Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

When Doves Cry

by Lexx The Lioness
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
When Doves Cry

When Doves Cry

by Lexx The Lioness

Category: Angst
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 01/05/04

When Doves Cry Lexx The Lioness

* * * As usual, you should listen to the song while you read. Uh, the Romeo and Juliet one is best for this fic. Summary: Freak-ass dream that I once had. Only it was someone I really love on the crucifix as well as me watching. He was dripping blood and that image wouldnt go away. Freaked me the hell out of. Saw him the next day and that made it better as he was nice and funny and whole. But yeah, Im babbling. * * *

The dream haunted him. It followed him while he slept and entered his waking thoughts. Inexplicable. Terrifying. Sorrowful. The images scared him. A dream like no other. It started with him walking down a hall. A hall in a stone building, with red sandstone walls and a bell. Then he reached outside. The ground was scorched, the land ravaged and dead. Bodies lay around, mangled, and the sky was grey and sad. There was a choir singing somewhere, a treble childrens chorus. Angelic and pure. The sun rose and a ray of its light struck the bell. Jack turned and looked, a single note pealing out. All around the belltower were animals, on the ground surrounding him. Wolves, lions, cats, dogs, birds, all with grey voids for eyes. But up in the belltower was the worst sight, that which scared him the most. A blonde woman tied to a crucifix, blood staining the white5 robe she wore and dripping from the belltower. And doves. Doves with shining wings, sad eyes and tears. They cried. They mourned the earth, what had happened. Jack fell to his knees and wept. Another note rang out from the bell and Jack looked up. A drop of blood fell onto his outstretched hands. He looked up to the body. There were slashes along her arms and the ropes around her arms had tightened like a vice. Blood poured from her, flowing down the belltower and hitting the ground. Jack found himself unable to move, the blood flooding towards him. And the bell rang one last time, Jack springing awake. Just a dream. Time to get ready for the next mission.

* * * Sam led the way to the abbey. The planet they had come to was beautiful and plentiful. They reached the abbey, and found it full of people. Smiling and happy. The Abbot showed them around and left them with some beverages in a room while he fetched the tapestry of their champion that Daniel wanted to see. After and hour, Sam went to find the Abbot. Daniel and Tealc went after to find her. And then Jack left. He had this strange sense of Deja-vu. And then he got outside. The earth was scorched. It was dying. Just like his dream. Bodies. The Abbot. Tealc and Daniel. And Sam. On the crucifix. The blood. The doves. Their tears. The blood once again began to flow, and Jack felt it sting his hand as he sprang awake.

* * *

A month later, the dreams were so frequent that SG-1 had be taken off duty. Jack had a red cross burnt into his hand. It was intricate and writing was beginning to show. Daniel was examining it. I can read it! Jack proclaimed. Daniel frowned at him. He was staring at a picture of Jacks hand that he was studying. Jack, I cant read it. Its not english or any earth derived language. So how can you? I know what it says. Thats all. It says Cruel World. Blood and Tears Jack grinned at Daniel, tired and scared. He could feel another fit coming on. The bell was ringing. The hallway sped past him, everything was moving at a pace much faster than normal. He reached the crucifix and the doves and then, the choir began to get louder. The doves also sang. All the animals sang. aAlone in a world thats so cruel...too demanding...too bold...never satisfied...they cry. Blood and Tears. The burn in Jacks arm began to ooze blood. The blood flooded . Daniel yelled for a medic and sounded an alarm. Without warning Jack had convulsed and began to bleed. The cross was dripping blood.

* * *

Were losing him. This statement sent Sam into a panic. She ran to Jacks side. He was awake, but he was still losing blood. Sam. I wouldnt let them take you. What? She tried to hold the tears back. The earth is being purged, and they wanted to use your blood to purge it, but I offered them mine, I had to. I love you, Sam. he was crying as he spoke. I am now on the crucifix. My Blood and Tears. I love you Jack. I wont let you go. Then we will always be together. Jack slowly slipped into uncosciousness.

Finished!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Lexx The Lioness