Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Falling

by Lady S
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Falling

Falling

by Lady S

TITLE: Falling
AUTHOR: Lady S
EMAIL: anywho_sew@yahoo.com
CATEGORY: Romance
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL: Sequel to My Guys
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: male/female relationship
SUMMARY: Sam's falling. Falling... Falling... Felled
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES:

A woman stood at the kitchen counter, measuring out the scoops of powdered beans into the small white paper filter, listening to the voices drifting out from the living room. As she put the grounds into the machine a man came out to sit with her.

"I don't know how you can be so calm. Those two are driving me insane!" he said as he sat down at the counter.

She smiled. "Oh you know..."

"Yeah. I know." he grinned. "L'amour!"

Sam laughed. Shaking her head at him she put two mugs on the counter. "Did you break the translation on that statue?"

"Actually... no. I can't seem to figure it out. It's driving me up the wall." Daniel said his eye traveling toward his bag.

"You brought it didn't you?" Daniel ducked his head sheepishly. Sam laughed. "Go get it... let's see what we can do."

Jumping from his seat he retrieved the bag and, moving out to the patio, together they worked on the wording. The statue was a pillar with he figure of a pregnant mother on top. It was made of a tan stone that almost reminded them of sandstone. However it was moveable like putty and yet impossible to pull apart. After almost an hour Sam bit her lip as a thought came to her mind.

"Daniel... what if they're not words?"

"Huh?"

"Look here..." she said pointing to the broad base. "What if they're not words but rather numbers or... or symbols. 'Cause... Okay look here. See, there it starts with that symbol. Then... about... thirteen symbols later it is in every single one. Then here... it uses this second symbol thirteen times. Daniel... I think it's counting. But that's just on the base rung of symbols. After that it varies. I think that if we run this through the computer it'll be some sort of math sequence."

"But then why the pregnant woman?"

Sam bit her lip. "I don't know. Maybe their way of calculating a pregnancy?"

"Or the child was for some sort of sacrifice to be presented at a certain time?"

Sam frowned. "God I hope not."

The two sat, staring at the statue, oblivious to the two men stalking them from behind. With a look between them the men stealthily approached the duo preparing to catch their prey. With a yell one man grabbed the woman, flinging her over his shoulder while the other man grabbed the archeologist, pinning his arms behind.

Shrieking with laughter Sam pounded his back trying to get out of his hold before all her blood rushed to her head. Makepeace swung her around and around in circles until he, too, was dizzy and collapsed to the ground. Moving with lightning speed Sam pinned him to the ground and sat on his chest.

"Hah! Gotcha sucker!"

"What'cha gonna do with me?" he said back playfully, his eyes sending the rest of his unspoken message.

Sam stared at him, her mind bringing back the events of that blissful day not so long ago.

"We gotta get going here people. Cassie is in a really big rush. Her bus leaves in half an hour."

"All right... you heard the lady. Everyone pile in. Teal'c you're upfront with me. Danny, Janet, and Cass in the middle, and Cart and Makepeace you guys can hop in the back."

"But Jack there's no seat's back there." Cassie pointed out, looking at his Jeep 4X4.

"They'll be all right Cass. Let's get you to your field trip!"

With a clamor every one filed into the car and Jack took off, careening down the streets to get to the school on time. Just making it the six adults waved the group off before turning to each other to finalize the plans.

"Okay so we'll all meet back at my place at 1300 sharp. Last person there has to buy the first round of drinks at dinner."

Splitting up to change and get ready the group re-assembled again at Jack's place, Sam being the last one to get there due to traffic.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know. Drinks are on me." she said upon seeing Jacks smile.

Soon the group had reached its destination.

"Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!" a man said as he squeaked the red ball that decorated his nose. "Glad you're here at CambarLand, Colorado's very own amusement park!"

Eager to be past him the group quickly made their way past the gate. Once inside they split up, arranging to meet at the gate in three hours. Jack took Teal'c to show him the fun of roller coasters while Daniel and Janet strolled off to the petting zoo leaving Sam and Robert on their own.

"Where to?" he asked.

"You pick. I picked last time." she replied.

Robert looked around at the park that surrounded them. As his eyes passed the lake he smiled. "Come on. You'll like this."

Within five minutes Sam and Robert were paddle boating around a calm lake, a slight breeze sweeping around them.

"This is nice." Sam said, smiling at her paddle partner.

"I thought you'd like this."

Almost shyly Sam looked at him from the corner of her eye. He seemed to know her so well sometimes. It was strange and yet nice at the same time.

Robert, feeling her gaze turned to look at her just in time to see her glance away. Smiling her took her hand in his as they paddled. He loved just being with her and, as much as Jack annoyed him, he was beginning to feel at home around the team. So much so that his own team had begun to notice. Surprisingly they had kept quiet about the whole thing, aside from the off world ribbing he got on missions. He gladly put up with it knowing what was waiting for him when he got back. They were still in the first stages of their relationship and as fast as it had developed they had yet to make it physical. He wasn't complaining and as far as he knew neither was she. Still...

"Hey Sam...?"

"Yeah?"

Taking his free hand Robert pulled her face closer to his. His thumb running over the jagged scar, he remembered the mission to save the male of SG-1. She had challenged him that night and had won. But she had won more than just the challenge. That was the night she had won his heart. Robert stared into her eyes and, with a slight hesitation, kissed her lips with such sweetness that her breath caught in her throat. Parting he looked at her to search for any sign of rejection, any doubt or fear that he prayed wouldn't show itself.

What he saw took his breath away.

Her eye's, those brilliant orbs of sapphire blue, reflected the love he knew was in his own. Thanking the God's for his fortune Robert delved once more into the sweetness of her lips.

Sam's mind was racing. He loved her! She could see it in his eyes. At that moment she knew. She loved him too. More than she had ever intended to, more than she had ever dreamed was possible. She wanted to tell him... no... she needed to tell him. However Sam found herself unable to form a coherent thought as he once more found her lips.

Sam sat on his chest, staring into his eyes that told her so much.

"Sam?"

Shaking herself from her reverie Sam realized she had been staring silently for several minutes.

"Wouldn't you like to know what I was going to do!" she said, her voice rich with emotion, both playful and serious, as she found the one spot not even he could resist.

With an almost girlish squeal Robert squirmed away from Sam's fingers.

"Hey! No fair! No tickling!" he cried trying to get away.

With a sinister smile Sam raced after him until even Jack had pity on him and grabbed his 2IC from her attack.

'Besides...' he thought. 'I have an attack of my own in mind.'

Without a word Jack dumped Sam into the pool in the middle of the yard. As she flew up, sputtering, Sam swore revenge.

The End

"Can death be sleep, when life is but a dream,
And scenes of bliss pass us as a phantom by?
The transient pleasures as a vision seem,
And yet we think the greatest pain's to die."

Sam will soon find out that the greatest pain is not always brought by death.

Stay tuned!

*evil grin*

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Lady S