Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Storytime aka Jack-anory

by Linz
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Storytime aka Jack-anory

Storytime aka Jack-anory

by Lindsay

TITLE: Storytime aka Jack-anory
AUTHOR: Lindsay
EMAIL:lindsaymallen@yahoo.com
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack romance
SPOILERS: Slight one for FIAD
SEASON / SEQUEL: Future
RATING: G
CONTENT WARNINGS:none
SUMMARY: Jack tells a story
STATUS: Completed
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: For anyone who doesn't know, "Jackanory" was a children's programme in the UK. Each week someone famous would read a story for all the kids who watched the show.
Also, I made up Jack's middle name.

"Dad, tell me a story."

"What type of story would you like to hear button?"

"Tell me again how you and mom met and fell in love and stuff."

"Ok sweetie, you ready?"

Jack looked down at his enchanting daughter; she was a living image of her mother with the IQ to match. Leah was a very precocious 6-year-old and having roughly the same intelligence as your regular genius, she caused exactly the same kind of confusion in Jack that his wife, both daughters and his son did everyday of their lives. He sighed as he resigned himself to telling the story that Leah had heard at least sixty trillion times before. But hey, what the hell, he enjoyed reliving the memories of how he had been given the most wonderful thing in his life. Plus he got to cuddle his inquisitive little daughter a little longer before she was off causing more mayhem when she found something else that caught her interest. So Jack began to tell the story that reopened his once dead heart...

"...Well it all began in a galaxy far, far away...

"Dad, come on tell the truth... no one can go that far yet!!"

"I'll have you know young lady that I am telling the truth. I am hurt that you would think otherwise!"

Leah rolled her eyes at him the same way her mother did when he was being sarcastic. Jack had christened it the "Oh, for crying out loud" look.

"Now Leah...you know the punishment for interrupting... IT'S TICKLE TIME!!!!!!!

"No... please ... dad... please... I'll tell mom... she squealed between breaths

Just then, Mom walked into the room. She had a knack for sensing when he was tormenting the kids. "Tell mom what?"

"Tell mom that he's tickling me again... tell him to stop... please..."

"Jack what are you doing? *Again*?" She said with a laughing severity in her tone.

"She *interrupted*, you know the rules honey... come to think of it, is this an interruption from you? Ha ha, DOUBLE TICKLE TIME!!!!!!"

"Jonathon Michael O'Neill, *don't* *you* *dare*!"

For a moment, he stood a picture of innocence, wearing his little boy in trouble look. He sensed the exact moment when she dropped her guard and took full advantage. Already assuming victory, he made a lunge, catching her at the waist and thus began his merciless assault on his wife too.

After a couple of minutes he didn't have the heart (well actually the courage) to carry on tickling and so he let his prisoners free. The moment he did, the tables were turned and he was (in his opinion anyway) viciously and unfairly treated by two of his very most favourite women. Damn he'd forgot that Sam (being trained in self-defence and lots of other nasty tricks) had learned certain techniques to render him motionless. When they *finally* let him go, he watched as they both did a little victory dance. He smiled to himself as he remembered the day he first saw Sam do that... it came somewhere between "I" and "do"! If Leah carried on this way, her future husband was going to be just as whipped as he was now, and as he had been for the past 13 years.

As he settled Leah back on his knee, Sam left the room with a warning "Leah, remember, *however* far-fetched his story might sound, don't interrupt or I may not be able to stop him inflicting tickle torture"

She smiled to herself as her perfect little girl nodded solemnly. She still couldn't believe that it was Jack who had come up with a way of being able to tell the kids the truth about the stuff they had been through and not have them believe a single word of it! He really was quite clever at times, not only did he surprise others, but she knew that sometimes he surprised himself too.

"Now, where were we... Oh, yeah, on a planet far, far away..."

As Leah snuggled closer to his chest, Jack carried on with his very most favourite story ever (one that even beat The Wizard of OZ).

"...Your mom, me, Uncle Danny and Uncle Teal'c were exploring a forest. (Just for a change). Anyway, we came across a little village where the people where all so small that I nicknamed them munchkins. Their real name was the Mishkels. They were very friendly and were lots of fun but they were even cooler because they had special powers. They could make us fly and they could tell what we were thinking *and* they had a sort of "code of practice" that made them want to make everyone happy. Well, at first we just enjoyed flying around, having some fun, until Uncle Danny flew into a tree and the munchkins made us all come down. They wouldn't let us fly anymore until they taught us how to avoid the trees. Later that day, Uncle Danny and Uncle Teal'c were exploring the village and finding out everything they could about the munchkins so that we could be friends with them. Your mom and me went to the leaders of the munchkins to tell them that we had to go home and another team would come back. But they asked us all to stay for the feast that night. Well, we were having so much fun we said yes."

"So because we had spent the day flying, we were all really tired, so the munchkins said for us to sleep until the party began. We, unlike you, did as we were told and went straight to bed (another role of the eyes). But while we were asleep, they read all our minds and found out exactly what we wanted that would make us the most happiest. We didn't know about that of course. Later that night, after one of the best parties *ever* we were all sat round the fire and Vedly (who was the main munchkin man) told us that if we each told them the truth about the one thing in the world that would make us happy, he would make it come true. At first I didn't really believe them, but I was also scared cause I hadn't had the guts to tell your mom that it was her who would make me the happiest, so I just made sarcastic comments and pretended not to be interested. Well Uncle Danny went first and said that Shau're was the only thing that had ever made him feel the happiest, but she had died and so the only thing he wanted was to find her child and help fight the Goa'uld. Just as he said that, Vedly smiled and said that his soul was true and granted him his wish. They told him that the child was waiting for him and told him where..."

"And that's how Uncle Daniel found Harry!!" The child cried triumphantly...

"Leah, is that an interruption I hear?" Jack teased... as she shook her head in vigorous denial Jack took pity on her. Besides he wanted to tell the rest of the story...

"Ok, then it was Uncle Teal'c's turn. He asked for his people to be free of a really nasty race who lived in their belly's"

Leah crinkled her nose up, "eww, dad that's really yacky".

Jack laughingly continued his story...

"Once more Vedly said that his soul was true and granted him his wish. They helped us fight the mean baddies until they no longer lived in Uncle Teal'c's belly".

"Then it was my turn, when they asked me what would make me the happiest, I was too scared to tell them the truth, so I told them that the thing that would make me the happiest would be if the Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup. Well Vedly frowned at me and said "you tell a falsehood, that is not what your soul desires...as such we will not help you. Your wish is denied". So I sat and I sulked. Just then I heard them ask your mom what she wanted. You see your mom had more courage than me and said that the thing that would make her most happy was if I would love her forever. Uncle Danny choked on his drink and Uncle Teal'c raised *both* his eyebrows. I just made a goldfish face I couldn't believe it. Anyway, Vedly smiled and said that he saw that her soul was true but that he couldn't grant her wish, because by granting hers, it would mean he would be granting my real wish too and cause I hadn't been honest I didn't deserve it. That was the first time I was ever speechless, not even a smart comeback. I couldn't believe they told your mom how I truly felt, so I got up and left the party. I was still being a coward and I couldn't face any of them, especially your mom."

"Because I walked away from them, your mom thought that I didn't really want to be with her and she got upset. So Vedly took pity on her and told her that he had told them how I really felt to show her that she didn't need munchkin magic. That this particular wish would come true all on it's own. She just needed the courage to face her feelings because the feelings were already there in both of us, we just had denied them all along. But if we wanted to live happily ever after, we both had to admit them that day or we would never have the courage to do so again. So being the wonderful, brave woman that she is, she came after me."

"I saw her before she saw me and panicked so I kept walking away. Anyway, I also forgot that your mom knew me so well even then that she knew exactly what I would do, so she tracked me and put the same move on me as she did before when I was tickling you both. She had me at her mercy cause I couldn't move. I could see that she was really angry with me, like when I don't put my hockey sticks away, only lots worse. I finally realised how stupid I was and that for the first and only time in my life I was being a complete coward. She saw the change in my face and like always, knew just what I was thinking, when I saw her smile I knew that she was mine and I told her that Vedly had been right and that I loved her and that I always would. And do you know what she did then?"

"She laughed at you, didn't she Dad?"

"Yes she did. She thought the look of terror on my face was funny. She said that she had never imagined me afraid of her so she laughed, but not for long, cause I kissed her and asked her to marry me. When we went back to the village to tell them the good news. Vedly said that he had learned a phrase from Uncle Danny "I told you so!" (Leah chimed in stereo) As we all laughed and everyone congratulated us, Vedly and the munchkins gave your mom and me another wish, cause they weren't responsible for the first one coming true. Your mom wished that we wouldn't be considered so "young" by all the cool aliens in the galaxy and I wished that all our kids would be just like her..."

" And that's why we are all smart isn't it?

"Yep. That's why you are all so smart and beautiful."

" Well about three weeks later, we had met these *really* cool aliens called the Furlings and they taught us heaps about the universe and how it worked and other stuff that your mom and Uncle Danny thought was really interesting. When I finally managed to get them both out of the lab and away from the computers (Sam wasn't too hard to distract, but Daniel had been a nightmare) we got married on top of a mountain in Colorado Springs. Everyone we loved most was there; including a few who would have had a really hard time getting through customs. Your Grandad gave your mom away, with Aunty Janet and Cassie as her bridesmaids. Uncle Danny and Uncle Teal'c where my best men (neither lost the rings!) and Uncle George organised it all. It was one of the single most best days of my life and I will never forget it or ever stop thanking the munchkins for their help.

Soon after both your mom and I left our old jobs cause something far more important had to be done. First, your sister Danielle, then Jacob and then finally you came along and completed our family and that was way more important to us than anything else we could have been doing. But we both stayed on base, I got promoted and your mom got reassigned to the research section. It meant that we could still see all our friends, but be safe... which meant that we all lived happily ever after...

Jack looked down at the now sleeping angel in his arms. Yep, he really was happy again. Thank you munchkins.

The End.

Please feel free to tell me what you think

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Lindsay