush Sam's hair away from her eyes. Closing his eyes once more, Jack leaned over to place a kiss on Sam's forehead. Pulling away, Jack wondered whether he should have done this when she was alive - regardless of the regulations.

Jack sat back in his chair just in time as Daniel and Teal'c entered the room. In the same moment, the red alert sounded. General Hammond's voice bellowed over the speakers, "SG-1 to the MALP room..."

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to mc