Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Tiger, Tiger

by Lucy Everington
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Tiger, Tiger

Tiger, Tiger

by Lucy Everington

TITLE: Tiger, Tiger
AUTHOR: Lucy Everington
EMAIL: Lucy-ann@walkingdisaster.co.uk
CATEGORY: Romance
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: None
SEASON / SEQUEL: any; Sequel to Nightmares to Dream
RATING: PG-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: Current events mean Sam has to make a big decision.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: I do not own the characters I wish I did but I don't. This story is not to be posted anywhere without my permission. I have not been paid to write this story. No copyrite infringment intended.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Thanks to Amy G again for the inspiration. Thanks to Sarah for beta reading and coming up with the title and........ok I could go on forever Thanks for everything Sarah! Thanks to the people who asked for the sequel or I wouldn't have written it. Feedback appreciated, nothing nasty though I'm easily offended.

Jack knocked on the door to Sam's house and was surprised when Sam answered the door wrapped up in her dressing gown. Had he not been so surprised he would have stood there appreciating how beautiful she looked.

"Sam we need to leave in half an hour or we're not going to get there for ten thirty." Jack pointed out.

"I'm not going," Sam replied. Jack rolled his eyes and groaned inwardly.

"Haven't we been through this once already, she's your daughter and she wants to meet you.

"But she must hate me, I abandoned her."

"If she hated you she wouldn't want to meet you, would she, now are you going to let me in or am I gonna stand out here and freeze? " Sam smiled and led him into the lounge.

About an hour later, Jack pulled up at a huge house in a very posh town. Jack wondered how rich the adoptive parents were.

"Come on then Sam, time to go." Sam didn't move.

"Do I have to make that an order Major?" Jack asked.

"OK! OK! I'm coming," Sam answered.

Jack rang the doorbell and almost immediately a tall woman in a long black skirt and a white blouse answered it.

Jack wondered whether someone had died and they'd called Sam to get the child out the house.

"Welcome I take it that you are Samantha Carter and you are...?" She asked Jack.

"I'm Jack" he said offering no further explanations.

"Please come in Ann-Marie will be back from her ballet dancing lesson soon. Please excuse me I have work to do" she led them into the lounge. Once she had gone Jack turned and asked Sam,

"Ballet, your daughters a ballet dancer?" Sam glared at him.

'Well' he thought, 'If looks could kill I'd be dead now if I wasn't already.

"Is she here? Is she? Can I go talk to her?" They heard someone ask excitedly.

"Yes, she's in the lounge." Someone else answered. A couple of minutes later a small girl with long blonde hair and blue eyes who looked just like Sam had when she was eleven entered.

"Hi I'm Ann-Marie" she said. Then another lady entered.

"Hello I am Alycia" she said coolly.

"Hello." Sam said nervously.

"Hi I'm Jack" Jack stated.

"Are you Mummy's boyfriend? Are you my Dad?" Ann-Marie asked

"No" said Jack.

"Yes," said Sam at the same time.

"Yes he is my boyfriend but he isn't your dad."

"Ann-Marie would you like to come to the Zoo with us?" Sam asked.

"Yes please, can I go?" Ann-Marie asked, Alycia frowned but said

"Yes you can."

"What jobs do you do?" Ann-Marie asked as she and Jack were finishing their ice creams and Sam was watching them while they watched the tiger cubs wander round their enclosure trying to find there Mum.

"We work for the Air Force." Sam answered.

"You fly planes, cool!"

"Not exactly," said Sam "We do lots of experiments as well."

"Can I come and see you at work?" Ann-Marie asked.

"Maybe" Sam answered "but know we better get you home before your Mum starts to get worried."

"She's not my Mum, you are!" Ann-Marie said tearfully. Jack and Sam exchanged puzzled glances.

"I suppose you're a bit like those little tiger cubs." Jack pointed out.

"Well they've been searching for their Mum and now they've found her just like you've been looking for you Mum and now you've found her." He explained.

"Mmm." Ann-Marie replied watching the tiger cubs fighting.

"When you mentioned her Mum she was really upset." Jack said to Sam as they sat on the sofa in Jacks lounge, Jack had his arms round Sam.

"Well I suppose I'll find out more on Saturday when I take her to the park." Sam answered, "But now I better go."

"Do you have to?"

"Yes if I want to be in a fit state to work tomorrow, see I have this really strict Colonel who'll be mad at me if I fall asleep on him. " Jack smiled and kissed her. Five minutes later Sam pulled away "I really have to go." She said. After putting her shoes and coat on she left.

"Mummy can I come and live with you please? I hate Alycia. She's mean to me, she makes me go to Ballet she wont let me join Karate and she hits me." She showed Sam a large bruise on her arm. Sam was shocked and angry.

"Well you could stay with me tomorrow night." Sam said.

"That's not what I meant." Ann-Marie answered.

"I know, I know" Sam soothed "but it's a start. Come on let's go ask Alycia."

"Race you to the house." Ann-Marie yelled as she started to run. When they got back to the house Sam managed to persuade Alycia to let Ann-Marie stay with her.

"Do you think Ann-Marie could come and live with me?" Sam asked.

" With the hours you do, no." Jack answered.

"In that case I suppose I'll hand in my resignation."

"You'll do what? Why?"

"Ann-Marie's not happy, she's being abused."

"Do you have any proof?"

"She says she is and she has a lot of bruises."

"Maybe she fell over."

"You don't believe me do you?" Sam said getting up.

"Hey calm down tiger!"

"Do you believe me?"

"Well.........."

"Bye" said Sam leaving quickly.

"Sam I'm sorry...." He started but it was too late.

'If he doesn't believe me who will?' Sam thought. 'I've got no choice'

Sam knocked on the door of Jacks quarters. He answered and let her in.

"Jack I'm sorry about last night I 'm just over protective of Ann-Marie." Jack smiled and hugged her and he kissed her forehead.

"It's Ok, just don't go doing anything drastic if you find out your right. Come and talk to me, promise? "

"Promise." Sam said feeling incredibly guilty. She kissed Jack...

"Jack are you in there?" A familiar and annoying voice asked.

"Awful timing as always." Jack said and Sam giggled

"No giggling Major."

'She'll be here any minute' Sam thought checking through her suitcase one last time.

'I've got everything, left a message on Jacks answering machine, oh I wish I could tell him but...'

The doorbell interrupted her thoughts.

"Hello. Be a good girl for Sam I've got to go, bye." Alycia said.

Sam shut the door. "Ok. Don't take your shoes and coat off we're going away."

"Where to?" Ann-Marie asked.

"Out of State."

"When till?"

"Forever. Well, until your old enough to live on your own anyway."

"You mean I'm going to live with you?"

"Yes." Ann-Marie cheered and threw her arms round Sam.

"Come on lets go. Bring your bag."

"Isn't Jack coming?"

"No, we split up."

"Oh Mum I'm so sorry!."

Jack took off his coat and pressed the play button on his answering machine.

"You have one message" the mechanical voice said.

Jack stood there waiting.

"Jack it's Sam. I'm sorry."

'She's gonna cancel our date' Jack thought.

"By the time you hear this I'll be far away, I cant tell you where."

'What?'

"I'm with Ann-Marie" her voice began to crack.

"I love you and I'm sorry but I have to do this for Ann-Marie. Don't try to find me, just forget about me. I love you, Good bye Jack, I'll never forget you."

Jack had to play the message four times before he could believe it. He picked up the phone and dialed Janet's number.

The End

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Lucy Everington